Message Boards

Topic : 02/21 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins Follow-up

Number of Replies: 125
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, February 15, 2007, 04:41:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Sarah and Tecoa check in with Dr. Phil after three months of drug rehabilitation. Sent to two separate rehab centers, the twin sisters had to learn to stand on their own two feet before they could move forward in sobriety. The sisters haven’t seen each other in months. How is Tecoa doing after giving birth and placing the baby for adoption? Which twin relapsed and used IV drugs after months of hard work? Then, after rescuing Sarah and Tecoa, Joani finds herself back to the life of addiction -- abusing pain killers, lying to doctors and even meeting one of the twins’ old drug dealers to purchase heroin! How did this happen? Plus, a viewer inspired by Sarah and Tecoa’s story reaches out for help. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More February 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 21, 2007, 4:14 pm CST

you can do it

I watched your initial show on the twins and the folow up. I have addictions in my family from alcohol to heroin to perscription drug addiction. I know what it does to the addict and to the people in their lives. I know that from the part  of the people who love you it does NOT MATTER  where you have been or what you have done. All that matters is where you are today. If you slip, all they want is to see you forgive yourself, pick yourself back up, and start again. As many times as it takes. DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will say a prayer for you all.  Good luck and congradulations on your SUCCESS so far.

February 21, 2007, 4:17 pm CST

Good for YOU!!!!

Quote From: lilkimyak

I just watched the show, and I am amazed on how good these girls look. Sarah is happy feels good about herself and has a goal in life, Tecoa I new had relapsed because of the baby. She just has not hit rock bottom yet. I am very hopeful for her because I feel her sister will help her. I am a recovery addict of METH. I was around the Bikers and the lifestyle doing drugs, I loved it. I didnt hit bottom I chose to quit or get my kids taken away. So today 8 years later I am still clean and sober. I feel for the girls because i know what it feels like to have that need which is so overwhelming that if I was clean I would never do things that I'm not proud of. I'm so proud of these girls. Dr. Phil you are awesome.
You should be avery proud of yourself!!!! My daughter is 2 years sober and I KNOW how hard you have worked to stay sober. Your daughters will be proud of you too!!!!! Keep up the very good work you are doing!!!

February 21, 2007, 4:20 pm CST

Tekoah's baby

I applaud Tekoah's decsion to give her baby up for adoption, and want her to know how much respect and admiration I have for her.  Giving up your baby has to be one of the most difficult decisions a woman could possibly make.  It was a completely selfless act which will benefit the baby, the adoptive parents, and Tekoah.  Tekoah has a very difficult path ahead, and the journey would be further complicated, if not made impossible by adding a tiny baby to her life.  It's possible that the baby will have special needs related to Tekoah's substance abuse prior to and during her pregnancy, and those special needs could make caring for the infant even more difficult, in a situation that is nearly impossible to begin with.  The baby will have a much greater start with a loving and stable two parent home.  Tekoah will need to be able to devote herself fully  to her recovery for the next several months, or even years.  When a woman has a baby, she often barely has enough "me" time to go to the bathroom, let alone time to recover from a substance addiction.  So Tekoah, thank you for being such an unselfish woman, and for providing such a shining example of pure motherly love to us all!

February 21, 2007, 4:22 pm CST

Ladies - take heart, you are worth the hard work

If either of the ladies are looking at the boards - you are both worth all the hard work you are having to go through.

I am not typically a proponent of quoting religious phrases, but one came to mind as I saw you this afternoon, having seen the original show.

You are worthwhile individuals.  You have so much to offer this world as healthy individuals.
God does not make mistakes - You are not a mistake - either of you.

My thoughts are with you as you cross the temptations and beat them, as you reach across the challenges to those who will reach back to help you through them.

Don't give up.  What a tragic loss it would be if this world were without each of you.

Who knows what is ahead for you - be excited.  It could be one huge blast !

February 21, 2007, 4:30 pm CST

02/21 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins Follow-up

Stella and Tacoa, congratulation! just keep up the good work. life is very spiritual. For you to conquer in the physical, you have to conquer spiritually. Since you already want help and are working toward being totally clean that means your spirit is willing to fight the captive power of drugs. When ever you get the urge, Ask the holy spirit the strength to over come and believe you can overcome the spirit of getting drugs. Am praying for your guys and I know you will one day overcome and be content and happy without the drugs. Thank you Dr. phil you are indeed a blessing.

