Message Boards

Topic : 0h Middle Age Plus and We Got Real

Number of Replies: 1870
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:53:21 pm
Author : dataimport
This discussion board is for those that are following the program and are recovering.Attitudes of 100% Commitment, Accountability are always Welcomed.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 15, 2005, 8:06 pm CDT

"It's ALIVE!!!"

Can’t believe they kept it/ Can’t believe it’s there!/ Blue Notes has survived the “CUT”/ And been ARCHIVED right here!/ We turned our back for just awhile/ Because we could not get on-line/ And when we came back “home” to check.../ Blue Notes was still just fine!!!/

There have been a lot of changes/ Some of them will take time/ So let’s all make the best of it/ When we meet on-line/ Some of us have lost the weight/ Others have pounds to go/ But every day in every way/ Let’s help each other grow/

We write these little rhymes TO YOU/ To make BOTH of our days brighter!!!/ We hope that this rhyme from Blue/ Has make your burden lighter!

Blue

August 16, 2005, 5:29 am CDT

THANKS BARBARA AND WELCOME BACK BLUE

THANKS BARBARA, I HAVE JUST REALIZED HOW MUCH EASIER THIS PROGRAM IS WHEN THE I E IS DONE. AND THAT THE MORE WEIGHT YOU HAVE TO LOOSE AND THE LONGER IT TAKES TO LOOSE IT THAT IT IS IMPORTANT TO KEEP PUSHING THE EXERCISE AND THE WATER. I USE A RECUMBANT BIKE MOST OF THE TIME BUT HAVE USED THE REG. ONE TOO! 

I AM LOOKING FOR A REAL BIKE FOR MYSELF SO I CAN ENJOY THE FRESHAIR AND SCENERY AS I   RIDE THIS FALL. AND I AM GOING TO GET SOME SERIOUS WALKING IN TOO! I WAS ASKED TO SPEAK AT A WOMENS MEETING LAST NIGHT ABOUT MY CHANGE OF LIFE, AND WAS ASKED WHAT WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR MY NEW ATTITUDE. AND I TOLD THEM IT WAS THE EXERCISE. I DON'T SPEND MUCH TIME ON THE FOOD PART OF THIS PROGRAM, IT IS JUST PART OF ME BY NOW, BUT THE EXERCISE IS WHAT MAKES ME FEEL SO GOOD. ONE OF THE LADIES MADE THE COMMENT THAT I JUST LOOK AND ACT YOUNGER. I TOLD HER I FEEL YOUNGER TOO! ALTHOUGH MY MIRROR SAYS HEY LOOK AT THOSE WRINKLES! 

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR CALL BARBARA. THANKS SO MUCH! 

HEY BLUENOTE!!! IT'S GOOD TO HEAR YOUR SWEET RHYMINGS AGAIN! I AM GLAD YOU ARE STILL HERE AMONG US!!! SORRY BUT I DON'T HAVE A POETIC BONE IN MY BODY! BUT I DO ENJOY READING IT! 

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYBODY AND DON'T FORGET TO MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT AND DRINK UP THAT WATER!!! 

(((HUGS))) 

BECKY 

FROGHOP 

August 16, 2005, 6:55 am CDT

Thank You!

With all that has happened/ With all that has changed/ We are glad to be welcomed here/ Though we are a bit rearranged!

August 16, 2005, 8:02 am CDT

Hello Everyone!

Barb I agaree with your statement about thinking where I might be without the weight loss and the exercise.  I was in such pain and that has been all gone for over two years.  That in its self is amazing and people can not beleive that I made such a rebound.  I have learned how to manage the bone against bone in my pelvis and also chased away the Arthritis in my shoulders and whole body.  Waking up in the mornings is my favorite part of the day and was very painful.  Now I don't have that.  I am back to enjoying my mornings like I did when I was younger!   

My main concern is that I am not good at taking medications long term.  I would never have done well if I had to take the Pill to keep from getting prego.  Journaling has helped and I have added that part to my Journal page for this new pill.  I just was trying to keep from having a pill dictate to my body what is normal.   

I have kept up my exercise program for three years now!  It is also just part of my life as is the food choices.  It does get easier when you work on the other keys.  I just made up my mind that I was the adult here and no excuses.  Some of you might remember how much time I spent in the water classes at first but I have moved up to mostly floor exercises and the Tae Bo is coming along very well.  I am just not using the bag as much as the new video do.  I still like to visualize reaching out to touch something or SOMEONE!  LOL 

We are all slimming down and have learned not to skip meals and drink plenty of water.  Keep moving and like an adult be accountable for our actions.   

KIT 

August 16, 2005, 8:17 am CDT

Happy Tuesday!

