Message Boards

Topic : 07/05 180-Degree Turn

Number of Replies: 381
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 06, 2007, 11:46:56 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 4/13/07) Dr. Phil follows up with the guests you’ve been dying to see again! The day Karen first appeared on the show, thousands of viewers wrote in with concern and anger over this mother of five who admitted to verbally and physically abusing her kids. Cameras in her home revealed alarming footage of Karen hitting her son, Brandon, while the other children watched. Eight months have passed since Dr. Phil stepped in to stop the abuse. How is this family now? Then, Earl and Regina were doling out thousands of dollars to their freeloading son, Derek. Dr. Phil sent in the Dr. Phil Mooch Squad, which sent Derek crawling out his bedroom window to escape! Now, the family returns, but one member is conspicuously absent. Find out where the moocher is now! Plus, Dr. Phil follows up on a cheapskate husband, a suburban scrooge and a chocoholic!

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 29, 2007, 12:48 pm CDT

I have been unable to get this out of my mind for months

Quote From: patti07

this, so called mother, should have her childrent taken away from her.  just have supervised visitation rights.  and she needs to take anger management classes!

I entirely agree with you.  The pain those kids endured is shocking.  The fact that this is what happened on camera makes me wonder what happened when the cameras weren't there.  These poor kids.  I don't trust that this mother (and father) will make this last.  I don't believe that the kids can be sincere in their feelings about improvements.  They are kids afterall, and they are glad that mommy stopped hurting them.  But, do they understand why it happened (if that even matters)?  As kids are they even supposed to know why it matters.  I hope the kids get LOTS OF INDIVIDUAL as well as FAMILY THERAPY.  A good therapist is their only hope of their rage, confusion and feelings of blame and inadequacy that may be just under the surface.  These kids have to learn what love is, not just  what love is not.  I still play those tapes over and over in my head, hearing the cries of that little boy.  I hope someone is truly rescuing him and his siblings and that Dr. Phil's resources stay with them a long time.

First | Prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | Next Page | Last Page