Message Boards

Topic : 02/21 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins Follow-up

Number of Replies: 125
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, February 15, 2007, 04:41:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Sarah and Tecoa check in with Dr. Phil after three months of drug rehabilitation. Sent to two separate rehab centers, the twin sisters had to learn to stand on their own two feet before they could move forward in sobriety. The sisters haven’t seen each other in months. How is Tecoa doing after giving birth and placing the baby for adoption? Which twin relapsed and used IV drugs after months of hard work? Then, after rescuing Sarah and Tecoa, Joani finds herself back to the life of addiction -- abusing pain killers, lying to doctors and even meeting one of the twins’ old drug dealers to purchase heroin! How did this happen? Plus, a viewer inspired by Sarah and Tecoa’s story reaches out for help. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More February 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 21, 2007, 7:54 pm CST

Heroin Twins

CONGRATULATIONS TO Sarah and Tecoa;

All the best to you both.  I watched the show today, and I know that Tecoa has relapsed but hopefully with Sarah (if she stays on the right track, and I think she will) by her side Tecoa may follow suit, I pray it goes that way and not the other.

Again Congratulations and all the best to you both in the future.

February 21, 2007, 8:29 pm CST

my prayers are with you

Quote From: baileytrail

After reading all of the letters that have been posted regarding these girls, I saw how much their story has effected people.  I had twin sons and lost one to heroin five years ago at the age of 17.  He asked for help and it was hard to find a facility that would even take him.  Many places asked what court was sending him.  Sad to think they have to be in trouble with the law in order to be looking for help.  He was in residential treatment for just short of two months.  One week after he came home, he relapsed.  My husband found him in his room.  He had been an athlete and was good in school...great neighborhood.  He had friends that pressured him for close to two years to even try pot.  Pier pressure finally won.  First pot, then meth, and finally heroin.  There were hundreds of people at the funeral.  I had no idea my son had effected so many people.  The people that gave him that lethal dose were probably there as well.  My hope is that at least some that attended the service that day may have changed their lives for the better.  I stopped by the grave sight on the fourth anniversary of his death and there were two friends of his past sitting on a bench we had placed by his grave sight.  I was surprised to see them there - that people still remember him and pay their respects.  I only had one of my twins go through this and not survive.  To see both these girls go through this and survive lifts my spirit to no end.  I hope their story may touch someone out there that is struggling.  That they can find the help they need.  It's such a shame that so many need the help but financially can't get it.  It about broke us, but we got through it.  My prayers are for all of you out there struggling!
I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am that your son lost his battle with addiction. It is ONE CRUEL DISEASE!!!!! I have a daughter (30) who has been sober for 2 1/2 years. After three trips to rehab, finally the court ordered one is the one that saved her. I agree with you about our court system. We have some great Judges who really CARE, but there are some who need some help themselves. I pray that our country will figure out SOME WAY to make this situation better. You will be in my prayers. Another mother...

February 21, 2007, 8:40 pm CST

Thank God you girls made it!!!!

I never write to shows or anything normally but I was so taken by these two ladies that I have followed them the whole way! I am so very proud of both of them!!!! It is wonderful to see them sit up straight and talk sensibly. They are absolutely beautiful girls and have so much to offer! You both hang in there and remember take it a day at a time if that is what you need! Just continue to look at the gratefulness you both should have to God and everyone involved with this wonderful transformation! (That is truly what this is)

I will have to say that if I had to guess, I would of thought that Sarah would of relapsed before Tecoa because it seemed to me that Sarah was very apprehensive at the beginning. I thought with Tecoa being pregnant that she would have a more sucessful story! But you are still a success because you are alive!!! And you would not be if you didn't come this far! You can do it! Be strong and look to Sarah for inspiration. Pray to God and he will help you!

Good Luck!!
And I hope we see and hear from you again!!! Please!
God Bless you both!!!

February 21, 2007, 9:32 pm CST

durg,s are very bad

Quote From: nitazee

I can't imagine trying to kick a heroin habit, I can't even stop smoking cigarettes!  Twins....you're in my prayers.  Keep up the fight! 
i am glad the twin,s got help .i have twin,s gril,s . keep ,s up the figth and my prayer,s are with you.

February 21, 2007, 9:40 pm CST

Recovering Twins

I just wanted to say how proud I am of Sarah. I just watched the follow up show and was so excited and proud. I know how hard it is to get off drugs. I am also a recovering addict with 6 proud years clean. When I watched the first show I was so horrified watching Sarah. And tonight I was so happy for her. Sarah you are very beautiful. Keep it up. And always be afraid of your addiction, dont ever think your cured or think "I can just do it once". When your addiction starts talking to you and it will WATCH THE VIDEO and look at yourself then and now. Don't ever forget where you came from.

And Tacoma keep tring. Don't give up. When your addiction starts talking to you pick up the phone not the drug.

