Message Boards

Topic : 0h Middle Age Plus and We Got Real

Number of Replies: 1870
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:53:21 pm
Author : dataimport
This discussion board is for those that are following the program and are recovering.Attitudes of 100% Commitment, Accountability are always Welcomed.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 10, 2005, 3:08 pm CDT

THANKS KIT

Quote From: yourpalkit

I agree!  It has been sad to see the boards split and to loose members from the message boards that gave so much to them.  I just don't think they will ever know how much they are really missed.  Everyone has so much to offer!  It might not be every day or every week but it is nice to hear about their sucesses in Life and Weight Loss! 

KIT 

THAT'S REALLY WELL SAID! IT'S LIKE THEY DON'T THINK WE ARE REAL PEOPLE! 

BECKY 

August 12, 2005, 1:23 pm CDT

TGIF

NORMALLY I WOULD BE REALLY GLAD ABOUT TGIF BUT THIS WEEK IT ONLY BRINGS YARD SALE SATURDAY!!! OH NO!! WHAT HAVE I GOT MYSELF IN FOR!!!??? 

I HAVE WORKED ALL DAY FOLDING AND SORTING AND DRAGGIN THIS AND THAT OUT OF THE GARAGE AND THE BASEMENT. HOSEING OFF BIKES AND CHRISTMAS YARD ART TO TRY TO GET RID OF TOMORROW MORNING. THATS JUST THE BEGINNING. THEN I HAVE TO GET UP AT DAWN TO PUT IT OUT ON THE CARPORT!!!! CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!!!! 

I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY TODAY I DON'T REMEMBER IF I'VE EATEN SINCE BREAKFAST...OH NOW I REMEMBER THERE IS FISH IN THE MICROWAVE I FIXED AT NOON!!! 

I HAVE DRUNK A GALLON OF WATER TODAY THOUGH!!! IT S SO HOT HERE! I AM SURE GLAD MY CARPORT IS IN THE SHADE! TOMORROW MORNING SHOULD BE NICE OUT THERE! 

WELL, I HOPE SOMEBODY COMES ALONG AND READS THIS AND LEAVES SOME RAMBLINGS OF THEIR OWN FOR ME TO READ WHEN I COME BACK HERE!!! I LOOKED FOR SOME YESTERDAY AND AS YOU CAN SEE I HAVE 2 MESSAGES IN A ROW HERE 2 DAYS APART... COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!!!    I MISS YOU!!!! 

((((HUGS)))) 

BECKY 

FROGHOP 

August 12, 2005, 2:30 pm CDT

Becky

Quote From: nannybeck

NORMALLY I WOULD BE REALLY GLAD ABOUT TGIF BUT THIS WEEK IT ONLY BRINGS YARD SALE SATURDAY!!! OH NO!! WHAT HAVE I GOT MYSELF IN FOR!!!??? 

I HAVE WORKED ALL DAY FOLDING AND SORTING AND DRAGGIN THIS AND THAT OUT OF THE GARAGE AND THE BASEMENT. HOSEING OFF BIKES AND CHRISTMAS YARD ART TO TRY TO GET RID OF TOMORROW MORNING. THATS JUST THE BEGINNING. THEN I HAVE TO GET UP AT DAWN TO PUT IT OUT ON THE CARPORT!!!! CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!!!! 

I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY TODAY I DON'T REMEMBER IF I'VE EATEN SINCE BREAKFAST...OH NOW I REMEMBER THERE IS FISH IN THE MICROWAVE I FIXED AT NOON!!! 

I HAVE DRUNK A GALLON OF WATER TODAY THOUGH!!! IT S SO HOT HERE! I AM SURE GLAD MY CARPORT IS IN THE SHADE! TOMORROW MORNING SHOULD BE NICE OUT THERE! 

WELL, I HOPE SOMEBODY COMES ALONG AND READS THIS AND LEAVES SOME RAMBLINGS OF THEIR OWN FOR ME TO READ WHEN I COME BACK HERE!!! I LOOKED FOR SOME YESTERDAY AND AS YOU CAN SEE I HAVE 2 MESSAGES IN A ROW HERE 2 DAYS APART... COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!!!    I MISS YOU!!!! 

((((HUGS)))) 

BECKY 

FROGHOP 

Wow sounds like you've been one very busy lady.  I guess everyone else must also be busy.  I know I've been busy with work and life in general.  Trying to get a handle on why I can't stick to the program and overeat.  It is very frustrating but I will not quit, I know I'll work it out.   

