Message Boards

Topic : 04/11 Anna Nicole Smith: Family Controversy

Number of Replies: 759
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 06, 2007, 11:42:21 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The true Hollywood story of Anna Nicole Smith’s life and death has captured headlines and intrigued the American public. Now, a surprising new person has come forth and wants to set the record straight. Anna Nicole’s estranged sister, Donna Hogan, who hasn’t seen or spoken to Anna Nicole in years, has written an unauthorized book called, Train Wreck: The Life and Death of Anna Nicole Smith. Why does she say she’s not shocked by Anna Nicole’s death, and why did she write the book? Dr. Phil drills down to find out if Donna is really trying to set the record straight or if she’s just tarnishing Anna’s memory. Then, Entertainment Tonight’s weekend correspondent, Kevin Fraizer, and senior supervising producer for The Insider, Bonnie Tiegel, both key players in covering the Anna Nicole story, join the conversation. Find out what Anna Nicole told them about her relationship with her family members. And, Howard K. Stern’s sister, Bonnie, weighs in on Donna’s book and what she knows about Donna’s relationship with Anna Nicole. Why is she offended by Donna’s words? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More April 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 9, 2007, 7:30 am CDT

04/12 Anna Nicole - Family Controversy

I am truly sorry that Anna Nicole Smith has died at such an early age.  But really who is she?  She is a girl from a small Texas town who did not get along with her family, so she left to be a stripper then pose naked for a mens magazine and marry an 80 something year old millionare.  Then fought in Texas and Federal courts for 10+ years to gain her late husbands fortune and is famous just for the sake of being famous.  Then meets an attorney who keeps her high on a constant basis and acts like he is trying to help her.  Palease, give me a break he may not have killed her directly but jeeez come on people.  The girl is dead leave her alone.  Her son died three days after the birth of her daughter so not only was there post pardom depression going on she was greiving the loss of her son and hopped up on methadone, she didn't have a chance in hell.  I can't help but reading or watching every article or show about her but really why are we so intrigued.  What did she do for us except stay in the rag magazines and give us something to read while we stood in the check line at the grocery store.  Please stop talking about her, and let her Rest in peace.  Her family couldn't have a peice of her while she was alive and now they are trying to hone in on her and make money off of her death.  It's pathetic.  If you want to grieve the loss of a family member FINE, but you don't write books about people you didn't know for their whole adult life.  This crap is just aggrivating and annoying.  Please Please let's let Anna Nicole Smith rest in peace and her daughter have as normal of a life as possible.

April 9, 2007, 8:58 am CDT

i

Quote From: possumone

Dear Dr. Phil, as a daily watcher of your show, I felt the need to comment. By the way I appreciate on your posting of the shows original air date, because that saves my electronics since my I tape you every day to watch later.  On the AN story why  do you and others give the Stern family so much air time, I quess they need to paint Howard in the best possible light, since he is tarnished..  I have seen them on others shows bad mouth Vergie Arthur, Have any of them lost a daughter or grandson, all of her actions have been critized by them.  Since of I have lost a precious daughter to cancer in the prime of her life I can emphaize with her.  That woman is grieving and should be cut some slack, she may not have the capacity to do any better than she than she does. Also Bonnie Stern got in her face at the funeral who gave her the right to do that to a greiving Mother. Virgie was a lady and  wlaked away she showed more class than Bonnie.  I AM not a fighter but I may have slugged her. I have followed this story very closely and everything I have seen or read points to Howard to be an enabler, in her drug story.  The tape that was shown during the hearing in Flordia proved that,  she was eight months pregnant and out of her mind and he was taping her and asked if she was on a mushroom trip and the tape would be worth lots of money, case closed.  Mr. Birkhead's story was he tried to get her off of drugs during the pregnancy, the duffle bag in the hospital and the duffle bag in the hotel room, proof postive he was enabling her.  He is not off the hook by any means.  She fled America with her enabler to get away from Larry because he was trying the help her get off drugs.  I believe her fued with her Mother started when  AN started taking drugs and her Mother tried to help her and as usual AN ran.  The statements she made on ET about her Mother were the drugs talking, since she was obviously on drugs during the interview.  I don't think AN knew where she was during  the taping.  A sad sad story from anyones perspective.  She may finally be happy and out of her misery.  Also Stern is holding Dannielynn hostage because I don't think he is her Father anymore than I am and I am a lady.  Dr. Phil normally right on the money but you got off track on this one.  Hi to Robin , Chris Coggsdale

