Message Boards

Topic : 04/11 Anna Nicole Smith: Family Controversy

Number of Replies: 759
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 06, 2007, 11:42:21 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The true Hollywood story of Anna Nicole Smith’s life and death has captured headlines and intrigued the American public. Now, a surprising new person has come forth and wants to set the record straight. Anna Nicole’s estranged sister, Donna Hogan, who hasn’t seen or spoken to Anna Nicole in years, has written an unauthorized book called, Train Wreck: The Life and Death of Anna Nicole Smith. Why does she say she’s not shocked by Anna Nicole’s death, and why did she write the book? Dr. Phil drills down to find out if Donna is really trying to set the record straight or if she’s just tarnishing Anna’s memory. Then, Entertainment Tonight’s weekend correspondent, Kevin Fraizer, and senior supervising producer for The Insider, Bonnie Tiegel, both key players in covering the Anna Nicole story, join the conversation. Find out what Anna Nicole told them about her relationship with her family members. And, Howard K. Stern’s sister, Bonnie, weighs in on Donna’s book and what she knows about Donna’s relationship with Anna Nicole. Why is she offended by Donna’s words? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More April 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 8, 2007, 7:21 am CDT

HIGH CONFLICT PERSONALITIES - COSTLY LEGAL DISPUTES

There is a common belief that disputes including legal disputes are about issues -- the bigger issues drive bigger, more difficult conflicts.  The decision to pursue a highly adversarial legal approach requiring the use of many legal procedures (deposition, subpoenas, hearings, and a trial) are often the result of a high conflict personality.  High conflict personalities often determine the direction of the entire case.  Some of my favorite books which provide a great introduction and insight are: 

High Conflict Personalities:  Understanding and Resolving Their Costly (Legal) Disputes by William A. Eddy

Why is it Always About You?  The Seven Deadly Sins of Narcissism by Sandy Hotchkiss AND Emotional Blackmail:  When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation and Guilt to Manipulate You by Susan Forward 

Stop Walking on Eggshells:  Taking Your Life Back When Someone You Know Has Borderline Personality Disorder by Paul Mason and Randi Kreger

How to Journal for Therapy:

http://arar.essortment.com/therapyjournali_repu.htm 

While some of this information is designed for legal professionals, mental health professionals, mediators, and other dispute revolvers, this information is also written for the average person who may be stuck in a dispute with a high conflict personality, or cares about someone who is involved in one. 

Hope it helps!

April 8, 2007, 12:17 pm CDT

Anna Nicholes Saga

Dear Dr. Phil, as a daily watcher of your show, I felt the need to comment. By the way I appreciate on your posting of the shows original air date, because that saves my electronics since my I tape you every day to watch later.  On the AN story why  do you and others give the Stern family so much air time, I quess they need to paint Howard in the best possible light, since he is tarnished..  I have seen them on others shows bad mouth Vergie Arthur, Have any of them lost a daughter or grandson, all of her actions have been critized by them.  Since of I have lost a precious daughter to cancer in the prime of her life I can emphaize with her.  That woman is grieving and should be cut some slack, she may not have the capacity to do any better than she than she does. Also Bonnie Stern got in her face at the funeral who gave her the right to do that to a greiving Mother. Virgie was a lady and  wlaked away she showed more class than Bonnie.  I AM not a fighter but I may have slugged her. I have followed this story very closely and everything I have seen or read points to Howard to be an enabler, in her drug story.  The tape that was shown during the hearing in Flordia proved that,  she was eight months pregnant and out of her mind and he was taping her and asked if she was on a mushroom trip and the tape would be worth lots of money, case closed.  Mr. Birkhead's story was he tried to get her off of drugs during the pregnancy, the duffle bag in the hospital and the duffle bag in the hotel room, proof postive he was enabling her.  He is not off the hook by any means.  She fled America with her enabler to get away from Larry because he was trying the help her get off drugs.  I believe her fued with her Mother started when  AN started taking drugs and her Mother tried to help her and as usual AN ran.  The statements she made on ET about her Mother were the drugs talking, since she was obviously on drugs during the interview.  I don't think AN knew where she was during  the taping.  A sad sad story from anyones perspective.  She may finally be happy and out of her misery.  Also Stern is holding Dannielynn hostage because I don't think he is her Father anymore than I am and I am a lady.  Dr. Phil normally right on the money but you got off track on this one.  Hi to Robin , Chris Coggsdale

April 8, 2007, 12:39 pm CDT

Love Anna Nicole Smith

my heart is broken since her death on 2/8/07 it was so sad since her son death also she was so heart broken she was so out of saddnes over her son Daniel my heart is so worried about her daughter Danielyn now hope the world allprayers for her to be safe & healthy & have the right people  keeping her happy & warm & taking care of her the wonderful one my love goes out to her Danielynis such a beautful baby girl want the very best to her please lets all pray for this baby girl to go to the right hands she not a toy she a person who needs alot of love & guild her to the right way in life with all my love to  all hugs Gingerxxxxxxxx

April 8, 2007, 1:02 pm CDT

ENOUGH OF ANNA NICOLE

Enough is enough! There is more to life and death than Anna Nicole Smith.  If it's not her plastered all over the news and papers then the newest one is Conrad Black and his trial.  Celebrities or famous people are just like us  in that they put on their pants one leg at a time.  When you or I die there won't be this big hula baloo in the papers.  LEAVE IT ALONE!

April 8, 2007, 2:09 pm CDT

Anna's Mother

I find it so upsetting to hear how "aweful" Anna's mother was/is and how she is just after the money...

