Message Boards

Topic : 02/21 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins Follow-up

Number of Replies: 125
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, February 15, 2007, 04:41:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Sarah and Tecoa check in with Dr. Phil after three months of drug rehabilitation. Sent to two separate rehab centers, the twin sisters had to learn to stand on their own two feet before they could move forward in sobriety. The sisters haven’t seen each other in months. How is Tecoa doing after giving birth and placing the baby for adoption? Which twin relapsed and used IV drugs after months of hard work? Then, after rescuing Sarah and Tecoa, Joani finds herself back to the life of addiction -- abusing pain killers, lying to doctors and even meeting one of the twins’ old drug dealers to purchase heroin! How did this happen? Plus, a viewer inspired by Sarah and Tecoa’s story reaches out for help. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More February 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 21, 2007, 2:53 pm CST

There is Hope

Quote From: kazinia

Joni is a master manipulator. I knew she was full of it when she was on the show rescuing people ... maybe so she could be back on the show?  I thought Dr. Phil was smarter than this. She is a health care professional ... who is she kidding? Ultram? A prescription pill addiction that moved up a few notches to snorting heroin? Give me a break. She is in denial and Dr. Phil is, too.  jcb
Dr. Phil; I'm watching your show today and my heart goes out to the twins. I personally know what it's like to be addicted to crack cocaine. I have been clean for 15 years, so there is hope.

February 21, 2007, 2:57 pm CST

walk a mile

Quote From: son_of_ares

Wow the twins look alot better.  They actually are very cute girls......  The thing with Joni going and buying heroin through me off.  I didn't understand that.  So she's having some pain and taking pain medication then that makes her want to go to the neighborhood where she helped the twins escape and buy some heroin?  That's crazy.  So she did two bags of dope......that doesn't make her an addict and you're not going to be addicted to heroin in 48 hours. 
Please stop an thing about you say or dont say about these to little twins,they are sensative an in need of true understanding,I know because I am there now,I have issues no one coulding understand unless they Walk a mile in  my shoes,so just stop thinking you know what its like.

February 21, 2007, 3:00 pm CST

Dear Joani

I certainly understand where Joani is. I am a recovering alcoholic,God willing i will have 22 years next month.

I too live with chronic pain from osteo arthritis, depression and fibromyalgia and do not take pain killers because of the danger of addiction to most of them as well as interaction with necessary meds. I have had to find alternative methods to manage my pain and I'm so very glad that Dr. Lawless has suggested the center to Joani for pain management. I certainly empathize with Joani in her desperation to escape from the pain, it can be absolutely terrible. If you don't live with it, you really don't know about the delerium it can bring on without a single mood altering substance in the body.

So to dear Joani, your slip is in the past. I know how you got there, I admire your courage, your forthrightness and your strength. Yes, strength. You're still here, and even though I know the feeling of not wanting to be strong all the time, (you didn't think I heard that did you?) honey, you don't have to be. Sometimes being completely weak is the safest place you can be. The only strength you need to have is to reach out and ask for help. You will be loved no matter what, I promise.

So, this is mostly to Joani, I even registered just now to get this to you hon. I'm in your corner too, along with the twins. You hang in there, I'm on your team. Hoping you have a chance to read this...

Love and hugs, Nanc

February 21, 2007, 3:03 pm CST

strange things about addiction

Quote From: son_of_ares

Wow the twins look alot better.  They actually are very cute girls......  The thing with Joni going and buying heroin through me off.  I didn't understand that.  So she's having some pain and taking pain medication then that makes her want to go to the neighborhood where she helped the twins escape and buy some heroin?  That's crazy.  So she did two bags of dope......that doesn't make her an addict and you're not going to be addicted to heroin in 48 hours. 
Once your body is ADDICTED to a drug....You can NEVER again have anything that "alters" your brain chemistry........ joni was ADDICTED the minute the habit was back. You can't try to make sense of this disease. it is the Disease of Insanity! I KNOW, because I have a daughter in recovery (2 years!) and a mother addicted to alcohol, but has been "dry" for 19 years.

