Message Boards

Topic : 08/03 Caught in the Act

Number of Replies: 269
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 23, 2007, 02:18:10 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 03/02/07) Do you live on the edge without thinking about the consequences? Dr. Phil's first guest made headlines across America. Crowned Miss Nevada in October 2006, Katie Rees was dethroned two months later when pictures of her in compromising positions surfaced. Why does she say her punishment was unfair? Then, David admits that he used to sneak out of the house in the middle of the night to have sex with another woman while his wife, Sara, slept. He got away with it for a while, until Sara woke up and went knocking on the other woman's door, catching David with his pants down. Should Sara give David another chance, or is David not ready to make a change? Dr. Phil has some tough questions for him. And, Kendra, 26, has been shoplifting since she was 9 years old. She's been to jail once and is currently on probation, but says she just can't stop stealing. You won't believe who taught her how to do this! Dr. Phil has a strong warning for this mother of three. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 1, 2007, 1:43 pm CST

03/02 Caught in the Act

Quote From: afraid

well im not shure where you live but here in georgia we wont see this show till tomorrow and that date will be 2/2/07, unless something really big happens.
gosh i need to learn to count dont i hahahahaah that date woud be  3/2/07, im suprised some one hasnt brought this to my att  lol, it did take me quite a while before i caught this,  lol bet you thought i was on drugs or something.

March 1, 2007, 4:33 pm CST

????

Quote From: chantlerob

Dear Sahra if you  whant to save your marriage with david and if david is truly sorry for what he has done , ask him if he would agree to be put under  LOCK- AND- KEY to prove that he is willing to be  trusted agian and  under no sercumstasiance let him to the actsess to the  key to  a chasaity belt and follow through with consultation in marriage and maybe  if he is truly sorry than you will both will have the marriage of a trusting relationship because you have the power over his sex ,  try it  you will find that this does work very well and he will do anything for your forgiveness and anything else you ask of him !

if he is truly sorry than you will both will have the marriage of a trusting relationship because you have the power over his sex ,  try it  you will find that this does work very well and he will do anything for your forgiveness and anything else you ask of him !

Im sorry, and I missing something here ?  Since when does a wife have power over her husbands sex ???   He cheats.  In my world he'd be history long ago.

March 1, 2007, 5:12 pm CST

03/02 Caught in the Act

This is just another symptom of how we as a society are circling the drain.  There is no morality, no sense of family. Truth be told I think Dr. Phil and my dad are the only men I know of who do not cheat on their wives. Decency is out the window, and "do what feels good " is still the name of the game.

We dont value eachother anymore. We dont value marriage. We dont value our vows,  or family. No one wants to be singled out as "mean"  and we as a society dont want to be "judgemental" so we point and snicker at the news reports of our favorite stars on some madam's list. Our media fabricates stories of "mystery disease" that killed Anna Nicole Smith.   No one is held accountable in court of public opinion until they commit outright slaughter.  We used to be better people.  We used to know a lie when we saw one.

Now we fret over Jen and Brad ???  (funny how you know who I mean huh ? )

...80% of women are against marriage. For those who say "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free"... I say this... Why by a whole pig, just to get a little sausage".   Andy Rooney.

AMEN.

March 1, 2007, 6:04 pm CST

03/02 Caught in the Act

Quote From: trinket

This is just another symptom of how we as a society are circling the drain.  There is no morality, no sense of family. Truth be told I think Dr. Phil and my dad are the only men I know of who do not cheat on their wives. Decency is out the window, and "do what feels good " is still the name of the game.

We dont value eachother anymore. We dont value marriage. We dont value our vows,  or family. No one wants to be singled out as "mean"  and we as a society dont want to be "judgemental" so we point and snicker at the news reports of our favorite stars on some madam's list. Our media fabricates stories of "mystery disease" that killed Anna Nicole Smith.   No one is held accountable in court of public opinion until they commit outright slaughter.  We used to be better people.  We used to know a lie when we saw one.

...80% of women are against marriage. For those who say "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free"... I say this... Why by a whole pig, just to get a little sausage".   Andy Rooney.

AMEN.

This is a bit over the top fatalistic isn't it?

March 1, 2007, 6:19 pm CST

This is what is wrong with girls today....

Justifications for immoral conduct caught on film:

Miss Universe messed up and got a 2nd chance and so should I

I was young and stupid

It was all in good fun, noone got hurt

It was noone elses' business

I didn't know that I signed a contract

Everyone has skeletons in their closet

It was only one time

If it were a man, it wouldn't be a big deal

This is not who I really am

I am not a role model

The problem is that women are actually believing these justifications cancel out bad decisions!  It's completely unrealistic and nonsensical.   It's those pesky justifications that perpetuate these self-destructive behaviors by young women!  Those are things you get to tell your parents or friends or boyfriend...  people that know you well and can judge for themselves whether it's really "you" or not.  But for any stranger looking on, that is exactly who you are, and if you want them to think differently then you make different choices...  you don't excuse bad choices and pout and whine and say how unfair life is. 

