Message Boards

Topic : 04/11 Anna Nicole Smith: Family Controversy

Number of Replies: 759
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 06, 2007, 11:42:21 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The true Hollywood story of Anna Nicole Smith’s life and death has captured headlines and intrigued the American public. Now, a surprising new person has come forth and wants to set the record straight. Anna Nicole’s estranged sister, Donna Hogan, who hasn’t seen or spoken to Anna Nicole in years, has written an unauthorized book called, Train Wreck: The Life and Death of Anna Nicole Smith. Why does she say she’s not shocked by Anna Nicole’s death, and why did she write the book? Dr. Phil drills down to find out if Donna is really trying to set the record straight or if she’s just tarnishing Anna’s memory. Then, Entertainment Tonight’s weekend correspondent, Kevin Fraizer, and senior supervising producer for The Insider, Bonnie Tiegel, both key players in covering the Anna Nicole story, join the conversation. Find out what Anna Nicole told them about her relationship with her family members. And, Howard K. Stern’s sister, Bonnie, weighs in on Donna’s book and what she knows about Donna’s relationship with Anna Nicole. Why is she offended by Donna’s words? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More April 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 7, 2007, 7:59 am CDT

Anna Nicole Smith

Why can't everyone just let Anna Nicole rest in peace??  I for one am sick of hearing about her and her awful life.  Please let the subject drop and get on with other topics!  Give her some peace!

April 7, 2007, 9:00 am CDT

ANXIETY - MANIPULATIONS - ADDICTIONS - SELF-HATRED

Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is a serious psychological disorder characterized by pervasive instability in moods, interpersonal relationships, self-image, and behavior.  This instability often disrupts family and work life, long-term planning, and the individual's sense of self-identity. 

While less known than schizophrenia or bipolar disorder (manic-depressive illness), BPD is more common, affecting 2% of adults (1-33), mostly women.  Some of my favorite books that provide a great introduction and insight are:

The Psychology of Female Violence by Anna Motz

Get Me Out of Here:  My Recovery from Borderline Personality Disorder by Rachel Reiland OR The Angry Heart:  Overcoming Borderline and Addictive Disorders by Joseph Santoro and Ronald Cohen

Understanding the Borderline (Parent) Mother:  Helping Her Children Transcend the Intense, Unpredictable and Volatile Relationship by Christine Ann Lawson 

Stop Walking on Eggshells:  Taking Your Life Back When Someone You Know Has Borderline Personality Disorder by Paul Mason and Randi Kreger OR Surviving A Borderline Parent:  How to Heal Your Childhood Wounds and Build Trust, Boundaries, and Self-Esteem by Kimberlee Roth and Freda Friedman

How to Journal for Therapy:

http://arar.essortment.com/therapyjournali_repu.htm

Some of the story is typical:  early family conflicts, abusive relationships, feelings of insecruity contributing to destructive behaviors such as rage attacks, manipulations, promiscuity, and eating disorders.  The extreme behaviors of BPD constitute the high drama in the stories of those who endure its ravages.

Though harder to spot, emotional abuse is easier to deny.  But just as physical and sexual abuse have signposts to mark their presence, emotional abuse, being a systematic attack on one's sense of self, has common traits.  Just as physical and sexual abuse come in degrees of severity, emotional abuse runs the gamut of intensity and damage.

Hope it helps!

April 7, 2007, 9:09 am CDT

04/12 Anna Nicole - Family Controversy

why can people not leave the poor lady alone and let her rest in peace.

April 7, 2007, 9:09 am CDT

HOWARD STERN NEEDS TO PAY

Quote From: lm2001az

Why can't everyone just let Anna Nicole rest in peace??  I for one am sick of hearing about her and her awful life.  Please let the subject drop and get on with other topics!  Give her some peace!

