Message Boards

Topic : 08/03 Caught in the Act

Number of Replies: 269
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 23, 2007, 02:18:10 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 03/02/07) Do you live on the edge without thinking about the consequences? Dr. Phil's first guest made headlines across America. Crowned Miss Nevada in October 2006, Katie Rees was dethroned two months later when pictures of her in compromising positions surfaced. Why does she say her punishment was unfair? Then, David admits that he used to sneak out of the house in the middle of the night to have sex with another woman while his wife, Sara, slept. He got away with it for a while, until Sara woke up and went knocking on the other woman's door, catching David with his pants down. Should Sara give David another chance, or is David not ready to make a change? Dr. Phil has some tough questions for him. And, Kendra, 26, has been shoplifting since she was 9 years old. She's been to jail once and is currently on probation, but says she just can't stop stealing. You won't believe who taught her how to do this! Dr. Phil has a strong warning for this mother of three. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 4, 2007, 3:16 pm CDT

GAHHHHHH!

Heh-heh,just venting........I HATE reruns!!!!!!!!Blecchh,phooey,waaaah!

I called the Waaaaahambulance but it's not here yet......sulk,sigh,pffffffffftttt.

Okay.sorta better.Oh,and cheaters suck,male or female.

August 5, 2007, 12:58 am CDT

Miss Nevada

First I'll be perfectly frank and say that I think these pageants are dumb.

Second, if a girl enters, she knows the rules.

So, she has to play by them, and that's that.

August 5, 2007, 4:16 pm CDT

Katie Rees

First of all, she was NOT dressed appropriately for a Miss  Nevada or a Miss Universe contestant  on your show, so how must she dress when not on your show trying to defend herself. These titles should represent the best girls in our Country not the representation she showed while on her "good behavior," Thank you for allowing me to make a responce. I wish she could read it.

August 6, 2007, 10:21 am CDT

Not Exactly

Quote From: luknee

Correctly?  Are you the judge and jury as to what "correctly" is?
You forgot "executioner".  Otherwise you have it covered.

August 6, 2007, 10:24 am CDT

Who?

Quote From: luknee

I think you're missing the point.  The reason Miss America appeals to many young girls is because they believe that the only strengths that matter are looks - not brains or talent.  How is strutting around in a bikini really different than posing nude.  Hey, if at 19 or 20, she has an active sex life with either consenting adult women or men, who cares?  Thank God the days of slut/good girl are mostly over.  Women should be free to make their own decisions about their own bodies and sexuality without the "moral majority" jumping down their throat.
You forget that the "moral majority" is neither one.

August 6, 2007, 10:39 am CDT

Caution - Male Point of View

Quote From: starlett

Are you actually saying that men have a right to cheat on their wives.    What the hell do you mean by "he knows the role of women in modern society?"   Clarify that for me will ya.

If men have a right to sleep with other women before and during the marriage and it be "ok" in society, then women should have the right to do the same.      But no, if a woman sleep around she's a slut but a man is patted on the back and told "way to go"

If a man can't keep it in his pants (other than with his wife)  than he has no business getting married.  Stay single and sleep with whomever he wants.  

What about protection?  Doesn't this guy care about diseases? 

The role of women in modern society is to be a career-minded (yet loving) woman who can balance her family (if she has one) and work.    Women do not need a man to be her protector.  Women are not property.   Women have the right to be whatever she choses to be!

Women have minds and can do quite well without a man.     This is not the 1950's where women are pregnant all thru her life. (LOL)    Any man who thinks that they are superior or more important than women have another thing coming - they are not more important.  

We watch, read and write so much about the roles of men and women when we should be focused on the way people treat people.  You needn't single out one gender when speaking about issues such as infidelity.  While I concede that there are clear and obvious differences, I also believe there is a huge amount of common ground.  No decent, caring person is going to cheat.  Period. 

Your point about women having been treated unfairly is not just valid, it is a crucial factor for our understanding if we are to become the best society possible.  Unlike some men, I think that the recognition of the true value of women is to my advantage.  Why call my wife my partner if I'm unwilling to let her be a true partner?

So, I define the "role of a woman" to be one of making herself the fullest and most complete person she can and then sharing that with a family if she chooses, or the world, or both.

August 9, 2007, 2:48 pm CDT

08/03 Caught in the Act

Quote From: flrat69

You forgot "executioner".  Otherwise you have it covered.
The words live your life correctly would refer to going through the proper channels to get to where you want to be such as working hard to get up the ladder not selling your soul to get to the top.

August 17, 2007, 11:34 am CDT

Katie Rees

Perhaps the Trump Organization and the Pageant have been unfair to you.  I think that they were not.  I saw the show and I do not remember ever hearing you say that you were sorry for your prior actions.  The attitude displayed was not one of defiance, but it was not one of remorse either.  What I heard was more of an attitude that I did what I did and I can't change that.  What I did was not a big deal and I should not be held accountable for it.  They are just pictures.  It was an isolated incident.  Never once did I hear you say you were sorry for your actions or that you made a stupid mistake, and wish you could take it back.  Perhaps it was this very same attitude that caused the pageant to strip you of your title.  You are a beautiful woman, but you don't need this attitude.  And I agree with Dr. Phil, though he did not directly say it, your wardrobe of the day did not speak of remorse.  It was pretty and classy, but it spoke of 'For Sale', not of 'I am a classy person and am here in a remorseful attitude and seek redemption for my past actions, and vow to overcome the past and set a course for future success'.  I do wish you luck.  And, as to not being a role model, forget the escape attempt, we all are, whether we like it or not.  We cannot escape our actions or words, so we need to take responsibility for them past, present and future.  Set yourself on a pedestal, no one else will.

August 19, 2007, 3:37 am CDT

08/03 Caught in the Act

Quote From: bayshoregirl

First of all, she was NOT dressed appropriately for a Miss  Nevada or a Miss Universe contestant  on your show, so how must she dress when not on your show trying to defend herself. These titles should represent the best girls in our Country not the representation she showed while on her "good behavior," Thank you for allowing me to make a responce. I wish she could read it.
I think there are plenty of "best girls " (I am an American living overseas) who are not appearing in beauty pageants!

First | Prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | Next Page | Last Page