I dont' overeat on junk food or binge like I did pre-Dr.Phil days, but overeat on good healthy food, so that will cause a bit of a gain or stay the same but doesn't allow weight loss.  I did lose 2 lbs on Monday but I'm sure it's back on.  Of course my ankles and fingers being swelled doesn't help either. 

My exercise ball was up on a chair but it either managed to roll off or the kitten made one big leap on it.  Do I need to put up surveillance  cameras in my home? 

Everyone have a wonderful day and great weekend. 

ttfn Love Barbara 

August 12, 2005, 6:36 pm CDT

THANKS BARB

Quote From: brcscc

Wow sounds like you've been one very busy lady.  I guess everyone else must also be busy.  I know I've been busy with work and life in general.  Trying to get a handle on why I can't stick to the program and overeat.  It is very frustrating but I will not quit, I know I'll work it out.   

I dont' overeat on junk food or binge like I did pre-Dr.Phil days, but overeat on good healthy food, so that will cause a bit of a gain or stay the same but doesn't allow weight loss.  I did lose 2 lbs on Monday but I'm sure it's back on.  Of course my ankles and fingers being swelled doesn't help either. 

My exercise ball was up on a chair but it either managed to roll off or the kitten made one big leap on it.  Do I need to put up surveillance  cameras in my home? 

Everyone have a wonderful day and great weekend. 

ttfn Love Barbara 

GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE!  

I AM AT THE POINT IN MY LIFE THAT I JUST WANT TO LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST. I ALSO KNOW I WANT TO FEEL LIKE ENJOYING IT, SO THAT KEEPS ME COMING BACK TO DR PHIL. 

IT TAKES TIME TO CHANGE LIFESTYLES. BUT I CAN TELL THE CHANGE IS HAPPENING. I REALLLY LIKE THE NEW FOOD I HAVE LEARNED TO ENJOY EATING. TOO MUCH SOMETIMES TOO! BUT I ALSO KNOW THAT IT MAKES ME FEEL SO GOOD TO EAT RIGHT AND EXERCISE AND HYDRATE. WHEN I NEGLECT ONE OF THESE THINGS FOR JUST A COUPLE OF DAYS I CAN FEEL IT, AND I KNOW I WILL FEEL BETTER WHEN I GET BACK ON TRACK. 

KIT IS HAVING THAT SWOLLEN ANKLE PROBLEM THIS SUMMER TOO! HOPE YOU BOTH GET OVER IT REAL SOON. SHARI HAS GOTTEN OVER HERS NOW! 

THANKS AGAIN FOR POSTING. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! 

BECKY 

FROGHOP 

August 13, 2005, 5:57 am CDT

Hello everyone!

I went to the Doctor on Thursday and went over everything with the Doctor and just guess I didnot take care of myself and get started on r Phil soon enough.  Doctor put me on blood pressure meds.  I am depressed.  I was doing so good.  I think she said I had gained about 7 or 8 pounds of water with the swelling since last visit.  May all the numbers were great!  Take care everyone!  I am frustrated but will continue to keep my Journal.  Don't ignore the signs and listen to your body!  I am waiting for the results from the blood test to come back for the electralights (sp) and get this perscription filled.   

Frustrated in Hazy, Hot and Humid Pennsylvania 

KIT 

Yesterday I beat the heat by going to see March of the Penquins at the movie theater.  Seeing all that ice and snow and hearing the wind and sitting in the a/c probed to be a very COOL experience! 

August 14, 2005, 3:35 pm CDT

PALKIT

I went to the Doctor on Thursday and went over everything with the Doctor and just guess I didnot take care of myself and get started on r Phil soon enough.  Doctor put me on blood pressure meds.  I am depressed.  I was doing so good.  I think she said I had gained about 7 or 8 pounds of water with the swelling since last visit.  May all the numbers were great!  Take care everyone!  I am frustrated but will continue to keep my Journal.  Don't ignore the signs and listen to your body!  I am waiting for the results from the blood test to come back for the electralights (sp) and get this perscription filled.   

Frustrated in Hazy, Hot and Humid Pennsylvania 

KIT 

Yesterday I beat the heat by going to see March of the Penquins at the movie theater.  Seeing all that ice and snow and hearing the wind and sitting in the a/c probed to be a very COOL experience! 

