Message Boards

Topic : 1.Diabetes? FMS? CFS? Chronic PAIN? Your WLC Home

Number of Replies: 547
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, July 06, 2005, 01:01:07 pm
Author : dataimport
For those of us who struggle with Chronic PAIN, DIABETES, FIBROMYALGIA, Chronic FATIGUE, or who take MEDICATIONS that work against your efforts to exercise or lose weight, this group is for you. Please join in and share your struggles and your knowledge. We need and can provide that special kind of understanding, empathy and help that traditional groups do not.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 18, 2006, 5:10 am CST

Iam happy to report I am under 200 again!!

Don't know how it happened -- maybe all the running around I have been doing cause my eating has been okay but not great!  I weighed in at 195.6 this morning!  This is the motivation I needed to lose more!  LOL 

I still don't feel 100% and Kyle is still coughing (2 more days of medicine) and Mgean is clinging and whiney so I knoiw she doesn't feel good (besides I heard her coucghing and fussing through the night!)

We looked at another property yesterday but it was a waste of time cause though teh lcoation was nice it is land and woudl need machines to blast rock and they are too expensive...oh well.  Still waiting on the other one -- the other offer is in stalemate say we say.  The potential owner's mortgage company won't lendthem  money unless work is done and teh current buyers dont wanna pay to do any work (which is why our offer wasn't acccepted).  Teh good news is that their list of work to do is longer than ours as Vic can do all but teh oil tank and spetic himself so didn't even mentioned other things as still a good deal with them...so we wait to see if offer falls through and if they go with ours...luckily we aren't in a hurrry (wanna wait til school over for kids) but the not knowing is upsetting.

I have to call mys doctor today to have her explain my bloodwork results tto me...And ask about why cant have flu shot.  I  have been sick on and off sicne before Thanksgiving!  That's why haven't been on between not feeling well, keeping up with kids and schedule and prerperty search etc...it has been crazy.  Hope everyoine is having great holiday season!

Well Kyle is asking for a bagel and needs medicine so must go and make a decision about them going to school and me going to Curves (don't know if any of us are up for it but we all wanna be!)

Later!

Trish

December 28, 2006, 4:49 pm CST

1.Diabetes? FMS? CFS? Chronic PAIN? Your WLC Home

Hi Trish,

Hey I'm glad to hear the good news about your weight - 200!  I have been ill too. I have been down with pneumonia for the last 4 weeks. I'm pretty much better now, just a left over cough and a lot of tired still. My family has been here for 2 1/2 weeks and they have been taking good care of me. The last of them are leaving tomorrow, including my grand baby. I won't see her again until February. I miss her so much.

Well, happy holidays to you, take care,
Karen

December 28, 2006, 4:52 pm CST

1.Diabetes? FMS? CFS? Chronic PAIN? Your WLC Home

sorry for that X2. I can't figure out why it didn't copy paste right.

Karen

December 28, 2006, 4:53 pm CST

Good news for diabetes

Published: Friday, December 15, 2006

In a discovery that has stunned even those behind it, scientists ata Toronto hospital say they have proof the body's nervous system helpstrigger diabetes, opening the door to a potential near-cure of thedisease that affects millions of Canadians.  

Diabetic mice became healthy virtually overnight after researchersinjected a substance to counteract the effect of malfunctioning painneurons in the pancreas.  

"I couldn't believe it," said Dr. Michael Salter, a pain expert atthe Hospital for Sick Children and one of the scientists. "Mice withdiabetes suddenly didn't have diabetes any more."  

The researchers caution they have yet to confirm their findings inpeople, but say they expect results from human studies within a year orso. 

December 29, 2006, 12:45 pm CST

Happy Holidays to you too!

Quote From: wildjoy1

Hi Trish,

Hey I'm glad to hear the good news about your weight - 200!  I have been ill too. I have been down with pneumonia for the last 4 weeks. I'm pretty much better now, just a left over cough and a lot of tired still. My family has been here for 2 1/2 weeks and they have been taking good care of me. The last of them are leaving tomorrow, including my grand baby. I won't see her again until February. I miss her so much.

Well, happy holidays to you, take care,
Karen

I am sorry to hear you were sick but is not only going around...it is a tough one to get rid of!  I know cause we are just all getting past it!  Hang in there!  What are you doing for New Year's if yur family is gone now?  Hubby and I are going to be alone (the two little ones better be asleep then!! and the older tow are at their moms'!) and then on Monday we are picking up the older two and going to Sil's for exchanging Chrismtas gifts and dinner since we haven't seen them for Christmas yet...Vic and I were so sick ourselves that we spent Christmas Day home -- it was nice and relaxing -- we built bikes, played Candy Land, Chute and Ladders and dominoes and watched videos while I cooked a turkey dinner!

Trish

December 29, 2006, 2:50 pm CST

Sounds great, except the cooking part

Hi Trish. Your Christmas with just the family sounds great, except the cooking a turkey part. I remember those days when being a mom of young children meant you could never really get sick. With my daughter-in-law and my boys here the last 2 weeks I didn't have to do much of anything. They really took good care of me.

For New years my husband and I will probably stay up long enough to watch the ball fall in times square (on TV of course), and then go to bed.  It's funny, when we were young parents we used to go to social functions every year, but now we just look forward to having the next day off so we can sleep in.  My husband is 52 and I'm 49 so we aren't that old yet, but we just don't make a party of it unless we have the kids home.