April 9, 2007, 9:28 am CDT

04/12 Anna Nicole - Family Controversy

Quote From: stategirl1

wrote a story about my role mdel Anna Nicoe early today really wasnt cheerful was so scare for the whole thing about my role model Anna Nicole Smith just want to say in my heart is so worried abou tthis really alot really loved her with all my heart& soul love all about Anna nicole Smith she was  everything to me wish this was over because she really not resting inpeace really miss her alot & want her to really rest in peace always saying Anna Nicole Smith really going to miss your smiling face & you beautful ways about you true fan with all my love to you Ginger loves Anna Nicole Smith forver & everxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ginger, please get help before it's too late for you too.  I say this because anyone who

would say that Anna Nicole Smith is her role model really needs help.  Please know there

is more to life than the kind of "fame" that Vicky achieved.  Would you really want to put your

parents, siblings, your own son and baby daughter through what she has?  And PLEASE,

if you have a Howard K. Stern  type in your life, DUMP HIM IMMEDIATELY.

April 9, 2007, 10:38 am CDT

Not surprised

So sad the Anna has such little self respect.  Is anyone really surprised at her death?  The real issue here is her daughter and will she repeat her mothers life?  Let's hope not.  Let that little girl have as normal a life as she can with her real father...if he is fit to care for her...no matter who he is.

April 9, 2007, 11:34 am CDT

Discerning vs. judgemental

Quote From: spocock69

It's so sad to hear people trashing Anne Nicole and running her down. Anna only wanted to make something of herself and she did just that, she didn't do it to please others, she did it because she wanted to make something of herself. Anna had a love for the camera and had a natural gift, it was something she loved to do, and while doing this she became famous in more ways then one, but whatever she chose to do in her life was her decision, not ours, so who are we to judge.

And for the people out there who are sick of the whole Anna Nicole story, go and find something else to do instead of putting your two cents worth in. If your not interested don't bother posting a message. If Anna knew what was going on today she would've loved knowing she was still centre of attention, that's who she was.

As for Howard K. Stern i feel he loved her from the start and did whatever he could to make her happy. Anna wasn't a person that could be told what to do, she was an adult for christ sake's. Anna was true to herself and everyone around her, she definitely wouldn't have taken any crap from anyone including Howard K. Stern.
Howard didn't force drugs into her, and who are we to judge on whether or not Howard didn't do enough to help her, we don't know, we weren't there. I believe Anna loved Howard because he  always stuck by her through thick and thin and was the closest person to her apart from Daniel.

Where was Howard when she became bankrupt, when she was sick, when people ran her down, when she struggled with her weight, when she gave him s**t, when nobody else bothered with her or listened? He was right by her side.

It's so sad that we live in a world of small minded and judgemental people.

It's only those who are true fans of Anna Nicole's that want to know what's happening since she passed away, so if you don't want to listen about Anna Nicole's story and what will happen to Dannilynn go and annoy someone else.

Anna Nicole, I have been a big fan of yours for years and always will be. I just hope that your life
after death is filled with happiness, love, and warmth, because it's not what this world is about.

One of your biggest fans in New Zealand

The only things sad about this Anna Nicole saga are the things Anna did to herself and to  her family..  She was in charge of herself and her two children.  She let herself be used by people

around her who didn't really love her.  She pushed away all those who tried to help her.  She

blamed her mother and trashed her only when she started taking dope and her mother tried

to re-direct the path she took.

If no one who disagrees with you posted a message,  you might believe we all agreed with

you.

Yes, Howard was right by her side.  He was there when she started taking drugs; he got her

the dope, by the bags full, in his name.  He dolled them out to her when she was in the hospital trying to get off the drugs while pregnant.  He filmed her when she was pregnant and so high

she couldn't see straight,and quipped about how the film would bring money.  In fact you could say that he was right there, all the way down her slide to death.  Is that love? 

The above is the DIFFERENCE between being JUDGEMENTAL and DISCERNING.  I don't know how old you are but I sincerely hope you learn the difference before you get any older.

April 9, 2007, 2:58 pm CDT

Anna NIcole

I'm very upset about this problem they having...why don't they live the dead alone...and for the Stern Family and Anna Nicole's family...there is one thing i know, they only wants the money that this child is getting...all of them are just into the money...The baby should be sent to his own real father....Howard Stern was and is a freeloader and should be vanish from Dannielyn's life....He is very conniving and devious...he needs to get his own job since he don't have anything anymore....trying to sell Anna Nicoles belongings is also very low of him, but Ebay didn't allow him to get an account with them...Good for him, he got no right to anything...any judge should make him leave the things and the baby alone.....Give her to her rightful father...its obvious that she is not Stern's daughter....she looks like Larry Birkhead, blue eyes too....Come on now...Stern go get a life!!!

