Message Boards

Topic : Phil to the 7th Power Exercise Club

Number of Replies: 3394
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, July 06, 2005, 12:45:13 pm
Author : dataimport
We--as members of the Powerful Phil's Phormerly Phat Phabulous Phifties Phriends-- realize that in order to get our weight down and then keep it off, we must be vigilant about exercising as well as eating healthy. We will report on this discussion board the date, duration, and type of exercise performed.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 25, 2005, 8:27 pm CDT

Finally!

Glad we are all finding our way back to the boards.  Hello Everyone! 

KIT

July 26, 2005, 5:54 am CDT

GOOD MORNING LADIES

OH I THOUGHT THERE WAS AN AQUA CYCLE BESIDES THE NOODLES.  THE NOODLES DO WORK GREAT.

EXERCISE YESTERDAY WAS CLEANING THE REST OF THE CARPETING IN MY HOME. I DEFINITELY GOT A WORK OUT WITH ALL THE VACUUMING AND MOVING THINGS AROUND. TODAY IS NO HOUSEWORK DAY WELL, EXCEPT FOR THE LAUNDRY.......

EXERCISE WILL BE A 50 MIN DVD, SITUPS, PUSHUPS, LIGHT WEIGHTS AND ROUND IT OFF WITH LESLIE LATER.

HAVE A GOOD DAY.

CHILLY

July 26, 2005, 11:03 am CDT

WELL, I AM HERE

BUT I DON'T HAVE ANY I E TO REPORT AS I AM ON A VACATION WEEK WORKING WITH OUR CHURCH BIBLE SCHOOL. BELIEVE ME TEACHING 60 YOUNG PEOPLE TO MAKE A BIRDFEEDEER IS REALLY I E!!!!

BUT I WILL MAKE IT INTO THE POOL FOR A WHILE THIS AFTERNOON BEFORE I GO TO CHURCH!! LOWERING THE BODY TEMP IS ALMOST AS IMPORTANT AS I E THESE 100 DEGREE DAYS!!!

SO NEXT WEEK WILL BE A MUCH BETTER REPORT!!!

IF SOMEBODY HAS MM EMAIL SHE MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW WE ARE BACK ON DR PHIL...

(((HUGS)))

BECKY

FROGHOP

July 26, 2005, 12:18 pm CDT

WOW!

GLAD TO SEE ALL MY WONDERFUL PHRIENDS BACK ONLINE!

I WANT YOU ALL TO KNOW I HAVE BEEN EXERCISING--STARTED BACK 

DOING 10 OMC MINUTES YESTERDAY.  DO ALL OF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE THE OMC?

I FOUND A LESLIE SANSONE 3 MILE TAPE AT ROSS (A STORE)!  FOUND A 1 AND 2 MILE LESLIE TAPE AT WAL-MART SOME TIME AGO.

I'M TRYING TO EXERCISE ABOUT AN HOUR A DAY.  TODAY I EXERCISED AT THE SENIOR EXERCISE CLASS FOR AN HOUR.  WILL GO HOME AND DO A LESLIE TAPE THIS AFTERNOON.  I CAN SEE WHY YOU ALL SEEMTO LIKE HER VIDEOS SO WELL.

YESTERDAY, I HAD 6 NEIGHBORHOOD GIRLS DOING THE LESLIE 1 MILE VIDEO WITH ME.  IT WAS SURE FUN TO WATCH THOSE CUTIES TRYING TO KEEP WITH THE RHYTHM.  IF I'VE STARTED THESE YOUNGSTERS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION BY EXERCISING WITH THEM NOW AND THEN, I'LL FEEL LIKE I'VE HELPED IMPROVE THEIR HEALTH.

GUESS I'D BETTER FIND SOME LUNCH HERE AT MOM'S.  WILL CHECK IN WITH ALL OF YOU POSSIBLY THURSDAY.

