Message Boards

Topic : 03/12 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 6

Number of Replies: 108
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 09, 2007, 12:37:32 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Four months have passed since Scott and Tara, John and Cherie, and Nic and Amanda moved out of The Dr. Phil House, armed with tools to save their crumbling marriages. One couple has curbed their fighting but now reveals an issue that the wife says is tearing them apart. Why did they keep it a secret from Dr. Phil? Then, a couple learning to work together sees the changes in their children but still struggles with issues from the past. Plus, a reinvigorated pair say they’re best friends again and falling back in love. Which marriages are thriving, and which one is hanging on by a thread? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 12, 2007, 9:46 pm CDT

Tara - please give Al-Anon a try

Quote From: wisconsinite

For Scott and Tara, they need to attend an open meeting that has an AA speaker and Al-Anon speaker to see if they could identify with them.  I was very much in the same situation as Tara.  But I went to Al-anon where I discovered that I couldn't change him but I have to change my attitude toward alcoholism.  Neither could I cure him or was I the cause of it. When my husband hit bottom, he was fortunate that I was in Al-Anon, I would of divorced him for what he had done if I wasn't.  Even if Scott doesn't get sober she should stay go, Even if they break up she should go and rediscover herself.
I so agree with Wisconsinite.  I am a 33 year old wife of an active alcoholic husband with 2 small boys.  I identified right away with Scott as he reminded me of my husband.  I recently found Al-Anon a month ago, after finally admitting to myself that my husband of 14 years is an alcoholic.  I am now finally living my life for me and rediscovering myself also, while still staying in the marriage.  I am no longer angry and getting stronger every day.  I can tell my boys are happier, too, now that mommy is happy!  And my husband is grateful, too, when his anger and self-pity don't take over.  We don't know when sobriety will happen for our alcoholic loved ones, but we can better ourselves and our children's lives! 

March 12, 2007, 10:27 pm CDT

Cherri

I hope I spelled your name correctly. I don't enjoy eating my words but I am compelled to apologize for my earlier posts.  You looked completely different on the show, the peace showed in your face and you are glowing now.  I thought the transformation was Visible and you look very beautiful.  I wish you guys the best I know you had a lot to work on and you are doing it just like you said.

Personally the fact that there isn't a happily ever after ending for everyone is part of the beauty of life.  All we can hope for is to make ourselves into better people one step at a time.  I wasn't disappointed at all by the lack of perfection in the ending, I haven't met any perfect people yet.  If everyone would have skipped onto the stage holding hands and acting giddy I'd have thought it was a bunch of crap!  What matters is there are 6 people willing to give their marriage an honest try and I really appreciate what you guys did. 

Thanks and best wishes to all of you

April

March 13, 2007, 5:57 am CDT

This is a case of "which came first,the chicken or the egg?"

Quote From: niabarr

Tara  hasn't stopped blaming Scott for everything. She doesn't work on her own issues, she continues to behave the same way as she has all along and when the marriage doesn't work, she finds yet another thing wrong with Scott . She hasn't learned to look at her own behavior and how she's contributing to the disfunction.
Tara has said that she got pregnant after dating Scott for 2 months. They got married. I assume Scott was drinking then. Well of course Tara was not happy with that situation. I'm glad she will stand up for herself. I just think that after 4 years they have gotten into a vicious circle. He continues drinking and she continues not to like it. The problem is Scott won't admit he's got a drinking problem.He's in denial. Unless he gets help, he will continue drinking and blaming it on something else.(whether Tara is there or not.) She has agreed to work on herself. But, I think she is strong enough to leave if he is not willing to change.

March 13, 2007, 6:21 am CDT

Taking my advice

Quote From: cherijohn_91

I am truly sorry for your loss, it sounds as if he was everything to you.  I want you to know the thought of John dying has always been in the back of my mind.  This is why I had to give it one las try.  RESPECT means everything to me and I have learned that the hard way, not that I have not respected him, but I thought I was always right.  My prayers go out to you and I will take what you have said and really realize that we have a choice, unlike you.  Take care, Glod Bless, Cheri

Thank you Cheri, you are right, he was everything to me and now I am left with a huge hole in my heart and in my life. 