April 9, 2007, 3:06 pm CDT

That is so sad

Quote From: renamae

The only things sad about this Anna Nicole saga are the things Anna did to herself and to  her family..  She was in charge of herself and her two children.  She let herself be used by people

around her who didn't really love her.  She pushed away all those who tried to help her.  She

blamed her mother and trashed her only when she started taking dope and her mother tried

to re-direct the path she took.

If no one who disagrees with you posted a message,  you might believe we all agreed with

you.

Yes, Howard was right by her side.  He was there when she started taking drugs; he got her

the dope, by the bags full, in his name.  He dolled them out to her when she was in the hospital trying to get off the drugs while pregnant.  He filmed her when she was pregnant and so high

she couldn't see straight,and quipped about how the film would bring money.  In fact you could say that he was right there, all the way down her slide to death.  Is that love? 

The above is the DIFFERENCE between being JUDGEMENTAL and DISCERNING.  I don't know how old you are but I sincerely hope you learn the difference before you get any older.

Howard Stern was a freeloader...He shouldn't have  give up his job even if he was on Anna Nicole's side, he was a user, he is no good...if he truly love Anna he could have help her from withdrawing from that drugs she was taking...He should get a life now, but he is truly waiting to get that money...I think he has something to do with Daniel's death  because he know that he is the sole beneficiary of Nicole and if he gets rid of Daniel he will be next in line, but Anna did not change the will...so he got no say on that...it all goes to Daniel and of course he will fight to the end to get the child so he will use her money...He is an evil man..He should get lost and get a life for his own.

April 9, 2007, 8:57 pm CDT

GIve it up!

Hey, I am in total agreement with everyone.  Give it up.  I am so sick of hearing about people.  Even though it is tragic that she died and that her daughter dosn't have a father.  It is not like any of these guys want the baby because they love her and want her to have a good life.  If she didn't have so much money do you think any of these people would give a crap about her.  So she will be used for her money and taken advantage of and miss out of love from her family because she has all this money. It is crap.  But give it up.  Anna Nicole is not comming back and i will not watch the show because it is about her.  If you must discuss her tell all the good things she has done that should be good for about 10 min of air time.

Sherri

April 10, 2007, 12:03 am CDT

Reality TV vs Anna Nicole Smith

Hey Dr. Phil-----what's up with this topic----WHO CARES?  ANS (sic) is dead and gone.  Time to give it up and go back to what you do really well.  I live in reality everyday unlike the ppl who want to stir up this stupid subject.  How about we let sleeping dogs lie?  If ANS sister Donna wants to write a book from HER VIEWPOINT, then let her---she's entitiled to her opinion!!!  Your guests today really cannot say very much about what they do for a living since ET & TI are, basically, GOSSIP columnists---is that what your show has become?  COME BACK TO REALITY...............................

April 10, 2007, 1:13 am CDT

Good references

Quote From: anon_slc

There is a common belief that disputes including legal disputes are about issues -- the bigger issues drive bigger, more difficult conflicts.  The decision to pursue a highly adversarial legal approach requiring the use of many legal procedures (deposition, subpoenas, hearings, and a trial) are often the result of a high conflict personality.  High conflict personalities often determine the direction of the entire case.  Some of my favorite books which provide a great introduction and insight are: 

High Conflict Personalities:  Understanding and Resolving Their Costly (Legal) Disputes by William A. Eddy

Why is it Always About You?  The Seven Deadly Sins of Narcissism by Sandy Hotchkiss AND Emotional Blackmail:  When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation and Guilt to Manipulate You by Susan Forward 

Stop Walking on Eggshells:  Taking Your Life Back When Someone You Know Has Borderline Personality Disorder by Paul Mason and Randi Kreger

How to Journal for Therapy:

http://arar.essortment.com/therapyjournali_repu.htm 

While some of this information is designed for legal professionals, mental health professionals, mediators, and other dispute revolvers, this information is also written for the average person who may be stuck in a dispute with a high conflict personality, or cares about someone who is involved in one. 

Hope it helps!

I'm gonna check them out, thanks.

Now, I know why I am interested in this story (but not so much as some other similar tales of this genre) -- it may sound cruel, but it is a relief from the real world and real news.

Yes, I am sorry for her children, both her dead son, whom I think she abused emotionally by demanding that he be all to her - son, father, boyfriend (and I don't know how far that went) and her daughter, who has come into a very nasty personal world.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last