:) ANDIEPIE17

177/ 127.5/ 125

July 26, 2005, 8:10 pm CDT

New to this site

and looking forward to increasing my IE.  I am so motivated by all of the post I've read.  Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

ML

July 26, 2005, 8:22 pm CDT

Chilli

The aqua bike exercise with the noodle is fun.  You change the benefits with the size of the circle you make while peddling.  Large slow warm up circles are not as much cardio as little kiddy tricycle circles that you can do fast.  Using your arms with or without weights are another way to add more of a workout using this tool.  Enjoy your aqua bike!   There is also a chair that you sit on that has a noodle to keep you boyant.  With it you can kick easier and use your arms more.  Good for those that don't swim or have back problems and need the extra support.  http://www.improvementscatalog.com/product.asp?product=239785zz&dept_id=12240&cm_ven=GoogleAdAuto&cm_cat=Outdoor_Recreation+Pool&cm_pla=Noodle_Pool_Chair&cm_ite=239785zz&code=macs=MP5WGGL

KIT

July 27, 2005, 7:00 am CDT

Palkit / Betty lou / Andie pie/becky

Morning ladies.  Welcome to (((((((Betty lou))))))) I wrote you on another board and I see you already have found us here. That's great.

(((((Palkit))))I haven't seen the pool chair over at the pool I use. I'll have to check that site out. Thanks....also I never thought about riding the noodles in large and small circles.......however I do have those swim gloves that add resistance to the water. Thanks for the info.

Exercise thus far was road recumbent bike 30 min.; sit ups, pushups, light weights.

Have a great day ladies.

chilly

July 28, 2005, 9:27 am CDT

Welcome Mary Lou!

Glad you found us and I hope you are not shy!  We all enjoy new ideas for Intensional Exercise to fulfil Key #6.  We are all working at different levels.  Personally I have enjoyed the fact that we all have favorite tapes we work out to and that some of us can attend classes.  Some of us stroll, some walk faster and some of us even run!  The common bond is we all enjoy what we are doing.  Hope you can find a variety of exercise that you can get benefit from. 

I have always enjoyed walking and enjoying nature.  I have always been athletic, enjoyed many sports.  My activity level dropped off with age and after an injury that I ignored I was forced back into exercising in physical therapy and now for the last 3 years that has been a big part of my daily routine. 

After physical therapy did what it could, I continued to exercise at a health club I joined.  I started out in the water classes and slowly added the circuit of machines (my least favoriet) and classes in the studio that include aerobics, yoga and tai chi and some tai bo.   Only thing I have failed at miserably is the spinning class.  My bottom does not fit that skinny seat! 

Hope to hear from you regulary!

YOUR PAL KIT

July 28, 2005, 9:46 am CDT

Chilli

Some pools don't supply you with the equipment but allow you to bring your own.  I have the gloves and ankle weights and wrist weights that are made for in the water.  I don't use the water shoes but know many in my classes that have purchased them and swear by them.  Our club does supply the noodles, kick boards and aqua dumbells.  I got very good results using the dumbells that come in three different weigh levels (5lb, 10lb, 15lb).  They also have a water barbell that is nice too. 

I have used the noodle under the arm pits and around the back to keep me afloat and the dumbells under the arm so I could do ab work in the water and twist smoothly protecting the back from a hard surface.  We also use the noodles for stretching,  range of motion and balance.  We have a whole routine that we do with the noodles, kickboards and aqua dumbells.  Glad you are enjoying working out in the water!  Keep up the good work!

YOUR PAL KIT

July 28, 2005, 10:43 am CDT

HI

JUST WANT YOU ALL TO KNOW I'M SWEATIN' AWAY THE POUNDS IN sO. CAL.  DID THE JANE FONDA VIDEO YESTERDAY--1 HOUR TOTAL WITH STRETCHES.  16 SQUATS FOR MM, AND 10 OMC MINUTES.  TODAY (7-28-05)  WILL DO THE LORI DEAN VIDEO AND THE 2 MILE LESLIE SANSONE--ABOUT AN HOUR TOTAL.  I'LL CATCH WITH ALL OF YOU SATURDAY.  WELCOME TO OUR NEWCOMER, AND AT A GIRLS FOR ALL THE REST OF YOU!

:) ANDIEPIE17

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last