Message Boards

Topic : 03/22 Anna’s Aftermath

Number of Replies: 298
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, March 19, 2007, 05:20:36 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Nearly a month has passed since the burial of model and actress Anna Nicole Smith, and though she’s been laid to rest, the fighting and bitterness continue! Around water coolers across America, people have been talking about the alleged secret meeting between Howard K. Stern and Larry Birkhead – two of the men claiming to have fathered her daughter, Dannielynn. Exactly who is Dannielynn’s biological dad, and who will get custody of the baby? Then, Entertainment Tonight weekend host and correspondent, Kevin Frazier, reveals how his interview with Anna not only made him feel uncomfortable, but also caused an uproar after it aired! Plus, Howard K. Stern’s sister, Bonnie, joins Dr. Phil to set the record straight about Howard and Anna’s relationship. Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 22, 2007, 1:15 pm CDT

03/22 Anna’s Aftermath

In my opinion...Howard Stern is feeding the media by holding out on the DNA test.  I think he likes the attention....he seemed to love it while Anna Nicole was living so I'm sure he doesn't want it to stop!  He  may as well have "I'm not the real dad" written on his forehead....if he were positive that he was the real father  and was really concerned about that baby, he would do what is right and have had the test a long time ago.  I have no doubt he loved Anna Nicole....she was his bread and butter and link to even more bread and butter!!  And that baby is that link now...it sure looks obvious to me!  And I get kind of upset about the negativity about Virgie...Anna Nicole's mother....any mother, I would think, whether the relationship between her child and herself was good or not would be concerned about the welfare of a grandchild who is left without a mom.  Why is she being so criticized for that.....if there weren't millions to be inherited....people would applaud her for wishing to raise that baby....it's a natural response for her to want that baby.....the same with Larry Birkhead....he truly believes it's his child and he wants to be a part of its life....why is that so hard to understand?

March 22, 2007, 1:16 pm CDT

DNA means what ???

Quote From: shrimpety

quite frankly i don't see why howard k stern wouldn't be first in line to get the dna test done - media or no media.he's the onet hat has chosen to have that kind of lifestyle, he can't now ask not to.

i don't know who is the father but this all would be wrapped up in short order if all parties would do the right thing for the baby instead of themselves.

How many mothers  are raising their children without a birth father and with someone else ???? Sperm donor does not make a father .... he is the father he is on the birth certificate DEAL DONE ! He has nothing to prove to anyone but be a great daddy Anna always said he was ! they owe the public NOTHING !!!!!! So why do people feel intitled to know ?????  Makes me sick people dragging this out .Two people are dead let them rest in PEACE .

March 22, 2007, 1:19 pm CDT

Naive

Quote From: mnowak8202

When I was 2 months old my father left my mother and I. He never called or send any money. When I was 1 or 2 my mother meet a man. They married and he has always been my father He was there for me ALWAYS and still is. When I was 16 I meet my Biological father and he thinks he has rights to be called my father. Well you know what. Just because he left a deposit in my mom's uterus that is ALL he ever did for me. I think that weather Howard is the "biological father or not" he has been there thru the pregnancy and he loves Dannilynn with all his heart. He doesn't care about the money he cares about the child. He should be able to see her and be "uncle" if he is found not to be the father. Dannilynn will always feel an empty part of her due to her mothers death. The ONLY one of these men who can help Dannilynn REMEBER her mother is HOWARD. I mean these other "men claiming to be the father only had an affair with Anna not a LONG relationship and friendship like howard has.

I'm sorry but this is naive thinking.  Howard Stern has manipulated this entire situation.  I don't know what happened in your situation, but if you found out one day that your mother and your father who raised you, did so out of deception, lies and manipulation, and kept your biological father out of your life purposefully, how would feel when you found out the whole truth as a grown up?  This happens all the time.  Wouldn't you feel that your mother and the father who raised you deceived you and wouldn't you feel betrayed?  That is what will happen with this baby.  Howard Stern does not love this baby.  He sees dollar signs in her, whether it be in her inheiritance she may get, or in turning her into an enterprise like he did with Anna Nicole.  Then it will be Dannielynn who will be kept doped up and asleep between gigs to keep Howard Stern in his lifestyle.  Come on people... open your eyes!  Howard only has this child in his possession through manipulation.  If he is not the biological father, she needs to be with her biological father and now.