I don't see her that way. I see a mother who has lost her daughter. She lost her many years ago when Anna chose drugs, Howard and "tabliod sensationalizm over her family.

Yes, Vergie made a lot of mistakes as Anna's mother. I have yet to meet a mother, who's child is involved with drugs, that has always done or made the right decisions when it comes to their child.  It is a very hard battle that few can win.

How can I say what I say with confidence? Because just this past Sept 24th I lost my own child, my only daughter, to the same fate. Her death was eerily simular to Anna's.

My daughter's name is Shelby Walker aka "Shelby Girl Walker" a professional boxer and mixed martial arts fighter.

Shelby, like Anna, loved the "lime light", and insisted on being the center of attention. In the profession she chose, women are quite literally in the "Center".

Shelby became addicted to alcohol while teen-ager, later pain pills became her "thing". Our mother/daughter relationship fell apart, she drifted away, and like Vergieis now, when Shelby was found dead alone in a motel from a drug over dose, I got the same judgemental treatment as Vergie, just not as public.

Answer one question...How is a mother suppose to act when their child dies? Is there a book out that Vergie and I missed? Instructions on how to be the "perfect grieving mother?"

If so, please let us know.

Shelby Girls Mom

http://www.shelby-girl-walker.virtual-memorials.com

April 8, 2007, 2:43 pm CDT

Vergie, Anna's Mom

It is so upsetting to hear and read about how awfully a mother Vergie was and how she is only after the money.

I'm am sure Vergie made a lot of mistakes while Anna was young and much more regrettable ones after Anna chose drugs, Howard Stern and "tabloid sensationalism" over her family. I know she has had every single one of her mistakes over and over in her thoughts and worse in her dreams every night. You will never be able to hurt her with your ugly rash judgments as much as her own guilt with it's millions of "if onlies" and "why's" she will always ask herself in her private moments.

How can I say this with such confidence? Because last Sept 24th I lost my own child, my only daughter to an over dose of pain pills. Hers was during an act of para-suicide (attempts that fail). The last of dozen suicide attempts over the last 20 years. This time she trusted the wrong people to "save" her.

Shelby's death was eerily similar to Anna's. She too was found dead in a motel room in Florida. Shelby was a professional boxer and mixed martial arts fighter. She has become addicted to pain pills following an injury early in her career. Our mother/daughter relationship had come apart as the drugs and the lifestyle took over. I became "Mommy Dearest" from what I have read in of her interviews.

I was and still am harassed by some of her "friends", the people who "loved her", the same people who enabled her to her death.  

When I see and hear Vergie and Anna's FAMILY, the ones who really knew "Vicky". All I see is their pain, their grief, their concern for the little baby girl "Vicky"  left behind.

If anyone knows how a grieving mother is suppose to act, since Vergie and I are so bad at it, if you know of a book of "rules" we need to study to get it right. Please let us know. OK

Shelby Girl's Mom

Virtual Memorials

April 8, 2007, 7:04 pm CDT

not really cheerful just worried

Quote From: stategirl1

my heart is broken since her death on 2/8/07 it was so sad since her son death also she was so heart broken she was so out of saddnes over her son Daniel my heart is so worried about her daughter Danielyn now hope the world allprayers for her to be safe & healthy & have the right people  keeping her happy & warm & taking care of her the wonderful one my love goes out to her Danielynis such a beautful baby girl want the very best to her please lets all pray for this baby girl to go to the right hands she not a toy she a person who needs alot of love & guild her to the right way in life with all my love to  all hugs Gingerxxxxxxxx
wrote a story about my role mdel Anna Nicoe early today really wasnt cheerful was so scare for the whole thing about my role model Anna Nicole Smith just want to say in my heart is so worried abou tthis really alot really loved her with all my heart& soul love all about Anna nicole Smith she was  everything to me wish this was over because she really not resting inpeace really miss her alot & want her to really rest in peace always saying Anna Nicole Smith really going to miss your smiling face & you beautful ways about you true fan with all my love to you Ginger loves Anna Nicole Smith forver & everxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

April 8, 2007, 8:44 pm CDT

Anne Nicole

I can't say that America is intrigued with Anna Nicole's life & death, I think the news media didn't give us a choice!  I'm about tired of hearing about it!

April 8, 2007, 8:55 pm CDT

A Men to Enough is Enough!

Quote From: k7k6c7

Enough is enough! There is more to life and death than Anna Nicole Smith.  If it's not her plastered all over the news and papers then the newest one is Conrad Black and his trial.  Celebrities or famous people are just like us  in that they put on their pants one leg at a time.  When you or I die there won't be this big hula baloo in the papers.  LEAVE IT ALONE!

I had a four year old grandson die suddenly on 3/26/06.  The last thing he ate before going to bed on 3/25 was a peanut butter sandwich (Peter Pan #2111 recalled)  I have tried for weeks to get FDA, CDC, Health Depts. or News Media's to test this peanut butter, report on it, investigate it or something to help my son.  No one cares & no one will help.  The only answer we got was from the CDC stating sorry we're not testing peanut butter anymore.  However, here is the address to get a refund. 

April 8, 2007, 11:20 pm CDT

Anna Nicole Smith

Hear Hear! I also wish people would just leave her alone and let her rest in peace. She had alot of problems in life, people should understand that and just leave her alone. People coming up now and saying 'I'm the father of her child' or 'I loved her and now I want to make money off her' to sell her diaries of possessions, is just disgusting. I think all those things should be kept private. People just want to make money off her. I think she was very misunderstood.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last