Message Boards

Topic : 0h Middle Age Plus and We Got Real

Number of Replies: 1870
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:53:21 pm
Author : dataimport
This discussion board is for those that are following the program and are recovering.Attitudes of 100% Commitment, Accountability are always Welcomed.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 3, 2005, 7:25 am CDT

HEY MFOXY 1

Quote From: mfoxy1

I wanted to let people know we will be having our 1st discussion on our board, this

Thursday--will be an all day discussion and we are covering the very beginning of the

UWL/7keys book.If needed we will carry the talk over into Friday.we may change the day

for discussions later but it being this late in the week--we picked Thursday--cause afew of us

didn't want to wait til next week to begin.

the board is named:

We Don't have to do this alone anymore.

I hope those of anyone who can, will pop by and share your views and opinions with us.

This board can be found under the weight section--under sub title weight loss challenge

discussions.last I knew it was listed on the third page there.

and also wanted to an open invitation for anyone who wishes to come post anytime on the

board--we are always up to having daily discussions as well.

hope you will come check us out

Vickie

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INVITATION! I FOR ONE WILL CHECK IT OUT!!!

I FOUND YOUR BOARD WITH NO TROUBLE AT ALL. I'M NOT SURE WHY DR PHILS PEOPLE USE NEXT PAGE INSTEAD OF A 3...LOL!

HAVE A GREAT DAY AND I'LL SEE YA THRUS....

COME ON GET REALERS LETS ALL GO SEE FOXY THURS!!!!

BECKY

August 3, 2005, 1:00 pm CDT

from the old nannybeck,,,i think

I THINK THIS WILL BE FROM MY ORIGINAL NANNYBECK LOGIN...LET'S SEE!

August 3, 2005, 2:34 pm CDT

HELLO GET REALERS

HI GANG! I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE MY OLD IDENTITY BACK...I AM THE ORIGINAL NANNYBECK AGAIN...YEAH!!!

THE MODERATOR WORKED ON THIS GLITCH UNTIL IT WAS FIXED. SO IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE GETTING BACK ON HERE. DO EXACTLY WHAT THE EMAIL SAYS. I THINK I READ IT WRONG AND CHANGED MY PASSWORD AND THAT MIXED EVERYTHING UP. BUT NOW IT'S AOK

I WENT TO THE BODY SHOP TODAY FOR MY FREE MANICURE AND RODE THE BIKE FOR 7 MILES WITHOUT STOPPING AND IT TOOK 49 MINUTES. I AM GOING A LITTLE SLOWER AND WITH LESS RESISITENCE, DOWN TO 9 FROM 12, AND AM RIDING LONGER AND LONGER. I AM GOING FOR 10 MILES A DAY. WISH ME LUCK.  THANKS!!!

I SURE HOPE SOME OF YOU JOIN IN THE DISCUSSION THURS ON MFOXY1'S BOARD. THE NAME IS BELOW IN HER MESSAGE. IT WASN'T HARD TO FIND IT'S ON THE 3RD PAGE OF THE WEIGHT LOSS BOARDS BUT IT DOESN'T SAY PAGE 3 IT SAYS NEXT.....DAH!

I'M READING TONIGHT AND I WILL TRY TO POST A MESSAGE THERE!

HAVE A GREAT  DAY!!!

((((HUGS)))))

BECKY

August 4, 2005, 6:04 pm CDT

GET REALERS

COME OUT COME OUT WHERE EVER YOU ARE!!!!! 

IT SURE IS LONESOME IN HERE!!!! 

WHERE IS EVERYBODY????? 

WELL, I HAD A GREAT DAY!!! IT REACHED 100 DEGREES HERE TODAY!!!! I STAYED IN UNTIL 6 THIS EVENING AND THEN WALKED IN THE POOL FOR AN HOUR!!! THAT SEEMS TO GIVE ME A BETTER WORKOUT THAN THE AQUACYCLE.....MORE RESISTENCE I GUESS! 

THE FRESH FRUIT AND VEGGIES ARE PHABULOUS AROUND HERE!!! HAD HUGE PINK TOMATOE TODAY!! YUMMY 

HAVE A GREAT DAY  HOPE TO SEE YA SOON 

BECKY 

August 6, 2005, 1:41 pm CDT

Busy, busy, trying to get real!

Hi Beck, Kit, Barb, Shari, Vicki, Andi, Angie, Nancy, Tim also the 2 or 3 I'm sure I missed plus the hundreds who are waiting anxiously for a new post to the board (-:, 

Sorry it's not more, just got back from the store with lots of fruit, veggies, chicken, tuna.  Kit - I printed the ball stuff and am having fun just trying not to fall off! 

ttfn, you are all close in my thoughts . ALL THE TIME! 

Debbie 

Is there a Beth..... I think I remember a Beth? 

August 6, 2005, 2:21 pm CDT

HEY DEB

NO BETH THAT I KNOW OF! BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN MUCH AS I AM SOOOO FORGETFUL THESE DAYS.. IS THERE SUCH A THING AS PERIALTIZMERS! ? 

AS FOR THAT BALL, YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!! THE HALL IS A GREAT PLACE TO LEARN TO BALANCE THE BALL. AND THEY MAKE GREAT DESK CHAIRS. SEE BELOW!!! KEEPS YA FROM SLUMPING OVER THAT KEYBOARD. JUST BOUNCING THE THING A LITTLE WILL RAISE YOUR HEARTBEAT. SO GO FOR IT!!!  THIS IS WHAT I LOOKED LIKE ON MINE LAST WINTER! OMG I NEED A NEW PICTURE!!! 

