Message Boards

Topic : 07/27 Adoptions Scams, Part 2

Number of Replies: 473
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, February 15, 2007, 04:45:52 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/23) The story of Marie, Crissy and Jen continues. These three potential adoptive mothers were scammed by Melissa, a woman who claimed to be pregnant with a child meant for them. When the baby turned out to be a fraud, they say they and several others were left with nothing but a handful of lies and a nursery full of heartache. Melissa agreed to meet Crissy face to face, but can Dr. Phil convince her to give the same satisfaction to her other two accusers? Follow what happens when Melissa succumbs to an emotional meltdown. Plus, having been badly burned in their efforts to adopt, what’s next for Marie, Crissy and Jen? Can they ever build enough trust to enter the adoption arena again? Hear what Dr. Phil thinks they should do. Plus, find out what happened to another couple desperate to adopt after the Dr. Phil show gave their efforts a little boost. Join the discussion!

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 28, 2008, 10:48 pm CDT

NEWS on ADOPTION SCAMMER!

Quote From: daisyblue22

Believe it, the wheels of justice ARE turning.

Dr. Phil did not BUY OFF anyone. If anything, he gave those ladies an opportunity of a lifetime. Do you know how many LAW enforcement offices have TELEVISIONS in their midst, and watch these types of shows routinely? LOTS. Let me tell you, lots. 

What a BONUS for these classy ladies that Melissa showed up, just to get more attention, and ooooops, she just so HAPPENS to admit on national television, to this far-reaching, emotional, horrible wretched scam of hers. Did those ladies expect Melissa or know she would show up there? Probably not. Are they glad? You bet your booty they are.

Oh and let's not forget the fact that it is VERY likely, other victims have come forward since the airing, and the re-airing of these two shows.  How about we air this one at least once a month? Ya just never know....

Back to my point. Justice is rolling along. Believe it. Just BELIEVE.

Hallie

FEDERAL GRAND JURY

RETURNS  INDICTMENTS

Madison, Wisconsin -- A federal grand jury in the Western District of Wisconsin, sitting in Madison, returned the following indictments yesterday and today.  You are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.

PIERCE COUNTY WOMAN CHARGED WITH FRAUD SCHEME

Melissa Christensen, 31, of Maiden Rock, Wis., is charged in a 16-count indictment with wire fraud. 

The indictment alleges that she represented to various individua ls that she was having a baby and wished to place the baby for adoption, when it was not her intention to provide a baby to any of these individuals.  The indictment alleges that she received money from  victims for phone bills, travel, bail, and other items.  The indictment alleges that she contacted individuals in Texas, Arkansas, Virginia, and Ohio.

If convicted, Christensen faces a maximum penalty of 20 years in federal prison on each count. 

The charges against her are the result of an investigation by the Pierce County Sheriff's Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.  The prosecution of this case has been assigned to Assistant U.S. Attorney Elizabeth Altman. 

December 28, 2008, 4:04 pm CST

I don't recall saying anything of that nature

Quote From: penny_lady

I think you are being overly sensitive here. Judging who someone has sex with by their looks is just plain ignorant.
Overly insensitive?  It's called having an opinion of your own!  Did you go back and read the original post?  If you had, you realize "I" never said anything about who she or anyone else has sex with by their looks.  I said, I wonder if that boy was really her son because she seemed to lie about everything else.  That's what happenes to liers, no one believes them even when they are telling the truth.

March 18, 2009, 6:29 pm CDT

How are they?

I realise this is an old thread but watched this story for the second time (repeat episodes) and was wondering if anyone knows how the ladies are doing?

This is one of the saddest stories I have ever seen on Dr Phil. I hope these Ladies have the babies they've been wanting

How long did Melissa get put away for?

First | Prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | Next Page | Last Page