Message Boards

Topic : 03/12 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 6

Number of Replies: 108
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 09, 2007, 12:37:32 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Four months have passed since Scott and Tara, John and Cherie, and Nic and Amanda moved out of The Dr. Phil House, armed with tools to save their crumbling marriages. One couple has curbed their fighting but now reveals an issue that the wife says is tearing them apart. Why did they keep it a secret from Dr. Phil? Then, a couple learning to work together sees the changes in their children but still struggles with issues from the past. Plus, a reinvigorated pair say they’re best friends again and falling back in love. Which marriages are thriving, and which one is hanging on by a thread? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 12, 2007, 3:39 pm CDT

Congratulations to the couples

Forgive me for not remembering the names of all the couples.  I am so happy for Amanda for working it out with her husband.  You did the right thing in quitting that exotic dancer job even though you made a ton of money in it.  I thought and still think that it was too much of a temptation to be around the man you had the affair with and you could have easily fallen back into the affair had you stayed in the job.  It is apparent your husband loves you.  I'm happy for you that you are working out your problems.

I think Cheri and her husband are getting better but they still have a long road ahead of them.  For the sake of thier kids I hope that they continue to grow toward each other instead of pulling apart. 

The other couple with the alcholic husband is the one I am most concerned about.  He won't admit he has a drinking problem. Until he admits he has a problem I don't see their marriage improving.  I do think the wife loves him.  She just can't put up with his drinking.  I couldn't either.  I would have been long gone from that relationship.

March 12, 2007, 3:46 pm CDT

Well said!

Quote From: momisme2

What I think is unfair is that in all these posts dissing Amanda, never once, on all these boards, have I read people complaining about the establishments that pay strippers the big bucks, or the MEN who frequent them so often its the reason WHY they pay the big bucks.  Talk about a double standard!  Sheesh!

Once again I will say it...  if I had the body and my husband would be all right with it, I would strip too!  I have a 19 yo working full time to go to college full time.  We help him some, but not NEAR as much as I want to or think we should.  I have a 16 yo daughter who will be a senior next year.  She wants, and has ALWAYS wanted to be a veterinarian.  This isnt just a little girls pipe dream either.  That child is the animal whisperer!  She save everything from kittens and dogs, to frogs and toads, baby bunnies(though she has never been able to save one of those as they are almost impossible to rescue) to even BATS!  (ewwwwwww!)  Now she is shying away from that dream of hers because the school counselors keep telling her long it will take and how much it will cost.  To me, THAT is the travesty!

If I could do it, I would strip 5 nights a week, rake in the big bucks, and send my three kids to college with that money.  And!  I wouldnt even feel bad about it!

Judge that!  LOL

Well said momsime2!!  I always enjoy reading your posts.  Keep them up!

March 12, 2007, 4:02 pm CDT

THEY GOT IT

I may not be a professional, but, it seems to me that Nic and Amanda got the message.  I couldn't help but notice that Amanda seemed so much prettier, softer and happier.  Nic looked more alive. 

I had an eighth grade teacher who stressed the importance of "Getting the message"...(he was fantastic) and it's so obvious that Nic and Amanda actually understood and took Dr. Phil's message to heart.  They're living proof of what we can all accomplish if we want it badly enough.  I wish them all the best and I'm inspired by them to do better in my own life.

March 12, 2007, 4:23 pm CDT

To Scott

Scott, I know you promised DrPhil that you wouldn't drink or substance abuse for 90 days. Maybe you won't. The thing is I have seen this before.I honestly believe that you are in denial. The most telling thing is that you are blaming it on someone else. If you REALLY want to quit, go into treatment. You are fooling yourself. If you do this long enough you will eventually believe that you really are doing it because of someone else.(even if Tara leaves you.) And by then you'll be so entrenched in alchohol that you will not be motivated to quit until your health prevents you from drinking. I have lived it myself and I would have been better off if my parents had split.My dad was just like you when he was your age. My mother just stayed and put up with it. Your daughter will pay for your actions in the end.(Or if you really do quit, she'll reap the rewards.)

March 12, 2007, 4:29 pm CDT

Come on now, Afraid.

Quote From: afraid

wow im burned out on this show  lol just too many parts over too long of a time frame.
I KNOW you got something to say. ( or at least post one of them purty wolves.)

March 12, 2007, 4:29 pm CDT

Man Camp

I hope Scott can get over his drinking problem.  I  also wanna say congratulations to the couples.  My mom had a drinking problem for maybe a year or two so I know what it's like to live with somebody whoes drinking.

March 12, 2007, 4:46 pm CDT

Tara careful what you wish for

Tara, My husband was a drinker.  I tip-toed around him when he was drinking and the days after.  We couldn't have a decent discussion while he was drinking because he wouldn't remember and we couldn't have a decent discussion the day after because he was hung over and grouchy.  I stayed with him because I didn't want our children to spend every other week-end with him.  What a life that would be.  Since we stayed together I could leave with the kids and give them a life.  Well, I prayed that he would quit drinking and he did -- he had a massive stroke and now doesn't drink, doesn't drive, doesn't work and is dependant on me.  I should have left when I had a chance.  Think about it -- you are young.  Get out while you can -- he isn't going to change.

March 12, 2007, 5:03 pm CDT

Well, do hope they will continue with these couples

Do hope they will continue with these couples.

Personally I was expecting more from this series and each episode expected the waiting to end....hoping sooner or later they would get into the nitty gritty of the problems with each couple. More counseling,  sitting down with Dr. Phil....examples, resolve and solutions.

A short time ago there was a show with a couple or two with similar problems and honestly they got into more with those couples in less than an hour than the whole series as it appeared on the weekly episodes of "Man Camp."

We the audience was just starting to get into the issues,  when suddenly they were all packing their bags and leaving the house, it was over. !  ?

Even todays show with all the couples at least delve into some "meat" of the matter.....with Scott and Tara at least.      But there were still too many generalities mentioned rather than concrete examples with Cheri and John...... of what happens when the couples are at home.  What they're doing or not doing.

It was refreshing to see Nick and Amanda appearing to work through things.

Overall....I was disappointed with this series....(highly unusual when it comes to  Dr. Phil's show) 

I do commend the couples for having the courage to come forward and putting it  out there for all to see. 

I truly hope they find the answers and happiness for  living and leading healthy functional lives.

Take care all.

March 12, 2007, 6:41 pm CDT

03/12 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 6

Quote From: ashleyash

I watch thoose shows when there where fighting and i dont think any of them are going to hang on.

-ash

I think they are going to work out Ash.  I just think some problems don't solve overnight.  And it's not that there is a mistake, but that the person keeps trying after the mistake.  When I first  started watching this series...  TRUTHFULLY, I thought that the only person there for LOVE was Tara.... I thought everyone else was there for different reasons:  kids, feeling trapped, and what ever other reason, but not necessarily love.  But I think there is feeling BEING IN LOVE and there is the LOVE that is doing the right thing because it is the right thing regardless of what you feel.  And I find the ENDING interesting and different than I would expect.  I think when you are in a committed relationship that one big mistake is TALKING TO THE WRONG PEOPLE about your problems... because BAD ADVICE helps to spin things way, way out of control because you are at a vulnerable place and SWAYED by what other people say that sometimes the best thing to do is the thing that is in your HEART that other people try to talk you out of.

March 12, 2007, 8:15 pm CDT

Tara

Tara  hasn't stopped blaming Scott for everything. She doesn't work on her own issues, she continues to behave the same way as she has all along and when the marriage doesn't work, she finds yet another thing wrong with Scott . She hasn't learned to look at her own behavior and how she's contributing to the disfunction.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last