I AM REALLY GLAD YOU STOPPED BY TOTAY! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! COME BACK SOON! 

(((HUGS)))) 

BECKY 

August 7, 2005, 7:25 pm CDT

We need a Beth! Hello Everyone! Is there a Beth lurking out there that will join us?

Becky there is so many benefits to walking!  For everyone it means something different and all are so beneficial!  Walk in place to Leslie Sansone, stroll, walk the dog, power walk and walk as far and to the best of your ability and try to get in those needed steps with the pedometer!  Walking in the pool or in snow shoes is great!  Many forms to change our forms!  Today it is so hot I wish I had a pool.   

Walking in the pool does make you work the legs with the resistance giving you alot of lower body eaxercise.  The aquabike gives you a lower body work out and takes the welight off the joints, but also gives the upper body exercise too.  Your posture is better when using the aquabike and you are working all the core and upper body muscle groups if you have weights or are paddling in the water to keep your balance and to move around the pool.   So enjoy both exercise methods!    YOUR NEW PICTURE NEAR THE FALLS LOOKS GREAT! 

Debbie  I am sure glad you and the others post here.  It keeps me going and keeps me thinking!  THANK YOU!! 

KIT 

August 8, 2005, 2:53 am CDT

Hello Everyone!

Begining of a new day and a new week.  Did you start a Journal yet?  I know there is ones that are still holding out!  Get out a piece of paper and write down what you need to do today.  One word that describes how you feel this morning and what you would like to have for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and what you have planned for your two snacks.  Write down the numbers 1 to 10 and circle one each time you have a glass of water.  Now you have no excuse to not start a Journal you have the first page started.  Now write down the exercise you did today and how you feel at the end of the day with your progress.   

Tomorrow is another new day and do the same things with a blank page for your Journal.  Make 7 small improvements.  One for each key to your weight loss solution. 

KIT 

I will post my Journal page at the end of the day!  Hope this gets your Journal started! 

August 8, 2005, 9:10 am CDT

GREAT IDEAS KIT !

I THINK I JUST MIGHT BE ABLE TO DO THAT JOURNAL!!!!  

I'M JUST BACK FROM THE BODY SHOP...I RODE 8 MILES IN 50 MINUTES. MY GOAL FOR TOMORROW OR AT LEAST ONE DAY THIS WEEK IS TO RIDE A WHOLE HOUR.  I RODE A LITTLE FASTER TODAY THAN I INTENDED. BUT THAT'S OK  

I HAVE ALREADY DRUNK ONE LITRE OF WATER....HAD A GREAT BREAKFAST...CEREAL AND FRUIT AND NUTS. 

I PLAN ON LOTS OF FRESH VEGGIES TODAY AS 2 NEIGHBORS ARE LEAVING THEM OUTSIDE MY BACK DOOR. THEY LOVE MY HUSBAND NOT ME!.....BUT I'M THE ONE WHO EATS THE VEGGIES NOT HIM. LOL 

I HAD ALREADY CLEANED AND MOPPED THE KITCHEN AND LIVINGROOM BEFORE I WENT TO EXERCISE AND AT SOME POINT TODAY I WILL SPEND AN HOUR IN THE BASEMENT! I STARTED THAT SATURDAY AND GOT A 3 FOOT PATH FROM FRONT TO BACK DOORS CLEANED AND SWEPT AND 2 BOXES FULL OF STUFF REMOVED. HONESTLY I COULD BARELY STEP IN THE PLACE ITS FULL FROM FLOOR TO ALMOST CEILING. SO THAT MADE A BIG DENT. I THINK I AM CALLING THE PLACE BECKY'S BASEMENT BOUTIQUE!!! ANYBODY LOOKING FOR SOME TREASURES.? I'M SURE I CAN FIX YOU RIGHT UP! 

WELL YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! GET OUT AND MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT!!!! AND DRINK YOUR WATER AND MAKE GREAT FOOD CHOICES....NOT A BAD LIFESTYLE AT ALL!!! 

((((HUGS))))) 

BECKY 

FROGHOP 

August 8, 2005, 11:18 am CDT

Becky, Where is everyone?

I am glad you are getting stuff done!  Remember that one box at a time theory.  If you have not used it for a year out it goes so someone else can use it.  If you don't really really love it let it go.  Decorations that you don't use any more should go too!  Those were questions I used to sort out stuff here and it worked great!  Like the organizations shows use the three or four bins that you take with you and clean and sort one box a day into those boxes.  Keep, Toss, Donate and Garage Sale which is one I don't use because I am never going to have that garage sale!  Each day you open up a box and sort and then deal with those items.  Ones that go in a bag to Donate, you drop off at the thrift store on the way to the Body Shop daily!  We don't need the stress that our clutter is causing that makes us keep weight on our bodies.  Stress can be managed by using the keys and giving away our old clothes that don't fit anymore can be used by other that are loosing weight.  So don't forget to Donate!  I am glad you are finding that path but you need to start pricing stuff and moving it to one area for that garage sale or drop off a bag each day!  That is what I am doing and BOY, does it make a difference!  I have been using the 7 keys in other parts of my life and making better choices with lots of things I want to change.  I just thought I would share since that is what they say to do in Key# 7.  You have been the biggest part of my Circle of Support!   Thanks for being there!  Vicki you too!  You have changed my thinking too!  Takes time but we are worth it! 

KIT 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last