Message Boards

Topic : 04/11 Anna Nicole Smith: Family Controversy

Number of Replies: 759
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 06, 2007, 11:42:21 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The true Hollywood story of Anna Nicole Smith’s life and death has captured headlines and intrigued the American public. Now, a surprising new person has come forth and wants to set the record straight. Anna Nicole’s estranged sister, Donna Hogan, who hasn’t seen or spoken to Anna Nicole in years, has written an unauthorized book called, Train Wreck: The Life and Death of Anna Nicole Smith. Why does she say she’s not shocked by Anna Nicole’s death, and why did she write the book? Dr. Phil drills down to find out if Donna is really trying to set the record straight or if she’s just tarnishing Anna’s memory. Then, Entertainment Tonight’s weekend correspondent, Kevin Fraizer, and senior supervising producer for The Insider, Bonnie Tiegel, both key players in covering the Anna Nicole story, join the conversation. Find out what Anna Nicole told them about her relationship with her family members. And, Howard K. Stern’s sister, Bonnie, weighs in on Donna’s book and what she knows about Donna’s relationship with Anna Nicole. Why is she offended by Donna’s words? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More April 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 24, 2007, 11:43 am CDT

04/11 Anna Nicole Smith: Family Controversy

Quote From: debbidebbi

If your brother (whom you loved) was constantly being subjected to awful publicity, and pointing fingers, and is overwhelmed with grief, would you just sit there and not defend him? Would you allow his name to be dragged through the mud? Maybe you don't have any siblings? Maybe you don't know what it's like to have a close family relationship. I do and I would have done the same as Howards sister is doing. BRAVO for her! BRAVO for being a constant in his life because obviously that is what he needs right now. Shame on you for passing judgement on something you know nothing about!  As for Vergie, maybe you missed the televised clip of Anna Nicole's mother shoveling 52 shovels of dirt on her grave and then walking over it!  That made me sick - and to think she actually wants to be a part of the baby's life? Not in this lifetime!  So get your facts straight before you pass judgement - lest you be judged!

That anyone dare judge a Mother for shoveling the 'counted' shovels of dirt on her daughter is so pathetic!  The one and only part of her funeral, her final resting place was that grave. To

shovel the dirt is putting alot of yourself there in that resting place with your loved one!

Walking over the path you layed with dirt is leaving your footprints before all the so called fans and fame seekers can dig some dirt, take flowers and lay a bunch of stuffed animals there?

Lest you be judged while judging and defaming a grieving mother?  Who has the proper way to grieve?  Especially in such a  horrid turmoil?  havign to be invited, sit there patienly listening to constant rude, disrespectful remarks, at your own childs funeral?  Please?

I am passing Judgement: I watched the reality show of Anna's aat teh time it was on, I seen much printed abotu the family members, it was all about getting pitty and publicity.

people keeping a Baby they knew was not thiers, no right to and then insisting the words of an addicted person who was still upset over the chewing out she got for using drugs while pregnant with please to get back in rehab?  Who is judging inproperly and without true facts?

Dead or alive now, the baby deserves the right to her family!  A stranger to this family and most definately to the addicted person cannot be judging?  Had there not been a celebrity how would all of the now defenders now think about the Baby's well being and safety?

To this day as was done for many generations: family buried thier own!  they dug the hole and they put the dirt on them, not strangers and certainly not anyone with possible connections to the cause of death?  I have seena mother try to crawl int he grave with her daughter before, she was so hysterically in grief?  who is her judge for that?  pain can run deeper than any emotion when a parent loses a child regardless fo problems in a family?

April 24, 2007, 11:47 am CDT

Quote From: leigh19802002

You know I am really tired of hearing bad things about Anna Nicole Smith.I,personally enjoyed watching her on TV..hearing about what was going on with her. I really liked her alot. I am so tired of hearing everyone say bad things about her.Everyone has skelotons in their closets.You as well as I do.The only differance is that she allowed everyone to know hers.I actually live like 20 min from this Donna Hogan...If I ever see her in a store I will have alot to say about what A loser she really is. It is funny to me that she knew this woman for like what 2 yrs if that and thinks that she can write a book about her. I mean HALF sister or not she did not even know her.If it makes her feel good that her claim to fame is to have a famous half sister then so be it. At least admit it!Donna I live in Kingwood..Iam sure that you know where that is. You really need to get a grasp on reality.You call Annas life a train wreck....Look at your own before you judge others.

It was a mess!  no matter wher you live, a sister who wanted to have a relationship with her sister who parents kept her form for years does in fact have the same right that Anna did when

she told gossip and lies about her family?  They do have a right to speak out and the book was started way before the deaths.  I do nto agree with all she did and said but it surely is a far greater right that a sister estranged has than them money seeking gossip shows and sibling of an enabler.

