Message Boards

Topic : 07/27 Adoptions Scams, Part 2

Number of Replies: 473
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, February 15, 2007, 04:45:52 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/23) The story of Marie, Crissy and Jen continues. These three potential adoptive mothers were scammed by Melissa, a woman who claimed to be pregnant with a child meant for them. When the baby turned out to be a fraud, they say they and several others were left with nothing but a handful of lies and a nursery full of heartache. Melissa agreed to meet Crissy face to face, but can Dr. Phil convince her to give the same satisfaction to her other two accusers? Follow what happens when Melissa succumbs to an emotional meltdown. Plus, having been badly burned in their efforts to adopt, what’s next for Marie, Crissy and Jen? Can they ever build enough trust to enter the adoption arena again? Hear what Dr. Phil thinks they should do. Plus, find out what happened to another couple desperate to adopt after the Dr. Phil show gave their efforts a little boost. Join the discussion!

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 19, 2007, 5:03 pm CST

02/23 Adoptions Scams, Part 2

Quote From: carols47

That girl, Mellissa should be prosecuted. That is a terrible thing to do to someone that can't have kids of their own. What goes around, comes around, and I can't wait until she gets hers.

carols47

I totally agree with you. She belongs in jail pure and simple. It's clear that she has no regard for anything but herself and people like that are dangerous to society.

February 20, 2007, 10:15 am CST

Loving hero

I think she (melissa) should get what she deserves, for what she did to those families, and I think that Dr.phil should help find good connections for the families to adopta child, there's lots of children that need loving homes and also become a foster parent for children that are pulled out of an abusive homes, I know my mom's best friend  Darlene Asreneau does it, she cares for 6 children plus three of her own, ans she makes a big difference in there life by resueing them! & gaining there trust is the big issue.  Just let them know they weren't forgotten!  They will see you as a LOVING HERO! They gain a family because i also love them too and so does my daughter Vanessa she's 9, they all play together and creat memories!! :)

February 20, 2007, 2:17 pm CST

a mean scam but nothing more

This was a pretty bad scam to pull. She got people's hopes up, and more importantly took their money. But it's not all that terrible. She didn't promise these women anything they can't find again. It's not a kid, it's a baby. Babies don't have personalities, so one baby is as good as the next. She doesn't deserve to burn for it, just give 'em back their money. After that, who cares?

February 20, 2007, 2:19 pm CST

not quite

Quote From: brookebrooke

I totally agree with you. She belongs in jail pure and simple. It's clear that she has no regard for anything but herself and people like that are dangerous to society.
I think she ahould go to jail for scamming and stealing money, but she isn't dangerous, and didn't take anything away from these women. Babies have no personalities, so one is as good as the next. She got their hopes up sure, but she isn't evil.

February 20, 2007, 3:16 pm CST

To Tick

Quote From: reticulate

I think she ahould go to jail for scamming and stealing money, but she isn't dangerous, and didn't take anything away from these women. Babies have no personalities, so one is as good as the next. She got their hopes up sure, but she isn't evil.
What's up baby?

February 20, 2007, 4:19 pm CST

I would agree with you, in the context that calling something 'evil' is rather pointless.
Look what it got the president....  But, I digress.

No.  Melissa is insidious and destructive, an undermining Cheshire Cat.  She laughs at your pain and treats you like a fool, while all the while you would move mountains for her!

She made Marie paint the baby's room a certain color.  A baby that never existed!
What kind of controlling, attention STEALING person would do that?

Melissa is the last person I'd ever want to meet, she is totally scary and would lie to YOU at the drop of a hat. 

I know, she lied to me for 7 months

Mike

February 20, 2007, 4:52 pm CST

hmmm?

Quote From: lovernios

I would agree with you, in the context that calling something 'evil' is rather pointless.
Look what it got the president....  But, I digress.

No.  Melissa is insidious and destructive, an undermining Cheshire Cat.  She laughs at your pain and treats you like a fool, while all the while you would move mountains for her!

She made Marie paint the baby's room a certain color.  A baby that never existed!
What kind of controlling, attention STEALING person would do that?

Melissa is the last person I'd ever want to meet, she is totally scary and would lie to YOU at the drop of a hat. 

I know, she lied to me for 7 months

Mike
maybe you're just gullible?

February 20, 2007, 8:00 pm CST

maybe you're just gullible?
i wish it was that simple, but she fooled many more than me
i could be gullible,  but in the grande scheme, it's quite difficult to think a normal sounding someone is lying about things like this.
anyways, maybe you're just jerking my chain and are out of cheetos

February 20, 2007, 8:35 pm CST

Psh

Quote From: lovernios

i wish it was that simple, but she fooled many more than me
i could be gullible,  but in the grande scheme, it's quite difficult to think a normal sounding someone is lying about things like this.
anyways, maybe you're just jerking my chain and are out of cheetos
Me? Out of cheetos? Never. I've got those things running on a conveyor belt, baby.

February 20, 2007, 10:18 pm CST

Please have a little heart!!!

This was a pretty bad scam to pull. She got people's hopes up, and more importantly took their money. But it's not all that terrible. She didn't promise these women anything they can't find again. It's not a kid, it's a baby. Babies don't have personalities, so one baby is as good as the next. She doesn't deserve to burn for it, just give 'em back their money. After that, who cares?

I'm sorry that you feel that way.  It's kinda sad that you don't have compassion for people.  You don't know what it's like until you have something happen to you.  Probably you wont have an adoption scam but there is so much more out there that takes away your trust, hopes and dreams.  If you think that if someone robes, rapes, murders and abuses they are arrested and put in jail.  All these things will take away your trust, hopes and dreams so why not adoption scammers.  As as your remark on it's not a kid, it's a baby.  Babies don't have personalities, so one baby is as good as the next.  Let me tell you...Children are a heritage from the Lord and they His gift to us!  You don't give birth to a kid you give birth to a baby and they do have personalities.  Not one baby is the same to another so even though they can't talk they do have different personalities.  Like I said before when you can't replace a child so one is not good as the next.  Melissa should get the full extent of the law she just didn't take their money she took a whole lot more.  You say after that, who cares?  I CARE!!!!  I CARE FOR ALL THE COUPLES SHE SCAMMED AND THEIR EMOTIONAL FEELINGS AS WELL.  One thing for sure the adoption journey is not an easy one.  You are trusting someone with your whole heart!!  I should know as my husband and I are amoung the couples who are adopting out in this world as we can't have any children ourselves.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last