Message Boards

Topic : 04/11 Anna Nicole Smith: Family Controversy

Number of Replies: 759
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 06, 2007, 11:42:21 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The true Hollywood story of Anna Nicole Smith’s life and death has captured headlines and intrigued the American public. Now, a surprising new person has come forth and wants to set the record straight. Anna Nicole’s estranged sister, Donna Hogan, who hasn’t seen or spoken to Anna Nicole in years, has written an unauthorized book called, Train Wreck: The Life and Death of Anna Nicole Smith. Why does she say she’s not shocked by Anna Nicole’s death, and why did she write the book? Dr. Phil drills down to find out if Donna is really trying to set the record straight or if she’s just tarnishing Anna’s memory. Then, Entertainment Tonight’s weekend correspondent, Kevin Fraizer, and senior supervising producer for The Insider, Bonnie Tiegel, both key players in covering the Anna Nicole story, join the conversation. Find out what Anna Nicole told them about her relationship with her family members. And, Howard K. Stern’s sister, Bonnie, weighs in on Donna’s book and what she knows about Donna’s relationship with Anna Nicole. Why is she offended by Donna’s words? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More April 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 7, 2007, 12:03 pm CDT

Anna will not RIP until this case is resolved

It seems so many people are tired of hearing about Anna Nicole and Howard Stern....but, Anna was a  human being first; along with her son Daniel.  People every day take advantage of drug-addicted humans that most don't truly care about.  Despite all the controversy surrounding this case, many questions are still unanswered.  Howard Stern has turned this case into a circus arena by his corrupt behavior making it almost impossible to get the answers needed.    I'm sure if this was a daughter/sister/friend of yours, you'd be concerned as well as to their death.  Guess after the trial of O.J. Simpson, many people still are convinced that O.J. committed murder,  but good attorneys played it out that he was this dedicated caring human being....I, on the other hand, don't want another case to go unnoticed and let another person get away with some sort of conspiracy.  As in the case of O.J., many clues were brushed under the rug due to good attorneys and the almighty dollar.  Personally, I see this case heading in the direction Howard K. Stern wants it to go.  Let the media play it so people get so tired of hearing about it and maybe they'll go away and leave him alone.  With the cost of legal fees piling up for Vergie and Larry Birkhead, seems to me that Howard Stern is hoping that they will eventually tire from fighting for what it rightfully theirs.  So, Dr. Phil, you are very smart doctor who can look into someone's eyes and feel if they are telling the truth and I trust your judgment; as do many others. Thanks Dr. Phil for caring about  this case; as I do as well,  and keep fighting for Anna and her son's peaceful resting place and not let this case go unheard.....Anna would not have wanted that to be.......

April 7, 2007, 12:26 pm CDT

WE CARE

Quote From: lov2dance

Pleeez give it up on this Anna Nicole girl!  Let it go.  Who cares??!!!!!!  Talk about somebody who's 'famous' based on nothing!  She is irrelevant!!!!

WE CARE OR WE WOULD NOT LOOK OR LISTEN. DON HENLEY SAID IT BEST IN HIS SONG "DIRTY LAUNDRY" (GEE PAPPARAZZI)" IS THE HEAD DEAD YET?"  ...BUT I THINK SHE WAS BEAUTIFUL AND SO IS DANNILYNN...GOOD LUCK TO HER AND GOD HELP US ALL.

WE JUST CAN'T STOP LOOKING AT THE TRAFFIC ACCIDENT.

April 7, 2007, 12:56 pm CDT

AMEN ! ! !

Quote From: lorna45

Dear, Dear, Dr. Phil,
PLEASE, PLEASE!!  Enough all ready with the Anna Nicole Smith "CHICK".  It's not like she  saved the world from hunger, or did anythink that I have heard of that was uplifting to anyone. Even in the world we live in, we should expexct someone who get this much air time to have at least cured cancer.  Stop cashing in on her death.  Stop giving these nut cases a voice.  In my view she was nothing more then someones high paid tramp!!!   The only reason everyone is talking and writing about her is because they are making alot of money off of it.  Whatever happened to your programs that taught us something.  Now all we get is stuff that sales.  I'm growing very tired of these kind  of topics.

I really have no interest in Anna Nicole Smith.  She is dead.  I don't understand why Dr. Phil seems to be Howard K. Stern and family"s biggest cheer leader.  Dr  Phil, how can you ignore

the fact that it is HKS and family has keep this thing going for so long?  How can you defend

him when you know that most all of the drugs that killed Anna we perscribed to Howard K.