Morning all,  Your posts were so helpful in adjusting my attitude today.  I've been having questions in my mind the past month or so like "When will I get to live like a normal person?"  or "Will this program ever feel like normal living?"  Your posts this morning let me know that this lifestyle does become the 'norm'......... which is what I suspected but is good to hear.  I really need to work on my self-talk and right thinking. 

Thanks for talking in my ear..... 

Debbie 

August 16, 2005, 8:28 am CDT

Kit

Quote From: yourpalkit

I went to the Doctor on Thursday and went over everything with the Doctor and just guess I didnot take care of myself and get started on r Phil soon enough.  Doctor put me on blood pressure meds.  I am depressed.  I was doing so good.  I think she said I had gained about 7 or 8 pounds of water with the swelling since last visit.  May all the numbers were great!  Take care everyone!  I am frustrated but will continue to keep my Journal.  Don't ignore the signs and listen to your body!  I am waiting for the results from the blood test to come back for the electralights (sp) and get this perscription filled.   

Frustrated in Hazy, Hot and Humid Pennsylvania 

KIT 

Yesterday I beat the heat by going to see March of the Penquins at the movie theater.  Seeing all that ice and snow and hearing the wind and sitting in the a/c probed to be a very COOL experience! 

Please try not to fret too much over this.  I remember going to the doctor a few years ago cause I had a lot of pain in my pinkie finger.  The diagnosis...... arthritis!  I was devestated, this meant that I really was AGING!!!  I never thought the 'old' thing would get to me.  I came home and called my sister for sympathy and after she was done laughing at me, she reminded me how many years my mom suffered with that ailment, and I realized how very lucky I am to have it only in my 'pinkie' (for now). 

I have had BP issues since my 30's and am on 2 medications for it.  I am hoping as the weight comes off I will be able to eliminate at least one of them. 

You do realize in the list of "bad things" that can happen, this is barely a ripple, right?  I say this not to make your feelings less important but to maybe help you put things in perspective.  And now if the spouse or kids get under your skin, you can always play the "your making my BP go up" card. 

Take care dear friend........ Debbie 

August 16, 2005, 8:46 am CDT

Why have I stayed fat soooo long?

I've been giving some thought to this question, hoping if I could figure it out it would make 'not being fat' reasonable to me.  In my soul searching this is one thing I came up with, if this is you too you're not alone and if it's not....... what was your reason? 

I think I have stayed this way because I don't think I'm good enough.  If I stay overweight then it's o.k. if I don't succeed, or don't get the job, or the man, or become the best 'me' I can be.  I can always blame life's failures on the weight. I know this is horrible thinking cause then I really don't think I'm good enough because along with life's normal ups and downs I add unmotivated, lazy, uncaring etc.  It is a vicious circle I've created for myself. 

Did I explain that right? 

Logically I understand right thinking and the pitfalls of the bad internal dialog that I hear in my head.  I am having a really hard time turning my thinking around.  It's weird because in my spiritual life I accept myself as God's perfect child and for the most part feel spiritually grounded and successful, why I can't transfer that to the rest of my thinking continues to be a mystery to me.  I sometimes feel lost and wish I could carry a therapist in my pocket to nudge me when my thoughts go down the wrong path, but that would be giving my power to someone else (another battle for another time). 

So here I am again, kinda wishing I could find an easy way out that does not include staying overweight.......... and at the same time knowing that nothing worthwhile comes easy. 

Thanks for listening my lovely loosers......... Deb 

August 16, 2005, 8:50 pm CDT

DEAR DEB

Quote From: dj209stkn

I've been giving some thought to this question, hoping if I could figure it out it would make 'not being fat' reasonable to me.  In my soul searching this is one thing I came up with, if this is you too you're not alone and if it's not....... what was your reason? 

I think I have stayed this way because I don't think I'm good enough.  If I stay overweight then it's o.k. if I don't succeed, or don't get the job, or the man, or become the best 'me' I can be.  I can always blame life's failures on the weight. I know this is horrible thinking cause then I really don't think I'm good enough because along with life's normal ups and downs I add unmotivated, lazy, uncaring etc.  It is a vicious circle I've created for myself. 

Did I explain that right? 

Logically I understand right thinking and the pitfalls of the bad internal dialog that I hear in my head.  I am having a really hard time turning my thinking around.  It's weird because in my spiritual life I accept myself as God's perfect child and for the most part feel spiritually grounded and successful, why I can't transfer that to the rest of my thinking continues to be a mystery to me.  I sometimes feel lost and wish I could carry a therapist in my pocket to nudge me when my thoughts go down the wrong path, but that would be giving my power to someone else (another battle for another time). 