I am so glad the Baby is away from those selling pictures, using her for money and holding her rightful father away from her, let alone keepign her out of her own country to do it all.

If the baby's father has any brains he knows that the Grandmotehr had good reason to fear for her daughters life, obviously she was right, regardless of how angry it made the drug addict?

April 24, 2007, 5:35 pm CDT

BloodSuckers

Quote From: angela05

Okay, first of all, whether or not Donna Hogan has been in Anna's life forever doesn't matter, they're sisters and family is family. Everyone wants to jump on Donna's case about the book she wrote, look at how many things Anna has said about her own family. The spokesman for trimspa, and his wife, have no business sitting there dogging Ms. Hogan.  Hey, has anyone thought that maybe she is honest in what she has said and wrote?  American slowly watched her disintegrate, and seeing as Howard Sterns sister, and the Trimspa people we're "such good friends" than why didn't they do anything about it? And what really ticked me off is when the spokesmans wife was sitting there making comments and acting cocky. Who is she to say anything?  Everyone needs to mind there own business when it comes to a family crisis. Howards sister, the trimspa people (especially his cocky wife) have no room what so ever to sit there and treat her the way they did, regardless if shes right or wrong thats her kin.  As for "the cocky wife", well... her mouth was overloading her ass, And Stern's sister seems to be the one digging for more and more dirt.

Oh, puhleeeeze!!  Virgie and her money grubbing relatives are disgusting.  Dr. Phil did an excellent job of exposing Donna Hogan for what she is.  When he painted her right into a corner with her own lies and she started crying.....what a scam!  She is just lucky that Dr. Phil is such a great person and he let it go. They are  poor bloodsuckers sitting around whining about why Anna doesn't share her money with them.  No wonder she left these people and never looked back.  People may not like how Anna lived her life but she did it her way.  It is a good thing that Anna was so vocal about how she didn't want these people in her life.  What a disgusting display of vultures picking at the bones.

April 24, 2007, 5:35 pm CDT

Don't look now, Shetypes

Quote From: shetypes

It was a mess!  no matter wher you live, a sister who wanted to have a relationship with her sister who parents kept her form for years does in fact have the same right that Anna did when

she told gossip and lies about her family?  They do have a right to speak out and the book was started way before the deaths.  I do nto agree with all she did and said but it surely is a far greater right that a sister estranged has than them money seeking gossip shows and sibling of an enabler.

I am so glad the Baby is away from those selling pictures, using her for money and holding her rightful father away from her, let alone keepign her out of her own country to do it all.

If the baby's father has any brains he knows that the Grandmotehr had good reason to fear for her daughters life, obviously she was right, regardless of how angry it made the drug addict?

perfect Daddy Larry has had a photo shoot with one of the tv tabloids.  They are calling it Larry and Dannielynn.  Don't for one minute think they didn't pay him serious $$$ for that one!

April 25, 2007, 1:43 pm CDT

Quote From: mgrlady

Oh, puhleeeeze!!  Virgie and her money grubbing relatives are disgusting.  Dr. Phil did an excellent job of exposing Donna Hogan for what she is.  When he painted her right into a corner with her own lies and she started crying.....what a scam!  She is just lucky that Dr. Phil is such a great person and he let it go. They are  poor bloodsuckers sitting around whining about why Anna doesn't share her money with them.  No wonder she left these people and never looked back.  People may not like how Anna lived her life but she did it her way.  It is a good thing that Anna was so vocal about how she didn't want these people in her life.  What a disgusting display of vultures picking at the bones.

If we start listening to drugged up people about children, we will be going backwards on

all the efforts to protect them!  it does not matter if it was a celebrity or not, children should have rights at least close to adults?  Some of the family members could have filed suits long ago had they had such interest in the money, it is fact that it did disturb thier normals lives had there not been the celebrity.  I really don't care to be any kind of fan to people that are about acting, singing or celebrity status based soley on that fame.  I do however think that too many children are hurt beyond most because of celebrity status and that is crap!  children are children!

Where does soem get the information from, she only left thema nd did not look back if it was for money or being upset over opposers to drug abuse?  Even Anna's son was having the Sterns investigated?  Shame he was cut so short on life and too much a coincident it was right after beginning that investigation.  Actually Virgie has turned down many interviews regarding it all.

Now I see teh New daddy is selling pictures also?  Why doesn't people feel so much emotion for this poor little baby, so much drama for adults who can decide, walk away and not be intangled in the celebrity status?  It is being forced on this baby, for money?

I pray the Grandmother does get this child now, I was for the real father until the recent picture sales, at least she would keep her safe from potential danger through all that publicity?

BTW most of the money is not from any of them spending it!  It is from a family no relation to any one involved with the exception of what the rag magazines, ET and those kind paid them?

So what is vultures?  Not birds of prey but birds who take whatever they can to eat?

