Message Boards

Topic : 03/26 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention Follow-Up

Number of Replies: 90
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, March 23, 2007, 10:06:27 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Alex was an out-of-control 14-year-old who was stealing, running away, doing drugs and prostituting herself to older men when her family turned her in to Dr. Phil. After a tumultuous stay in The Dr. Phil House, Alex said goodbye to her mother, Kim, her grandmother, Jeanette, and her aunt, Enza, and headed to a therapeutic academy to be in a healthy learning environment. Six weeks have passed since Alex left and her family returned home without her. How has she adjusted to her new structured environment? Have Kim, Jeanette and Enza put aside their judgments and accusations, and come together once and for all? As Kim prepares for her daughter’s return, has she turned around the toxic family environment that contributed to Alex’s unhealthy behavior? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 26, 2007, 5:04 pm CDT

03/26 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention Follow-Up

I so agree with "cheesenip"   Everything was about ENZA in the end.

March 26, 2007, 5:41 pm CDT

Where is DADDY?

I could venture a guess he got run off by three domineering women who left this child seeking male reinforcement.  As I have not seen my daughter for over 19 years I can empathize with how I see the dynamics of her home life flow.  As a parent I believe I would have given a good blend of love and education so that the child understands her role in society.  As it is now all she portrays is a sex toy for perverted older men. Those of  her own age have not the financial means to be accepted by her nor have they the freedom to come and go. 
I hope the Dr Phil show continues to monitor her growth and will let us all see her transformation. Thank you for taking on this troubled family and I pray that they see all the harm that was done by their constant bickering.

March 26, 2007, 6:18 pm CDT

I really feel bad for Alex's mom. She is being dominated by two women, her mother and sister. Her mother has a calm quiet demeanor but she is very negative. She contributes no positive help to her daughter and weakens her more. You could tell she wants to continue living in her daughter's house. She needs to get her ass out! Granny is the one who can't care for herself, not her daughter. The Auntie Enza is completely obnoxious. She wants credit for herself in regards to her niece. I think if you could get inside her head you would find there is some jelousy somewhere. Does she have any children of her own? I hope Alex's mom puts some distance beyween these two women and takes Dr. Phil's lead and keeps getting professional help. I know she can help herself and her daughter if the other two will step back and if she puts ALL her focus and her own children and herself. They can do it. Afterwards she can ease the others back into the picture when she becomes less passive.

March 26, 2007, 6:35 pm CDT

I can't believe Dr. Phil didn't tell that Grandmother to step back.  She is NOT the mother of this child, and should NOT be giving advice or telling the children what to do unless she's asked by the mother to do so.  As far as that Enza goes, she is nothing but a troublemaker.  Why are these people SO involved in this child's life?  I can see caring about a neice or granddaughter, but they go WAY overboard!

March 26, 2007, 7:35 pm CDT

Alex's Cell Phone

I keep thinking about the cell phone Kim found under Alex's bed.  If Alex has been in treatment for 4 months, who's paying for the service on the phone that Kim didn't give to Alex, and why is Kim still using a cell with a number that is known by the men Alex used to service?

March 26, 2007, 8:13 pm CDT

Quote From: flmom38

It sure seems tome like Enza is a little too interested in looking like a hero and making everyone else looks like less of one.  Why does she need to keep reminding everyone that she is the one who got Alex help and she is the hero?  To me that says that she is not interested in working for the welfare of everyone involved.  Who cares who initiated the whole thing at this point?  Just do what it takes to get the girl help.
My thoughts exactly.

March 26, 2007, 8:31 pm CDT

hi

Quote From: betseelee

I keep thinking about the cell phone Kim found under Alex's bed.  If Alex has been in treatment for 4 months, who's paying for the service on the phone that Kim didn't give to Alex, and why is Kim still using a cell with a number that is known by the men Alex used to service?

you know i was thinking about that to. i feel that kim should cancel that cell phone service or if she doesnt want to do that she should change the phone number. its sad that men are still calling for alex. i really dont understand how alex bought the phone in the first place. i know she used the money she got from the men. but shes only 14. how could she sign up for cell phone service?

March 26, 2007, 10:50 pm CDT

hmmmmm

Quote From: cinopo

My thoughts exactly.

Yes I so agree. I watched the show today ( thank God for DVR). I believe Dr. Phil is the Help in this situation, not Enza. I dont want to judge her cause she may be sincere but it sure appears she likes causing drama to be the Hero later.

This whole situation with this child is so so scarey. You would think a child that is 14 years old would not have to experience the things she has.  Even sadder that there are children that are doing things like this at an even younger age than 14.

I do hope this young lady can go back to her home enviroment and continue living life as a 14 year old should.

March 26, 2007, 11:03 pm CDT

Old Saying

Quote From: pearlhanna

I enjoyed the follow-up story on Alex.  Hearing and seeing how well Alex is doing is great.

Jeanette needs to move out and figure out her own life.  Jeanette needs to focus on herself and be grandma.  I feel Enza has changed.  It seems like she contacted Dr. Phil to get Alex help.  However, the three of them deserve the credit as it was the goal to get Alex the help she needed.  The first 15 minutes of this episode I heard Enza try & heal the relationship between Kim and her by inviting them to Thanksgiving.  Maybe if Thanksgiving didn't work out they can try the 4th of July and set off fire works and celebrate the victories Alex has achieved.

Anyway, Dr. Phil you did a good thing for Alex.  I hope we continue getting updates on Alex.

I think the world is Happy to see Alex having good progress.  I know I am but as far as the Grandmother & Mother. When I was sitting her reading your post I heard my grandmother's voice. It was something she had said to me many years ago, an old saying I guess. "No house is big enough for two families". I think if Grandma lived near by in her own home it would allow her to be Grandma and enjoy her life more.  I know I would love to see another update on whole family.

Good luck to all of you, May God bless your lives!

March 26, 2007, 11:55 pm CDT

enza's relationship to the family

how exactly is enza related to the family? I know she is alex's aunt, but thats all i know.  is she kim's brothers wife?  or is she a sister of kim's ex-husband?  they seem to have know each other for a while.

also- does anyone know the ages of kim's other children?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last