Stern?  Seems to me you should be demanding that HKS come clean and tell us why he kept

Anna drugged up for the past 10 years or so.  You should be demanding to know why both

he and her doctor friend, both, conveniently left after she had taken, or,been given,a lethal dose

of the drug that killed her.  Her doctor hadn't left her side for 6 months and Howard stuck like

glue until they both left  (conveniently) just before she died.  I think you should demand of that

family to bring HKS back to the United States to answer for his part in in this travesty of justice.

I don't think you should allow yourself to be used by HKS,  et.el. to become a HACK on his

behalf, even if it enriches you.

Why don't you tell us WHY you keep showing this  one-sided scenario ? ! ! !

April 7, 2007, 12:57 pm CDT

Anna Nicole - Family Controversy

Enough has been said about her life, death, and baby.  Where were all these interested people when she was alive.   I hope she is allowed to Rest in Peace, soon!

April 7, 2007, 3:01 pm CDT

04/12 Anna Nicole - Family Controversy

Anna Nicole was famous for what exactly again ?

She was an actress ? what was she in ?

She did make gold digging seem like a good carreer move for girls who wanted an easy way out of the trailor park (no offense intended honest ), and she never met a camera or drug she didn't like, so as a role model, she was a dud.

Why would the Doc spensd so much time on this ? Aren't there any REAL problems left to solve, for heaven's sake let the woman rest in peace.

April 7, 2007, 4:49 pm CDT

I am totally interested in seeing this show.

Without even knowing anything at all about Donna Hogan I would wonder if she is just cashing in on AN's celebrity status. I mean with all that's been in the media, I could probably claim to know AN and sit down and write a book! LOL As far as what Howard K's sister thinks, from what I've seen she's not really to be believed. I think it will be an interesting show.

April 7, 2007, 4:55 pm CDT

You are probably not at the end of the line!

Quote From: squeakycha

I would like to just go on record to the following:

I do hereby admit to being the father of Anna Nichol Smith's little baby girl.

•   In guardianship of her millions, i will not only give my little girl the style of life she deserves, seeing to it that she has the best  upbringing, exposure to the world's wonders, and access to superb education,  she also will be loved every moment; she in turn through the self-same trust fund may not be able to cure my MS and Rheumatoid Arthritis and Ostio-arthritic Spinal Spondiliothesis, but she sure as hell will elevate me from my meager pension to give me a more dignified disabled life and access to many more treatments to ease my pain and suffering than i could ever begin to afford.  And my disability is such that i can be mobile and active readily in her life.
  •   Life here in Canada is infinitely superior to most anywhere else in the world: safer; better educational access; universal health care; many wonders; all the natural resources the world is going to need as this century unfolds [water, fuel, timber, wheat,  are just a few of the natural resources in abundance here; fewer illegal arms; fewer legal weapons; almost one national holiday a month; four great distinct seasons; the most laid-back people in the universe  
  •   I would make the most loving parent completely separate from all the controversy surrounding her now, and i can be available to her 24/7.  I will love her to my last breath, which despite my health concerns should be well into her young adult years or more. 
  •   I love playing parlor games  and i am a cheerful lovable if lonely old fart as pictured here at a Christmas gathering  playing pictionary. My artistic skills demonstrated here alone should qualify me.  I am a much better soul than all the other 'players' in the disgusting media hype surrounding this poor girls life.  I would see to it that she melted into obscurity and normalcy very quickly becoming just whatever she grows into becoming.
  • I don't smoke, nor drink, nor do illegal substances, nor do i have potty mouth, nor any deviate behavior, yet i can be very understanding and tolerant.

Yes.  I think you should all recognize my formal admission here to being 'the' father

SoSaysSqueakyChair

[ p.s.   And despite how creepy this might seem at first, it really is a tongue-in-cheek attempt at humor that was only a half bad idea clicking 'POST' instead of 'CANCEL'. 

OMG-She looks exactly like you! Who is going to be your lawyer? Wouldn't it be something if this ended up on the front page of some rag magazine? "Yet another man claims to be the father of Dannielynn" LOL

April 7, 2007, 5:30 pm CDT

Let her rest.

Enough already! Please let her rest in peace. All this controversy is ridiculous, lets get on to things.