March 22, 2007, 1:21 pm CDT

Dannielynn's Attachments

My biggest concern is how Dannielynn will be affected if Howard K. Stern is not found to be her father and she is ripped away from him to live with a total stranger.  I'm sure Larry Birkhead would be a great father, but Dannielynn needs time to get to know him (or whomever else might be her father) before living with him. 

Dannielynn has developed an attachment with Howard K. Stern, and it WILL affect her in some way if he is not the father, either now or as she gets older, that she has lost him and her mother.  I hope that whomever is the father is willing to be patient and undergo visitation with Dannielynn for several months before removing her from the only man that has been a constant in her life.

After working with foster and adoptive children for several years, I believe that children develop attachments at an extremely young age (if not in the womb).  I can only hope that all persons involved in her life from this point on are aware of the dangers to her emotional health that could stem from a change in custody, even at such a young age.

March 22, 2007, 1:26 pm CDT

Larry Birkhead

When it is determined that Larry Birkhead is the father of Dannielynn, why must there be a home study done to see whether he would be a fit parent?  Is there a home study done when a newborn leaves the hospital.

If Larry is the father....he gets custody.  Period !!

As far as Howard K Stern goes, that sleazeball should fall off the face of the earth.  Check out his eyes in half the pics they show.  He looks like is high or stoned half the times.

March 22, 2007, 1:28 pm CDT

03/22 Anna’s Aftermath

Quote From: karabaughman

My biggest concern is how Dannielynn will be affected if Howard K. Stern is not found to be her father and she is ripped away from him to live with a total stranger.  I'm sure Larry Birkhead would be a great father, but Dannielynn needs time to get to know him (or whomever else might be her father) before living with him. 

Dannielynn has developed an attachment with Howard K. Stern, and it WILL affect her in some way if he is not the father, either now or as she gets older, that she has lost him and her mother.  I hope that whomever is the father is willing to be patient and undergo visitation with Dannielynn for several months before removing her from the only man that has been a constant in her life.

After working with foster and adoptive children for several years, I believe that children develop attachments at an extremely young age (if not in the womb).  I can only hope that all persons involved in her life from this point on are aware of the dangers to her emotional health that could stem from a change in custody, even at such a young age.

The baby is 6 months old.........do you remember what your life was at 6 months?  I dont.  So i sincerely doubt that this will have an emotionally effect on the baby.

March 22, 2007, 1:31 pm CDT

People take drugs

Quote From: tashaluv

If Mr.Stern is an Enabler which I believe he is seeing Dannylynn has No Mother,Brother now,I worry that she will meet the same fate as them and the Cycle must be broken before it's to late.    Mr.Stern Sold to the Media to the highest Bidder Photo's of Anna's Funeral,as well as other things right after Anna Passes away,are you kidding Me,that's so wrong IMO. My youngest Son's father passed away in Dec. 2006,and I could Never sell our pain for money.
    Mr.Stern Slams people while at Anna's Funeral,are you Kidding Me.
    Mr.Stern makes a Video of Anna that shows her painted like a Clown and seems to be on some type of Drugs,and that's from a Man who Loves Anna so much,come on.If it was Sterns Baby it's ok to make fun of Anna & ok she's High.
    When Mr.Stern was in Court he said that He Had No Money and Anna was nearly Broke before she passed away.Mr Stern had no source of Income & had Not worked in past few years,that Anna paid for whatever he needed.
    I get a Weird Vibe from Mr.Stern these day's,that I didn't have a few years ago,and I just feel that something isn't right with Mr.Stern,and this was after Daniel passed away that I sensed that.
    I didn't know Anna or anyone else in this Mess but I think that Anna could've pushed away the very people who wouldn't Enable her inc, her Mom Vergie who worked with the Police Dep. Against Drugs,I think the D.A.R.E program. People who use drugs or abuse them usually don't want to be around people who Love them & want them off drugs,and I herd that Anna walked away from people who Loved her & wanted her off the Drugs.
   Mr.Stern when at Court was saying that He Wasn't sure what Drugs she was taking,Come On are you kidding Me I just don't believe that. I think that Mr.Stern was scared that if he stepped up to Anna the woman he claimed to Loved so much about her Drug problem,she probably would have pushed him out of her life too,and there is allot of Money at stake if he was pushed out of the Picture. 
    Mr.Stern is also the one who told Anna Not to sign the paper for the House in the Bahama's,and Anna didn't and now the owner has to evict Mr.Stern because he won't leave & they didn't pay per the agreement.
    And I herd Anna had told the guy who owned the house she lived in that he was the father,as well as other guy's the same thing and maybe more gifts & money,that would be a reason not to get a DNA test done esp. if it's Larry's Baby which I think it is,but I don't think Larry has the money as some of the other Men have.
   I also herd that Anna kept Mr.Stern around because he knew too much about Anna's life/secrets,so it was easier to keep him around,and I could see that reasoning.
   I don't know how Anna was able to get Prescriptions for Narcotics in mail from any Dr. is beyond Me for that class of Drugs calls that you must goto see a Dr. to get the Rx's from what I was told & read,it's on the Web as well.
    What kind of person denies Biological family members from each other,the Baby didn't have a beef with them so let's start early in life to continue to Hate,deny this innocent child her right to know the only Blood Relatives she has left,that to Me is not Love,Caring,Compassion. But making Millions off of this Baby's Loss is the right thing to do according to Mr.Stern.
    I Hope Dannylynn ends up with someone who Loves her More then Money & wont sell her out like her Mother.