I am so very glad that you read my message and that it may help in some way.  I pray for you both and I truly hope that things work out.  There is nothing, absolutely nothing, as wonderful as a unconditional love between two people who would do ANYTHING for the other one.  I am so very blessed that I had my husband for over 20 years - how he lead his life and his love for me made me a much better person. 

This kind of relationship takes work and takes time, but keep trying it is so worth it!!

The best of Luck to the both of you and your children.

March 13, 2007, 6:33 am CDT

Happy for you...

Quote From: flrat69

Thank you so much for your post.  I think I will print it and keep it.  When i think of the stupid little disagreements my wife and I have had, they all pale next to the time I have to love her and thank God for making me the luckiest man alive.  Your post serves as a reminder that life is so fleeting and the "problems" are so unimportant.  It is so important that we take the time to remember what we do have instead of worrying abut what we don't.

Though I have never met you, I have to thank you so much.  I am really sorry about your loss, but I know you will see him and be with him again.

I think I'll stop on my way home and get some flowers for my wife. 

You are so welcome and so right.  I look to the heavens each and every night and know that someday we will be together again. 

I am so glad that my post touched you.  Nothing makes me happier than to think that something positive is coming from revealing my deep loss and grief.  

By the way, did she like the flowers? 

March 13, 2007, 6:34 am CDT

Not air on the East Coast?

I'm a DVR junkie.  And always record Dr. Phil.  I was especially looking forward to this ManHouse conclusion.  But, my DVR didn't record it! -- said another episode was on.  It only records new episodes.  Anyone else on the East Coast have this problem?  Anyone know if/when this will air again.  Thanks!

March 13, 2007, 6:54 am CDT

Small goals...

Major changes happen slowly.  You set small goals for your marriage and eventually you accomplish the big goal.  It really is day by day.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel- just hope its not the train.

March 13, 2007, 7:01 am CDT

03/12 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 6

Quote From: housewife52

I KNOW you got something to say. ( or at least post one of them purty wolves.)
well im not sure if the mods will allow me to but if they will heres you a picture of snow babe

March 13, 2007, 8:03 am CDT

maried man

Quote From: penny_lady

I'm so sorry that your daughter is having her dream ruined by the school counselor! That is TERRIBLE! Veterinarians are such wonderful people...and they have thankless jobs in a lot of ways, because animals can't say thank you. I hope that works out for her...How ridiculous...where does this school counselor thing Vets come from? ...ugh...

Ok, back on topic. I feel the same way you do about stripping. If men are doofy enough to pay for a woman to shake her bare behind then so be it. I don't understand the big deal. This happens adults only clubs and bars. If she can earn money doing this, that's fine. MY only problem with HER doing it is that she got involved with a patron..but you know what? People have affairs with those they work with all the time. If she was going to cheat, she would have, it's not like ONLY strippers cheat.

There was another post on another board where someone said something along the lines of, "Strippers tempt married men to cheat.."...um no...not even close.
mrried man walks in those bars on his own aacord,  its not like the stripper put a gun to his head and forced him in there, so e cheated causes he wanted t cheat.  whatever happened to the morals in our society?   people are to quick to get naked in front of every tom, dick and harry and sex, etc.  the morals in our sociectiy have gone to hell.  perhaps that is why we have an std problem and aids.  i am struglling and falling so far behind in my bills to put myself thru nursing school that when  do become a  nurse my first 3 years wil be getting back on my feet, but i would never resort to stripping, i prefer to work my current job and plugg along.  i look great.  i hae classmates that once stripped and sai they felt so horrible doing it there consciouss ate at them that they will never do so again.   the study so hard and strive for good grades  cause they dont want to go back to that lifestyle they say.  one of the gilrs said her spouse dumped her when he found out.  one said hrs refused to marry her until she stoped stripping  cause she loved her fiance she quit but told him then that he had to pay for her schooling.

March 13, 2007, 8:04 am CDT

gorgeous

Quote From: afraid

well im not sure if the mods will allow me to but if they will heres you a picture of snow babe
is it real?  e is gorgeous

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last