Message Boards

Topic : 04/11 Anna Nicole Smith: Family Controversy

Number of Replies: 759
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 06, 2007, 11:42:21 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The true Hollywood story of Anna Nicole Smith’s life and death has captured headlines and intrigued the American public. Now, a surprising new person has come forth and wants to set the record straight. Anna Nicole’s estranged sister, Donna Hogan, who hasn’t seen or spoken to Anna Nicole in years, has written an unauthorized book called, Train Wreck: The Life and Death of Anna Nicole Smith. Why does she say she’s not shocked by Anna Nicole’s death, and why did she write the book? Dr. Phil drills down to find out if Donna is really trying to set the record straight or if she’s just tarnishing Anna’s memory. Then, Entertainment Tonight’s weekend correspondent, Kevin Fraizer, and senior supervising producer for The Insider, Bonnie Tiegel, both key players in covering the Anna Nicole story, join the conversation. Find out what Anna Nicole told them about her relationship with her family members. And, Howard K. Stern’s sister, Bonnie, weighs in on Donna’s book and what she knows about Donna’s relationship with Anna Nicole. Why is she offended by Donna’s words? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More April 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 10, 2007, 7:29 am CDT

Enjoying the fame!

Dr. Phil,

I don't think Anna Nichole's sister knows anything she is talking about!

I think it is all for the fame and fortune! Just like her mother, she had to wait

until Anna died to come out of the wood work and make a big scene! If they

have been out of touch then how can she know???? She is trying to make a buck,

and so is her mother!!!!

April 10, 2007, 9:56 am CDT

sister is a sister!

Why shouldn't she do this?  A sister knows alot more than anyone else about many things regardless of time away?  Since when can Anna's life be determined as any time away as changing much?  She stayed on drugs for as many years, so did my sister and I promise

I knew alot more about her than those around her helping enable drug abuse!

Howard sister on the other hand is the one who cannot possible really know much?  She was around a drugged up overly popular, mentally messed up person?

I sat back for years knowing that drugs probably would take my sister, it didn't somehow she managed through it, but it is hard to hear people think that absence changes what you are to a person on drugs?  You still love them, know them without drug enduced thinking and actions and because you did not enable the drug use you was out of thier life?

I'd like to tell off more than a few on cases like this: those around teh drug users first and formost for not being any kind of friend at all is proved through thier standing by watching them kill their bodies and minds.  how dare they know who that person really is when what they see and hear is drugged up, drunk or under media focus so much?

maybe the sister is wrong, maybe she just does what else her sister did not do?  Tell a view on what childhood brings into adult life?  Anna's family is taking way too much heat for what so many others has condoned, enabled and profitted over that eventually killed thier family member!  Disgrace a memory?  The reality show did so much harm to Anna that nto much else could do it?  This case is a good example of many things: that a absent sister does not know about who her sister is, is in fact one fo them.  I am fortunate that my sister and I did after many years of absence because of her outlandish life of drug abuse, get our relationship back.  She was still the sister I knew even after all of it, the one I knew not those with her when she was high or drunk!  I may change my mind on alot after the show, but I won't change my mind that a sister has more right to tell a story from her prospective than the people who helped the train wreck move toward just that a wreck!

April 10, 2007, 10:08 am CDT

04/11 Anna Nicole - Family Controversy

Quote From: plaedies

Hey Dr. Phil-----what's up with this topic----WHO CARES?  ANS (sic) is dead and gone.  Time to give it up and go back to what you do really well.  I live in reality everyday unlike the ppl who want to stir up this stupid subject.  How about we let sleeping dogs lie?  If ANS sister Donna wants to write a book from HER VIEWPOINT, then let her---she's entitiled to her opinion!!!  Your guests today really cannot say very much about what they do for a living since ET & TI are, basically, GOSSIP columnists---is that what your show has become?  COME BACK TO REALITY...............................

I agree to a point and those gossip shows lavished them guest including Anna to get what story they wanted.  Guests get extreme housing. food, activities and paid. half of the show is advertising fro themselves not about issues.  What Anna did not tell on thier show is what I hope the grandmother does tell.

