Message Boards

Topic : 03/08 The Scott Peterson Jurors

Number of Replies: 113
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 02, 2007, 12:03:32 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The 2002 Christmas Eve disappearance of Laci Peterson and her unborn son, Conner, caught the attention of the nation and started a massive search for the beautiful pregnant wife. But as the case unfolded, the obsession with this story turned into outrage. Ultimately, 12 jurors not only found Scott Peterson guilty of killing his wife and his unborn child, they unanimously voted that he be put to death by lethal injection. For nearly six months the jurors submersed themselves in a case of cold-blooded murder; and now, in a daytime exclusive, they join Dr. Phil to tell their incredible story. The graphic photos shown in court of what was left of Laci and her unborn child, Conner, are so haunting that they have been forever sealed -- never to be shown to the public. Could what the jurors saw have been traumatic enough to scar them forever? Then, one of these jurors did the unimaginable. After sentencing Scott Peterson to death, she became his pen pal. Find out what his letters revealed to her.  Next, after taking six months away from their lives for the trial, some of the jurors emerged only to face death threats. One received a menacing letter which he never opened. Will he break the seal for Dr. Phil? Join the discussion!

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 8, 2007, 2:43 pm CST

Great post. Thank you.

Quote From: flrat69

Exactly how will this make Lacy and Conner able to rest in peace?  Why are you glad he is being executed?  I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I just don't follow the logic.  I suspect that (regardless of your religious beliefs) the deceased are no longer in a position of caring about these things.  I agree that the family will be better off once this chapter is over.  I have no idea how this is good for you unless you are either a relative or just blood thirsty.  I honestly don't understand why you're so passionate about this one particular case.

Thank you.

My beautiful 1st cousin was murdered (shot in the eye and in the neck at close range). Her boyfriend killer is serving a life sentence. I am a former parole officer. I am NOT soft on crime. However...

The death penalty does not bring closure. When life in prison is an option, the death penalty is simply a tool of revenge.

It costs more money to keep someone on death row (due to the cost of appeals) than to keep someone in prison for life. As a taxpayer, I'm not happy with that!

God would not insist on the blood of Peterson or any other monster. Life in prison keeps society protected from Scott. It's sad that many feel they NEED to get revenge by killing. It lowers us as human beings and children of God.

March 8, 2007, 2:51 pm CST

Peterson Jurors

I also agree that I would LOVE (not just like!) to see members of Scott Peterson's family, including atleast one of his parents, on an upcoming Dr. Phil show as well.

I obviously had watched todays Dr. Phil show and have just honestly started watching/recording Dr. Phil's shows. I think his shows are wonderful and always have some kind of point/message to get across that is beneficial to his guests as well as to his viewers/audience.

I am in complete shock what the jurors have all been through with this trial, during it as well as after it. I was 8 months pregnant with my first child, whom is a 5 year old boy now, and was very involved with watching news stories, CNN nonstop, as well as reading newpapers about Laci and as the days went on with her search as well as after she and her son were found. Even watching the show today put me back with what I was feeling 5 years ago. I am extremely happy that Scott was found guilty. I wish the best for all of the jurors and their families, of course for Laci's family, and I even wish the best for Scott's used-to-be mistress around the time of this tragedy.

Thank you Dr. Phil for doing this show, and I hope the jurors all get the help that they need to get through this, the protection from authorities regarding threats, and I hope to see a Dr. Phil show in the near future with Scott's family on it.

March 8, 2007, 3:22 pm CST

Help for the Jurors

God bless the jurors for their commitment & strength. I hope they are going to read this message board because I would like to share some 'Healing' techniques that worked for me. I spent the past 40 years suffering from a trauma that happened that many years ago & I stumbled onto guided imagery as a healing aid. I have tried many different kinds of therapy & was prescribed antidepressants for 11 years in order to help with my deep rooted anxiety (now I realize it was post tramatic stress disorder). In a desperate effort to make some real changes in myself (my deep self that remembers & allows the trauma I suffered years ago) I found Belleruth Naparstek's book "Invisible Hero's' staring at me in the local book store. I don't know what made me pick it up but I did & intregued I purchased it. To make a long story short, this book outlined for me that what I was going through (effects of trauma) were very real & there is something you can do about it. I got one of her guided imagery cd's & made myself a promise to commit to listening to it every day for 6 weeks. It's been a short 2 weeks & I am a different person. I cannot stress the value of this technique on helping overcome the effects of trauma, never before have I been able to live with myself so deeply & I feel I am almost complete. I weaned myself off the antidepressants & have never felt this settled & calm. The cd I got was called 'Healing Trauma (PTSD)' & I got it though www.healingjouneys,com . I have absolutely no affiliation with this company or Ms. Naparstek, I just want to share this very effective healing tool. Of course you should couple it with the appropriate therapist (NOT one that makes you relive the trauma, that's what I've done all these years & it just made it worse, find a therapist that uses guided imagery properly). I hope some of the brave jurors are able to read this posting & give the 'Healing Trauma (PTSD) cd a try, it's made a huge difference in me. Good Luck, Anniken

March 8, 2007, 3:26 pm CST

The Jurors in the Scott Peterson case and their book.