April 7, 2007, 7:40 pm CDT

A Fan of Anna Nicole Smith

It's so sad to hear people trashing Anne Nicole and running her down. Anna only wanted to make something of herself and she did just that, she didn't do it to please others, she did it because she wanted to make something of herself. Anna had a love for the camera and had a natural gift, it was something she loved to do, and while doing this she became famous in more ways then one, but whatever she chose to do in her life was her decision, not ours, so who are we to judge.

And for the people out there who are sick of the whole Anna Nicole story, go and find something else to do instead of putting your two cents worth in. If your not interested don't bother posting a message. If Anna knew what was going on today she would've loved knowing she was still centre of attention, that's who she was.

As for Howard K. Stern i feel he loved her from the start and did whatever he could to make her happy. Anna wasn't a person that could be told what to do, she was an adult for christ sake's. Anna was true to herself and everyone around her, she definitely wouldn't have taken any crap from anyone including Howard K. Stern.
Howard didn't force drugs into her, and who are we to judge on whether or not Howard didn't do enough to help her, we don't know, we weren't there. I believe Anna loved Howard because he  always stuck by her through thick and thin and was the closest person to her apart from Daniel.

Where was Howard when she became bankrupt, when she was sick, when people ran her down, when she struggled with her weight, when she gave him s**t, when nobody else bothered with her or listened? He was right by her side.

It's so sad that we live in a world of small minded and judgemental people.

It's only those who are true fans of Anna Nicole's that want to know what's happening since she passed away, so if you don't want to listen about Anna Nicole's story and what will happen to Dannilynn go and annoy someone else.

Anna Nicole, I have been a big fan of yours for years and always will be. I just hope that your life
after death is filled with happiness, love, and warmth, because it's not what this world is about.

One of your biggest fans in New Zealand

April 7, 2007, 9:30 pm CDT

I Love Your Sense Of Humor!

Quote From: squeakycha

I would like to just go on record to the following:

I do hereby admit to being the father of Anna Nichol Smith's little baby girl.

•   In guardianship of her millions, i will not only give my little girl the style of life she deserves, seeing to it that she has the best  upbringing, exposure to the world's wonders, and access to superb education,  she also will be loved every moment; she in turn through the self-same trust fund may not be able to cure my MS and Rheumatoid Arthritis and Ostio-arthritic Spinal Spondiliothesis, but she sure as hell will elevate me from my meager pension to give me a more dignified disabled life and access to many more treatments to ease my pain and suffering than i could ever begin to afford.  And my disability is such that i can be mobile and active readily in her life.
  •   Life here in Canada is infinitely superior to most anywhere else in the world: safer; better educational access; universal health care; many wonders; all the natural resources the world is going to need as this century unfolds [water, fuel, timber, wheat,  are just a few of the natural resources in abundance here; fewer illegal arms; fewer legal weapons; almost one national holiday a month; four great distinct seasons; the most laid-back people in the universe  
  •   I would make the most loving parent completely separate from all the controversy surrounding her now, and i can be available to her 24/7.  I will love her to my last breath, which despite my health concerns should be well into her young adult years or more. 
  •   I love playing parlor games  and i am a cheerful lovable if lonely old fart as pictured here at a Christmas gathering  playing pictionary. My artistic skills demonstrated here alone should qualify me.  I am a much better soul than all the other 'players' in the disgusting media hype surrounding this poor girls life.  I would see to it that she melted into obscurity and normalcy very quickly becoming just whatever she grows into becoming.
  • I don't smoke, nor drink, nor do illegal substances, nor do i have potty mouth, nor any deviate behavior, yet i can be very understanding and tolerant.

Yes.  I think you should all recognize my formal admission here to being 'the' father

SoSaysSqueakyChair

[ p.s.   And despite how creepy this might seem at first, it really is a tongue-in-cheek attempt at humor that was only a half bad idea clicking 'POST' instead of 'CANCEL'. 

Squeaky Chair, I loved your tongue-in-cheek humor.  I live in the US but you sure make Canada sound great!  I just wanted to tell you that I understand about your disability and lonliness.  I too, even though I've been married for 40 years, am a very lonely person and disabled as well.  I have watched everything concerning Anna Nicole Smith and it would not surprise me if it was not her late husbands child.  Thanks for the laugh.  I needed it tonight.  Have a great weekend. Redhead

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last