February 21, 2007, 9:47 pm CST

02/21 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins Follow-up

Quote From: baileytrail

After reading all of the letters that have been posted regarding these girls, I saw how much their story has effected people.  I had twin sons and lost one to heroin five years ago at the age of 17.  He asked for help and it was hard to find a facility that would even take him.  Many places asked what court was sending him.  Sad to think they have to be in trouble with the law in order to be looking for help.  He was in residential treatment for just short of two months.  One week after he came home, he relapsed.  My husband found him in his room.  He had been an athlete and was good in school...great neighborhood.  He had friends that pressured him for close to two years to even try pot.  Pier pressure finally won.  First pot, then meth, and finally heroin.  There were hundreds of people at the funeral.  I had no idea my son had effected so many people.  The people that gave him that lethal dose were probably there as well.  My hope is that at least some that attended the service that day may have changed their lives for the better.  I stopped by the grave sight on the fourth anniversary of his death and there were two friends of his past sitting on a bench we had placed by his grave sight.  I was surprised to see them there - that people still remember him and pay their respects.  I only had one of my twins go through this and not survive.  To see both these girls go through this and survive lifts my spirit to no end.  I hope their story may touch someone out there that is struggling.  That they can find the help they need.  It's such a shame that so many need the help but financially can't get it.  It about broke us, but we got through it.  My prayers are for all of you out there struggling!
im so sorry for your loss.  i almost lost my 17  yr old to heroin.  he  fortunately (?) was in trouble with the law.  they sent him to  rehab.  he has been clean for 11 months now,  i thank God every day, that he is still with me.   peer pressure is soo hard, i remember.  seems  tougher , these days.  my heart goes out to you,  God  Bless...

February 22, 2007, 1:01 am CST

Glad to see that they are still fighting for sobriety

This is the first time that I have ever posted to one of these shows but after seeing the show today on the follow-up thought that I should say something. I would like to applaud the twins for completing the detox and realizing that it is going to be a daily struggle to keep from giving in to the temptation of returning to drug use and also realizing that they have a support group and people willing to help them through all of this. They are really lucky because like some of the other posts stated everyone do not make it (they either choose not to quit, or get the help needed, or they die from drug use). My kids lost a aunt due to drug overdose (while she did not know how to shoot-up herself she allowed her boyfriend to inject her with drugs and one night on New Year's Eve 23 years ago she died leaving behind 2 kids and nieces and nephews who never got to know her at all.) I am thankful that the twins finally realized that life is worth fighting for and that they were willing to get the help needed and that Joani and Dr. Phil were also willing to fight for their survival. While watching the show today and seeing the girls as they reunited after rehab I couldn't help notice the facial expressions on Tecoa when she saw how excited Sarah was about her job. I'm wondering if there is more to Tecoa's relapse the second time after reuniting on the show. I know that she went back to detox at a different facility but I'm wondering if Tecoa realizes that she is her own unique person and even though she and Sarah are twins that they are also separate individuals. These girls have relied on each other for so long and did lots of things together and when forced to separate again for detox (and not the forced detox when Tecoa was in jail) with both going through detox that Sarah the one that would have been least likely to survive is the one that is thriving and realizing that she enjoy life and have something to look forward to. Tecoa introduced Sarah to drugs and when Sarah was out on the streets alone still using Tecoa was worried about her survival although she loves her sister I think that she was becoming too dependent on her being there and them doing things as a we and not a me (do anybody get what I'm trying to say). I think that she started thinking of them as one and not two separate individuals and although they are twins they are each separate unique individuals and that it is o.k. to not do everything together that you can stand up and do things individually and find something that you can enjoy like Sarah with her job (although I know she is happy for her sister and proud of her for some reason after seeing her facial expressions on how happy Sarah was about her job I didn't quite get the impression that she really was) because Sarah has found something that she enjoys doing and it is not dependent upon them relying on each other. Tecoa said that having to give up her son for adoption was one of the hardest things she ever had to do and that it lowered her  self-esteem and made her feel bad about herself she also has to realize that staying clean is also one of the hardest things that she will ever have to do. I think that once Tecoa finally realizes that she can stand on her on without looking over her shoulder for her other half and that she can do this thinking as one person instead of two that she will be o.k. and she will be able to find something that she will enjoy doing and make her happy like Sarah. Keep up the good work girls and God bless.

February 22, 2007, 4:36 am CST

Joni is brave

I think Joni is very brave to come on there and ask for help after she just helped those girls..I am so proud of them all! I was addicted to pain killers for 13 years and I am still recovering ...I have been completely off for 14 days today ..I am still struggling everyday I was wondering if any of you could tell me what is normal to go through at this point ..I still think almost everyday I just need the pain meds..Noone has told me what I will or could go through..It haunts my mind daily because I think if I just had some pain medication I would feel better..

February 22, 2007, 6:36 am CST

Twins/Dom/lady

Congrats. both of the twins(S&D).  I have been thinking of you and hoping you were doing well.  Please stay clean and sober! You are deserving of it.  To Dom, you should not only "feel" like a hypocrite-you are one.  You have NO business trying to help others when you can't help or control yourself.  Dr. Phil, Mary Poppins would make an awesome decoy.haha.  To the lady that helped S & D (twins), I am sooo happy that they met you and you helped them get out of that life style they were living, but be for real!- You act like you have no control whatsoever over taking those drugs and going to get more.  If you are that weak-and lacking in "want" to stay clean-you might as well chain yourself in your home.  There will always be temptations to avoid.  It seems to me that you went looking and knowing full well what you were going to do.  Maybe you like the "bad" attention it gets you.  I do like you for helping the girls though-Now help yourself. 

February 22, 2007, 7:57 am CST

I add my congratualtions also

Quote From: twinsmom06

CONGRATULATIONS TO Sarah and Tecoa;

All the best to you both.  I watched the show today, and I know that Tecoa has relapsed but hopefully with Sarah (if she stays on the right track, and I think she will) by her side Tecoa may follow suit, I pray it goes that way and not the other.

Again Congratulations and all the best to you both in the future.

Dear Sarah and Tecoa,

You two are giving it your best shot to stay clean and sober and I wish you all the best.  Always remember that you are powerless concerning the drugs, but replacing the addiction with something positive and learning to love yourself and know and feeling that you are worthy will help you through the long days.  My prayers are with you both, stay strong and keep loving yourselves.  Look to the future it's all there for you.

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last