So here I am again, kinda wishing I could find an easy way out that does not include staying overweight.......... and at the same time knowing that nothing worthwhile comes easy. 

Thanks for listening my lovely loosers......... Deb 

IN THINKING ABOUT YOUR MESSAGE, THE THING THAT I THINK HAS HELPED ME IS THAT I AM NOT CONCERNED WITH MY SIZE AT ALL. I AM HOWEVER, GREATLY CONCERNED ABOUT THE WAY I FEEL AND MY HEALTH. I KNOW THAT IF I GO MORE THAN 2 DAYS WITHOUT GETTING EXERCISE I FEEL LIKE CRAP. I FEEL IT DOWN IN MY SOUL TOO! GOD MADE US TO BE ACTIVE AND WHEN WE ARE NOT WE JUST DON'T FEEL GOOD. I DON'T KNOW IF YOU KNOW THIS OR NOT BUT I ONLY DID EXERCISE THE FIRST YEAR OF MY CHANGE, AND I LOST 50 LBS. NO CONCIOUS CHANGE OF THE WAY I ATE AT ALL. I DID NOTICE THAT I WASN'T EATING NEAR AS MUCH AFTER A WHILE. AND THEN DR PHIL STARTED THE WLC, AND I READ THE BOOKS AND FOUND THESE MESSAGE BOARDS AND THE REST IS HISTORY AND MY FUTURE TOO! I WANT A NORMAL LIFE TOO! AND I AM FEELING MORE NORMAL EVERY DAY! WE ALL CAN. 

(((HUGS)))) 

BECKY 

FROGHOP 

FULLY RELY ON GOD HE'S OUR POWER 

August 17, 2005, 10:01 pm CDT

Thanks Becky

Quote From: nannybeck

IN THINKING ABOUT YOUR MESSAGE, THE THING THAT I THINK HAS HELPED ME IS THAT I AM NOT CONCERNED WITH MY SIZE AT ALL. I AM HOWEVER, GREATLY CONCERNED ABOUT THE WAY I FEEL AND MY HEALTH. I KNOW THAT IF I GO MORE THAN 2 DAYS WITHOUT GETTING EXERCISE I FEEL LIKE CRAP. I FEEL IT DOWN IN MY SOUL TOO! GOD MADE US TO BE ACTIVE AND WHEN WE ARE NOT WE JUST DON'T FEEL GOOD. I DON'T KNOW IF YOU KNOW THIS OR NOT BUT I ONLY DID EXERCISE THE FIRST YEAR OF MY CHANGE, AND I LOST 50 LBS. NO CONCIOUS CHANGE OF THE WAY I ATE AT ALL. I DID NOTICE THAT I WASN'T EATING NEAR AS MUCH AFTER A WHILE. AND THEN DR PHIL STARTED THE WLC, AND I READ THE BOOKS AND FOUND THESE MESSAGE BOARDS AND THE REST IS HISTORY AND MY FUTURE TOO! I WANT A NORMAL LIFE TOO! AND I AM FEELING MORE NORMAL EVERY DAY! WE ALL CAN. 

(((HUGS)))) 

BECKY 

FROGHOP 

FULLY RELY ON GOD HE'S OUR POWER 

Thanks for the reply.  I didn't know about the exercise thing with you.  About 10 years ago I lost 100 lbs and I became an absolute addict to the gym and exercise....... I did feel much better.  So, it's not like I don't know..... geez, sometimes I just think I'm a mess! lol. 

I really wish more people would start posting...... Not that I don't adore hearing from you, Barb and Kit but it makes me notice even more when you three aren't around.  Good to hear from Blue too! 

Have a happy Thursday. 

Debbie 

And I know without HIM I could do nothing 

August 18, 2005, 3:57 am CDT

Good morning

Kit and Becky have said it right, it is all about exercising and making ourselves feel good and healthy.  But then it also goes back to right thinking, which is why this program works so well.  It's keeping our minds on ourselves and staying in that frame of mind.   

When I stop exercising I start feeling guilty and calling myself all kinds of negative names which becomes unproductive. 

I also agree with what you are saying Deb.  For the longest while I couldn't figure out why I would want to keep an extra 140 lbs on my body, what is the purpose of that?  I finally got it a few weeks ago when I got serious about rereading the book.  And I came up with the same conclusion that you came up with.  It works for me, it's a great excuse, I can't do this because of my weight, I can't do that because of my weight.  Oh there is lots I'd like to do but refuse to even give it a try because my weight would hinder it, or so I believe. 

Myself I need to work on my exercise first and formost and I think like Becky said the weight will come off then the food control will follow. 

Been going to my water aerobics class, love them. 

Take care everyone, 

ttfn Love Barbara 

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last