How nice it would be if the caring Jurors would donate the money from the proceeds of their book for a memorial fund for Lacy and Connor. 

I believe that most of us are aware of how hard it is to be a juror in a trial , and especially being a juror in a murder trial.   However,  I think it is wrong if they benefit monetarily from this book.  From my perspective that seems so wrong.

I was a juror twice and once in a murder, not a high profile murder trial. Nevertheless the trial was extremely difficult, but one finally goes on and one must realize that the decision that was reached was the right thing to do.

March 8, 2007, 3:43 pm CST

we dont know

I have never been a juror but after watching todays show, hope I never will be.

If the jurors do profit from the book, so be it, as they have been through hell and are not back yet. It will enlighten others who may be called upon to sit through a trial as well as put their feelings in print. In my opinion it would be wrong for Scott P. to profit from a book, but as for the jury, no. Who knows what has happened during the 5 mos trial, and it is therapeutic to write.

As for the one juror writing to Scott, I do not think it is crazy. We all deal with things differently, and if this is how she was attempting to turn the page, she was not hurting anyone. She was not going to visit him or bringing her 4 boys into it, so I dont see why she would be called crazy by some of the writers.

It is obvious to me the toll this case has taken on the jury, and they did what they were asked to do. God Bless them.

As for the death threats, I hope they find the loser and lock him in the same cell as Scott.

God Bless the jury and their families

March 8, 2007, 4:03 pm CST

DNA may well be on the envolope

Please be sure to preserve the envolope, perhaps the sender has left it on the back of the stamp or while sealing the envolope.     

March 8, 2007, 4:20 pm CST

Selling a Book

I have as much sympathy for Lacy's family as anyone & think this case was a terrible tragedy, and I also feel that Scott Peterson was guilty & was glad that justice was served.   I also feel that the jurors went thru a very traumatic ordeal and can understand why they would have problems dealing with what they had to see & hear.  I'm also sure their decision to find Scott Peterson guilty was heartwrenching.  But do not ever think that their appearance on the Dr.Phil Show today was for any purpose other than to SELL their book.....it's all about the $$$$ now.  

And I may be cynical & dead wrong about this, but regarding the redheaded juror who became a pen pal to Scott Peterson after his conviction.....I'm not sure I buy her story about just wanting to hear him admit he "did it".  Or does she just want publicity in order to capitalize on it?  She even admitted she "might" try to contact him again in the future. 

March 8, 2007, 4:33 pm CST

To Dr. Phil

Dr. Phil, I have to say good bye. I've lost the channel in which I've been watching you from my tv. programing.

I've always liked your show, so keep it up!

Almaroja

March 8, 2007, 4:44 pm CST

03/08 The Scott Peterson Jurors

Quote From: kaysquare

I have as much sympathy for Lacy's family as anyone & think this case was a terrible tragedy, and I also feel that Scott Peterson was guilty & was glad that justice was served.   I also feel that the jurors went thru a very traumatic ordeal and can understand why they would have problems dealing with what they had to see & hear.  I'm also sure their decision to find Scott Peterson guilty was heartwrenching.  But do not ever think that their appearance on the Dr.Phil Show today was for any purpose other than to SELL their book.....it's all about the $$$$ now.  

And I may be cynical & dead wrong about this, but regarding the redheaded juror who became a pen pal to Scott Peterson after his conviction.....I'm not sure I buy her story about just wanting to hear him admit he "did it".  Or does she just want publicity in order to capitalize on it?  She even admitted she "might" try to contact him again in the future. 

nha i dont think she wants money from a story, lol hell look at the OJ simpson story, he even admits now he killed his wife , thank god he cant get money to spend from it,!!! to hell with  OJ.!!!

March 8, 2007, 4:50 pm CST

03/08 The Scott Peterson Jurors

Quote From: almaroja

Dr. Phil, I have to say good bye. I've lost the channel in which I've been watching you from my tv. programing.

I've always liked your show, so keep it up!

Almaroja

OHHH THIS IS HEART BREAKING, MAYBE YOU CAN KEEP UP WITH THE SHOWS ON LINE . just a thought on my part, i know its not the same as watching the shows tho, im sorry for ya i really am.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last