I'm feeling much better today so I think I'm actually going to kick this thing in less than a month. Yeah!

Take Care,
Karen

December 30, 2006, 8:23 am CST

Why no turkey/cooking?

Quote From: wildjoy1

Hi Trish. Your Christmas with just the family sounds great, except the cooking a turkey part. I remember those days when being a mom of young children meant you could never really get sick. With my daughter-in-law and my boys here the last 2 weeks I didn't have to do much of anything. They really took good care of me.

For New years my husband and I will probably stay up long enough to watch the ball fall in times square (on TV of course), and then go to bed.  It's funny, when we were young parents we used to go to social functions every year, but now we just look forward to having the next day off so we can sleep in.  My husband is 52 and I'm 49 so we aren't that old yet, but we just don't make a party of it unless we have the kids home.

I'm feeling much better today so I think I'm actually going to kick this thing in less than a month. Yeah!

Take Care,
Karen

Turkey is easy -- put it in and bast it several times -- that's it!  I love the smell in my kitchen when it is cooking too!  I love leftovers and turkey sandwiches so I often do turkey throughout the year and even though we go to my sister's house for Thanksgiving we still do one the day after every year.  Thsi year I had gotten two free turkeys so did one day after Thanksgiving and one on Christmas since we were home and needed to eat!  LOL

I am on Felicia's computer and like it cause then I have spell check and smileys...gonna get yahoo instant messenger installed on her computer again (she deleted by accident) and then use hers til mine is redone...so soon I should have my smileys and spell check back...still gotta find out how to reduce pictures so maybe I can get that back too.

We went to my dad's last night and I tried out my new toy -- the camcorder!  I had to stop taping though and help the kids cause dad told them where the presents were and Megan was ready to open her brother and sisters gifts too!  LOL Kyle got a Thomas track set he didn't have (didn't know that was possible!) and Megan got a my size Barbie and they both got other things that they were so excited to play with this morning that they even cleaned and put away other toys to make room to play with the new toys!  LOL

I have to shower and then go to pick up some games for Kyle's school from a freecycler in town.  They are for the kids for bad weather days when they can't go outside during recess time. I have to go through them and check if all the pieces are there and then bring them to the school Tuesday for the principal to approve....

Well I should get in shower and get going...will try and stop back later.

Raise The Roof 1 

Trish

December 30, 2006, 9:28 am CST

Recipes

I have posted many recipes yesterday and today on Circle Of Friends Cookbook -- just thought I'd share with you all too.

There are three butternut squash recipes -- the first one is made with apples, squash and chciken broth and I added chciken pieces and wild grain rice to thicken it as it was more like a sauce than a soup...the other two I have not made since I liked the one with apples ...the second one calls for wine and sour cream (could use fat free sour cream and wine can be left out as it boils away anyway!) LOL...and the third recipe calls for buillion cubes (salty!!!) and soy milk...

There is an acorn squash one, a spaghetti squash one, one called brunswick stew (a stew with chicken not beef), pot roast, chicken soup, miracle muffins, cranberry muffins, baked pineapples, zucchini bread, baked oatmeal, chicken divan, chili, banana nut bran muffins, black bean chicken, lemon/ginger chciken, no bread "breaded chicken, eggplant parm, plum sauced pork medallions, Terri (from Dr. Phil's challengers)'s Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Alfredo, stir fry spaghetti squash, leftover spaghetti squash, romano orzo with veggies, hot and sour soup, goulash, beef stew and shrimp scampi.

And I also posted 13 recipes from Dr. Phil's Cookbook (they were on this site but don't know if all know).  They are the Zucchini Lasagna (I make often and love!); Mac and Cheese; Shrimp Terrayki; Beef and Broccoli Stri Fry; Bistro Chicken Stew;  Italian Roast Pork Loin; Miniature Cracker Pizzas;  Rosemary Mashed Potatoes; No-Fry Chicken-Fried Steak; Parmaesan Popcorn; Banana Cream Pie; Black Eyed Peas and Greens; and Three Bean Chili. 

ENJOY!

Trish

December 31, 2006, 2:53 pm CST

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Hat 1 Count Down  Ball Drop 

Sorry -- haven't been til now cause I have been cleaning and organizing -- even took tree down!!  That's my new year resolution to organize and clean my house and my life!  Program been good today but I knwo tomorrow I will be having cheesecake and who knwos what SIL is making for dinner -- probably be pasta! Oh well will be good rest of day and do extra exercise! ;-)

I more than likely won't be back on til Tuesday so hope you all have a great start to the new year!! 

Trish

January 7, 2007, 9:29 pm CST

Hi Trish

Hi Trish
I posted a nice long post yesterday and I'm suprised that it isn't here today - I can't imagine why - unless my computer crashed  as I hit the post key. My husband and oldest son added a lot of new things to the computer over Christmas and ever sinse then it has been stalling out or crashing every few minutes. my hnusband will take a llook at it in a couple of days but until then I have to deal with it.

I wish I oculd remember what I wrote last night so I could write it again. but I can't.  I'm still dealing with this pneumonis aftermath that is taking so long to get out of my system. 

Take Care,
Karen

First | Prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | Next | Last