Message Boards

Topic : 04/03 The Price of Privilege

Number of Replies: 61
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, March 29, 2007, 12:41:55 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
We’ve all secretly wondered what it would be like to live like a celebrity -- going to red carpet premieres, jet-setting to exotic destinations and having lots of money. Well, Dr. Phil’s guests say having it all can be a double-edged sword. A&E’s new reality series Sons of Hollywood follows the adventures of childhood friends Randy Spelling, son of the late Aaron Spelling; Sean Stewart, son of singer Rod Stewart; and David Weintraub, their manager and best friend. The show documents the struggles they face trying to make a name for themselves while living in the shadows of their famous fathers. They tell Dr. Phil the good, the bad and the ugly sides of having a famous name and growing up in the Hollywood scene. Plus, Dr. Phil speaks with guests who are obsessed with living the high life, or living life in the fast lane. Tiffany admits she’s obsessed with being in the spotlight, and loves to order people around as if she were famous. She even demands people call her Princess! Her brother and sister-in-law say they’re sick of her narcissistic ways. Then, Derrell and Esther are concerned that their son, Joel’s, rock-and-roll lifestyle could kill him. They say Joel’s party animal ways have already landed him in jail and almost in the morgue – but Joel says he has it all under control. What does Dr. Phil think? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More April 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 3, 2007, 2:00 pm CDT

life of privilege?

My boss is this way with her 17 year old daughter.  It's always someone else's faulty when she gets into trouble and she is always bailing her out.  She pays her fines and drives her all over when she loses her license for speeding  (95 in a 55-with a baby in the car the last time)  I feel she is holding her back instead of helping her to grow up.  It's the teacher's fault when she is disruptive at school and the teachers need to "understand that she is different"  Mom needs to understand it's time to let her take responsibility for her actions.  I get so frustrated with the drama.

April 3, 2007, 2:13 pm CDT

price of privilege

Thank you Dr Phil for this show. I pray my mother in law is watching, as my brother in law and new fiance are alcoholics, as was his x wife.

They will kill someone someday and nobody DARES say anything to the precious LOSER BRAT specially the mother in law, who now is mad at us again. We didn't talk for years as i took a stand on walking out one day and called cops due to drunk parents driving home children, EXTREME drunks.

this is not ok, however Phil, the way you said it today, gave me the affirmation i needed, as the mother in law mad at us again~ and she lives in a bubble and it is HER issue she won't address it.

she is also alcholic.

The x wife of brother in law had 3 DUI's, and he was almost fired from job, his job contacted family for intervention, and so they broke down and called us saying we were right.

he managed to con intervention group, so he thought~ but now drinking shots on way out of fishing vacation, before driving a LONG drive home with children. another relative tried to express concern to my steph mother in law.

nobody listens. i feel like crying as you said it all. I wish you were our relative

thank you! GOD WILL BRING AFFIRMATION, i believe he brought today thru you.

April 3, 2007, 2:22 pm CDT

Double Ass Sword My @**

I don't blame the spoiled brats so much as the parents.  I am definitely not making excuses for them, but these kids have nothing to compare their riches to.  They know nothing else.  Most of these now celebrity parents were poor so they are the ones that I blame.  They just let their brats run wild and give them money like it is water.  They than become useless and worthless to society, because they have always had handouts.  So whatever happens to to themselves or their kids is their fault.  The ones that I have a problem with are the dumb @**es that came from nothing (and are still NOTHING) and now have everything at their exposure. They know better about what REAL LIFE is about.  I have absolutely "NO SYMPATHY" for them....none at all.  Brittany Spears can crash and burn for all I care. She is such a loser along with her parents if they aren't reaching out to her.  Especially she has made then rich.....Geeeezzz

Randy appears to be somewhat well adjusted and living in the REAL WORLD.  I think I like you Randy Spelling :-)  *Huggies*.  You have a heart.  I am so sorry about the loss of your Brilliant Father, but "Be & Keep Strong Sweetie".  You do need to separate yourself from the Stewart jerk wimp though.  He is not in your league and can't even pretend to be.

April 3, 2007, 2:24 pm CDT

The price of privalege

Good grief, Dr.Phil, I have watched your show with interest over the past few years. The price of privalege show cases a bunch of spoiled brats who dont know what suffering is about. To them its just a catch phrase to a movie. No more hollywood for me and no more of these spoiled rich kids who do not know what life is all about. Sorry Phil, you are wasting my time.

April 3, 2007, 2:30 pm CDT

ktrgranny

Quote From: ktrgranny

My boss is this way with her 17 year old daughter.  It's always someone else's faulty when she gets into trouble and she is always bailing her out.  She pays her fines and drives her all over when she loses her license for speeding  (95 in a 55-with a baby in the car the last time)  I feel she is holding her back instead of helping her to grow up.  It's the teacher's fault when she is disruptive at school and the teachers need to "understand that she is different"  Mom needs to understand it's time to let her take responsibility for her actions.  I get so frustrated with the drama.

Granny, this is the very reason why his breed is BREEDING and HATCHING non productive, worthless wastes of flesh to our society.  Your boss, would be the first one that would holler if something happened to her, but why? since he is the reason for her eventual downfall.

You nailed it......"She should be held responsible for her actions" instead of excusing every dumb thing that she is obviously responsible for!

April 3, 2007, 2:35 pm CDT

Tiffany

You are very, very unattractive, so famous for doing what?  Definitely not looking good.  Now if you looked like me you probably would be adored and very, very famous......lol 

Hmmmm So I am guessing that the Dr. Phil show is the only 1 minute of fame you will get, huh?.....lol   Why he had you on his show I will "NEVER" understand.

April 3, 2007, 2:45 pm CDT

Do I feel sorry for Joel's TERRIBLE Parents?

N-O!!!!  They are getting "EXACTLY" what they both DESERVE!

April 3, 2007, 2:58 pm CDT

Some do and some don't

NO offense but is Princess Borat's sister?

Dr. Phil, your sons are part of the celebrity lifestyle and they are polite and well behaved.  Your older son is a lawyer, correct?  So, how do some celebrity kids do bad things and others don't? 

You're right about Joel.  My child had a drug problem and he turned himself around.  He was arrested.  I am proud cause my son turned himself around.  He is working and going to college for his Bachelor's. 

You know these kids aren't so well known that they can't go to an NA meeting...

Pearl

April 3, 2007, 3:03 pm CDT

this is a very disturbing story

Quote From: ktrgranny

I was very disturbed reading your story about your bosses 17 year old daughter.  It goes beyond the mother bailing her daughter out when in trouble and playing a blame game faulting teachers whenever something goes wrong.  This girl is driving 95 mph in a 55 zone with a BABY in the car?? She is endangering the welfare of an innocent child and someone ought to step in immediately to make suure this never happens again.  I am assuming this is the 17 year old's own child?  If it is, god only knows what else is happening..neglect, abuse etc.??  If it is not her child then whoever is allowing a baby in a car with her needs to wise up and fast!!

April 3, 2007, 3:20 pm CDT

Everything is relative

Just because these young guys don't find themselves in the same life curve doesn't make their problems any less important. Being an alcoholic doesn't give a rat's a**  what your bank account/parents are. The only thing I can say is the people who are attacking these guys are suffering too -from a horrendous case of envy. It doesn't make the person who is complaining any more legitimate either. LIGHTEN UP!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last