Message Boards

Topic : 03/12 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 6

Number of Replies: 108
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 09, 2007, 12:37:32 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Four months have passed since Scott and Tara, John and Cherie, and Nic and Amanda moved out of The Dr. Phil House, armed with tools to save their crumbling marriages. One couple has curbed their fighting but now reveals an issue that the wife says is tearing them apart. Why did they keep it a secret from Dr. Phil? Then, a couple learning to work together sees the changes in their children but still struggles with issues from the past. Plus, a reinvigorated pair say they’re best friends again and falling back in love. Which marriages are thriving, and which one is hanging on by a thread? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 10, 2007, 3:04 pm CST

Respect & Consideration of Each Other

I've watched much of the Man Camp shows, all I could take actually.......it's difficult for me to really believe these couples who are "supposed"  to love each other talk to one another the way they do.  I've been in a wonderful marriage for almost  40 yrs, and NEVER have my husband and I talked to each other with the  venom, contempt, & resentment these three couples showed toward each other.  Yes, I'm lucky, but my husband and I have both very hard at maintain a good marriage & partnership, one based on real love, respect & consideration of each other.  I simply cannot believe that each of the three couples on Man Camp will be able to save their marriages. 

Yes there might be a "honeymoon" period for a while, but  there's been so much contempt I don't know how they'll ever get past it....I imagine the hurt must go too deep for real forgiveness to take place over the long haul.   I'd like to be proven wrong, but I doubt it'll happen. 

March 10, 2007, 3:30 pm CST

Why do you say that?

Quote From: ashleyash

i dont really think its going to work out.

-Ash

I think maybe some of the couples will continue to have problems but hopefully they have worked though or are working through these problems. 

March 10, 2007, 7:00 pm CST

man camp as a whole

Everyone,

Man camp has been interesting to watch. My ex-husband was very controlling, that's why he's an ex. I see alot of my past relationship in John. Cheri, I feel I could be really good friends with you. I connected with you and all of the crap you deal with. My kids are a little bit older than yours, but I can relate totally with you and your situation. I really believe that you and your husband can make a go of it if he is willing to respect you and what you stand for. The fear of wanting to share things with your husband is something I totally understand.  Sometimes the anger is just not worth putting up with and you find a way to make it work without involving your husband in whatever the situation is. Please give me your e-mail address so we can correspond from time to time if you want to. Thanks, Kathy

March 10, 2007, 10:04 pm CST

I wish everyone good luck

I watched the series from the begging and I was amazed by the couples. Life is hard and they have made an effort to work out the problems that they are having. I am a divorced woman and there were times in my previous life I wanted to work on my marriage in hind sight I do not think it would have mattered. I have since remarried and have a great husband but we still have some of the problems that the couples were having. We work on our marriage all the time and there are days we just want to walk away but we still hang in there. I hope these couples can over come there adversaries and work together to make their lives more fulfilled.

March 10, 2007, 11:13 pm CST

Cheri, I identified most with you

Quote From: cherijohn_91

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A STATEMENT REGARDING THIS WHOLE SERIES.  THE SIX OF US PUT ALOT OF OUR TIME AND EFFORT INTO THIS SHOW BECAUSE WE WANTED TO MAKE OUR MARRIAGES WORK.  I UNDERSTAND YOU ALL HAVE OPINIONS REGARDING OUR DEMEANOR ON THE SHOW, BUT I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO KNOW WE PUT OURSELVES INTO DR PHILS HANDS.  WE TAPED FOR MANY DAYS AND ON TOP OF THAT PUT A LOT OF OUR HOME LIVES INTO TAPING AS WELL.  OUR EFFORTS WERE ALL WELL INTENDED.  I WISH YOU ALL COULD HAVE SEEN EVERYTHING WE ENDURED, AND I AGREE THAT ALOT OF THE SILLY THINGS THAT WERE SHOWN INSTEAD OF SHOWING HOW HARD WE WORKED THROUGHOUT THAT WEEK.  WE ALL HAD OUR ARGUMENTS, BUT REALIZE WE WERE PUT INTO A HOUSE BRINGING IN ALOT OF OUR OWN BAGGAGE AND ADD THAT UP WITH TWO OTHER COUPLES BRINGING IN THEIR PROBLEMS AS WELL.  IT WAS IRRATIBLE AT TIMES, BUT THERE WERE ALSO TIMES IN THE HOUSE THAT WE COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING.    TARA, SCOTT, AMANDA, NIC HOLD ON TO THOSES MEMORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!BY THE WAY SCOTT I FOUND ANOTHER CLOTHES PIN IN MY LUGGAGE. LOL.  THE LAST EPISODE SHOWED ALOT OF MIXED EMOTIONS BETWEEN US ALL, THAT WAS THE REAL PORTAYAL OF OUR WEEK IN THE HOUSE, FIGHTING, LAUGHING, CRYING, HUGGING AND ALOT OFCOMMUNICATING (WITHOUT YELLING), WE ALL WISH YOU COULD HAVE SEEN IT ALL, BUT WE WOULD BE GOING INTO THE SUMMER MONTHS AND I KNOW IF A QUARTER OF WHAT WE LIVED IN THAT HOUSE WAS SHOWN, ALOT OF PEOPLE WOULD HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS OF US.   THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT, CHERI
I have been married almost 25 years to a narcissist who has demeaned and criticized me since soon after the wedding, expected perfection in the house but showed little appreciation. He would compliment other women and openly compared me to them. He expects me to serve him but has little to offer me other than material comforts. I have tried everything - counseling, conferences, tapes, books. I wonder how my husband would have responded to the Man Camp. He probably would have walked out or threatened to. No one has ever been that tough with him because he is so well packaged and slick that no one believes he is really nasty behind closed doors. But after repeated disappointments year after year, I've finally decided to separate. He moves out to his own place the end of this month. We have three children, 15, 18 & 21. One of my children was repeatedly abused after coming to my defense. My heart's desire is for him to "get it" and put the effort in to make our marriage what it was meant to be, but I have little hope left. Thanks for putting in all that work on the show so that we could learn from your situation. I wish you all the best!