A drug adict, an alcoholic, a over sexed media seeker for attention and living has a believe about who she wants by her baby?  I watched Anna's reality show and found her so much like my sister, who I also was estranged from for years til she cleaned up.  I also seen those around her just as bad as my sisters enablers: they proclaim such a loving relationship with someone they cannot possible know?  they was rarely in thier right mind, thier minds mostly focused on drugs?  BUT I think this case opens alot of avenues to what is needed: over-prescribed medications, enablers helping harm and kill through them and parents who do drugs, get drunk with a child to care for?  Sue me howard teh coward hiding behind a baby, get a job, get a life and let this baby be with people who truely are connected, care and that you would not let the grandmother even hold the baby proved how pathetic you are!  What did Anna know, it was her Mom who raised her son the first 7 years not Anna, because of her important lime light?  Why would anyoen around her listen to her wishes, she couldn't even stay off drugs for the baby?

The so called friends cannot possibly care more or they would have done more to protect the baby from her addicted Mom?  reality over Anna's story I hope gets more coverage on childrens rights to be protected and treated equal under the law from the adults who are suppose to love and protect them.  Howards family is now famous for what?  I do not want friends like that or for  any one I care about!

April 10, 2007, 10:17 am CDT

Quote From: gr8fab5

So sad the Anna has such little self respect.  Is anyone really surprised at her death?  The real issue here is her daughter and will she repeat her mothers life?  Let's hope not.  Let that little girl have as normal a life as she can with her real father...if he is fit to care for her...no matter who he is.

The father? both them men are already making deals before the results are out?

that means the money is a big factor.  it is why I think the grandmother should be over the baby's life and stay there.  I cannot believe how many people buy into the Howard Stern family?

What a crock.  Enablers and thsi baby should have been taken away at brith!  They choose to live where the laws do not protect a newborn born addicted is what I think.

real father? I doubt that will happen for this poor little girl as long as he has control over the money, whoever he is.

April 10, 2007, 10:27 am CDT

Quote From: spocock69

It's so sad to hear people trashing Anne Nicole and running her down. Anna only wanted to make something of herself and she did just that, she didn't do it to please others, she did it because she wanted to make something of herself. Anna had a love for the camera and had a natural gift, it was something she loved to do, and while doing this she became famous in more ways then one, but whatever she chose to do in her life was her decision, not ours, so who are we to judge.

And for the people out there who are sick of the whole Anna Nicole story, go and find something else to do instead of putting your two cents worth in. If your not interested don't bother posting a message. If Anna knew what was going on today she would've loved knowing she was still centre of attention, that's who she was.

As for Howard K. Stern i feel he loved her from the start and did whatever he could to make her happy. Anna wasn't a person that could be told what to do, she was an adult for christ sake's. Anna was true to herself and everyone around her, she definitely wouldn't have taken any crap from anyone including Howard K. Stern.
Howard didn't force drugs into her, and who are we to judge on whether or not Howard didn't do enough to help her, we don't know, we weren't there. I believe Anna loved Howard because he  always stuck by her through thick and thin and was the closest person to her apart from Daniel.

Where was Howard when she became bankrupt, when she was sick, when people ran her down, when she struggled with her weight, when she gave him s**t, when nobody else bothered with her or listened? He was right by her side.

It's so sad that we live in a world of small minded and judgemental people.

It's only those who are true fans of Anna Nicole's that want to know what's happening since she passed away, so if you don't want to listen about Anna Nicole's story and what will happen to Dannilynn go and annoy someone else.

Anna Nicole, I have been a big fan of yours for years and always will be. I just hope that your life
after death is filled with happiness, love, and warmth, because it's not what this world is about.

One of your biggest fans in New Zealand

He did not support her financially, rather he convinced her to include him on the ownership of the company he created.  he did not stand by her, he stood next to her while she took drugs an drank even while pregnant, he was broke when they hooked up,  her son was havign him investigated because of the influene he was having that could hurt her?

I was not a fan, I watched her reality show because of how she was like my sister who had so many friends helping her drink, do drugs and be scandilous.  She is gone but she left a legacy of what far too many people have: enablers!

Families do hurt from what so called friends enable thier loved one with!

The only people who I seen truely do right by Anna was her Mom, and that was trashed because Anna did not want to go back into rehab, was probably afraid of losing another child for not able to take care of it properly and Howard is not any role model of any kind of good friend.  Why do you think they lived away from us? to protect themselves not the baby!

that a drugged up, messed up mind Anna wanted to punish her Mom through this baby and he

followed up on it shows exactly how pathetic he is.  he only let the grandmom look at her sleep, and threatened her not to touch her?  he needs to get a job and that will prove what he is made of and it will be by his own hands and mind he earns money not through a child!

