Message Boards

Topic : 03/12 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 6

Number of Replies: 108
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 09, 2007, 12:37:32 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Four months have passed since Scott and Tara, John and Cherie, and Nic and Amanda moved out of The Dr. Phil House, armed with tools to save their crumbling marriages. One couple has curbed their fighting but now reveals an issue that the wife says is tearing them apart. Why did they keep it a secret from Dr. Phil? Then, a couple learning to work together sees the changes in their children but still struggles with issues from the past. Plus, a reinvigorated pair say they’re best friends again and falling back in love. Which marriages are thriving, and which one is hanging on by a thread? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 13, 2007, 8:39 am CDT

03/12 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 6

Quote From: momisme2

Thank you!  Thats very nice to hear!  :D

And you know... youre right. I think often I lose sight of the big picture and allow myself to start sinking into "mom guilt" over all the monetary things I cant give to my children.  What I need to remember is they are all three healthy, happy, amazingly great kids, with strong wills, compassion and consideration for others.  They have a house, a mom and dad who love each other and who love them the whole world!     :)   I truley believe they will reach their goals, whatever they may be.  Thats what matters, not the money.  (though money IS helpful!lol)

Ok.. now im feeling like a board hog!  HAHA  ;)
My husband and I have struggled financially our entire married life. Totally because we make bad decisions. But despite limited funds my son managed to go to college. We helped as much as possible. Now he is married with a beautiful wife and daughter. He also went back to school and got his masters. If your children want an education as much as he did they WILL find a way. He also learned from our mistakes. He's better off than we ever were. And I am so PROUD of him and all he has accomplished.  I hope your children all realize their dreams. Good luck!!!

March 13, 2007, 10:01 am CDT

Thank you!

Quote From: afraid

well im not sure if the mods will allow me to but if they will heres you a picture of snow babe
She is beautiful, but I wonder what she would be like if you tried to pet her?

March 13, 2007, 10:06 am CDT

Quote From: bachor

is it real?  e is gorgeous
yes verry its a white snow wolf.

March 13, 2007, 10:08 am CDT

Today I told a lie. a message for Scott

Today I told a lie.

I told it to myself.

Not to face my problems,

I put them on a shelf.

They were hidden well.

But, over time, they began to smell.

I used to tell my children that hiding problems was like putting a fish in a drawer so you wouldn't have to look at it.

I have been married to an alcoholic for 57 years. He has been sober for four of those. I recognize an alcoholic when I see one. The words, "I can quit anytime I want." are very familiar to me. Other criteria was he got to work everyday. His coworkers were lucky. They were the only ones who saw him sober.

I have even heard the phrase, (not my husband's) I only drink beer so I am not an alcoholic. I know people who burned their brains out on beer, too.

I came from a culture where divorce is looked upon as not an option. I can look back and see where we should have had a better life. We could have. I worked. My husband made good money.

I don't know whether Scott has ever known anyone with alcholic psychosis or not. Alcohol burns out brain cells. Eventually, the chronic alcoholic has all the symptoms of alzheimers disease, but unless he had liver failure he lives on as a burden to his family.

There is a trade-off, a little while of self medication for loss of brain cells, family, money and over time a job.

I think Scott needs to look in the mirror and demand he stop lying to himself. Then he needs treatment to find out why he has the urge to medicate himself out of reality. It might be chronic depression. Many people suffering from chronic depression try to medicate themselves with alcohol and the sad thing is that alcohol is a depressant.

Scott's wife and child is more important than  making the Seagram's company richer.

March 13, 2007, 10:31 am CDT

Oh you board hog , you ! ha, ha.

Thank you!  Thats very nice to hear!  :D

And you know... youre right. I think often I lose sight of the big picture and allow myself to start sinking into "mom guilt" over all the monetary things I cant give to my children.  What I need to remember is they are all three healthy, happy, amazingly great kids, with strong wills, compassion and consideration for others.  They have a house, a mom and dad who love each other and who love them the whole world!     :)   I truley believe they will reach their goals, whatever they may be.  Thats what matters, not the money.  (though money IS helpful!lol)

Ok.. now im feeling like a board hog!  HAHA  ;)

Oh you board hog, you !   Always were , still are .....ha, ha, ha!

