Message Boards

Topic : 08/06 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 5

Number of Replies: 185
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 23, 2007, 02:08:43 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 06/26/07) Three couples trying to save their marriages continue their work at The Dr. Phil House. Throughout their relationship, Scott and Tara have had violent fights that have included slashed tires and police visits. Dr. Phil sits down with Scott to discuss how he can control his anger problem and set up personal boundaries that will put an end to the fighting with his wife. Afterward, Scott feels confident enough to vow to Tara that he is never going to yell at her again. Will he stick by his declaration? Then, Dr. Phil puts the group through some intense exercises, so they can learn their partner’s point of view. As each person stands before the group and explains what he or she really wants, raw emotions pour out, and the couples find themselves growing closer with compassionate support. Plus, Dr. Phil teaches them his rules for fighting (link to /articles/article/20 ) and his rules for children. After seeing a videotape of all their kids, the message is loud and clear. Will the couples apply what they’ve learned and change their families forever? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 26, 2007, 6:06 pm CST

Man Camp

Hi, I have been reading all the messages on here and I have a few things to say.  First off, I can fully relate to the couples on the show.  I have been right where they are.  I have been married 4 times (twice to the same man) and divorced 3 times.  I am currently married to a man that I met on the internet and not sure if it is going to work.  My first 3 husbands abused me, because I let them.  I have very low self esteem and didn't know how to stand up for myself.  I have been hit, cussed at, yelled at, made to feel that I was worthless, etc.  I have never had an affair but two of my exes did.   I can see why they fight all the time.  In my opinion, they are all very insecure.  Only a person that is insecure about themselves would treat another person the way they treat each other.  The stripper needs to quit her job !!!!  Duh!!!!!  The one couple who yells at each other all the  time, I think that she is way too critical.  And the other couple who had the mother in law come in, well I think that they are the only ones who might make it.  This is just my opinion.  I would love to be on the Dr. Phil show and see what he thinks about my life.  LOL  I already know what he would tell me.  He would say "What the hell were you thinkin?"

February 26, 2007, 6:26 pm CST

Observation

Has anyone seen an actual tear run down Cherie's cheek?  Odd, I haven't.  I can't tell if she's genine or it's all drama, because she never seems like the crying is for real.

Amanda, on the other hand, is breaking my heart.

February 26, 2007, 6:37 pm CST

02/26 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 5

Quote From: philfan66

Yeah, didn't you love watching them try to turn Nic against his wife?  Like they don't have enough of their own issues to work on.  Truthfully, all I get from these two is jealousy towards Amanda.  At least that's how I see it.

I'm only 15 minutes into this episode, and I just don't care to watch anymore.  I went from sympathizing with Cheri and Amanda to finding them obnoxious and insufferable. 

Thank you, I was thinking I was the only one who caught that, I wasn't going to watch, but there was nothing else on.

Honestly, why did they feel the need to slam Amanda to her husband, I didn't see Amanda running to theirs to slam them, those two had it out for her from the beginning guess it makes them feel better to isolate someone else.

February 26, 2007, 7:17 pm CST

Quote From: ceildh1

Thank you, I was thinking I was the only one who caught that, I wasn't going to watch, but there was nothing else on.

Honestly, why did they feel the need to slam Amanda to her husband, I didn't see Amanda running to theirs to slam them, those two had it out for her from the beginning guess it makes them feel better to isolate someone else.

That's the right way to put it:  isolation.  It was like being back in high school, they formed a clique!

Did you see there's a final episode next week, and these guys are already falling apart?  Oy.  I hate to see that, inasmuch as I found Tara and Cherie irritating, I was hoping the couples would work things out.  But then again, as I heard Dr. Phil say, some people cannot work together, they just bring out the worst in each other.

And what does Nic do for a living, that he can't put food on the table?  Just wondering if anyone caught that, since they spent so much time dissing Amanda for what she does.  She's obviously supporting that family.  Which is fine, but if she left the job, what's Nic doing for work?

February 26, 2007, 7:51 pm CST

Cherie and John

I wanted to say that Cherie nauseated me.  She has practiced being a victim for so long she has become a professional.  I was thoroughly disguisted with her behavior and if her marriage does not work, it will be for that reason.  Like Dr. Phil said, she is critical and judgemental. 