Howard can't be blamed only the person shoving drugs down teir throats can be blamed .She was a grown women !!! if she wanted and was addicted to drugs she would take them and get them anyway possible noone can stop them ! They all looked the other way ,what about the nurse who looked after her ,the bodyguard ,the doctor's who wrote the scripts and anyone else around them .lets throw blame everywhere and mostly to the rotten mother she hated ~  Why would Anna keep someone around she didn't love  Think about it ! She didn't keep any other guy around she had affairs with . The Nyguard guy said Anna loved Bahamas and he was the one who started taking her there long before she was pregnant .Stern did not ! He's the father everyway that matters!!! Anna wanted him to be the father that was her partner ! Larry wants this baby why ???? MONEY ! Larry was what before all this N O T H I N G !!!!  Howard is an educated man that I'm sure can make money very easily and he'll stillmake money on his own from Anna's settlement with Howard Marshall so he had no need to kill anyone just love them !

March 22, 2007, 1:33 pm CDT

Come on people!

Quote From: karabaughman

Dannielynn is 6 months old. She will adjust just fine. She somehow had to adjust to not having a mother anymore. It is so unfair to say ,even if Larry is the father she should stay with Howard. I believe Howard know that he is not the father, if he cared he should have allowed Larry to deal with his daughter long ago. It is not Larry's fault that Anna and Howard was too selfish that they never ever thought about the well being of the child. I say, if Larry is the father he needs to raise his daughter period!!! If she wanted a baby by Howard she should have gotten pregnant by Howard.

March 22, 2007, 1:34 pm CDT

You Bet He Did

Quote From: kimtxmom

Why else would the man have decided that he and Anna needed to move to the Bahamas once she turned up pregnant? He is a lawyer, he knew the paternity laws for the Bahamas (convienient, isn't it?) He has finally found a way to control the money without having to spend any of it on Anna or her son anymore... It's really scary that this man was willing to do so many horrible things to get his hands on J Howard Marshall's money. The sad part is how Daniel had his suspisions and hired the private investigator too late....And that this baby is getting attached to her mother and brother's killer.

I have not seen the paperwork pesonally to verify everything but I did hear along the line that everything Anna Nicole did - the boat purchase, the houses, the cars, the income from Trim Spa, her appearances, everything, was purchased by or went through ANS's company, Hot Smoochie Lips, Inc. out of California, for which she was President.  I see the corporation's status is currently suspended, but apparently HKS was an officer and the paperwork for the corporation transferred ownership to him immediately upon th death of ANS.  Interesting that at the trial in Florida, Stern apparently lied flat out to the judge about having any "financial interest."

http://kepler.ss.ca.gov/corpdata/ShowAllList?QueryCorpNumber=C2482239 

March 22, 2007, 1:38 pm CDT

03/22 Anna’s Aftermath

Quote From: dohnut

I just finished watching the Anna's Aftermath show and it was great to see someone finally ask if Howard is so sure he is the father, then what is holding him back from just doing the DNA test.  Howard's sister claims that Howard is willing to do so but not in front of all the media.  If this is true then why did Howard let Anna's funeral become such a spectical in the media, his plane ride home from Florida and his tears, again, all for the media.  It just seems hypicritical to me.  You can't have it both ways.  I do not feel that Howard's actions have at all been in the best interest of this poor baby!

Oh, and the pictures of Howard and Larry as babies......Danielynn looks like Larry!

I totally agree with everything you said!!!! Larry have been trying to do this DNA since she was born. I don't understand how people believes that Larry should just give up. Every other man that have given up is trifling and tired, but Larry should give up pulezzze!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last