Message Boards

Topic : 0h Middle Age Plus and We Got Real

Number of Replies: 1870
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:53:21 pm
Author : dataimport
This discussion board is for those that are following the program and are recovering.Attitudes of 100% Commitment, Accountability are always Welcomed.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 18, 2005, 6:38 am CDT

To You: Debbie

Quote From: dj209stkn

Thanks for the reply.  I didn't know about the exercise thing with you.  About 10 years ago I lost 100 lbs and I became an absolute addict to the gym and exercise....... I did feel much better.  So, it's not like I don't know..... geez, sometimes I just think I'm a mess! lol. 

I really wish more people would start posting...... Not that I don't adore hearing from you, Barb and Kit but it makes me notice even more when you three aren't around.  Good to hear from Blue too! 

Have a happy Thursday. 

Debbie 

And I know without HIM I could do nothing 

Good to hear from you too!
Don’t know what we can do
To find all our folks
So we can talk to the blokes
Certainly everyone couldn’t have died!
Maybe they couldn’t get reregistered when they tried!

This thing has Blue pulling out hair!
Speaking of BALD... Dr. Phil, ARE YOU THERE?
HELP US get back our folks!
Enough with the jokes
Maybe YOU can talk about it on-the-air
WE KNOW YOU WILL HELP ‘CAUSE YOU CARE!!!

Blue

August 19, 2005, 7:00 am CDT

It's Friday!!!!

Yahoo, yipee, it's Friday!!!! 

I'm sure I've mentioned it before......... it is one of my very favorite days!!!!! 

Hope you all have a great one! 

Deb 

August 19, 2005, 11:03 am CDT

announcement

Our diaries have now launched! Here are some of the new added features:  

• Previously we had only 3 diary topics to add an entry to - Weight Loss Freedom, Working from the Inside Out, and Family First. Now you can start your own diaries on any topics you like!
  • You can choose to keep your diaries private or share them with the rest of DrPhil.com. And if you choose to change the status (from shared to private or vice versa), you can do easily this by editing your diary.
  • Your diaries and entries can be edited and deleted by you at any time.
  • Other members can post comments to your diary entries.
  • You can "Subscribe" to other member shared diaries that interest you and your subscriptions will be located in "My Profile" for easy access.
  • All of your own diaries (private and shared) will be listed on the left side of the main diaries pages after you log in.
  • If you click on a user name, you can select to view all diary entries by that user.
  • Each week we will select 2 or 3 shared member diaries to spotlight on our "Featured Diaries" page.

Note: When you create a new shared diary, it must have at least one entry that has been approved first before it appears on the shared diaries page.  

Hope to see you on the DrPhil.com diaires!  

August 19, 2005, 5:08 pm CDT

ANNOUNCEMENT

The Circle of Friends With Loving Support has started a new board for recipes only. 

Please feel free to come by and/or share some of your yummy recipes! 

Hugs, 

Sharon 

August 19, 2005, 5:11 pm CDT

Sorry

I forgot to tell you all that the name of the recipe board is: 

A Circle of Friends Cookbook 

Hugs, 

Sharon 

August 20, 2005, 3:52 am CDT

Good morning

It's a beautiful day in Nova Scotia, I've got a load of clothes to go out on the line and getting my bedding ready for the wash. 

Last night I phoned Becky and had a good talk with her.  She's just as lovely a lady on the phone as she us here on the board. 

She told me to let you know that she's having problems getting on Dr.Phil's site because she has updated her virus check and there is something there that is preventing her from coming here.  She's able to access other sites, but just not this one. 

I promised her that I was going to work on Key #4 as I seem to be having problems with my "impulse eating" these days, I have good intentions with sticking to program, but then I pop something in my mouth.  Instant gratification?  Comfort food?  I need help. 

Everyone have a wonderful day, take care. 

ttfn Love Barbara 

August 20, 2005, 9:23 am CDT

0h Middle Age Plus and We Got Real

DR PHIL!!!  HELP BECKY COME BACK TO US!!! 

August 20, 2005, 9:35 am CDT

0h Middle Age Plus and We Got Real

Good Saturday Morning,  I've done really well on my eating this week and I'm happy about that.  Planning, planning, planning...... that's what keeps me on track with food. 

Does Becky have a computer person in her life that could help with this issue?  Ya know if you would all download Yahoo messenger we could IM each other!!!!  I know you all are 'hotmailers' which doesn't work well with my system. 

FYI if you haven't been in touch with her, Kit is in a gardening frenzy right now, but we miss her. 

Barbara, so many of your issues mirror my own, it's nice to not be alone. 

Blue, I hope your right and I hope DR Phil gets your poem! 

I wrote Dr Phil a letter (my first one) asking him if I was ever going to be able to access my diary again........ and POOF like magic the very next day we got that post about diary.  So thankfully I have the many, many pages of my beginning journey which included foods, weights, beginning weight and measurements.  I will be moving anything I want to save to a folder on my desktop to avoid that in the future. 

