Message Boards

Topic : 03/12 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 6

Number of Replies: 108
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 09, 2007, 12:37:32 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Four months have passed since Scott and Tara, John and Cherie, and Nic and Amanda moved out of The Dr. Phil House, armed with tools to save their crumbling marriages. One couple has curbed their fighting but now reveals an issue that the wife says is tearing them apart. Why did they keep it a secret from Dr. Phil? Then, a couple learning to work together sees the changes in their children but still struggles with issues from the past. Plus, a reinvigorated pair say they’re best friends again and falling back in love. Which marriages are thriving, and which one is hanging on by a thread? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 12, 2007, 5:02 am CDT

My guesses...

I am guessing that Nic and Amanda are the ones on the true road to recovery.  I am not surprised to learn that Scott is a drinker.  He exhibited signs of that during the previous shows.  I am surprised that Dr. Phil didn't pick up on it.  Or maybe he did and didn't say anything - makes for a better final show.  I still am of the opinion that Cherie is a drama queen and likes being a nag.  I can't see her changing -- even for the kids.  Th cycle of abuse will continue in her family.

March 12, 2007, 5:14 am CDT

He wrote in...

Quote From: housewife52

Nic seemed different than the other 2 men. I would like to think they all hung in there and got better.

He was the only guy that wrote in to the show.  He really does care about his marriage and about Amanda (not that the other two don't, I think they all made great strides and all humans are works in progress).    I think he's more passive than the other two...it's hard to tell what is going on with him because he's not very vocal.  I think he tries to keep the peace, but other than that he seems like a nice guy.  Actually, I like them both-can relate to Amanda more than the other two.  I hope they're doing well- I wonder if she's almost finished with school. 

March 12, 2007, 5:19 am CDT

Not to beat a dead horse, but...

...after reading the site workup, once again, im returning to my question of WHY did they give these guys beers in the house?   After they(Nic and John ONLY)cleaned the house and Scott returned from his temper tantrum, all the men were sitting around downing beers.  I was shocked to see that and this is one of the reasons why.

Personally, I hope Dr. Phil never again decides to indulge his guests with alcohol.  Not only is he asking for trouble, but it most def. came off as a reward for Scott after not lifting a finger to help with clean up duty.  I didnt understand it then and I dont understand it now. 

Very bad call with that whole thing, doc.  Please dont make that mistake again!

March 12, 2007, 5:32 am CDT

Scott

I do not like this guy.  He's condescending, has a bad attitude and is a know-it-all.  Tara appears to be a difficult person, to be sure but there is no way i could live with this creton.  He blames Tara's bitchiness for his drinking...how ridiculous.  If he was only interested in getting away from her bitching, as he has repeatedly stated, he wouldn't be running to the bars all the time.  He'd go to his parents house, a friends house, the store, the park, etc.  He's interested in getting to the bar, it's that simple.  And Tara blaming his drinking for his bitchiness is equally ridiculous.  She's mad...it's that simple.  She's mad about his going out, being away from her and their daughter and she's not getting over it.  If you ask me, all this woman wants is some respect and attention.  If Scott could stop being so bloody perfect (in his view) and simply learn how to treat his wife with some respect and pay her some attention, he'd make out a whole lot better.  How can Tara get over the past if it's still a part of her present?

March 12, 2007, 7:14 am CDT

03/12 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 6

Quote From: uw4ydoac

I would like to know how Amanda can say they have no food in the fridge and no diapers for their child in the same segment that she is seen with a $200 Coach purse.  Maybe you should look at your priorities.  Should have been saving money not buying expensive purses.  I think these two could use some financial planning assistance!!!  If they spent their money on their needs and not their wants they probably would never have had financial problems requiring her to sell herself.

Oh brother!  Sell herself?  She wasnt out hooking, ya know.

Besides, she did stop stripping and is now working some where else.  For less money.  That should make all the critics hush, but apparently not.

March 12, 2007, 7:45 am CDT

Quote From: taborl

I will tell you what real is - I lost the love of my life in October when he died due to septic shock.    If you guys  truly love each other you need to get over yourselves and think about what life would be like without each other.

The happiest day of my  life was the day I married my husband and the absolute worst day of my life was the day I lost him.  There is not an hour of every day that I don't relive those last few hours with him.

You will be sorry someday when you wake up and the other half of your life is not there beside you or when something good or something bad happens to you and there is absolutely no one to share it with or to help you get through it. 