HOWARD STERN'S SISTER NEEDS TO FESS UP THE TRUTH AND TELL ALL THAT HER BROTHER HAS BEEN A MALE PROSTITUTE ALL THESE YEARS LIVING OFF A WOMAN. WHO HE LET TAKE DRUGS AND EVEN FILMED HER IN A DRUGGED STATE MORE  TIMES THAN YOU CAN COUNT... HE KNEW HE COULD MAKE MONEY OFF THESE FILMS AND EVEN TOLD HER THAT IN THE CLOWN VIDEO

HOWARD STERN  NEEDS TO GO TO JAIL FOR WHAT HE DID TO ANNA AND HER SON.... HE IS ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF A LAWYER  THAT BREAKS EVERY LAW THERE IS EVEN MAYBE  MURDER AND GETS AWAY WITH IT...

OUR LEGAL SYSTEM PROTECTS PEOPLE LIKE HOWARD STERN BECAUSE OF MONEY...  THE NEWS SAY HKS MADE 4 MILLION DOLLARS OFF ANNA'S FUNERAL AND  STILL IS STILL LIVING OFF ANNA BECAUSE HE IS SELLING HER VIDEO'S  TO MAKE MONEY.. HE IS LIVING IN A HOUSE FREE  HOLDING  A BABY HOSTAGE AND  THAT IS WHY HE MOVED ANNA TO THE BAHAMA'S BECAUSE HKS RESEARCHED THE COUNTRIES WHO HAS THE  MOST LAXED LAWS...

DR PERPER IS A JOKE... HE IS BOUGHT AND PAID  FOR BY HKS...

I WILL NOT WATCH THIS SHOW BECAUSE OF HKS SISTER ON  THE SHOW... THE STERN'S NEEDS TO  MOVE OUT OF THE USA AND LET US AMERICANS LIVE IN PEACE AND NOT HAVE TO  LISTEN TO  THIER BULL CRAP...

LET ANNA NICOLE REST IN PEACE AND  PUT HER KILLERS BEHIND BARS,

DR PHIL AND ALL THE OTHER TALK SHOWS NEEDS TO DEMAND THAT FLORIDA NOT CLOSE THIS CASE AND DO MORE RESEARCH  ON WHO GAVE HER THE DRUGS THAT  KILLED HER AND BRING HER KILLERS TO JUSTICE... IF ANNA COULD NOT GET OUT OF BED WITHOUT HELP THEN SHE WAS NOT ABLE TO GET THE DRUGS THAT KILLED HER, SOMEONE HAD TO HAVE GIVEN THEM TO HER..... WHY DID THEY WAIT OVER A HOUR TO CALL 911??? SHE WAS ALREADY BLUE WHICH MEANS SHE WAS DEAD FOR SOME TIME ..

ANNA NEEDS TO  FINALLY GET JUSTICE FOR WHAT THESE SO CALLED FRIENDS OF HERS DID TO HER..... THEY ALL LET HER DIE!!!!!!!!

April 7, 2007, 9:20 am CDT

puh-leeeez!

Pleeez give it up on this Anna Nicole girl!  Let it go.  Who cares??!!!!!!  Talk about somebody who's 'famous' based on nothing!  She is irrelevant!!!!

April 7, 2007, 9:27 am CDT

Anna Smith

Why is this woman taking up so much air time?  It's not our business what is done or what is not done with her body.  Don't we have anything better to do?

April 7, 2007, 9:58 am CDT

Please Stop, with this kind of program

Dear, Dear, Dr. Phil,
PLEASE, PLEASE!!  Enough all ready with the Anna Nicole Smith "CHICK".  It's not like she  saved the world from hunger, or did anythink that I have heard of that was uplifting to anyone. Even in the world we live in, we should expexct someone who get this much air time to have at least cured cancer.  Stop cashing in on her death.  Stop giving these nut cases a voice.  In my view she was nothing more then someones high paid tramp!!!   The only reason everyone is talking and writing about her is because they are making alot of money off of it.  Whatever happened to your programs that taught us something.  Now all we get is stuff that sales.  I'm growing very tired of these kind  of topics.

