Message Boards

Topic : Phil to the 7th Power Exercise Club

Number of Replies: 3394
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, July 06, 2005, 12:45:13 pm
Author : dataimport
We--as members of the Powerful Phil's Phormerly Phat Phabulous Phifties Phriends-- realize that in order to get our weight down and then keep it off, we must be vigilant about exercising as well as eating healthy. We will report on this discussion board the date, duration, and type of exercise performed.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 14, 2005, 11:07 am CDT

Thanks Chilly..smiling

Quote From: kfcgirl23

Yea girlie I'll tell you what I'm doing.......I'm not!!!!!!!!!  Both you and I know the answer. It's simple just do it! Anything.  If you watch TV get up everytime a commercial comes on and walk your apt. I'm not kidding. I've done this sometimes. It's amazing how much exercise you get. Or just get up and do knee bends or standing push ups against the wall, or use bands. You'll find yourself saying those darn commercials cause you'll really be getting a workout. 

Remember less is more. Instead of a large chunk of time for us older gals I think 20 min ....30 min in the morning and 20 to 30 min later in the day is great and it's even better if you add another 20min after dinner....just take a walk.  We've got to use up these calories we are eating. 

You can do it.....keep moving. Pop Leslie Sansone's 1 mile in when you don't know what to do or don't feel like doing anything. That's better then doing nothing. I figure I have no excuse to pop the tape in and do the 1 mile.....just do it I tell myself.....except for the last week that is.....(((smiling)) 

chilly 

I was doing the 2 mile walk every morning , then I started working and somehow it got put aside again...lol...I don't watch TV but do move around alot...winking.. I heard something about you all doing so many minutes for each on the list..so how many on the list..lol..I agree it is important to just do it..and in increments makes more sense....so I will start with 15 in am , 15 after work and 15 after dinner and work my old body up...till I can do 30 at each interval...smiling... 

Thanks for the encouragement and reply...hope you're keeping cool, it is a warm one here today too...and I'm canning applesauce, sheeeeez think I need my head examined? lol 

Hugs, Karen 

August 14, 2005, 3:10 pm CDT

KAREN

Quote From: pg__smiley

I need some accountability in the IE department...really been struggling with it lately... 

So can you tell me just what you do here, so I can start doing too..? smiling.. 

Some of you here know me, and for those that don't it will be great to get to know you too..lol.. 

So shoot, and I will be accountable...thanks, 

Hugs , Karen 

HI, KAREN! 

YOU'VE FOUND THE RIGHT PLACE! 

wE POST WHAT WE'VE DONE IN THE  WAY OF EXERCISING.  WE ASK AND TRY TO ANSWER EACH OTHER'S QUESTIONS.  WE TRY TO ENCOURAGE EACH OTHER.  WE'VE ALL BECOME ONLINE BUDDIES BECAUSE WE ALL NEED THE ENCOURAGEMENT WE FIND RIGHT HERE. 

HOPE YOU WILL CONTINUE TO POST. 

:) ANDIEPIE17 

August 14, 2005, 3:21 pm CDT

STILL AT 129

HI, EVERYBODY! 

I'M SO GLAD ALL OF YOU ARE POSTING!  I PROMISE YOU'LL SEE MORE POSTS FROM ME WHEN I GET BACK TO WORK ON AUGUST 24TH BECAUSE I'LL BE NEAR A COMPUTER THAT WORKS...MOST OF THE TIME ANYWAY. 

I HAVE EXERCISED EVERYDAY...USUALLY ABOUT AN HOUR A DAY.  WHEN I'M AT HOME, I USE VIDEOS.  AT THE CABIN, I DO PILATES STRETCHES.  I'VE DONE FAIRLY WELL ON KEEPING UP WITH ONE MINUTE CHALLENGE USING WRISTBAND WEIGHTS AT HOME AND CANNED VEGETABLE TINS AT THE CABIN. 

MOUNTAIN MAMA, WHEN I'M AT HOME, I DO 16 SQUATS FOR YOU EACH DAY.  AT THE CABIN, UNFORTUNATELY, I'VE BEEN FORGETTING TO DO THEM.  I PROMISE I'LL DO THEM FROM NOW ON. 

EVERYBODY, IT'S TAKEN A LOT LONGER THAN I THOUGHT TO GET DOWN TO 125...AND I'M STILL 4 POUNDS AWAY.  BUT I TELL MYSELF THAT TAKING IT OFF SLOW MEANS THAT I 'LL BE MORE LIKELY TO KEEP IT OFF WHEN I GET THERE. 

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE BIRTHDAY GREETINGS! 

LOVE TO ALL FROM YOUR ANDIEPIE 

August 15, 2005, 3:02 am CDT

Karen

Quote From: pg__smiley

I was doing the 2 mile walk every morning , then I started working and somehow it got put aside again...lol...I don't watch TV but do move around alot...winking.. I heard something about you all doing so many minutes for each on the list..so how many on the list..lol..I agree it is important to just do it..and in increments makes more sense....so I will start with 15 in am , 15 after work and 15 after dinner and work my old body up...till I can do 30 at each interval...smiling... 

Thanks for the encouragement and reply...hope you're keeping cool, it is a warm one here today too...and I'm canning applesauce, sheeeeez think I need my head examined? lol 

Hugs, Karen 

Yeap, working will do that to you. You'll get back into a routine and so will I. I don't watch much TV either but do tend to put on a few shows at night. I imagine with your job you are getting a pretty good work out right there.  