February 21, 2007, 4:31 pm CST

I know your pain

Quote From: kcmomof3

In June of this year, I will have ten years clean.  I was addicted to crack cocaine and had lost my children.   I met a man in recovery who later relapsed.  I tried everything possible to keep him clean.  I couldn't do it.  If he's not willing, it won't work.  Love him the best you can and let him know you are there for him.  But  you can't keep him clean.  Just pray for him and keep yourself clean.  My husband took his own life two and a half years ago.  He was depressed and couldn't or wouldn't get off the drugs.  I know the pain you are experiencing even though your husband is still there.  I've been in your situation.  Just continue to go to the meetings and stay clean!  I'll be thinking of you.
Unfortunately, there is NOTHING we can do to keep someone SOBER! It's hard to believe, but it is true! The good thing you CAN do is......Take care of yourself and work your program! If you continue to take care of yourself, you will be setting a good example and you will be keeping that drug from Taking ANOTHER life! I wish you good luck!!!!

February 21, 2007, 4:31 pm CST

I know your pain

Quote From: kcmomof3

In June of this year, I will have ten years clean.  I was addicted to crack cocaine and had lost my children.   I met a man in recovery who later relapsed.  I tried everything possible to keep him clean.  I couldn't do it.  If he's not willing, it won't work.  Love him the best you can and let him know you are there for him.  But  you can't keep him clean.  Just pray for him and keep yourself clean.  My husband took his own life two and a half years ago.  He was depressed and couldn't or wouldn't get off the drugs.  I know the pain you are experiencing even though your husband is still there.  I've been in your situation.  Just continue to go to the meetings and stay clean!  I'll be thinking of you.
Unfortunately, there is NOTHING we can do to keep someone SOBER! It's hard to believe, but it is true! The good thing you CAN do is......Take care of yourself and work your program! If you continue to take care of yourself, you will be setting a good example and you will be keeping that drug from Taking ANOTHER life! I wish you good luck!!!!

February 21, 2007, 4:44 pm CST

Sarah, you brought a smile to my face.

I was fortunate enough to catch the show today, and I was so happy for Sarah, She really is going to be ok! I wish the same for her sister, knowing first hand what it's like to hit rock bottom and then  decide that my life and the life I was carrying was worth more to me then anything or anybody...well, let's just say I saw that in Sarah's face and her eyes and the nervousness being around her sister and the camera women (sorry not sure of her name.) She looks like she made the decision to start her life over and from the looks of it she also knows the importance of staying away from the people you used with. I hope that Tecoa can also make the choice to walk away from it all and start fresh as well. My son watched the 1st show when it aired and he caught the end of today's and he was shocked and couldn't believe how much the girls had cleaned up! Unfortunately we both thought the follow up was going to be that they had died and it was just so great to see that they are alive and the wonderful changes that have taken place in their lives and I wish the best to them all and Sarah... if you should read this, I want you know that you are beautiful and keep smiling! You brought a smile to my face!

Cat402

February 21, 2007, 4:55 pm CST

Widowed by drugs....

Ten years ago I was widowed because of drugs. I loved my husband more than life and thought losing him would kill me. It almost did. I could hardly breathe watching the program. I hope these girls know what a chance they've been given. My husband desperately wanted help and could make it months at the time, but when we tried to get him into rehab, we hit dead ends. We were told it was $25,000.00  a week! I couldn't believe that! I said, " Do you understand that addicts don't have savings accounts?" The response was, "Well don't you have family you can ask for the money?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? Besides, a week wouldn't begin to touch the help he needed. That would be like spitting on a forest fire. He even considered committing a crime so he could go to jail to get help, or at least detox. I wonder how many people who are in jail are there for that reason. It's a shame that only the wealthy can afford help. I hope things have changed. At any rate, it's too late for my dear husband..... and my heartache will never end.  I remarried last year, but truthfully feel like a hollow shell inside most of the time. This loss forever changed me. I used to live and have joy, now I function.

February 21, 2007, 5:05 pm CST

Joni

Quote From: sillysamiam_1

I take medication for chronic pain and never has it crossed my mind that I need heroin to complete my pain management. I am very annoyed that she is saying she has chronic pain and that caused her to do heroin. I think she is full of it and just wanted to get attention so she picked the twins to get it for her. I think it is great that they got help but I think when Dr. Phil stops paying for rehab they will be back at it.  Hope I am wrong. Joni on the other hand....
Ditto!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last