Message Boards

Topic : 03/09 Dominating Spouses

Number of Replies: 258
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 02, 2007, 12:04:18 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil’s guests are tired of being bullied and bossed around by their spouses. They say they are treated like personal assistants, and their lives have become an emotional roller coaster because of their partners' domineering ways. Jodi wants to confront her husband, Frank, who admits he’s a chauvinist. Frank says a woman’s role is to serve the husband, but Jodi says, “Not after today!” After 14 years of being at his beck and call, will Jodi be able to stand up to her husband and demand respect? Then, Ahnika wants her brother-in-law to get a backbone and finally stand up to her controlling sister! She says Sarissa walks all over her husband, Jason, and if she doesn’t change her domineering ways, he’s going to wise up and leave her. Sarissa says she’s forced to take control because her husband doesn’t know how to wear the pants in the family, but Jason says it’s easier to shut down than it is to fight. Can this couple find balance in their family roles? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 24, 2007, 10:20 am CDT

nice pic

Quote From: afraid

hears you one mamawolf, this is one of my favorites, she be a white snow wolf.
now thats anice pic of the white wolf

March 24, 2007, 10:33 am CDT

03/09 Dominating Spouses

Quote From: julie1418

Responsible women use birth control.

And what do responsible men do?

use a condom silly

March 31, 2007, 10:07 am CDT

I'm a Women that way

I am a very controlling wife, sometimed down right mean. I think I do it because I get away with it and he says nothing to defend himself.

April 2, 2007, 6:12 pm CDT

03/09 Dominating Spouses

Quote From: misshottemper

I am a very controlling wife, sometimed down right mean. I think I do it because I get away with it and he says nothing to defend himself.
What is your "reward" for doing this to your husband? You love him, so why would you be mean to him? What are you getting out of it?

April 4, 2007, 3:27 pm CDT

I Don't Know!!!

Quote From: penny_lady

What is your "reward" for doing this to your husband? You love him, so why would you be mean to him? What are you getting out of it?
I've never said that I get anything out of it. I feel horrible when I do it. I do love him dearly, but I really do have a bad temper, witch I am working on.

May 23, 2007, 12:31 pm CDT

dominating spouse

A long long time ago during the farming age the men went out and farmed, hunted and took care of basic neccesities for the family to surviive.  the wife took care of the home and played an important role raising the children.  The industrial age came along and the mom decided she did not want to stay in the house and went out and got a job.  Then day care came along and then the child was being raised by another adult.  Mom then decide she wanted equal rights.  Remember the ad :You've come a long way baby' should have said "You're going the wrong way baby"      Now there are more women in politics. in the military, in sports, and in prisons.  Couples should have an agreement of what is acceptable and what is not when it comes to raising children.  They should also have a mutual understanding of what their roles are and that of their spouse..  Being a dominating spouse turns the family upside down.

May 23, 2007, 12:32 pm CDT

dominating spouse

A long long time ago during the farming age the men went out and farmed, hunted and took care of basic neccesities for the family to surviive.  the wife took care of the home and played an important role raising the children.  The industrial age came along and the mom decided she did not want to stay in the house and went out and got a job.  Then day care came along and then the child was being raised by another adult.  Mom then decide she wanted equal rights.  Remember the ad :You've come a long way baby' should have said "You're going the wrong way baby"      Now there are more women in politics. in the military, in sports, and in prisons.  Couples should have an agreement of what is acceptable and what is not when it comes to raising children.  They should also have a mutual understanding of what their roles are and that of their spouse..  Being a dominating spouse turns the family upside down.

March 6, 2008, 10:51 am CST

Married a dud instead of a dude lol

I find myself in a situation I never thought I would be in. I met my husband on the internet 8 years ago. Married him 6 years ago and now regret it every single day. He is a controlling person both emotionally and financially. I left almost everything I had to move here and marry him and now I cant even afford to pay attention even though I have a good job. What do you do to begin to get out of this? I have never been married before so I also have never been divorced. Talking to a lawyer today. Hopefully it will give me some insight to what my rights are. I just dont want to lose my daughter. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

First | Prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | Next Page | Last Page