Message Boards

Topic : 0h Middle Age Plus and We Got Real

Number of Replies: 1870
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:53:21 pm
Author : dataimport
This discussion board is for those that are following the program and are recovering.Attitudes of 100% Commitment, Accountability are always Welcomed.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 31, 2005, 3:21 pm CDT

O-KEE-DOKE

AN ODD EXPRESSION IS "O-KEE-DOKE";/ IT SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER LANGUAGE./ YET THIS IS NO JOKE./  I'M LOOKING FOR "BLUE" OF "BLUE NOTE" FAME./ I HOPE SHE'LL RESPOND/ WHEN SHE SEES HER NAME.

JUST WANT ALL OF YOU TO KNOW I'M WORKING AT LOSING THOSE LAST FIVE POUNDS.  SEEMS LIKE IT'S TAKING FOREVER!!  I AM WATCHING WHAT I'M EATING AND EXERCISING.  THESE TWO THINGS HAVE PAID OFF IN THE PAST.  I KEEP "BOUNCING " BETWEEN 129.5 AND 127.5.  AM LOOKING FOR ENCOURAGEMENT IN GETTING DOWN TO 125.

THANKS FOR "LISTENING".

:) ANDIEPIE17

July 31, 2005, 6:00 pm CDT

YOU ARE ENCOURAGEMENT!!!

Quote From: andiepie15

AN ODD EXPRESSION IS "O-KEE-DOKE";/ IT SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER LANGUAGE./ YET THIS IS NO JOKE./  I'M LOOKING FOR "BLUE" OF "BLUE NOTE" FAME./ I HOPE SHE'LL RESPOND/ WHEN SHE SEES HER NAME.

JUST WANT ALL OF YOU TO KNOW I'M WORKING AT LOSING THOSE LAST FIVE POUNDS.  SEEMS LIKE IT'S TAKING FOREVER!!  I AM WATCHING WHAT I'M EATING AND EXERCISING.  THESE TWO THINGS HAVE PAID OFF IN THE PAST.  I KEEP "BOUNCING " BETWEEN 129.5 AND 127.5.  AM LOOKING FOR ENCOURAGEMENT IN GETTING DOWN TO 125.

THANKS FOR "LISTENING".

:) ANDIEPIE17

Andie!

You have done so well, you have changed your life!  125 is just a number but if it's an important number to you I know you'll do it..... this is a little battle, you've already done all the work to win this war!

That you and others are able to do what I plan on doing gives ME the encouragement I need to keep on this path.  Thank you for your spirit, thank you for your success, thank you for giving me a glimpse of the future!

Debbie

July 31, 2005, 6:05 pm CDT

Hi Barb!!!

Quote From: brcscc

It took me awhile to find this board but I've finally made it.

I've been to Toronto and returned home Monday night.  Shannon and I celebrated our 25th anniversary that day also.

Now that I am home I need to get very serious about working my program.

It was very hot in Toronto, but I didn't mind it, weather here in Nova Scotia, is nice.  Yesterday and today has been in the 70's, with light breeze off the ocean.  I sat on the back deck yesterday and got more tan which is something I haven't done since high school years.

While in Toronto I lived in my shorts and sleeveless tops, it feels so darn good to become liberated.  No more hiding in heavy clothes.

Becky hope you enjoy your few days housecleaning (yuk)

Palkit, Vicky, Deb, Shari, and all others, enjoy whats left of the weekend.  I'll try to be back later.

ttfn Love Barbara

It's so nice to see you and congratulations on your 25th!!!!

I also feel the need to get VERY serious about working the program.  It seems that I put up my own roadblocks only to have to tear them back down.  One thing I know for sure...... good intentions mean absolutely nothing in my success, cause I really, really do have the best of intentions (-:

ttfn, Debbie

July 31, 2005, 6:24 pm CDT

goodbye July, hello August

As I say goodbye to July I also say good bye to 24's and 22's and hello to 18-20's!  In a few months I'll get to say goodbye to the Avenue and Lane Bryant as well!!!  I am looking forward to that!  I'm looking forward to shorts next summer and to feel the liberation Barb speaks of.