My birthday is later this week (a big one) and I bought myself new living room furniture to celebrate.  The delivery company is bringing it today...... I am so excited!  So, for the last few days my ie has been moving old furniture out, and cleaning the carpet.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME on Friday. 

Take care and keep up the good work! 

Deb 

August 21, 2005, 1:28 am CDT

HEY DEB, I'M BACK

Quote From: dj209stkn

Good Saturday Morning,  I've done really well on my eating this week and I'm happy about that.  Planning, planning, planning...... that's what keeps me on track with food. 

Does Becky have a computer person in her life that could help with this issue?  Ya know if you would all download Yahoo messenger we could IM each other!!!!  I know you all are 'hotmailers' which doesn't work well with my system. 

FYI if you haven't been in touch with her, Kit is in a gardening frenzy right now, but we miss her. 

Barbara, so many of your issues mirror my own, it's nice to not be alone. 

Blue, I hope your right and I hope DR Phil gets your poem! 

I wrote Dr Phil a letter (my first one) asking him if I was ever going to be able to access my diary again........ and POOF like magic the very next day we got that post about diary.  So thankfully I have the many, many pages of my beginning journey which included foods, weights, beginning weight and measurements.  I will be moving anything I want to save to a folder on my desktop to avoid that in the future. 

My birthday is later this week (a big one) and I bought myself new living room furniture to celebrate.  The delivery company is bringing it today...... I am so excited!  So, for the last few days my ie has been moving old furniture out, and cleaning the carpet.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME on Friday. 

Take care and keep up the good work! 

Deb 

I AM SO RED FACED! DO YOU SEE? I THOUGHT I HAD CHECKED EVERYTHING THAT COULD POSSIBLE BE WRONG WITH THIS COMPUTER. MY GRANDDAUGHTER ASKED ME WHAT I WROTE ON HERE TO GET BANNED! I ASSURED HER THAT WASN'T THE PROBLEM. THE TECH FROM MY INTERNET SERVER COULDNT FIGURE IT OUT EITHER. BUT THE FIRST THING TOASTY, MY COMPUTER NEPHEW, TOLD ME TO DO WAS TO SHUT DOWN THE COMPUTER AND UNPLUG THE CABLE BOX AND THE ROUTER BOX. WAIT A MINUTE AND PLUG THEM BACK UP AND START THE COMPUTER. I REMEMBERED I HAD DONE THAT THE LAST TIME I HAD A PROBLEM AND OF COURSE, IT WORKED AND HERE I AM BACK ALL RED FACED! FEELING PRETTY DUMB! 

SOME OF US HERE DO HAVE MSN INSTANT MESSENGER. I HAVE USED YAHOO BEFORE BUT JUST DON'T HAVE IT DOWNLOADED RIGHT NOW! 

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY TO YOU DEB! WHICH BIG ONE IS THIS? HOPE IT IS A GREAT DAY! 

(((HUGS)))) 

BECKY 

FROGHOP 

August 21, 2005, 1:35 am CDT

THANK YOU FOR THE PHONE CALL BARBARA

Quote From: brcscc

It's a beautiful day in Nova Scotia, I've got a load of clothes to go out on the line and getting my bedding ready for the wash. 

Last night I phoned Becky and had a good talk with her.  She's just as lovely a lady on the phone as she us here on the board. 

She told me to let you know that she's having problems getting on Dr.Phil's site because she has updated her virus check and there is something there that is preventing her from coming here.  She's able to access other sites, but just not this one. 

I promised her that I was going to work on Key #4 as I seem to be having problems with my "impulse eating" these days, I have good intentions with sticking to program, but then I pop something in my mouth.  Instant gratification?  Comfort food?  I need help. 

Everyone have a wonderful day, take care. 

ttfn Love Barbara 

YOU ARE A REALLY LOVELY LADY TOO! YOU EVEN SOUND LIKE ONE OF MY OHIO FRIENDS! 

KIT AND I LOOKED AT SLIDES FROM NS, NB, AND PEI AFTER I TALKED TO YOU! BEAUTIFUL PLACES. KIT'S BEEN THERE I WANT TO GO SOMEDAY! 

TOASTY STILL HASNT TOLD ME WHY OR HOW WHAT HAPPENED HAPPENED! JUST SOME GLITCH! JUST YOU ALL REMEMBER ABOUT UNPLUGGING STUFF AND REBOOTING! SOUNDS LIKE THAT MIGHT SOLVE LOTS OF PROBLEMS!!! 

I THINK WE MIGHT NEED SOME MORE MESSAGES ABOUT KEY #4 HERE! LET'S ALL WORK ON THEM AND POST THEM THIS WEEK SOMETIME! ANYTIME! BET WE CAN ALL THINK OF SOMETHING TO SAY ON THE SUBJECT AND I COULD USE IT TOO BARBARA! HOW BOUT THE REST OF YOU? 

THERE 'S THE SUBJECT! DISCUSS IT AMONGST OURSELFS! 

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!! 

(((HUGS)))) 

BECKY 

FROGHOP 

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last