Message Boards

Topic : 04/26 Obsessive Love

Number of Replies: 2618
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 20, 2007, 02:39:18 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
“When I think I’ve seen it all, then I get a wake-up call,” Dr. Phil says of his guests who are involved in a very intense relationship. Jeffrey's obsession with his wife, Jennifer, has careened out of control during their 11-year marriage. He says he loves her so much he goes to extremes to watch her every move. He's tracked her with a GPS device, listened to her phone conversations, trapped her in their home and alienated her from her friends and family. But is there something more sinister Jeffrey's done that he's been hiding? Jennifer says she's ready to leave her controlling and jealous husband once and for all. Has she been up to no good, and is Jeffrey justified in his snooping? Jeffrey wants to save his marriage and family, but is Jennifer willing to stand by him? Dr. Phil unravels the jealously, lies and abuse to see if this marriage can be saved, or if it's really Jennifer who needs to be saved from Jeffrey. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More April 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 24, 2007, 10:26 am CDT

Shocked

I have known Jennifer and Jeff for many years now.  I met Jeff though our jobs about 7 years ago.  Jeff was always a good friend, but there was always something that nagged at me about him.  He talked to me about his wife a lot, and when I finally met Jennifer I could see why he was so taken with her.  But the more I was around him, the more he had an ability to make me feel uncomfortable.  I found out about Jeff and Jennifer being on Dr. Phil because of some local radio coverage of what was going on.  And I have to tell you I was shocked.  And not in the way you might think.  I was shocked with the number of people that couldn't imagine Jeff doing this!!  I could picture him doing every last thing.  I don't know why I seem to have been one of so very few that thought he was capable of such actions.  Don't get me wrong, I care a great deal for Jeff and consider him a friend, but he is one of those people where the warning signs get ignored.  If anything, we all need to learn to take some things a little more seriously.  We all might have thought Jeff was just playing around, but somewhere in my heart I knew he was serious.  Jennifer, for you and the kids sake, I hope he gets help.  It is most likely to late to save your marrige, but hopefully you can work on salvaging an amicable and healthy relationship as parents to your children.  You both have my full support.  Jeff, I will be there for you as your friend if you need me.  You have the number.  Jennifer, I am there for you as well, and J. Simpson at the Caps can help you reach me if needed.  Good luck to you both!  I will be thinking of you and the kids!

April 24, 2007, 10:30 am CDT

04/26 Obsessive Love

• Get out get out get out!!

April 24, 2007, 1:54 pm CDT

04/26 Obsessive Love

I hope Nikkea, one of today's guests, doesn't get any ideas, from Jeffrey, for keeping closer tabs on Adam. Jennifer might need out. But so, I think, does Adam. Especially since he's just a boyfriend who's only invested eight months in the relationship.

April 24, 2007, 2:00 pm CDT

04/26 Obsessive Love

Quote From: penny_lady

Part of me wonders if this isn't one of those situation where both parties are getting off on this behavior...she's not ready to leave him?  Part of me wonders if she really likes being the object of his obsession...if she doesn't really like it.
 One has to wonder why she's put up with it for so long. And, didn't get out before she had so much invested in the marriage. Especially before having children.

April 24, 2007, 8:13 pm CDT

04/26 Obsessive Love

Quote From: norrislp

I just left a message a few minutes ago.  If anyone out there knows of any Government Agencies or Charities that help my type of problem, Please Reply to my Message!!!   Most Government Agencies that I have talked to are nothing but a bunch of BS!   If you own anything, you can forget getting any help from them.

Thank you!

RideSallyRide

NC Horse Lady

Try to apply for federal jobs that match your background experience.  The federal government is more likely to give jobs to those who are able to do the work but have been discriminated against because of age. 

April 25, 2007, 5:18 am CDT

If this is love...

This is not what love is supposed to be !! The one and only reason I can think of as to why this husband does all this checking..is that IF she ever gave him a reason to do that..BUT...this is to the extreme..almost to the criminal length..If I had a "loving" husband like
 this--I would be scared to death..and if children were involved--it would be worse. This woman needs help FAST !!! and really, so does this husband..This is Paranoid Obsessive Love..and it can kill.......

April 25, 2007, 11:20 am CDT

4/26 OBSESSIVE LOVE

In 1976 my Mother was murdered by a step father just like this man, or she committed suicide. I was only 19 years old. I understand your not being able to leave because you feel hopeless, I pray you are able to find that hope for you and your children. As a person who has lived through a death of a parent like this I will say that it has been a horrible struggle for me most of my life. At 50 years old now, I wonder if a day has not gone by that I don't think of my Mother and wonder if there was anyway I could have saved her. I pray again that you find the help that you need not only for yourself but your childrens future as well.

April 25, 2007, 1:56 pm CDT

Know when to fold them...

I wonder what she saw in this creepy , mouth breather anyway? She seems like she's too good for him and maybe he sees this himself. I feel so bad for her! She's gonna wind up getting hurt, so she needs to get out soon!

April 25, 2007, 4:10 pm CDT

BEEN THERE, TOO

I've been there, too.  3 years of being beaten, followed, locked in the cellar, accused of cheating, all the while being cheated on - even his lawyer told him not to bother to go to the Master's hearing because I had a 'lock'  on every set of grounds they gave in PA before there was such a thing as no-fault.  When I got brave enough to file, I weighed all of 87 lbs [at 5'4"].  So instead of going to the hearing, he poisoned my horses.

It's been 37 years.  I'm still afraid of the dark and being closed in, but I can deal with it.  What I really wanted to say was that things can get better.  Surprisingly so.  Give yourself a chance.  It was real hard to get any self esteem back, But it can be done.

April 25, 2007, 6:40 pm CDT

Incurable

I have to admit that this show will probably not be all that easy to watch, because from what we've seen so far, this guy is truly creepy & dangerous.  I can't imagine that any kind of "counseling" can help him enough to warrant his wife staying with him, for any reason.  The trust is gone, & she's got to be terrified of him.  I really can't imagine that he was even willing to go on Dr.Phil's show.  This guy sounds like he needs to be in prison, not simply in counseling.   Should be interesting!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last