Hello.  News flash: Life Is Unfair!  But life is also pretty predictable.  Life is all about consequences.  Everyone deals with consequences: good, bad, or indifferent... some that you can predict and some that you can't.  We've all made bad choices and we all live with the consequences.  (Even all the Parises and Britneys, whether we see it or not.)

I close with the most honest statement out of Katie's mouth, whether she knows it or not:

"Hey, if you got it, flaunt it."  Right now, that's the real choice she's making... she just doesn't want to be judged negatively based on that choice.  It's where the majority of girls in this country are stuck nowadays:  wanting both wild and crazy fun without the negative consequences.  Oh well...  good luck with that strategy.  I think you're just borrowing trouble though.

March 2, 2007, 3:26 am CST

03/02 Caught in the Act

AMEN.

I absolutely agree.  Yes I know who Brad and Jen are and I don't even pay attention to those kinds of things!  (love the sausage comment!!!)

March 2, 2007, 5:59 am CST

Thieves, Cry Babies and Cheatin' Losers

I am SOOO TIRED of the types of people who KNOW THE RULES, break those rules and then cry foul! Sorry, but if the rules were in place before you signed up (thinking you wouldn't get caugh), than blame yourself! We are becoming a society that doesn't want to follow the rules, plays the victims, points fingers at others and refuses to look in the mirror to see who is the ONLY one to blame!

As for cheating, yes, people can change and can be forgiven, but someone who is untrustworthy time and time again (and jeopardizes the life of a spouse by affairs), has already LEFT the marriage! God wants us to do everything in our power to make marriage work (to honor our committments....an unpopular word these days), but constant affairs risk the life of the innocent spouse and that's a risk that should not be taken. HOWEVER, the person is truly sorry and committed to changing, s/he would NOT CHEAT twice. In this case, the loser cheated many times.

Shoplifting is stealing. A thief is a thief for WHATEVER reason. What a sorry role model for one's children. This pathetic mother is dooming her children to a life of arrests, jail and humiliation. I don't care WHO taught this mom how to steal. She's an adult now and can make her own choices. She's CHOOSING to be a thief. Do whatever it takes to stop your behavior; you OWE IT TO YOUR CHILDREN!

March 2, 2007, 6:01 am CST

"Few" is the word

Quote From: penny_lady

I personally know people who have had affairs and they moved on and were forgiven and never did it again.

It's a nice platitude, and people seem to fall in line on things that sound good, but "once a cheater always a cheater" isn't "always" true.

"Few" would be the word here. Just look at the stats of people who cheat and then marry their mistresses, etc.

When you can't trust your spouse (because he cheated with you), that's a lousy foundation on which to build a marriage. As Dr. Phil says, "Past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior."

Some do forgive, stop cheating and rekindle their marriages, but sadly they are not in the majority.

March 2, 2007, 6:17 am CST

In the pupil of the public eye

Miss Nevada was dethroned around the same time Miss USA went into rehab.  It was  sort of a campaign to make an example of what not to do.  When you win these prestigious titles, you have a responsibility to role model the ideal woman (smart, beautiful, and ethical) to girls.  I know some of these cameramen will get girls drunk and them have them pose in uncompromising positions and then post it on the internet.  That should be a criminal offense, but how would you know what someone's state of mind was when they signed a release form?  So now you tell them not to be victims, and how do you know what was done willingly?  That's the price of being in the limelight, you have to have this constant paranoia about who youre around and what you exude.

March 2, 2007, 6:27 am CST

The cow and the pig are different creatures!

AMEN.

Sorry, but Andy Rooney did not even consider the innate and societal difference of men and women. We may be equal to men, but we are different, which is often a very good thing. If we were too much alike, we wouldn't get along, wouldn't complement eachother and wouldn't be attracted to eachother. It's a fact that most women expect a man to have had many partners prior to marriage and it's a fact (sad perhaps) that most men would rather have a woman who had no or few sexual partners before he came along. I don't believe it's right or wrong; I believe it's a simple fact...part of our culture for whatever reasons.

And I DO NOT BELIEVE that 80% of women are "against marriage." I believe many women have been hurt, feel wronged and are afraid to give their hearts away a second time (or third, or fourth, etc). Most women would jump at the chance to be marriaged if marriage came with a guarantee of happiness, fidelity, etc. Unfortunately, life doesn't work that way. Life is what we make it.

Your father and Dr. phil are NOT the only men to have not cheated. How low you think of men! I have been married to a SUPER husband (and father) for 18 years. We are a tight-knit family....going to mass together weekly, spending our free time together, raising the children together and seldom NOT getting along. We are lovers, the best of friends and we respect eacother. He has NEVER called me a bad name since we met 20 years ago! And when I gained 100 lbs over our 18 years of marriage, he never stopped calling me "beautiful" or wanting intimacy often. All my friends are happily married (in first marriages) and all have similar relationships. I believe it has to do with peoples' attitude about God, committment, respect and all those other things that are the glue that hold families together.

I do agree that morality and sense of family have declined horribly. But that's a choice people make. They are adults who can change their circumstances and attittudes if they so wish. Hopefully they will one day realize that they are either giving their children gifts or burdens by their own adult actions and behaviors. May more people start giving their children the GIFT of a strong, unified, faithful family!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last