THAT KIND OF THING HAPPENS TO ME, TOO.  WHEN IT DOES, I TRY TO REMIND MYSELF ON HOW FAR I'VE COME OVER THE YEARS. 

YOU'VE BEEN THERE FOR ME MANY TIMES, SO I'M GLAD TO "REPLY" AND LET YOU KNOW HOW SPECIAL YOU ARE TO ALL OF US HERE. 

:) ANDIEPIE17 

August 15, 2005, 7:31 am CDT

Hello Everyone!

Andiepie>  Thanks!  It is just frustrating.  If I had never let myself get this way that might of prevented it and maybe not!  I am frustrated but keeping up with the program.  I think my Journal floored the Doctor.  She was not expecting me to have all my foods written down for the last 8 months!  I was glad to see that she did not find anything wrong with it.  I just thought I had hit that plateau that I have been expecting for many months and had never thought there was a problem.  I am glad I have kept regular physicals and am taking care of myself.  This is not the end of the world, even if it felt like it a few days ago.   

Becky>  How was the garage sale?   

Where is everyone? 

KIT 

August 15, 2005, 7:35 am CDT

Good intentions?

Morning All......... I had ever intention of writing a couple of posts this weekend but the time just got away from me.  Now I'm on my way out the door to work, so just wanted you all to know that I haven't abandonded the ship........ just been hanging out on the dingy. 

ttfn Debbie 

August 15, 2005, 9:51 am CDT

HEY KIT!

Andiepie>  Thanks!  It is just frustrating.  If I had never let myself get this way that might of prevented it and maybe not!  I am frustrated but keeping up with the program.  I think my Journal floored the Doctor.  She was not expecting me to have all my foods written down for the last 8 months!  I was glad to see that she did not find anything wrong with it.  I just thought I had hit that plateau that I have been expecting for many months and had never thought there was a problem.  I am glad I have kept regular physicals and am taking care of myself.  This is not the end of the world, even if it felt like it a few days ago.   

Becky>  How was the garage sale?   

Where is everyone? 

KIT 

YOU WILL PROBABLY HEAR MY VOICE BEFORE YOU READ THIS MESSAGE! 

YOU KNOW SWEETIE, EVEN SKINNY PEOPLE HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE! IT'S JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS. MY MIL WHO WEIGHS 101 FOREVER GOT DIABETES. SO DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP! YOU JUST KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'VE BEEN DOING AND TAKE THE MEDS THE DR. SAYS AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS! 

GARAGE SALE NETTED 75 BUCKS....AND I CAN'T TELL WHAT IS GONE FROM ALL THAT STUFF THAT IS STILL DOWN THERE.  SO I AM TRYING TO REGROUP AND COME UP WITH PLAN B!!! 

I WENT TO THE BODY SHOP THIS MORNING AND THEY WERE WONDERING WHERE IS EVERYONE TOO! I GOT THERE AT 10:45 AND WAS THE FIRST ONE TO  SIGN IN. 

1 LADY CAME IN WHEN I WAS ALMOST DONE AND THE NOON CROWD DIDN'T SHOW UP I LEFT AT 12.05...I RODE THE BIKE FOR AN HOUR AND DID SOME STRETCHES. AND WHEN I GOT HOME I HAD TO WALK A BIT TO STRETCH OUT THE BACKS OF MY THIGHS...NEXT TIME I WILL GET OFF THE BIKE AND ON THE TREDMIL FOR A FEW  MINUTES... 

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! TALK SOON!!! 

(((HUGS)))) 

BECKY 

FROGHOP 

August 15, 2005, 6:19 pm CDT

Hello ladies

Palkit sorry to hear you aren't feeling too well.  You have been working the program so well, imagine what your health might have been not on the program.  I can imagine your doctor was extremely shocked to see the effort you have made in journalling your meals and progress. 

Becky, way to go on the yard sale and so proud of how you continue to faithfully exercise.  I am so impressed with what you do on the bike.  Is it a standard exercise bike or do you use a recumbant (hope it's the right word) bike.  I was planning to phone you yesterday but dh decided we were going into his sister's camp and that meant we were gone all day. 

Hi Deb, yep know all about good intentions, but really we need to get real with this program.  I know for myself I must get at it. 

Hugs and hellos to all other members on the board. 

I'm quite tired tonight because Ive been in the pool for over an hour doing water aerobics.  I just love to go. 

ttfn Love Barbara 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last