Message Boards

Topic : 08/03 Caught in the Act

Number of Replies: 269
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 23, 2007, 02:18:10 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 03/02/07) Do you live on the edge without thinking about the consequences? Dr. Phil's first guest made headlines across America. Crowned Miss Nevada in October 2006, Katie Rees was dethroned two months later when pictures of her in compromising positions surfaced. Why does she say her punishment was unfair? Then, David admits that he used to sneak out of the house in the middle of the night to have sex with another woman while his wife, Sara, slept. He got away with it for a while, until Sara woke up and went knocking on the other woman's door, catching David with his pants down. Should Sara give David another chance, or is David not ready to make a change? Dr. Phil has some tough questions for him. And, Kendra, 26, has been shoplifting since she was 9 years old. She's been to jail once and is currently on probation, but says she just can't stop stealing. You won't believe who taught her how to do this! Dr. Phil has a strong warning for this mother of three. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 2, 2007, 6:56 am CST

Oh, I forgot....

Quote From: gwarrior6

Miss Nevada was dethroned around the same time Miss USA went into rehab.  It was  sort of a campaign to make an example of what not to do.  When you win these prestigious titles, you have a responsibility to role model the ideal woman (smart, beautiful, and ethical) to girls.  I know some of these cameramen will get girls drunk and them have them pose in uncompromising positions and then post it on the internet.  That should be a criminal offense, but how would you know what someone's state of mind was when they signed a release form?  So now you tell them not to be victims, and how do you know what was done willingly?  That's the price of being in the limelight, you have to have this constant paranoia about who youre around and what you exude.
I forgot to preface by saying that Miss Nevada wasn't in the situation I described, but I could see how that could be a future problem.  It's a nasty little slippery slope, so put on your paranoia cleats.

March 2, 2007, 7:00 am CST

Why oh Why

Do these women stay in relationships with philandering dirtbags??? there are plenty of nice monogomy minded men in the world.  Believe me I have been on both sides of this fence.

March 2, 2007, 7:52 am CST

Caught in the middle

What if a child were to be brought into the word due to this selfishness.  I am that child.  Another selfish act 44 years ago.  Can you fathom how this affects a child?  I guess not.  All I can say I deal with unspeakable, pain, betrayal, shame, and anger.  All I have to ask is "Was it worth it?".

March 2, 2007, 8:01 am CST

cheated on

I have been married for over 8 years, my husband I have always talked about faithfulness and I thought we agreed there was no way it would happen to us. But guess what he slipped up, for 2 months he was having an affair and I had no clue, he didn't change the way he acted or anything. I always told him as strong as our marriage was I thought I'd be able to forgive him if he was the one that told me and it was not with someone that I knew, well he didn't tell me she did and I knew her very well. Now I don't know what to do, we have a daughter that I don't want raised in a broken home, but at what cost to myself?

March 2, 2007, 8:08 am CST

No wonder children are confused

The lawyer double spoke throughout the show. It is tragic that the most important component of character and success, integrity, is the least revered. It's not monetary success or academic accomplishments. I feel so sorry for the women and children in society, being stuck with the likes of this attorney, in order to have a family. I don't get it. Society unravels one family at a time.

March 2, 2007, 8:09 am CST

This guy is disturbed

Poor Sara.  David is an awful person who is endangering the lives of his children and wife by sleeping with diseased women.  He is all into the drama and doesn't really care who he hurts in his pursuit of his own ego.

The show is on today - I can't wait to watch it.

March 2, 2007, 8:12 am CST

03/02 Caught in the Act

i must admit i watched you Dr Phil with the attorney with a chuckle, the very idea that you were taking a cheap shot heheheh, but i must admit he seemed to not want to challenge you on the evidence, i was very impressed to see him except your ruling in this matter, good job, you saved a dad and a marriage.

March 2, 2007, 8:22 am CST

Listen with your head!

Quote From: cheatedon1time

I have been married for over 8 years, my husband I have always talked about faithfulness and I thought we agreed there was no way it would happen to us. But guess what he slipped up, for 2 months he was having an affair and I had no clue, he didn't change the way he acted or anything. I always told him as strong as our marriage was I thought I'd be able to forgive him if he was the one that told me and it was not with someone that I knew, well he didn't tell me she did and I knew her very well. Now I don't know what to do, we have a daughter that I don't want raised in a broken home, but at what cost to myself?

Listen with your head, not your heart.

DEEP DOWN you know if this is a remorseful man who hates himself for what he has done and will never do it again OR if this is a man who is only sorry he got caught and will continue to cheat on you.

Once you can answer that question HONESTLY, you'll know what you need to do. God wants us all to honor our committments and stay loyal to eachother and there are people who cheat once, feel incredibly bad about it and never do it again. However, there are many more who make the choice to continue such immoral behavior. The cost in the latter instance may be your life.....your daughter could lose her mother to HIV/Aids.

Again, listen with your head and listen to that little voice on your shoulder that really does know which category your husband falls into.... God bless you and your daughter...and even him.

March 2, 2007, 8:33 am CST

Your daughter is a smart cookie

Quote From: ceildh1

My own daughter asked me, if these contests are about scholarships, talent and poise, then why aren't any of them overweight, or plain janes ?  Why the swimsuit competition and the evening gowns, and why don't they come on stage with a ponytail and no makeup and a sweat suit ?  If they are so poised and talented, and want a scholarship, then they should be able to pull it off shouldn't they ?

I would venture to guess that every intelligent individual in this country knows (by now) that a beauty pageant is really about physical beauty. If it were not, there would be heavy girls, ugly girls, short girls (etc) because brains and talent come in all shapes and sizes.

I stopped watching these shows decades ago and our own pre-teen daughter isn't even interestdd in them. Hopefully, one day, society will get to the point where outside beauty pageants mean NOTHING, celebrities mean NOTHING, sports stars mean nothing, fame and fortune and looks mean NOTHING, etc. Until that time, we'll continue to have lousy relationships, a lack of values/ethics and many problems in our lives.

March 2, 2007, 9:06 am CST

I Concur

Quote From: flthomcat

Listen with your head, not your heart.

DEEP DOWN you know if this is a remorseful man who hates himself for what he has done and will never do it again OR if this is a man who is only sorry he got caught and will continue to cheat on you.

Once you can answer that question HONESTLY, you'll know what you need to do. God wants us all to honor our committments and stay loyal to eachother and there are people who cheat once, feel incredibly bad about it and never do it again. However, there are many more who make the choice to continue such immoral behavior. The cost in the latter instance may be your life.....your daughter could lose her mother to HIV/Aids.

Again, listen with your head and listen to that little voice on your shoulder that really does know which category your husband falls into.... God bless you and your daughter...and even him.

There is not a "one size fits all" solution here, only yours. flthomcat put it exquisitely well about listening with your head.

Deep Down, you will know whether to take the physical, mental, and emotional risk to trust him again, with the payoff of a repaired, renewed relationship and happy home, or cut your losses and leave.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last