Message Boards

Topic : Phil to the 7th Power Exercise Club

Number of Replies: 3394
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, July 06, 2005, 12:45:13 pm
Author : dataimport
We--as members of the Powerful Phil's Phormerly Phat Phabulous Phifties Phriends-- realize that in order to get our weight down and then keep it off, we must be vigilant about exercising as well as eating healthy. We will report on this discussion board the date, duration, and type of exercise performed.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 7, 2005, 4:50 pm CDT

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

I'M HAPPY (REALLY) TO ANNOUNCE I TURNED 59 ON FRIDAY.  MY MOM AND I WENT UP TO OUR FAMILY'S CABIN THURSDAY EVENING, AND SPENT SOME TOGETHER TIME IN A COOL, GREEN, AND HOMEY PLACE. 

I'M HOPING ALL OF YOU WILL COUNT AT LEAST TWO AND SOMETIMES THREE TRIPS UP AND DOWN THE 29 STEPS BETWEEN THE ROAD AND THE CABIN AS MY OMC MINUTES FOR EACH DAY.  DID I MENTION I WAS CARRYING PURSES, GROCERIES, RECYCLES, TRASH, ETC.?  MY MOM KEEPS INSISTING I SHOULD LET HER DO MORE CARRYING, BUT SHE TURNED 83 LAST TUESDAY AND HAS AN ARTIFICIAL HIP AND AN ARTIFICIAL KNEE.  SO I'M MORE CONCERNED WITH HER GETTING HERSELF UP AND DOWN...SHE DID CARRY HER PURSE AT LEAST ONCE.  WHAT A STUBBORN WOMAN!  i GUESS YOU CAN SEE WHO I GET IT FROM. 

ANYWAY,  IT'S GREAT TO SEE ALL OF YOU HERE.  I MAY BE ABLE TO CHECK IN ON THURSDAY AT THE SENIOR CENTER..AND FOR SURE I'LL BE BACK NEXT SATURDAY OR SUNDAY. 

HUGS TO ALL! 

ANDIEPIE17 

177/ 129/ 125 

P.S.  I THINK I READ SOMEWHERE HERE THAT SOMEONE WANTED TO KNOW IF 125 IS MY GOAL WEIGHT.  IT IS; MANY DECADES AGO I WEIGHED 125.  EVEN THOUGH MY PERSONAL LIFE WAS YUCKY AT THE TIME, PHYSICALLY I FELT REALLY GOOD AT 125.  THAT'S WHY I'M TRYING FOR IT AGAIN.  THIS TIME I WILL STAY AROUND 125 AND NOT LET "YUCKY" THINGS ADD THE POUNDS B ACK! 

August 8, 2005, 5:10 am CDT

Andie Pie

Happy Birthday to you. What a wonderful way to spend the day with your mom up at the cabin.  

Oh boy, I do know about lugging everything from the car to the cabin. That's certainly quite a workout. 

Enjoy your week. 

chilly 

August 8, 2005, 9:17 am CDT

HEY PHABULOUS PHRIENDS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDIEPIE!!!! SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! 

ANYTIME I CAN GO SOMEPLACE IS GREAT!!! 

THE ONLY PLACE I'VE GONE TODAY IS THE BODYSHOP AND BANK! LOL 

I RODE 8 MILES IN 50 MINUTES TODAY!! BOY WAS MY BUM NUMB!!! BUT I WILL GO THE WHOLE HOUR BEFORE THE WEEK IS OVER OR ELSE!!! THEN I WILL START WALKING SOME TOO! I'M NOTICING THESE THIGHS ARE SO JIGGLY THEY ARE REMINDING ME OF JELLO!!! 

HEY CHILLY DID YOU GET MY REFERENCE TO THE MOVIE CHILDREN OF THE CORN? LOL? 

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!! 

BECKY 

FROGHOP 

August 8, 2005, 1:47 pm CDT

Nanneybeck

8 miles in 50 minutes that's pretty good. More then I did. I wound up doing laundry, mopping floors and vacuuming then went to Wal Mart to get groceries so I was on the move. But not walking outside or bike or tape.  ........Children of the corn huh???? No sometimes I'm a bit slow...... ya know. 

(((((smiling)))))))))) 

Have a good day....looks like the rest of the week it will be a hot one......oh well. 

chilly 

August 10, 2005, 12:22 pm CDT

Hello Everyone!

Andiepie  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  Sorry I missed it!  Better late than never, as the saying goes!  Hope everyone is safe in this heat!  I have been taking care of my place and the neighbors while they are in Florida for three weeks.  Never again!  DOUBLE DUTY STINKS!  I just get my flowers and veggies watered and I have go go do hers.  In this heat, I feel like I am being punished.  We finally got rain after over 40 days of getting very little.  I don't think it will help the trees they have gone into stress mode and are shedding their leaves.  My yard needs raked!  The neighbors driveway is covered from the leaves that have fallen off the tree near their driveway.   

