Message Boards

Topic : 1.Diabetes? FMS? CFS? Chronic PAIN? Your WLC Home

Number of Replies: 547
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, July 06, 2005, 01:01:07 pm
Author : dataimport
For those of us who struggle with Chronic PAIN, DIABETES, FIBROMYALGIA, Chronic FATIGUE, or who take MEDICATIONS that work against your efforts to exercise or lose weight, this group is for you. Please join in and share your struggles and your knowledge. We need and can provide that special kind of understanding, empathy and help that traditional groups do not.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 3, 2005, 8:43 am CDT

New here

Hi, I have a lot of medical challenges that do not help me to loss weight. I was wondering how you do it. And if anyone has succeded in lossing. I do not expect to lose a lot because I do know my limitations but would like to slowly lose some with following the keys and doing some light exercise. Rose

P.S. when you hit the spell check and nothing comes up does that mean everything is ok:)

August 3, 2005, 8:05 pm CDT

hi cherie

Quote From: bearhugs88

nominatio1...Thank You so much for replying.  I am new to message boards, but from what I'm seeing, it's really neat and the friendship and support and knowing there's other's out there that are dealing with the same issues.  I just started reading Dr. Phils Book: The Ultimate Weight Solution along with the UWS Food Guide!  I'm so excited to get it read and apply everything.  I'm pretty ecstatic!!! Last week @TOPS I lost 3 1/2 lbs and this week I lost another 3...I feel like I'm on a role.  I also started that new Lunesta to help me sleep.

Have A Great Week...TTYS

Oh My Name is Cherie...I'm an avid Teddy Bear Collector and I adore Hugs...Hence bearhugs88

welcome to this board. Please come often and post. It's good to have you. CONGRATULATIONS on losing 6 1/2 (WOW) pounds . That is so great.You are on a roll- you better believe it. It is so encouraging, isn't it  Keep up what you are doing.Are you on Rapid Start? Quality sleep is so crucial. I am so glad that you are sleeping better. There is research saying that people who sleep the necessary hours are in better condition and lose weight more easily.
Would it be helpful to post our weight, i.e. starting/current/goal? Just a thought.
Have a good week, also. Take care, Nomi

August 3, 2005, 8:12 pm CDT

Hi and welcome

Quote From: walkinrose

Hi, I have a lot of medical challenges that do not help me to loss weight. I was wondering how you do it. And if anyone has succeded in lossing. I do not expect to lose a lot because I do know my limitations but would like to slowly lose some with following the keys and doing some light exercise. Rose

P.S. when you hit the spell check and nothing comes up does that mean everything is ok:)

I know it is challenging to lose weight when medical problems coexist with obesity. Take alook at the other posts and also the archived ones, there you will be able to see how people despite the challenges, have succeeded in losing weight. Dr Phil's book has a chapter on weight loss resistance. Perhaps you can take a look and find it helpful. My motto would be; steady does it, i.e. keep up working toward your goal. It may take longer and you may lose more slowly but ... it is doable. Do you get your exercise in each day? do you drink your water?
Re spell check, I have never used it. I just go to "review" check it and change whatever I think needs changing. then I hit "post".
Have a good evening and keep up your good work.

August 3, 2005, 8:13 pm CDT

1.Diabetes? FMS? CFS? Chronic PAIN? Your WLC Home

Quote From: mfoxy1

I wanted to let people know we will be having our 1st discussion on our board, this

Thursday--will be an all day discussion and we are covering the very beginning of the

UWL/7keys book.If needed we will carry the talk over into Friday.we may change the day

for discussions later but it being this late in the week--we picked Thursday--cause afew of us

didn't want to wait til next week to begin.

the board is named:

We Don't have to do this alone anymore.

I hope those of anyone who can, will pop by and share your views and opinions with us.

This board can be found under the weight section--under sub title weight loss challenge

discussions.last I knew it was listed on the third page there.

and also wanted to an open invitation for anyone who wishes to come post anytime on the

board--we are always up to having daily discussions as well.