April 7, 2007, 10:03 am CDT

whose your daddy

I agree that this subject needs an ending and then retired.  Whoever is the father of this child needs to take her home and let her life begin anew.  I use to think Anna was a lime light grabbing bimbo but now I see she was a used and abused little girl.  I feel so sorry for her and wish someone would have been there to protect her.  I hope that Howard Stern is not that babys daddy as I honestly believe he kepted Anna drugged and used her as a pimp uses a high priced hooker, to forward his own gain.  Shame on you Mr Stern.  I also believe that EVERYONE is after the money and there is nothing anyone can do to stop that.  At least who ever is that babys real daddy will love her.  Anna mom needs to boot her behind back to where she came from and put her nose in someone elses business.  It is clear to me by her attitude, actions and what I have heard about her that she only cares about money not her grandaughter.  Larry Birkhead is probably the father and I wish him luck.  I believe he will love her and raise her to be another nice spoilt rich girl.  :-)

April 7, 2007, 10:55 am CDT

Regarding Anna Nicole

Give it a rest with the movie stars already!!  Let her rest in peace.  Dr. Phil I love your show when you are dealing with every day people out there  and real everyday situations.  If I want to read about the movie stars and how their lives are making other lives miserable I will buy the Enquirerer or Star Magazine.  If I want to watch it on t.v. I will watch ET or Dr. Keith Ablow -who recently - all he talks about is movie stars and their lives.  Dr. Phil - please don't be like them.  You do not need to "Ride" on anybody's coat tails in this business for a show.  Just be who you are and who we fell in love with when you where on Oprah!!  I like your Family is Crises, The Dr. Phil House, Your dieting Challenges - marriage talk, etc.  That is REAL EVERYDAY Life to me and motivates me to watch you and to get me going!!   No more on Anna Nicole or Brittany, or Lindsy Loham ----PLEASE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..

Love ya!

April 7, 2007, 12:00 pm CDT

Anna's Baby's Father

I would like to just go on record to the following:

I do hereby admit to being the father of Anna Nichol Smith's little baby girl.

•   In guardianship of her millions, i will not only give my little girl the style of life she deserves, seeing to it that she has the best  upbringing, exposure to the world's wonders, and access to superb education,  she also will be loved every moment; she in turn through the self-same trust fund may not be able to cure my MS and Rheumatoid Arthritis and Ostio-arthritic Spinal Spondiliothesis, but she sure as hell will elevate me from my meager pension to give me a more dignified disabled life and access to many more treatments to ease my pain and suffering than i could ever begin to afford.  And my disability is such that i can be mobile and active readily in her life.
  •   Life here in Canada is infinitely superior to most anywhere else in the world: safer; better educational access; universal health care; many wonders; all the natural resources the world is going to need as this century unfolds [water, fuel, timber, wheat,  are just a few of the natural resources in abundance here]; fewer illegal arms; fewer legal weapons; almost one national holiday a month; four great distinct seasons; the most laid-back people in the universe  
  •   I would make the most loving parent completely separate from all the controversy surrounding her now, and i can be available to her 24/7.  I will love her to my last breath, which despite my health concerns should be well into her young adult years or more. 
  •   I love playing parlor games  and i am a cheerful lovable if lonely old fart as pictured here at a Christmas gathering  playing pictionary. My artistic skills demonstrated here alone should qualify me.  I am a much better soul than all the other 'players' in the disgusting media hype surrounding this poor girls life.  I would see to it that she melted into obscurity and normalcy very quickly becoming just whatever she grows into becoming.
  • I don't smoke, nor drink, nor do illegal substances, nor do i have potty mouth, nor any deviate behavior, yet i can be very understanding and tolerant.

Yes.  I think you should all recognize my formal admission here to being 'the' father

SoSaysSqueakyChair

[ p.s.   And despite how creepy this might seem at first, it really is a tongue-in-cheek attempt at humor that was only a half bad idea clicking 'POST' instead of 'CANCEL'.  ]

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last