Glad everyone is working hard.  I have been using my computer time to do my exercises   I do them when it is cooler.  In this heat that is almost in the middle of the night!  I am also doing the 12 minutes of OMC for all the ones that used to post here and belong to that challenge.  Hope they are doing well with their weight loss program.  I hope the lack of messages from them is not a sign of their efforts in exercise.   

Have a Great Week Everyone! 

KIT 

August 10, 2005, 12:57 pm CDT

Andie pie

I have two theories! 

The moon phases cause the oceans to have high tide and low tides and I know a full moon does cause weird things.  See if your retension is due to the phase of the moon!  It would be interesting to see what you find.   

Also your clock in your brain does not shut down only the parts in the body.  So I am sure many still have things that go on in their bodies that is hormones listening to the brain. 

What does everyone else think? 

KIT 

August 10, 2005, 3:14 pm CDT

HEY PHABULOUS PHRIENDS

WELL, I AM SAD TO SAY IDID NOT MAKE MY GOAL OF 2 DAYS IN A ROW AT THE BODY SHOP AND WHATS MORE I DIDN'T EVEN MAKE IT THERE TODAY. BUT I DID DO SOME LAPS IN THE POOL TODAY AND I CLEANED THE DARN THING TOO! IT WAS HOT OUT THERE EVEN IN THE WATER. THERE WILL BE NO EXCUSE FOR NOT GOING TO THE BODY SHOP TOMORROW. I WILL NEED THE ENERGY GENERATED FROM I E TO GET BACK TO THE BASEMENT AND GET ENOUGH STUFF DONE TO HAVE THAT MUCH NEEDED YARD SALE SATURDAY...IN THE 95 DEGREE HEAT I MIGHT ADD. IM NOT SURE IT WILL BE WORTH THE EFFORT. BUT I WILL TRY ONE MORE TIME.....THIS IS IT!  

HAVE A GREAT DAY 

BECKY 

August 12, 2005, 8:05 pm CDT

Becky

Quote From: nannybeck

WELL, I AM SAD TO SAY IDID NOT MAKE MY GOAL OF 2 DAYS IN A ROW AT THE BODY SHOP AND WHATS MORE I DIDN'T EVEN MAKE IT THERE TODAY. BUT I DID DO SOME LAPS IN THE POOL TODAY AND I CLEANED THE DARN THING TOO! IT WAS HOT OUT THERE EVEN IN THE WATER. THERE WILL BE NO EXCUSE FOR NOT GOING TO THE BODY SHOP TOMORROW. I WILL NEED THE ENERGY GENERATED FROM I E TO GET BACK TO THE BASEMENT AND GET ENOUGH STUFF DONE TO HAVE THAT MUCH NEEDED YARD SALE SATURDAY...IN THE 95 DEGREE HEAT I MIGHT ADD. IM NOT SURE IT WILL BE WORTH THE EFFORT. BUT I WILL TRY ONE MORE TIME.....THIS IS IT!  

HAVE A GREAT DAY 

BECKY 

Well girl you are doing better then me with exercise. Just been unable to put the effort forth other then housework. My company is still here and we go out to eat quite a bit. the good thing is I am choosing wisely when we do but the ie is suffering.  Called at the pool and asked what it's like in there and if it's hot and humid outside it's bad inside as the pool area is not air conditioned so I called a friend to confirm and she said she doesn't even go to the gym to walk the track as it's just miserable inside and you'll pass out. So looks like it's back to tapes in the house early AM if at all. 

No ie tomorrow as I have company coming in the AM for the day into the evening. But that's okay. I'll just remember to choose wisely as I won't be doing ie to work off what I eat. 

As a matter of fact I'm giving a couple boxes of stuff to my visitors so I'm glad you are having a garage sale. That will feel great to get rid of some extra stuff.  Good for you 

chilly 

August 14, 2005, 8:40 am CDT

Hi everyone

I need some accountability in the IE department...really been struggling with it lately... 

So can you tell me just what you do here, so I can start doing too..? smiling.. 

Some of you here know me, and for those that don't it will be great to get to know you too..lol.. 

So shoot, and I will be accountable...thanks, 

Hugs , Karen 

August 14, 2005, 10:58 am CDT

Karen

Yea girlie I'll tell you what I'm doing.......I'm not!!!!!!!!!  Both you and I know the answer. It's simple just do it! Anything.  If you watch TV get up everytime a commercial comes on and walk your apt. I'm not kidding. I've done this sometimes. It's amazing how much exercise you get. Or just get up and do knee bends or standing push ups against the wall, or use bands. You'll find yourself saying those darn commercials cause you'll really be getting a workout. 

Remember less is more. Instead of a large chunk of time for us older gals I think 20 min ....30 min in the morning and 20 to 30 min later in the day is great and it's even better if you add another 20min after dinner....just take a walk.  We've got to use up these calories we are eating. 

You can do it.....keep moving. Pop Leslie Sansone's 1 mile in when you don't know what to do or don't feel like doing anything. That's better then doing nothing. I figure I have no excuse to pop the tape in and do the 1 mile.....just do it I tell myself.....except for the last week that is.....(((smiling)) 

chilly 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last