I too deal with health issues,as you can read from my posts on the board and discussions concerning medical issues is also welcome.

hope you will come check us out

Vickie

Thanks for letting s know about your discussion of the keys. If I can I will stop by. Take care.

August 4, 2005, 12:08 pm CDT

About exercise etc.

Yes I have read Dr. Phils books and work the keys in my life. Hence the walkin part of my name and yes water water all the time. Rose

August 9, 2005, 12:54 pm CDT

Oh My Gosh! I have had such difficulty getting back to this board! For some reason the Phil site couldn't get me the email needed to re-enlist. Finally today I got in but in order to find the board I had to do a search on some of the names I remembered from the previous boards. Thanks J0-Ann, your name was the one that got me back here!  

As computer savvy that I am I am not really comfortable with message boards and it looks like I'll have to study this one for a while in order to get used to it. I'm getting older but I'm still game for learning a thing or two.  

This last few months have been a real challenge for me physically. I'll fill everyone in later. First I want to orient myself to everyone here and the new look and functioning. Hope you are all well. And I hope no one has the trouble I had getting back in. 

Take Care, 

Karen 

August 9, 2005, 1:09 pm CDT

Quote From: bearhugs88

nominatio1...Thank You so much for replying.  I am new to message boards, but from what I'm seeing, it's really neat and the friendship and support and knowing there's other's out there that are dealing with the same issues.  I just started reading Dr. Phils Book: The Ultimate Weight Solution along with the UWS Food Guide!  I'm so excited to get it read and apply everything.  I'm pretty ecstatic!!! Last week @TOPS I lost 3 1/2 lbs and this week I lost another 3...I feel like I'm on a role.  I also started that new Lunesta to help me sleep.

Have A Great Week...TTYS

Oh My Name is Cherie...I'm an avid Teddy Bear Collector and I adore Hugs...Hence bearhugs88

I am so confused!!! I think I'm replying to Nomi but it looks like I'm replying to Cherie Either way, I'm still trying to figure out this new board style and I'm a little slow about it. How do you get the "mood" icons on the message? Do you have to redo your profile every time you get on the boards to change it?  

Anyway, Hi Nomi, I have thought of you often and wondered how your surgery went. I do wish Grace would email me or find her way onto the board again.  

Hi Cherie, I love teddys too, but cats are my big compulsion. My whole house is decorated with cats; but not in a flamboyant way. 

Still studying the boards, 

Karen 

August 9, 2005, 1:38 pm CDT

Haven't we met somewhere before?

Quote From: walkinrose

Yes I have read Dr. Phils books and work the keys in my life. Hence the walkin part of my name and yes water water all the time. Rose

Hi Rose, I believe we met on the previous version of this board - quite a while back. If so, I'm happy to see you again and I'm especially happy to hear that you are still working the keys.  

Boy what a disruption to the regular posters huh? I'm still trying to get with the swing of things here. Talk with you later. 

Karen 

August 9, 2005, 8:12 pm CDT

hi Karen and everyone

Karen, I am so happy to hear from you. Iam thrilled that you found your way back onto the board. I, too, had difficulties and I was so dissappointed when the boards were gone.
Thanks for asking about my surgery: It was about one month ago and both ovaries were removed, which put me into immediate menopause. I do have hot flashes which I think are exacerbated by the even the low dose of prozac which has sweating as one of the side effects. The good news is that three was no C!.
I went home the same day which was a mistake as the pain was just beyond description. I had insisted on it because of my daughter.
I have been back to work for about 2 weeks and I am recovering nicely. I started exercising again after one week of having the surgery.
Please let us know how you are doing.
I do not have Grace's e-mail and I could have also contacted her. I hope that she is doing ok.
I look forward to hearing more of you and wish everyone a good evening. Nomi

August 10, 2005, 6:52 am CDT

Hi Nomi, Karen, Cherie, Rose and Vicki...

hope I didnt miss anyone. 

I am new to this board since the changes to the entire board.   

As I explained in a previous message I have CFS since 1992.  I found it difficult at times to do exercise when I am having a bad day.  I am trying to follow the keys and I have about 70 pounds to lose. 

Glad to see the board more active as you all can relate. 

Marie 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last