Message Boards

Topic : 08/08 Weddings Gone Bad

Number of Replies: 203
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 16, 2007, 10:15:51 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 03/19/07) Drunken fistfights, motorcycle accidents and police helicopters hovering above … not exactly the building blocks of an ideal wedding. Today’s guests say their perfect day was anything but! From nightmare weather to emergency room visits, these weddings went horribly wrong, and the newlyweds say their marriages are suffering because they can’t get past the painful memories. Nicole says she and her husband-to-be, T.J., promised each other to abstain from alcohol prior to their wedding ceremony, but T.J. broke that promise and got so drunk, he could barely recite his vows! Their special day went from bad to worse when T.J. turned violent, and the police were called. T.J. says he’s apologized enough, and it’s time for Nicole to forgive and forget. Then, Paul and Monica say many things went wrong on their wedding day, but the worst was when they rode off on a motorcycle, only to crash as they turned the corner. They’ve been married for five years and say their wedding calamity set off a curse, dooming them forever. What does Dr. Phil think? How can these couples say “I do” to a brighter future? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2007, 11:22 pm CDT

It's all in your attitude

This episode has only just aired in australia, so people probably won't even read this comment. I cannot believe the attitude of these people, are they for real? If you build so much emotional baggage into a day (as special as it may be) you obviously will be devasted when it goes wrong.  Absolutely nothing went right on my wedding day - due to legal "oversights" of my then fiance we didn't even know if the wedding would take place until the morning of the actual wedding - people had come from over seas, my mother in law to be rang me up as I was getting dressed and abused me for what she saw as an oversight and demanded I fix it then and there, and things generally were bad all round - it was the hottest day on record, the church overcrowded, all my hard work and planning for decorating the reception hall was ruined as soon as the air conditioning was turned on, guests insulted and fought with one another, my makeup lady couldn't make it at the last minute because her son died - my dress maker messed up the skirt of my dress and my "after" outfit, the  Minister raved on for over 45 min and I nearly feinted, people were insulted because I didn't get to speak to everyone, the photographer missed taking several crucial photgraphs, I probably took several people for granted and it looked like we wouldn't get on our honeymoon because my husband's passport expired wihin 6 months and they won't let you out of the country if that's the case. (All fixed with a lot of last minute rushing around and begging and pleading) And there were lot's more "negative" events. But you know what? It was the happiest day of my life because it was the day my husband and I started our journey together. Did I enjoy my wedding day? no, not really - too much went wrong, but  it's not about the wedding - it's about the marriage!

December 2, 2007, 6:08 pm CST

08/08 Weddings Gone Bad

Quote From: rabates

I watched this show and I thought it was a very good show. Think job Phil did a very good job. But, there is one thing that really does bother me.  The wife on the first couple on the show, said that her husband hit her at the wedding while he was drunk. Plus he pushed her dad up against the wall  and hit the best man. Dr. Phil asked him if he got drunk all of the time.  He said that this was the first time he had ever got this drunk. This was the last thing he said about his drinking. I am not for certain. But, I accendently hit my wife and she never did for give me. I was very drunk at this time also. So, I am wondering if this is really why she could not for give her husband. I found out that we did not have that much sex after this either. She even said that she did not feel like having sex. So, mybe the reason why. Is that she was to scared of her husband to have any type of sex. Still am very worried about this couple. Just hope every thing works out all right. But I really don't think it will. Because, I think they really do need to get to the bottom of this.

Not sure if Dr. Phil reads this. But if he does. I sure wish he would write back to me. To let me know what he thinks.  Oh, They say that a person  can't remember any thing when he is drunk. Well, I think this is a bounce of bullshit. Because, I use to get drunk all of the time and I still remember everything, I ever did. So, please don't tell me that this person, can't remember hitting his wife and acting like a jerk at this wedding.  Mybe, he just wanted to hit his wife and mybe he did not like her dad, so he just went after him also. A person never knows. What a person is really thinking while he is drunk any ways.

Nice, but don't be worried.  TJ and Nicole are fine.  They are great people.  They are expecting a baby in 2 months.

We were the 3rd couple on the show.  We took our vacation to Hawaii with them and had a blast!  They really are a great couple, and we have maintained a great relationship since being on the show.  TJ does not have a drinking problem, and they are very much in love with each other.

For all of the "these brides seem spoiled" and "get over it"  posts, believe me.  We are over it, and we (both couples) are very happily married.  Most of these posts (not yours) sound bitter because Dr. Phil gave us a trip, but "their wedding was so much worse than ours."  You should have written the show.  We had an amazing experience being guests.

We just saw a commercial asking if you have had a wedding disaster, and we responded - because it applied to us.  Nobody was looking for a "freebie" (although the trip was awesome - first class all the way!).  We were just trying to add something to a show that we enjoy, and it worked out.

March 23, 2009, 1:46 pm CDT

Honeymoon Ban

My father-in-law-to-be died about 12 hours before our wedding. Since many people coming from around the state had already or arrived or were on the way, we decided to go ahead with the wedding but skip the honeymoon. Three years later, when our daughter was two, we dropped her at her grandmother's and tried again to take a honeymoon. We drove from central Illinois to central Iowa before a young man ran a stop sign and totalled our candy apple red 1966 Mustang.  I'm not real sure why I am writing since we pretty much swore off honeymoons after that.

We did not, however, swear off traveling. In fact, we retired in 2002, got rid of our stuff, and took off to explore North America. We've driven to Alaska, the Canadian Maritimes, including Newfoundland, and all but three states in the USA. We love our way of life and will be celebrating our 43rd anniversary this summer.

First | Prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | Next Page | Last Page