You think you have it rough, you don't know anything.  Either make a decision that your spouse is the most important thing in your life.  More important that always being right, always having the last word, always thinking of yourself instead of him or her - of course if you don't truly love and respect each other all of this is just a bunch of crap to you, so get a divorce and get on with your life, but if you do love each other, the next time you think you need to win an argument or think of cheating on each other, then think of your partner not being there anymore and the fact that they never will be again,

You are so right...these couples, all couples shouldn't waste each others valuable time...either get it together and put yourself fully into it, or say goodbye.

March 12, 2007, 8:10 am CDT

Get a grip!

Quote From: uw4ydoac

I would like to know how Amanda can say they have no food in the fridge and no diapers for their child in the same segment that she is seen with a $200 Coach purse.  Maybe you should look at your priorities.  Should have been saving money not buying expensive purses.  I think these two could use some financial planning assistance!!!  If they spent their money on their needs and not their wants they probably would never have had financial problems requiring her to sell herself.

Maybe she already had the purse.  Maybe it was a gift.  You nor I know.  And she was not selling herself.  She was dancing in a bar.  Are you saying you wouldn't do whatever it takes to put food on the table for your kids?  I doubt it.  Unless you have never experienced being poor and not knowing where your next meal is coming from.

March 12, 2007, 8:18 am CDT

Quote From: kphilips10

Maybe she already had the purse.  Maybe it was a gift.  You nor I know.  And she was not selling herself.  She was dancing in a bar.  Are you saying you wouldn't do whatever it takes to put food on the table for your kids?  I doubt it.  Unless you have never experienced being poor and not knowing where your next meal is coming from.
That is such a good point...you cannot judge people by the fact that they might own something expensive. You never know the circumstances. I had an ipod shortly after they first came out, my husband bought it with a huge work bonus he got. We each got one "toy" and the rest we put towards debt, bills and what not because we were still struggling a bit with finances...it would have been very easy for someone to judge me and it would have been insanely unfair.

March 12, 2007, 8:32 am CDT

Quote From: penny_lady

That is such a good point...you cannot judge people by the fact that they might own something expensive. You never know the circumstances. I had an ipod shortly after they first came out, my husband bought it with a huge work bonus he got. We each got one "toy" and the rest we put towards debt, bills and what not because we were still struggling a bit with finances...it would have been very easy for someone to judge me and it would have been insanely unfair.
What I think is unfair is that in all these posts dissing Amanda, never once, on all these boards, have I read people complaining about the establishments that pay strippers the big bucks, or the MEN who frequent them so often its the reason WHY they pay the big bucks.  Talk about a double standard!  Sheesh!

Once again I will say it...  if I had the body and my husband would be all right with it, I would strip too!  I have a 19 yo working full time to go to college full time.  We help him some, but not NEAR as much as I want to or think we should.  I have a 16 yo daughter who will be a senior next year.  She wants, and has ALWAYS wanted to be a veterinarian.  This isnt just a little girls pipe dream either.  That child is the animal whisperer!  She save everything from kittens and dogs, to frogs and toads, baby bunnies(though she has never been able to save one of those as they are almost impossible to rescue) to even BATS!  (ewwwwwww!)  Now she is shying away from that dream of hers because the school counselors keep telling her long it will take and how much it will cost.  To me, THAT is the travesty!

If I could do it, I would strip 5 nights a week, rake in the big bucks, and send my three kids to college with that money.  And!  I wouldnt even feel bad about it!

Judge that!  LOL

March 12, 2007, 8:47 am CDT

i agree

Quote From: kphilips10

i agree!  bills and basic living neccisictys such as foood, shelter and diapers for a children should be first need.   the last thing a person should do if finances are tight is buy  wanted items.  i am going thru that problem with my husband and it is causing me to want to go my sperate ways.   i cry each time i think about our situation and he acts loke he dont care.   he has been laid off for more than 6 months now.  he tells me the oter day that we have 2 ore unemployment checks coming in and only 10,000 in the bank to pay the bills and house mortgage.  i onloy work part time cause i went to college like he begged me to.   so what does he do, he goes out and buys th children a playstation 2, a very expensive orta ble dvd player, we had a dvd player, and all kinds of clothes and  toys.  on tp of all  this, our one vehicle has broke down and needs a new water pump.  instead of fixing it or taking it in to fix he goes buys more toys for the children, then whines about hopw much gas hes going thru.  i jsut dont understand it.  well this quarter is almost over and i think i am going to take a leave of absence from school and go back to work full time.  since he refuses.  when hes home all day he does not clean or anything, when i ask the kids what he does, they daid he wathes tv.   so he expects me to keep up on all the bills, food, etc on $108.15 dollars a week, go to school full time, come home clean the house, do the laundry and fix dinner and do the dishes.  what do you all make of this?  hen he wonders why i cry and am stressed all the time and no desire to have sex.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last