Many of you know that my son and his family had been 'temporarily' staying with me (8 months) and that was hindering me in having a clean environment and at some level important ie.  Well, he got his own place this weekend!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!  Now on next payday I'll be able to CLEAN UP MY ACT!

I've already purchased "the ball" but I am disappointed that 'my favorites' on this site have been wiped out!  I had saved Kit's posts on ball exercises.  So please, as time permits, could you all pass on your favorites and most effective ones?  It will be so appreciated. 

Hopefully the 'diary' pages will be back with all my own posts from day one.  If not, I will begin again but will save what I want 'off site' next time!  I sincerely hope Dr Phil's 'people' give us a day or two warning before 'shutting' down again.

Becky..... now that I need to "de-mike" my apartment, I cannot imagine taking a few days off to just clean.... girlfriend, you need to adjust your thinking as to what 'me' time is - lol, though I'm sure you will be enjoying your son too.

Kit, thanks so much for encouraging me back into the room don't underestimate the effect of your kindness, and I know I still owe you a long, long letter.

So here's our chance to begin again, with a new month-renewed commitment, encouraged and encouraging spirits!  Best wishes to all!

Debbie

July 31, 2005, 7:18 pm CDT

Barb

Glad you were able to find us!   I love Toronto!  I have not been able to get up there lately and owe my friend a visit.  Lots to do there!  So little time! LOL

KIT

Darn Nanny Beck!  Wish you would have told me you were traveling cleaning homes!  I would have made an appointment for you to travel a little bit farther East! LOL

Everyone!  Let's really try to make improvements this week we can be proud of!

August 1, 2005, 4:38 am CDT

Good morning everyone!

Change takes time and I set a goal to make very good choices and changes each day that I knew I could make and keep going.  I wrote them down in my Journal and reviewed my Journal each week to see how I was doing.  If I forgot something I wrote it down again as it was a new idea.  Making changes each day was easier for me than to try and change all of a sudden.  When I got the groceries in the house and worked on my enviroment.  I worked on the exercise and the other keys.  Making small changes felt good each day.  I read the book and listened to the tapes and kept posting and reading the message boards.  This combination worked for me and I keep making changes and good choices each day.  Some days I don't eat as much as I should but I continue to make the next day better.  Hope today is better for you than yesterday!  You can Make it Happen!  Don't wait for others to make the changes.  Only you can make the difference for yourself.  Don't let their bad habits control how you think!

KIT

August 1, 2005, 6:55 am CDT

HEY BARBARA

Quote From: brcscc

It took me awhile to find this board but I've finally made it.

I've been to Toronto and returned home Monday night.  Shannon and I celebrated our 25th anniversary that day also.

Now that I am home I need to get very serious about working my program.

It was very hot in Toronto, but I didn't mind it, weather here in Nova Scotia, is nice.  Yesterday and today has been in the 70's, with light breeze off the ocean.  I sat on the back deck yesterday and got more tan which is something I haven't done since high school years.

While in Toronto I lived in my shorts and sleeveless tops, it feels so darn good to become liberated.  No more hiding in heavy clothes.

Becky hope you enjoy your few days housecleaning (yuk)

Palkit, Vicky, Deb, Shari, and all others, enjoy whats left of the weekend.  I'll try to be back later.

ttfn Love Barbara

WELL I SURVIVED AND SONS HOUSE LOOKS AND SMELLS GREAT!!!

HE EVEN  HELPED THIS TIME!! LOL!!

I SURE AM GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK ON OUR BOARD! PLEASE COME OFTEN AND POST MUCH!! WE COULD SURE USE THE ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT HERE!!!

SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT VACATION OR ANNIVERSARY TRIP!!! AS FOR SLEEVELESS STUFF I M STILL FIGHTING THOSE BATWINGS AND ONLY HAVE ONE SLEEVELESS TOP I WEAR TO EXERCISE IN!!! DO YOU HAVE ANY CURES FOR THOSE AWFUL BATWINGY THINGYS!!!!????

I DO THE EXERCISES THEY TELL ME TO AT THE BODY SHOP AND I HAVE SEEN A TINY IMPROVEMENT BUT!!!...........

HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!(((HUGS)))

BECKY

FROGHOP

August 1, 2005, 7:04 am CDT

MY PAL KIT

YOU ARE SOOOO VERY  WISE!!! YOU SPEAK THE TRUTH TOO!!! WE ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN MAKE US CHANGE!!! OTHERS CAN TRY BUT WE ARE THE ONE WHO CAN DO IT!!!  YOU HAVE SOME REALLY GREAT IDEAS AND THAT JOURNALING THINGY SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT ONE AND SOMEDAY I AM GOING TO CONQUER IT!!!!! I'M A GOOD STARTER BUT NOT A GOOD KEEP IT GOING ONE!!!

I AM HOLDING ON TO THE BELIEF THAT THIS LIFESTYLE WITH ACTUALLY BECOME PART OF ME!!! IF ONLY IN THAT I DO KEEP STARTING IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.....I VE HAD SOME BACKSLIDES THIS SUMMER....NOTHING MAJOR....JUST LITTLE OLD HABITS CREEPING BACK INTO MY ACTIONS AND REACTIONS!!! BUT THANKS TO DR PHIL, I KNOW THAT IT'S THAT DARN INSTINTCUAL DRIFT THINGY AND I KNOW HOW TO FIGHT IT!!! JUST KEEP STARTING OVER....BUT IT'S REALLY NOT IT'S JUST DOING WHAT I KNOW HOW TO DO NOW!!! I KNOW I HAVE TO EXERCISE OR I FEEL LIKE CRAP......I HAVE TO MAKE GOOD FOOD CHOICES OR I FEEL LIKE CRAP.....AND I HAVE TO DRINK PLENTY OF WATER OR WELL....YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!!

SO HERE WE ARE ON A MONDAY MORNING AND I AM GOING TO THE BODY SHOP SHORTLY AND I HAVE HAD A GREAT (MEANING WHAT I SHOULD HAVE) BREAKFAST AND I AM DRINKING MY FIRST BOTTLE OF WATER AND WILL DRINK MUCH MORE TODAY!!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!! TALK TO YOU LATER!!! IF YOU EVER ANSWER YOUR MSN!!!!LOL

BECKY

August 1, 2005, 7:18 am CDT

HEY DEBBIE!

Quote From: dj209stkn

As I say goodbye to July I also say good bye to 24's and 22's and hello to 18-20's!  In a few months I'll get to say goodbye to the Avenue and Lane Bryant as well!!!  I am looking forward to that!  I'm looking forward to shorts next summer and to feel the liberation Barb speaks of.

Many of you know that my son and his family had been 'temporarily' staying with me (8 months) and that was hindering me in having a clean environment and at some level important ie.  Well, he got his own place this weekend!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!  Now on next payday I'll be able to CLEAN UP MY ACT!

I've already purchased "the ball" but I am disappointed that 'my favorites' on this site have been wiped out!  I had saved Kit's posts on ball exercises.  So please, as time permits, could you all pass on your favorites and most effective ones?  It will be so appreciated. 

Hopefully the 'diary' pages will be back with all my own posts from day one.  If not, I will begin again but will save what I want 'off site' next time!  I sincerely hope Dr Phil's 'people' give us a day or two warning before 'shutting' down again.

Becky..... now that I need to "de-mike" my apartment, I cannot imagine taking a few days off to just clean.... girlfriend, you need to adjust your thinking as to what 'me' time is - lol, though I'm sure you will be enjoying your son too.