February 21, 2007, 3:11 pm CST

Pain Control

Dr Phil:

I am a retired RN with a history of numerous back surgeries.  I have found a great relief in a spinal neuro stimulator - Advanced Bionics and/or Medtronics.  It has at least given me back some kind of life.  I was to the point of being unable to walk across the room.  It has removed most of my leg pain and some of my back pain.  I am not able to walk, ride, and drive again.

Colleen Lamb RN

February 21, 2007, 3:18 pm CST

I am so happy for them.

Quote From: paca57

Happened to catch both shows with the twins. As a person addicted in the past to alcohol and pot for many years, I just wanted to send a word of support. When they finally gain back their control and clean their life and mind, they will rise up higher than they have ever been. It is not the mistakes we make in life, but how we correct for them. Living long is a combination of luck, good role models, and self-will. Congratulations to all three women on the show today. KEEP GOING! You can do it and I send you all the energy I can, to help.  
I am so glad they are doing so good. Just keep up the work. I wish my sister would get off the drugs. I keep try to help her. maybe one day she will.

February 21, 2007, 3:21 pm CST

wow

wowoweeeee those twins look fabulous and it is a one day at a time thing.  The man on the show i did not catch his name but the one that goes to church and then does the crack.  I too did crack and was addicted to it a year and a half ive been off the crack.  Its been really hard to do too but i think the difference here is that i laid in my bed the last night i ever touched crack and my whole left side of my body went completley numb.  I am a  born again christian and i went down that wrong rode cause the devil will really go after the ones who belong to Christ.  I prayed in that bed for 6 hours with the numbing going on and I prayed I said God please help me i promise you if you bring me through this and i dont die of an overdose or God forbid a stroke and i wouldnt  be able to walk or whatever damage comes with a stroke.  I just laid there and told God if he got be througjh without a stroke or death that i would never ever touch that mess again and i promised God i think that was what  made the difference cause you cant go back on a promise youve made to the Good Lord. Im really happy that i felt that way that night cause by the Grace of God im clean its not like promising ya mom or ya hubby or someone like that is a promise to God and I have not done any of it not that i havent  had any cravings because i certainly have lots and lots.  My prayers go out to the gentleman on your show . Just remember man Satan goes after Gods children with a vengance.  I wish you all the best and remember God loves you no matter what.  

February 21, 2007, 3:23 pm CST

You sound like you've been hurt by a manipulator

Quote From: kazinia

Joni is a master manipulator. I knew she was full of it when she was on the show rescuing people ... maybe so she could be back on the show?  I thought Dr. Phil was smarter than this. She is a health care professional ... who is she kidding? Ultram? A prescription pill addiction that moved up a few notches to snorting heroin? Give me a break. She is in denial and Dr. Phil is, too.  jcb
I don't think Joni is any more of a manipulator than any other addict. There are MANY health care workers who are addicted to pain meds. And.....Addiction is a disease of Relapse. Joni relapsed! Denial is also part of this mental illness. I don't think she BELIEVES that she is really powerless. I don't think she did this on purpose. It's embarrassing to relapse. I have a daughter who is in recovery and a mother who has been dry for 19 years. I feel your pain. It's hard to ever trust again! But........Don't let someone else's illness take YOU down. Just because they try to manipulate, doesn't mean you have to be manipulated. Good wishes to you.

February 21, 2007, 3:29 pm CST

Hang in there

After viewing the follow-up show regarding the Heroin Twins, I am glad to see the one is successfully coping and the other has not given up the fight.  As a single parent of a Recovered Heroin Addict, there is nothing more perplexing to discover your child has a death wish.  There is nothing anyone can do for an addict if they are not ready for sobriety.  Ir's a continuous process in which you have to recognize your triggers and learn to successfully manuver maze.  I wish them both the best and hope that they have a sober and successful life.

February 21, 2007, 3:30 pm CST

kind thoughts

My heart goes out to the dude and the twins today.

You could really feel the guys pain. He wants it bad. Pure addiction. Bless my brother.

The twins, you young ladies were looking good. I am proud of you both. Move on from the relapse and want it bad. Make it happen one second, one day, one moment at a time.

Congrats and good looking out on the animal grooming job. Much love to you lovely ladies.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last