April 10, 2007, 12:53 pm CDT

Thought I would share this for anyone who's missed it or hasn't heard yet,

DNA confirmed Larry Birkhead is the FATHER, now can we get on with our lives ?

April 10, 2007, 4:28 pm CDT

anna nicole_family controversy

Quote From: lov2dance

Pleeez give it up on this Anna Nicole girl!  Let it go.  Who cares??!!!!!!  Talk about somebody who's 'famous' based on nothing!  She is irrelevant!!!!
 how   could   any   human  be  irrelevant?anna  was   a   women,  mom  X2,  actress,  somebodies  little  girl.  you   call  that  irrelevant?  may  anna   r.i.p.  however  too   many  people   are   making    money   off   this   terrible  tragedy.   it   is   a   sad  day   when   any   human   is  used   over   and   over,  even   in  death.

April 10, 2007, 5:06 pm CDT

How sad

Quote From: shetypes

Why shouldn't she do this?  A sister knows alot more than anyone else about many things regardless of time away?  Since when can Anna's life be determined as any time away as changing much?  She stayed on drugs for as many years, so did my sister and I promise

I knew alot more about her than those around her helping enable drug abuse!

Howard sister on the other hand is the one who cannot possible really know much?  She was around a drugged up overly popular, mentally messed up person?

I sat back for years knowing that drugs probably would take my sister, it didn't somehow she managed through it, but it is hard to hear people think that absence changes what you are to a person on drugs?  You still love them, know them without drug enduced thinking and actions and because you did not enable the drug use you was out of thier life?

I'd like to tell off more than a few on cases like this: those around teh drug users first and formost for not being any kind of friend at all is proved through thier standing by watching them kill their bodies and minds.  how dare they know who that person really is when what they see and hear is drugged up, drunk or under media focus so much?

maybe the sister is wrong, maybe she just does what else her sister did not do?  Tell a view on what childhood brings into adult life?  Anna's family is taking way too much heat for what so many others has condoned, enabled and profitted over that eventually killed thier family member!  Disgrace a memory?  The reality show did so much harm to Anna that nto much else could do it?  This case is a good example of many things: that a absent sister does not know about who her sister is, is in fact one fo them.  I am fortunate that my sister and I did after many years of absence because of her outlandish life of drug abuse, get our relationship back.  She was still the sister I knew even after all of it, the one I knew not those with her when she was high or drunk!  I may change my mind on alot after the show, but I won't change my mind that a sister has more right to tell a story from her prospective than the people who helped the train wreck move toward just that a wreck!

that you, as you say, "sat back and watched your sister", knowing she was risking her life using drugs and yet you did nothing.  Then, in the next breath, you try to indict Howard et al for NOT DOING ANYTHING TO STOP ANNA? 

Thinking that baby would be better off with the grandmother - are you sure?  Didn't you see the video of her behavior at her daughter's funeral?  Not a picture of the loving mother. 

Let the poor woman rest in peace.  Speaking ill of the dead demeans you. 

April 10, 2007, 5:55 pm CDT

04/11 Anna Nicole Smith: Family Controversy

Quote From: ceildh1

Thought I would share this for anyone who's missed it or hasn't heard yet,

DNA confirmed Larry Birkhead is the FATHER, now can we get on with our lives ?

LMFAO...seriously!

April 10, 2007, 6:01 pm CDT

04/11 Anna Nicole Smith: Family Controversy

Quote From: mokey49

how   could   any   human  be  irrelevant?anna  was   a   women,  mom  X2,  actress,  somebodies  little  girl.  you   call  that  irrelevant?  may  anna   r.i.p.  however  too   many  people   are   making    money   off   this   terrible  tragedy.   it   is   a   sad  day   when   any   human   is  used   over   and   over,  even   in  death.
Irrelevant in relation to the big deal made out of her death? Yeah, she's irrelevant. I'd rather a big deal made out of someone who made a real difference, someone who did people some good, someone WORTHY of time and honor.  Soldiers die EVERYDAY. Children die EVERYDAY.  GOOD women who were there for their families DIE EVERYDAY.

You don't see a big deal made out of that...not like this.

This isn't reality. This is not important. This is not attention worthy. It's irrelevant.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last