Seriously joking...hope you realize. 

a long lost friend from the boards long ago.

Its been a while, and then I find you here and there, just to say hello.

By the way, shame on that school guidance person....steering your daughter away from her hopes and dreams.....a good student a good person should never be steered inappropriately in that manner.   Where there is a will, there is a way.

I could tell you some stories of very successful people, both in their personal, family life, responsible community members and in their careers......that were dished the same menu from a counselor years and years ago.   Shame on the counselor.   To this day those folks still hear and remember what the counselor said......but the laugh is on the counselor.

Sad to say, I wonder how many children, students don't get past it....and put themselves down as a result.   I'll leave it there.

On another note...."a sight for sore eyes" you dancing around a pole!   Nah.....lol .

and besides .....what about the objectification of women?.....and how that leads to the "less than" treatment of women?

Another topic for a lengthy discussion another day.

Take care.

Just wanted to say hello.

I wish you the best.  

March 13, 2007, 11:03 am CDT

Quote From: housewife52

She is beautiful, but I wonder what she would be like if you tried to pet her?
hehehe you would get frost bit from the snow on her head hehehe.

March 13, 2007, 11:49 am CDT

All caps blend together.

Quote From: cherijohn_91

SORRY, this is definetely new to me, I do not correspond on the internet very often.  Why is it hard to read? Now I know why when I use caps people respond like I may have offended them, WHOOPS, IN A FRIENDLY WAY

For me, all caps tends to blend together. And I too hear the yelling. It's a trained habit, but one nonetheless. Plus, it's just one of many etiquette rules you learn on the net. It's a universal :)

March 13, 2007, 11:59 am CDT

Oh brother!  Sell herself?  She wasnt out hooking, ya know.

Besides, she did stop stripping and is now working some where else.  For less money.  That should make all the critics hush, but apparently not.

Actual intercourse does not need to be involved to sell one's self off to the highest bidder. Yes, she quit. That is a very good thing as it was a problem in their marriage, obviously.

But one can be an office manager, homemaker, a doctor for that matter & still have their priorities in an awful mess. Purses can be sold, as can TVs & so on. I believe that was the point.

March 13, 2007, 12:00 pm CDT

Quote From: kphilips10

Maybe she already had the purse.  Maybe it was a gift.  You nor I know.  And she was not selling herself.  She was dancing in a bar.  Are you saying you wouldn't do whatever it takes to put food on the table for your kids?  I doubt it.  Unless you have never experienced being poor and not knowing where your next meal is coming from.
She didn't sell that purse, did she?

March 13, 2007, 12:15 pm CDT

Regarding the spagetti...

Quote From: pearlhanna

Cheri, thanks for that posting.  I hope you're allowed to comment...

Are all of you going to continue supporting each other now that man camp is over?  What's your take on the way Scott is acting towards Tara now?  Tara learned boundaries.  I say any addiction whether its food, alchohol or drugs, gets in the way of issues that need to be taken care of.  The problems are enough to deal with.

I have to say the arguing you guys did with each other, lol, its not easy living with people ya don't know.  The spaghetti sauce fight was a bit strange... I like Prego myself... but if Amanda used Ragu, Pearl could've faxed a coupon to Amanda.

Soooooooo, Cheri LOL, when the six of you have a reunion, you're gonna do the "remember when..." With Dr. Phil's help, you'll have new memories to share with each other.

Pearlhanna

I for the life of me cannot understand justifying being so angry about someone not liking your food or cooking. Especially someone you've never cooked for before & before you even cooked it! I guess being on edge like living there would put you could help you justify taking it so personally but seriously... one's personal food preference is in no way ever a reflection on anyone but the person with that preference, lol!

Seriously! Such a petty fight!

I would like to think that if I were given such an opportunity to get Dr. Phil's personal aid in my marriage (and boy could we use it!) I wouldn't have wasted one sec on such silliness.

I get that some things get edited out for the drama aspect, but I can't see behaving like that in the first place. Makes me wonder just why the show picks who they pick & causes me to question watching the show.

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last