Kit, thanks so much for encouraging me back into the room don't underestimate the effect of your kindness, and I know I still owe you a long, long letter.

So here's our chance to begin again, with a new month-renewed commitment, encouraged and encouraging spirits!  Best wishes to all!

Debbie

IT WAS A REALLY GOOD VISIT!!! HE ACTUALLY HELPED ME THIS TIME AND WE WENT OUT TO EAT TWICE!!!!  I GUESS THAT MOM THINGYS JUST INGRAINED IN ME AND I LOVED ALMOST EVERY MINUTE OF OUR TIME TOGETHER!!!

I AM GLAD YOU HAVE YOUR HOUSE BACK TO YOURSELF AGAIN.....ISN'T THAT A WONDERFUL SOUND!!!! LOL!!!!

IT'S GREAT TO SEE YOU HERE TODAY PLEASE COME OFTEN AND POST MUCH!!!!

AS FOR THE BALL.....USE IT FOR YOUR DESK CHAIR WHILE YOU ARE POSTING TO US....IT'S GREAT FOR YOUR CORE MUSCLES......THEN JUST BOUNCE A LITTLE....GET TO KNOW AND LOVE THAT THING.  THEN TRY SOME CRUNCHES......THEY ARE GREAT!

WELL, HAVE A GOOD ONE!!!

SEE YA BACK HERE REALLLLLL SOON!!!

(((HUGS))))

BECKKY

FROGHOP

August 1, 2005, 8:28 am CDT

Balance or Stability Ball

Get down on the floor and think of things you can do with the ball.  Do something that makes you stretch like sit on the floor and roll the ball out past your toes and back to your body.  Repeat that several times.  Flexibility and stretching are very important and keeping those joints moving and not loosing any range of motion is what you want to do.  Lay on your back either on the floor or in bed or on a cushion or exercise mat.  Put the ball above your head and bring our toes up toward the ceiling and take the ball from your hand with your toes and slowly lower your feet to the floor.  Don't let the ball roll away or you have to do a sit up to retrieve it, which is another exercise!  Repeat the hand to toe and toe to hand movement several times.  If you have smooth walls you can put the ball between your back and the wall and bend your knees and do a deep knee bend as far down as you can WITHOUT FALLING and come back up the wall.  The movement to get great benefit out of a movement does not have to be large.  Put the ball on the floor in front of you and bend over and pick it up and put it above your head not touching the ceiling.  Bend to the left an then to the right. Bending at the waist.  Now take the ball and make a small figure 8 in front of your body moving the ball around and then a larger figure 8.  Repeat several times.  In bed or on the floor bend over the ball and let your shoulders and spine curve around the ball.  I do this and then do my breathing exercises.  Any wobble you might do is working those core muscles and strenghtening those tiny muscles we normally don't think about.  As you get stronger muscles your balance also increases.  Can not stand on one leg?  That is because your muscles need toned and strenghtened.  Stand over your ball and squeeze it with your knees and your elbows.  Just don't sit on it at the computer!  Rotate your pelvis around and work on your balance.  Strenghten those muscles!  Make it harder by lifting one leg to do toe circles and rotate those ankles.  Not steady enough...do this in the hall way between two walls you can hold on to.  I get out my hand weights and do my weights laying my belly over the ball like you would a weight bench!  Then I turn over and do other exercise with the weights laying on my back.  Actually while laying over the ball and doing my breathing exercises I have fell asleep becasue I was so relaxed!   Keep your feet apart as wide as your hips for better balance when you first start.  Also do your weights as you sit on the ball.  How about do those favorite dances as you wiggle around on the ball?  Put on that favorite radio station and MOVE!!

There are actually tapes that you can use for the stability ball.  I have a few here but have to look up the names and fill out my profile.  That information all disappeared when Dr Phil changed the format for the message boards.  Grrrrrr!!!!!!  OH WELL TYPING WILL EXERCISE MY FINGERS!

KIT

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last