February 26, 2007, 8:36 pm CST

Quote From: ceildh1

by taking all the focus off of there problems and keeping every one focused on Amanda was a very good way to not have to deal with there problems, really it was very good and sneaky on their part to do that, as we all know every one hates a married woman having a job such as Amanda has or had!!, could be they were just jealous, but it was a shame to waste such time slamming Amanda such as they did, and not spend that time focusing on what they were there for, is it just me or what?i think they were way too worried about Amanda and her job! just what were the other two couples there for in the first place, i seem to not remember with all the focus on Amanda and her job/side line love afair! what we saw here was called teaming, everyone teamed up aganst Amanda!

February 26, 2007, 8:47 pm CST

Children Learn Confusion, Self-Doubt & ?

What were the three things Dr. Phil said the children learn?  Something like...when they're raised in chaos, they learn confusion...etc.  THANKS!!

February 26, 2007, 9:05 pm CST

Bitchy Blondes United

Quote From: greper

by taking all the focus off of there problems and keeping every one focused on Amanda was a very good way to not have to deal with there problems, really it was very good and sneaky on their part to do that, as we all know every one hates a married woman having a job such as Amanda has or had!!, could be they were just jealous, but it was a shame to waste such time slamming Amanda such as they did, and not spend that time focusing on what they were there for, is it just me or what?i think they were way too worried about Amanda and her job! just what were the other two couples there for in the first place, i seem to not remember with all the focus on Amanda and her job/side line love afair! what we saw here was called teaming, everyone teamed up aganst Amanda!
 I'm so glad you others saw thru what Cherie & Tara were up to and who they really were. Let's face it, whenever there's someone with a better body around, we women have a tendance to get nasty out of our own low body images. Sure stripping isn't as respectable as "riding a bike", but excuuuuuuuuse me, when did riding a bike ever put food on the table, or pay the bills. Alot of women have had to resort to it to make enough money to have a real life. So who has the right to judge? Not a couple of admittedly wounded and emotionally bereft women who couldn't get themselves to listen to their husbands without making assumptions, nagging, etc. etc.
All of these couples have major issues and should be focusing on themselves & their spouses. i cannot wait to see the follow-up!!!

February 26, 2007, 9:39 pm CST

Cherie and Tara

Quote From: pjcraighead

I wanted to say that Cherie nauseated me.  She has practiced being a victim for so long she has become a professional.  I was thoroughly disguisted with her behavior and if her marriage does not work, it will be for that reason.  Like Dr. Phil said, she is critical and judgemental. 
You are so right,  The date night that she and her husband had looked pretty nice.  Then the next morning her true actions came out.  All over a shirt he was looking for.  Let's face it, I can find a shirt for my husband faster than he can!  No one wants to be griped at like that all the time.  If Cherie or Tara's marriage works I'll be surprised.  Speaking of Cherie,  the show her mother came I thought her husband was being honest.  I'm not sure what she expected but he didn't act like the crying type.  Neither Cherie or Tara act like they could be happy unless they were getting all the attention.  They both need to grow up and fast.  Amanda at least acted honest.  So she's a stripper.  Does anyone know what her husband does for a living?  I never heard, only the opinions made about Amanda's job.  All I know is Cherie and Tara should have been working on their own relationship's and left Amanda alone.  I needed to get that off my chest, Thanks

February 26, 2007, 10:00 pm CST

Quote From: rosie2006

I'm so glad you others saw thru what Cherie & Tara were up to and who they really were. Let's face it, whenever there's someone with a better body around, we women have a tendance to get nasty out of our own low body images. Sure stripping isn't as respectable as "riding a bike", but excuuuuuuuuse me, when did riding a bike ever put food on the table, or pay the bills. Alot of women have had to resort to it to make enough money to have a real life. So who has the right to judge? Not a couple of admittedly wounded and emotionally bereft women who couldn't get themselves to listen to their husbands without making assumptions, nagging, etc. etc.
All of these couples have major issues and should be focusing on themselves & their spouses. i cannot wait to see the follow-up!!!

yeah i cant put Amanda down for doing the only thing she knew to bring in the money she needed for her family,thats a good woman to put her self through that for the man she loves and her children, I'm more upset with the cost of living, thats what to blame for her doing what she is doing,most people would let there children go hungry before doing what Amanda had to do, i really think she should be commended for going above and beyond the call of duty, had her husband not fussed with her all the time she wouldn't have been involved with another man, hell what woman wants to  make love to any man that just called her a room full of bad names? not me thats for sure, i would be looking too if i were in her shoes, i too cant wait to see how this all turns out in time  lol, i would be willing to bet Amanda and her hubby do very good in the future, the others i don't think will last, they cant as Dr Phil puts it get real and own it,!!!

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last