Don't work for it nor spend much time even seeking it?  Opportunist at the finest!

April 28, 2007, 8:26 am CDT

why is Anna still in the headlines and on the show?

I cannot believe that there is so much hoo haa about the death of a Hollywood bimbo.   When I originally saw the report on CNN of her death I was in a pizza parlor for lunch that happened to have CNN on.    I saw the report when I came in and then pretty much ignored the TV.   I was pretty surprised when it was still being reported when I left the restaurant 45 minutes later.   They covered it more than the death of a president.    Then when Dr. Phil did the first show, I was a little surprised.   Now it's been 3 or 4 shows about her - WHY??    I absolutely cannot understand the big deal about this woman.  She's a model who married an old guy for money and got herself into the spotlight by being outrageous.   Why don't we highlight people doing good in the world, instead of some blond bimbette.   I do feel sorry for the baby, but I would feel sorry for any child who loses his/her parents.   Let's get on to relavent issues, please.

May 2, 2007, 5:17 am CDT

To: DOnna

Please do not let some of the fans get you down.  They just haven't realized

that the family tie does give you a connection beyond those now making money off your sister and now include your neice.  I have a drug abusing sister.  I understand how angry it can make you, I understand what watching the trainwreck is like?  I also lost a sister to abusive family members unethical ways.  It is hard to deal with and time has not changed my feelings for her.

You do need to recognize more positive about Virgie and let some of that crap go?

The baby so needs someone more protective in her life.  The phoney family now loosing her to a real father who is also using her for profit?  SO sad.

I see a baby who needs the best of what family is needed for her sake and welfare.

In yout heart you do know that is her Grandmother.  She will also benefit from any siblings to her Mother which can give her a sense of the gene pool.

It was  a train wreck in metaphor, understand that completely.

If it was not a celebrity you wrote about, none of them would care.

But for a celebrity people usually are more sympathetic.  Even when siblings are kept

apart because of multiple families.  I feel so bad for the baby, she is not a piece of property

but sure is getting used like one?  Aint that what happened to Anna?

June 5, 2007, 5:25 am CDT

Quote From: lov2dance

Pleeez give it up on this Anna Nicole girl!  Let it go.  Who cares??!!!!!!  Talk about somebody who's 'famous' based on nothing!  She is irrelevant!!!!

I can tell you why I found her relivent a long time ago?   back with her reality show to her death?

She represents many people and thier families.  Most people cannot bring light to issues liek this but celebrity does make news.  Unfortunately the media did not focus on a very important topic and keep it active to help resolve a very critical subject?  Physicians prescribing medications in massive amounts, continuing to give addicts them drugs regardless of the

potential harm to thier brains, liver and body, that damages thier lives and kills.  So many people may be missing that laws was broken and some interesting facts about Anna's sons

death left unresolved.  He died from an overdose after begining an investigation on someone in his Mothers life who he felt was dangerous to her?  he wasn't using drugs, same prescription that was prescribed to another by the same unethical Doctor?

A baby remained at risk while so many focused on a celebrity being so gossip worthy for profit?

Anna told at least a few people she never had sex with the man who was on the brith certificate?

The baby was in aonther country for reasons, it protected those adults abusing drugs around her, allowed for disrespecting her birth rights and ensured any financial gain she should have obtained after her brothers death would be under the power of that person?

Her life is very relivant to many like me who does not understand Doctors prescribing so many drugs to a loved one, MDs giving psych drugs instead fo refering that patient to a mental health professional and look at the laws broken in prescribing drugs to one person to be actually given to another person, one whom already is on way too many drugs?

When so many questions remain a part of what too many see as train wrecks to someone they care about, it would have been nice to see a case actually address the issues which cause them train wrecks?  Celebrities are not the only ones being given prescriptions beyond the

quanities and recommended doses through prescriptions and through others?  Why?

January 26, 2008, 11:40 pm CST

Anna's Family

I cannot stand anyone who would ever side with any member to Anna's family. It wouldn't really matter, if you take the side of the family, I would just say you are not a true fan and know almost nothining about Anna Nicole's life. But if you still claim to be a fan and you can take the side of her familyy, I'm sorry but that is twisted. To those of you that take the side of any family member of Anna's, I would recommend you do your research. After Anna first got her money from Playboy, she gave all her family members gifts, and they didn't even stay half an hour at most. Her mom has done some unspealable acts that I don't think any true, caring mother would commit. I think she is void of any maternal instinct or love. As for Donna, she doesn't even deserve the time it would take, the space it would take or even that much time spent on her for me to type what i tuly think of her sick, twisted, biography "Trainwreck", she's just not even worth me typing my thoughts and feelings of sickness surrounding that and I'll just leave it at that.

R.I.P Anna, it is almost a year after your death and you are still in my heart every single day.

First | Prev | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | Next Page | Last Page