Message Boards

Topic : 03/01 Sudden Fame

Number of Replies: 128
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 23, 2007, 02:16:13 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Do you wish the whole world knew your name? Do you wonder how it would feel to stroll down the red carpet or have the paparazzi waiting for you as you walked out of a restaurant? Jennifer recently auditioned for American Idol, but didn’t make the final cut to go to Hollywood. She thinks about her failed performance every day, and says Simon Cowell crushed her dreams. Will she be able to regain her confidence when she performs on the show? Then, Elizabeth says she’s determined to make her 9-year-old daughter famous. Her sister, Priscilla, says her niece is too heavy and doesn’t have the talent to make it. Is Elizabeth setting her daughter up for failure, or should Priscilla mind her own business? Plus, Taylor Hicks went from virtual obscurity to instant fame …all with the help of 64 million American Idol viewers. Don’t miss Taylor’s riveting performance, talk about the show here!

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 1, 2007, 8:14 am CST

I'm saving the world...

Quote From: parisfan

i haven't seen the show as yet but i was reading the summaries and i was appauled at the first woman on the show

what did she expect out of trying for american idol? i am sure there was a LOT of people showing up JUST to try out and i have seen the show and some of those trying out are crap and a lot just don' t have it talent wise.

no offence but  ppl like paula abul and simon cowel probably KNOW talent when they hear it and probably won't hesitate to tell some one to take a hike if they feel they are not up to big leauges.

it's one thing to sing for friends and family and it's another to  have enough talent to make it in hollywood
and sticking to singing in the shower... I prefer torturing my family members to loud concerts from the shower. 

March 1, 2007, 9:25 am CST

"The Child Lottery"

I have been in the talent agency business for over 20 years...oh the things I have seen!!

I hope to write two books as soon as time allows which is never unless you do it I suppose.  One of the books would be " The Child Lottery" a book about the parents of children who will use the last dime, borrow or steal to get their child in this business (if the child wants to or not).  I have seen many things that need to be told to the hopeful parents about the odds of  this business.  A second book  called "You Should Know What I Know" the guidelines of this business to know the things to watch out for this is a business with NO RULES and I would like to give the inside knowledge of the reality of the workings inside the agencies.  Botton line I have gone to govenors in my state and tried to establish rules for this business to be put on "the books" I know of no other business that can misrepresent any and everything with no consequences.  I would love to have help bringing this forward!

March 1, 2007, 9:28 am CST

03/01 Sudden Fame

Quote From: pearlhanna

and sticking to singing in the shower... I prefer torturing my family members to loud concerts from the shower. 
hahahahahaha, you and me both, i cant cary a tune in a bucket with out spilling it hahahaha, yeah i think the world is a much better place for every one as long as i do not try to sing, hahahaha

March 1, 2007, 9:29 am CST

Taylor Hicks!

Thank You for having Taylor on....this is making my day....incredible!!

March 1, 2007, 10:27 am CST

Fame or is it just the money

The first girl Jennifer, acts like what she wants is what she should get.  It is one thing to cry over seeing someone that you respect that is famous and it's another thing to look to someone like Paula as your Idol.  What happened to having your  parents or sibling(s) as your Idol??  She seems like a spoiled girl that will push her parents to get what she wants then get on a talk show to cry about the experience.  She wants fame, to me it sounded like all she wanted was the money.  This girl is a prime example of what our children are turning into: self absorbed, spoiled brats.  What happened to working your ass off to get some where in life?  What happened to starting at the bottom, taking all the bumps and clawing your way up??  These kids today want it the easy way and if they don't get it they throw a tantrum.

I have heard the song "Amazing Grace" sung by many different people and not one that I had heard, until today, changed the lyrics.  Amazing Grace is like the national anthem to me and should never be altered.  If this girl wants to sing she needs to invest in a voice coach and if she has one she needs a new one. 

Parents need to spend more time with their children than paying their children to go somewhere else.  You give birth to a child for a reason. 

March 1, 2007, 11:13 am CST

03/01 Sudden Fame

Quote From: jfabian

Yes, I agree with you.  Simon criticizes way too much!!!!  He needs to lighten up!!!!
Oh I must have written my post poorly. I love Simon.  I think he's the best judge on the show and I agree with most of his comments. The show would be very dull with out him behaving the way he does.

March 1, 2007, 12:16 pm CST

lame

Well, I have not finished watching this show yet but right now I'm just completely disgusted.  I have just watching the first 10 minutes and I cannot belive how lame  this girl is.  It is American Idol..some of the judges are mean..its for entertainment value and the reality is that she would never make it in the entertainment industry because not everything is clear sailing...Lets see what would she do if she made it all the way through and she was the next american idol and the tabloids wrote something about her..would she go into a deep depression knowing that it comes with the business.  There is a time and there is a place for everything and if you don't fit in that time and place and its something that you really want just keep reaching for it..don't sit back and have a why is me fest like your life dreams are over because of a tv show and the way they didn't let you through.

Now on to her and Paula...um..yes , she is obsessed.  Plain and Simple..this girl just needs to grow up , she is not setting a very good example for her students crying cause she didn't get her way.

Now I will continue to watch..and I will prob post again...haha

March 1, 2007, 12:19 pm CST

Sudden Fame

I think that Jennifer is completely unrealistic about her chances in the music industry.  Her voice seems fine for singing at church or in the local community but in no way does she have a special talent that would take her past thousands of other good singers. 

I really enjoyed the show and would have liked to see more of Taylor Hicks.  He certainly has the talent and star quality needed to succeed in the music industry.

March 1, 2007, 12:19 pm CST

03/01 Sudden Fame

Ok, I just watched the first girl on today's show about not making it too far on American Idol.  I've never heard so much whining.  I just can't feel sorry for her and I agree with Dr. Phil "Get Over It". Personally, it looked to me like she'd make a better actress. 

March 1, 2007, 12:49 pm CST

Taylor

You were very kind telling that young lady to keep following her dreams ...... now my question to you young man is  ..... WHAT'S  A NICE OLD LADY LIKE ME GOT TO DO TO MEET YA ?

Keep doing what your doing Taylor and don't ever change who you are for anyone : )

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last