Canning applesauce......haven't done that for a long time. Homemade is so good. 

Have a good week. 

chilly 

August 15, 2005, 3:19 pm CDT

Blue is still true!

Andie Pie and all our friends/ You know Blue's song never ends/ We are back and glad to say/ Hi AGAIN!!! to our friends today! Blue

August 15, 2005, 8:40 pm CDT

It's Alive!!!

Can’t believe they kept it/ Can’t believe it’s there!/ Blue Notes has survived the “CUT”/ And been ARCHIVED right here!/ We turned our back for just awhile/ Because we could not get on-line/ And when we came back “home” to check.../ Blue Notes was still just fine!!!/

There have been a lot of changes/ Some of them will take time/ So let’s all make the best of it/ When we meet on-line/ Some of us have lost the weight/ Others have pounds to go/ But every day in every way/ Let’s help each other grow/

We write these little rhymes TO YOU/ To make BOTH of our days brighter!!!/ We hope that this rhyme from Blue/ Has make your burden lighter! Andie
Thank you so much for filling “the chair” on Blue Notes during our move. Being “out of the office” was no vacation however, and I have much catching up to do. Anytime I can repay the favor you know where I’ll be. Thanks again!

Blue

August 16, 2005, 5:36 am CDT

HEY PHAB PHRIENDS

HI GANG! IM GLAD TO SEE SO MANY HERE LATELY! 

HOPE MM GETS TIME TO COME BACK AGAIN REAL SOON!  

I WENT TO THE BODY SHOP YESTERDAY AND RODE THE BIKE FOR 9 MILES IN 60 MIN. WHEW! THE NEW TV THEY PUT UP THERE SURE MAKES THE TIME FLY! I THINK IF I HAD A BIKE HERE I MIGHT ACTUALLY USE IT WHEN I WATCH TV.  I WALKED AND STRETCHED AFTERWARDS. IT WAS A NECESSITY LOL! BUT I FEEL GREAT THIS MORNING BUT WILL GET MY I E WALKING THE HALLS OF THE VETERANS HOSPITOL SINCE DH HAS APPOINTMENTS THERE THIS MORNING. 

HAVE A GREAT DAY ! DON'T FORGET TO DRINK PLENTY OF WATER!!! 

BECKY 

FROGHOP 

August 16, 2005, 7:14 am CDT

Hi Everybuddy

Good to see you Blue......yeap it does take some adjusting to get use to all the changes. They say change is good......hey who is "they anyway" ? Tee Hee 

Becky-well girlie you are certainly doing a great job at exercising. Yes, watching the tv does seem to make the time go faster when riding a bike. Keep up the great job. 

Andie Pie- well, girlfriend, you certainly are keeping up the rythm of exercising.......keep up the good work. Your body may be telling you that you are already perfect just the way you are. You have already succeeded you know. Keep up the exercise and food choices. You are a winner!!!! 

Yes MM---wherever you are hope everything is going well and that you'll have time to rejoin us in the not too distant future.  How's the foot doing????  

Everybuddy have a great day. 

chilly 

August 16, 2005, 7:42 am CDT

Good Morning

Hey chilly-one! We remember you!/ Thanks for your note to Blue!/ We’ve been away/ But did not stray/ “the Phil” has become a way of life/ No more DIETS! No more strife/ We have so much stuff to tell you guys/ Just TRUE BLUE! No fibs! No lies/ Can’t wait to talk to our folks over the fence/ Thanks to Dr. Phil and his LOW RENTS!!!

Blue

August 17, 2005, 9:12 am CDT

THANKS CHILLY

BUT I HOPE I AM ALWAYS ABLE TO EXERCISE CAUSE I FEEL LIKE CRAP WHEN I DON'T. 

THIS IS THE 3RD YEAR FOR ME! OMG I SHOULD HAVE LOST A WHOLE LOT MORE WEIGHT BUT I HAD THIS WEIGHT FOR A LONG LONG TIME AND I GUESS IT LIKES HANGING AROUND THIS MOVING BODY! HANGING BEING THE OPTIMUM WORD HERE! YUK! THAT'S THE ONLY BAD PART OF THIS TRANSFORMATION. HOPEFULL LOOSING THIS SLOWLY WILL PAY OFF IN THE LONG RUN AND SOME DAY THIS SKIN WILL SHRINK UP!  

I WENT TO THE BODY SHOP THIS MORNING AND RODE THE BIKE AN HOUR AGAIN. THAT'S 9 MORE MILES THIS WEEK. I MISSED YESTERDAY. MY GOAL IS TO MAKE IT 2 DAYS IN A ROW AGAIN. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR ME TO MAKE IT TOMORROW!!! THANKS!! 

THIS SUMMER HAS REALLY BEEN A BUSY ONE FOR ME. THE BASEMENT HAS A PATH AROUND 2 SIDES OF IT NOW. BUT I'M AT A LOSS AS TO WHERE TO GO FROM HERE. SO MANY BAGS OF TOYS AND CLOTHES. EVERYTHING MY 13 YR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER HAS EVER OWNED. AN SMALL EXAGERATION! LOL 

WELL  HAVE A GREAT DAY PHABULOUS PHRINDs! 

GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN BLUE!! 

BECKY 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last