Message Boards

Topic : Phil to the 7th Power Exercise Club

Number of Replies: 3394
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, July 06, 2005, 12:45:13 pm
Author : dataimport
We--as members of the Powerful Phil's Phormerly Phat Phabulous Phifties Phriends-- realize that in order to get our weight down and then keep it off, we must be vigilant about exercising as well as eating healthy. We will report on this discussion board the date, duration, and type of exercise performed.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 16, 2008, 6:08 am CDT

hey all

good lord..............this is my last day off of the 12 days  I had.  where oh where did those days go to already?  i accomplished almost.................NOTHING..............I need to have these days back, and not be sick.  thankfully the cough is finally starting to let go.

Andie..................................good for you that jury duty is over.   my MIL was called 3 times in 1 year.  i didnt think that could happen.  hubby has been called for next year.  i havent been called yet...............thank goodness.

Goldie.............good that you are walking even if its only a little.  and still going with Curves.  wish i could say i have stuck with something that long, but i cant.

oh well, maybe i can get something done on my 6 days off starting Friday.  My new office furniture comes the end of October so at least I have some time to get the room ready.

will check in later.

hugs to all

teresa

September 16, 2008, 3:18 pm CDT

another 24 hours

Just opened the shop.    Been to curves gym and done the  two circuits.    The instructors are  so  patient.   Now  I am working anarobically  I find my muscles  are feeling it more and I  really  know that I need the protein  in my diet. 

Another beautiful spring/summer day.   Perfect for  being alive and able to walk.

Teresa  Hugs  you  have so been keeping at things  a long time.    Curves has become a habit for me now and is one of the few  things I do that is beneficial to myself.  

Andie   - you are inspiratinal to me  to   keep  on plugging at getting this weight  down.

Dr Phil's  words ringing in my ears  at the moment are  :- If you keep doing things the same you will get the same results!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 16, 2008, 11:18 pm CDT

/Teresa and Goldie/

How wonderful it is to see you two posting!  Others may come and go, but we three are faithful!  Tonight was the first show of "Biggest Loser", so you both know I was watching it.  I didn't do a Leslie Sansone dvd tonight, but I walked vigorously during the commercials.

Let's see what the pedometer says.  15,502--over 3 miles for me.

I'll check with both of you tomorrow.  For now, it's off to bed.

:) Andiepie17

September 17, 2008, 4:13 pm CDT

laughing here

Andie pie   if I had even   hinted that you would  be out front leading an exercise  class a year ago  -  you  would have just laughed  hehe.

Way to go.    What  fun.  

Teresa  still working   crazy hours    :)   see you  have stuck to something a long time.   HUGS

Off  to shower then curves circuits  - it is a hawaiian theme day  so i will wear a lei and a flower in my hair   which i will let loose.  (comes way down my  back ).  I was going to  wear a mau mau..........however  i  look  like  a  huge  whale in it.   With the dark   gym pants and top   at least that is disguised a little.

Water  ok. 

Food  needs  some  preparing.     

September 18, 2008, 8:09 pm CDT

Don't die of shock because I am here!!!!

Quote From: andiepie15

How wonderful it is to see you two posting!  Others may come and go, but we three are faithful!  Tonight was the first show of "Biggest Loser", so you both know I was watching it.  I didn't do a Leslie Sansone dvd tonight, but I walked vigorously during the commercials.

Let's see what the pedometer says.  15,502--over 3 miles for me.

I'll check with both of you tomorrow.  For now, it's off to bed.

Hi lovely ladies.

Andiepie, I just wanted to ask you what kind or make of a pedometer you have and where you got it. I have had several over the years and find that after about 2 weeks or so they don't work anymore. I keep taking them back and they replace them, but eventually I get fed up with doing that and just give up on it. Then later I try a different make of one and go through the same thing with it. So I am wondering if you have found the ultimate pedometer and if so what is it.

I desperately need to start doing some exercising while I am till able to. I know there are lots of exercises I can't do, but it would help if I even do a little bit for now and hopefully will be able to build on it. I have a lot of problems with my hips and legs which makes walking difficult, but even if I managed 5 or 10 minutes at a time would be better than nothing. I have been doing leg lifts when I am sitting down and see a huge improvement in my ability to climb stairs again.....so I know that every little bit of exercise helps.

I am really impressed with the way you and Esmay continue to exercise everyday and would like to get myself motivated to do the same.

Hugs, Marion

September 19, 2008, 12:57 am CDT

ladies :)

Yay  Marion  so nice to see you.         Andie pie  that is awesome mileage.     Today I went to the curves and did the two circuits.    

This morning  i  started  cleaning down the walls of the bathroom.   I am now aware of  moving more. 

Marion you said it so well.    To use it before  we lose it.  HUGS.

September 22, 2008, 1:25 pm CDT

/Marion/

Quote From: sneeeezer

Hi lovely ladies.

Andiepie, I just wanted to ask you what kind or make of a pedometer you have and where you got it. I have had several over the years and find that after about 2 weeks or so they don't work anymore. I keep taking them back and they replace them, but eventually I get fed up with doing that and just give up on it. Then later I try a different make of one and go through the same thing with it. So I am wondering if you have found the ultimate pedometer and if so what is it.

I desperately need to start doing some exercising while I am till able to. I know there are lots of exercises I can't do, but it would help if I even do a little bit for now and hopefully will be able to build on it. I have a lot of problems with my hips and legs which makes walking difficult, but even if I managed 5 or 10 minutes at a time would be better than nothing. I have been doing leg lifts when I am sitting down and see a huge improvement in my ability to climb stairs again.....so I know that every little bit of exercise helps.

I am really impressed with the way you and Esmay continue to exercise everyday and would like to get myself motivated to do the same.

Hugs, Marion

/   get mine at Wal-Mart.  The brand is called "GO Walking".  They usually last quite a while if I don't leave it out in the heat.

You're right.  Exercise really does help!

:) Andiepie17I

September 22, 2008, 1:28 pm CDT

/Goldie/

Quote From: goldienz

Yay  Marion  so nice to see you.         Andie pie  that is awesome mileage.     Today I went to the curves and did the two circuits.    

This morning  i  started  cleaning down the walls of the bathroom.   I am now aware of  moving more. 

Marion you said it so well.    To use it before  we lose it.  HUGS.

Wow are you ever exercising!  Two circuits at Curves and cleaning the bathroom walls!

September 22, 2008, 1:36 pm CDT

/Sorry I couldn't let you all know.../

that I'd be out of touch.  I'll be flying back from Washington state today.  I was up here over the weekend for my granddaughter's baptism.

My granddaughter likes to exercise along with me, and it's a real pleasure to see her moving her feet to the Leslie Sansone tapes.

I did the LS 1 mile on Saturday, and I did the LS 3 Sunday and Monday (today).

:)  Andiepie17

September 24, 2008, 10:12 am CDT

/Now that I've got a working vhs player.../

I was able to do one of my old videos to exercise last night.  It was a Kathy Smith video, but I can't think of the name of it.  I did about 30 minutes of it, and I used my 1 pound weight wrist bands.

I really missed my vhs player when it died, so my sister Lisa looked up some information on vhs/dvd players.  I bought one last week.  With both the vhs tapes and dvds, I should now get some variety in my exercising.

I gained 2 pounds on vacation, and I'm hoping I can get  it back off quickly.  I'm going to try!

First | Prev | 330 | 331 | 332 | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339 | Next | Last