Message Boards

Topic : 02/21 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins Follow-up

Number of Replies: 125
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, February 15, 2007, 04:41:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Sarah and Tecoa check in with Dr. Phil after three months of drug rehabilitation. Sent to two separate rehab centers, the twin sisters had to learn to stand on their own two feet before they could move forward in sobriety. The sisters haven’t seen each other in months. How is Tecoa doing after giving birth and placing the baby for adoption? Which twin relapsed and used IV drugs after months of hard work? Then, after rescuing Sarah and Tecoa, Joani finds herself back to the life of addiction -- abusing pain killers, lying to doctors and even meeting one of the twins’ old drug dealers to purchase heroin! How did this happen? Plus, a viewer inspired by Sarah and Tecoa’s story reaches out for help. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More February 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 22, 2007, 8:29 pm CST

02/21 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins Follow-up

To the twins,

Can't believe the difference. You both looked great!!! I have been wondering about you and hoping the rehab. would help. I am sure it will be a life long struggle but will get easier. Keep hanging in there because you have come a long way.

livinglifeat42

February 23, 2007, 3:40 am CST

I am so happy for you!!!

I was so happy that Dr. Phil updated his viewers on the twins.   I am so happy the Twins are doing as well as they are. Keep it up girls, you both have a whole lot to live for.  Sarah I am somewhat concerned for you.  One relapse already and I saw the hurt on your face after seeing the high rating for Sarah received. Just try to keep in mind that each of you will have your ups and downs and it's all up to you on how you handle it. 

You did the amazing sacrifice on giving up your baby, I know that had to be difficult, and that in my book was a job well done.  Look back on your past life, look back on how things used to be for you while using and the jail time you did because of that, and that should be enough to help you work thru it. 

Again,,,,, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!

You have a whole nation on your side of living a completely happy drug free life!!!!!

February 23, 2007, 10:21 am CST

God Bless you, Tacoa

Dear Tacoa,

I could see the awe and respect with which you viewed your sister, and I could see your anxiety and self-chastisement for what you may see as your weakness in relapsing.  I felt as though you were comparing yourself to your sister, something you've probably done all of your life, particularly given your unique twin relationship.  And I just don't think you and your sister should be "graded" based on the same criteria right now.  You are twins, but you are also two human individuals.  And your progress will be different, and you are short-changing yourself if you base your concept of success or failure on what the other may or may not have accomplished.  You are both a tremendous success because you are simply fighting the fight!!! 

Instead of comparing the differences between you and your sister, consider the things you share!  You are both strong, bright, beautiful women that have already served to inspire and help countless people the world over.  Never forget what you've already done!  Give yourself the credit you deserve for making it to where you are now!  I am watching you the same way you were watching your sister...awestruck and proud!

nprgeek

February 23, 2007, 6:14 pm CST

Best thing to do is never do drugs at all!  Drugs will kill!!

February 24, 2007, 3:51 am CST

Amazing

Having been a Heroin addict myself, I understand the insanity that comes with addiction.  I have been in recovery now for the last 7 years and It is amazing!  I weighed 80pounds when I satrted my journey and now well we won't talk about my weight hehe!

When I saw this story it really brought me back to reality and reminded me of hyow powerfull addiction truly is.  When I saw Joanie and what she was doing however, it also reminded me of why it is we never do this sort of work on our own as recovering addicts.  Im still baffled as to what it exactly she was thinking following this young active addict around? Did she think that she was invisible or something?  I kept screaming at my tv screen get the H**** out of there.  I was taught at a very early stage in recovery that you stay away from people, places and things that may lead you back.  Sure enough Joanie relapsed, I saw that coming a mile away.  I am glad that she was there to somewhat help the young girl out.  However, I dont believe she got clean because of Joanie, I believe she got clean because she was sick and tired of being sick and tired.  She at some point believed that there was a better way to live and found willingess to do it.  I hope that she will stay clean just for today.

February 24, 2007, 12:56 pm CST

Quote From: nprgeek

Dear Tacoa,

I could see the awe and respect with which you viewed your sister, and I could see your anxiety and self-chastisement for what you may see as your weakness in relapsing.  I felt as though you were comparing yourself to your sister, something you've probably done all of your life, particularly given your unique twin relationship.  And I just don't think you and your sister should be "graded" based on the same criteria right now.  You are twins, but you are also two human individuals.  And your progress will be different, and you are short-changing yourself if you base your concept of success or failure on what the other may or may not have accomplished.  You are both a tremendous success because you are simply fighting the fight!!! 

Instead of comparing the differences between you and your sister, consider the things you share!  You are both strong, bright, beautiful women that have already served to inspire and help countless people the world over.  Never forget what you've already done!  Give yourself the credit you deserve for making it to where you are now!  I am watching you the same way you were watching your sister...awestruck and proud!

nprgeek

I felt the same way.  I was afraid Tacoa was, unfairly, comparing herself with her sister. 

Tacoa, the fact that you took your pregnancy to term and gave that precious child up for adoption shows that you are a lot stronger than you think.  I'm sure you have psychologically gone through so much, along with the physical trauma of getting clean.  You and your sister have come a long way, and I can't imagine what this must be like for you.  But know there are so many people rooting for you and wishing you both all the best. 

One day at a time!

February 24, 2007, 1:03 pm CST

Quote From: brown_eyes1974

I think Joni is very brave to come on there and ask for help after she just helped those girls..I am so proud of them all! I was addicted to pain killers for 13 years and I am still recovering ...I have been completely off for 14 days today ..I am still struggling everyday I was wondering if any of you could tell me what is normal to go through at this point ..I still think almost everyday I just need the pain meds..Noone has told me what I will or could go through..It haunts my mind daily because I think if I just had some pain medication I would feel better..

Yes, I think Joanie's story goes to show that it is never over.  It's a constant struggle to stay away from the addiction. 

I can't pretend to know what you are going through, but please know there are people who care out here, and we will have good thoughts and prayers for you.  What they say is true, take it one day at a time. 

Good luck to you!!

February 24, 2007, 3:34 pm CST

Quote From: bible12

Best thing to do is never do drugs at all!  Drugs will kill!!
Is that Daniel Radcliff for your icon?  Harry Potter?

February 25, 2007, 3:02 pm CST

Opening my eyes

I'm a 15 year old, although that is young to many people i have seen alot. i have not done drugs and i have not drank at all. but this has opened my eyes even more. These shows to do with bullying and drug use to teens or alcohol problems or anything is realli good. i love watching these shows i think they are realli entertaining. i am a good fan for dr phil. and i apprechiate his work. i hope he can see that he has opened my eyes alot, i can also understand what some kids can go throw. same with sarah and tecoa .

March 1, 2007, 9:28 am CST

There may be another story here

Tecoa, able to obtain illegal drugs at a 12 step meeting, I wonder if the person that sold the drug can be arrested and/or kicked out of CO meetings?  The person sabatoged her efforts and did an illegal act.  Twelve-steppers probably face sabotage often. 

First | Prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last