March 11, 2007, 4:42 am CDT

Hi Cheri!

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A STATEMENT REGARDING THIS WHOLE SERIES.  THE SIX OF US PUT ALOT OF OUR TIME AND EFFORT INTO THIS SHOW BECAUSE WE WANTED TO MAKE OUR MARRIAGES WORK.  I UNDERSTAND YOU ALL HAVE OPINIONS REGARDING OUR DEMEANOR ON THE SHOW, BUT I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO KNOW WE PUT OURSELVES INTO DR PHILS HANDS.  WE TAPED FOR MANY DAYS AND ON TOP OF THAT PUT A LOT OF OUR HOME LIVES INTO TAPING AS WELL.  OUR EFFORTS WERE ALL WELL INTENDED.  I WISH YOU ALL COULD HAVE SEEN EVERYTHING WE ENDURED, AND I AGREE THAT ALOT OF THE SILLY THINGS THAT WERE SHOWN INSTEAD OF SHOWING HOW HARD WE WORKED THROUGHOUT THAT WEEK.  WE ALL HAD OUR ARGUMENTS, BUT REALIZE WE WERE PUT INTO A HOUSE BRINGING IN ALOT OF OUR OWN BAGGAGE AND ADD THAT UP WITH TWO OTHER COUPLES BRINGING IN THEIR PROBLEMS AS WELL.  IT WAS IRRATIBLE AT TIMES, BUT THERE WERE ALSO TIMES IN THE HOUSE THAT WE COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING.    TARA, SCOTT, AMANDA, NIC HOLD ON TO THOSES MEMORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!BY THE WAY SCOTT I FOUND ANOTHER CLOTHES PIN IN MY LUGGAGE. LOL.  THE LAST EPISODE SHOWED ALOT OF MIXED EMOTIONS BETWEEN US ALL, THAT WAS THE REAL PORTAYAL OF OUR WEEK IN THE HOUSE, FIGHTING, LAUGHING, CRYING, HUGGING AND ALOT OFCOMMUNICATING (WITHOUT YELLING), WE ALL WISH YOU COULD HAVE SEEN IT ALL, BUT WE WOULD BE GOING INTO THE SUMMER MONTHS AND I KNOW IF A QUARTER OF WHAT WE LIVED IN THAT HOUSE WAS SHOWN, ALOT OF PEOPLE WOULD HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS OF US.   THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT, CHERI
Are are you glad that you and John agreed to go on the show? Ya'll really put it out there for all of us to see. I know it must have taken a lot of courage to do it. I hope your marriage got better.

March 11, 2007, 4:44 am CDT

I think Amanda and Nic will make it.

Quote From: kaysquare

I've watched much of the Man Camp shows, all I could take actually.......it's difficult for me to really believe these couples who are "supposed"  to love each other talk to one another the way they do.  I've been in a wonderful marriage for almost  40 yrs, and NEVER have my husband and I talked to each other with the  venom, contempt, & resentment these three couples showed toward each other.  Yes, I'm lucky, but my husband and I have both very hard at maintain a good marriage & partnership, one based on real love, respect & consideration of each other.  I simply cannot believe that each of the three couples on Man Camp will be able to save their marriages. 

Yes there might be a "honeymoon" period for a while, but  there's been so much contempt I don't know how they'll ever get past it....I imagine the hurt must go too deep for real forgiveness to take place over the long haul.   I'd like to be proven wrong, but I doubt it'll happen. 

Nic seemed different than the other 2 men. I would like to think they all hung in there and got better.

March 11, 2007, 7:55 am CDT

03/12 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 6

It had to be difficult to bare your souls to a national audience, as well as having all you went through put into a few 1 hour shows. Don't worry about anyone judging you. I'm glad you had this opportunity to save your family. Best of luck to all of you.

March 11, 2007, 8:09 am CDT

As Dr. Phil says "get real"

I will tell you what real is - I lost the love of my life in October when he died due to septic shock.    If you guys  truly love each other you need to get over yourselves and think about what life would be like without each other.

The happiest day of my  life was the day I married my husband and the absolute worst day of my life was the day I lost him.  There is not an hour of every day that I don't relive those last few hours with him.

You will be sorry someday when you wake up and the other half of your life is not there beside you or when something good or something bad happens to you and there is absolutely no one to share it with or to help you get through it. 

You think you have it rough, you don't know anything.  Either make a decision that your spouse is the most important thing in your life.  More important that always being right, always having the last word, always thinking of yourself instead of him or her - of course if you don't truly love and respect each other all of this is just a bunch of crap to you, so get a divorce and get on with your life, but if you do love each other, the next time you think you need to win an argument or think of cheating on each other, then think of your partner not being there anymore and the fact that they never will be again,

March 11, 2007, 11:51 pm CDT

You gotta be kidding...

I would like to know how Amanda can say they have no food in the fridge and no diapers for their child in the same segment that she is seen with a $200 Coach purse.  Maybe you should look at your priorities.  Should have been saving money not buying expensive purses.  I think these two could use some financial planning assistance!!!  If they spent their money on their needs and not their wants they probably would never have had financial problems requiring her to sell herself.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last