Message Boards

Topic : 04/27 Obsessive Love: The Drama Continues

Number of Replies: 1946
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 20, 2007, 02:40:41 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Jeffrey and Jennifer's shocking and complicated story continues. During their 11-year marriage, Jeffrey has become so obsessed with Jennifer, he watches her every move. He has installed a GPS system in her car, taps her phone conversations, takes inappropriate pictures of her and watches her while she sleeps. Dr. Phil probes deep into Jeffrey's mind to find out why he acts the way he does. Is there any boundary Jeffrey won't cross when it comes to controlling his wife? Then, how are Jennifer and Jeffrey's three children being affected by the madness in the house? Their eldest child has been an eyewitness to his father's schemes. And, while Dr. Phil speaks one on one with Jennifer, Jeffrey has a total meltdown backstage, becoming physically ill. When Dr. Phil confronts him about his anxieties and offers a solution, will Jeffrey choose to make a change? Don’t miss the second part of this dramatic and emotional story, and find out if this family is on the path to healing or headed to divorce court.  Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More April 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 25, 2007, 8:13 pm CDT

One of the reasons ...

Quote From: mommyde

I am concerned that this man is so over-the-top that if his wife chooses to divorce him he may harm her.  How can her saftey be assured?  I do not think that it can.

This is one of the reasons why abused and battered women stay and don't leave.

April 26, 2007, 7:28 am CDT

04/27 Obsessive Love: The Drama Continues

I think that Jeffrey should be locked up,he has a very scary look in his eyes.I was in a very bad marriage for years where he raped me,held a gun to my head and beat me often.I finally got out when my mother said she was afraid that someday she would read he had killed me and the children.I left more than once and always went back until I thought about ending his life.So I knew no matter what it was the end.I made it with the help of God and friends.To this day he claims he does not remember all this due to the drinking.I do not by that.I hope she gets out and ask for help from family and they lock him in a basement and never let him out because he is crazy.

April 26, 2007, 8:42 am CDT

AFTER WATCHING THE SHOW I BELIEVE JENNIFER THRIVES OFF WHAT JEFFERY DOES TO HER.  WHAT WOMAN WOULD STAY WITH A MAN THAT DOES THESE KINDS OF THINGS.  THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS AND FOR THE MOST PART OF THE THINGS HE DOES SHE KNOWS ABOUT IT.  JENNIFER CLAIMED SHE WAS NOT FINANCIAL STABLE TO LEAVE AND SHE HAD KIDS.  WHAT KIND OF EXAMPLE ARE THE BOTH OF THEM SETTING FOR THE KIDS, BOTH STATED WHEN SHE WAS LOCKED IN THE BASEMENT THAT THE KIDS WAS RIGHT THERE.  DO NEITHER SEE THAT THE KIDS KNOW SOMETHING IS GOING ON AND NOT ONLY IS JEFFERY DOING THIS TO HIS WIFE BUT TO HIS KIDS.  AFTER BEING ASKED ABOUT THE PICTURES HE HAS TAKEN OF JENNIFER NUDE AND WAS ASKED IF HE HAS SHOWED THESE TO ANYONE, BASICALLY HE SAID HE HAS, SO TO ME THAT STATES HE HAS FRIENDS AND SHARES THESE THINGS WITH.  WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN HER HAVING A FRIEND TO TALK TO AND HANG OUT WITH JUST AS FRIENDS AND THIS GUY IS TAKING NUDE PICTURES OF HIS WIFE AND SHOWING THEM OFF.  THE MYSPACE PICTURES WAS BROUGHT UP, WELL AT LEAST IN THOSE PICTURES SHE DOES HAVE A BATHING SUIT ON AND NOT NUDE.  THE KIDS WILL GROW UP AND THEY WILL HAVE BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIENDS WHAT IS HE GOING TO DO THE SAME THING TO HIS KIDS JUST BECAUSE HE DON'T LIKE THEM AND DON'T TRUST THEM.  I BELIEVE THAT IF SHE TRULY WANTED OUT AND WANTED TO GET AWAY FROM THE ABUSE AND THE HORRIBLE THINGS THAT THIS MAN HAS BEEN DOING TO HER FOR YEARS THAT SHE WOULD HAVE FOUND A WAY. THERE IS PROGRAMS AND ORGANIZATIONS OUT THERE TO HELP WOMEN IN HER SITUATION. WHAT PERSON IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD WANT TO LIVE A LIFE WHERE HER EVERY MOVE MADE IS NOT ONLY WATCHED BUT RECORDED AND KNOWING ABOUT IT.  JEFFERY HAS A NOT ONLY OBSESSION PROBLEM BUT POSSESSIVE AND SAYING HE NEEDS HELP IS CRAZY IN MY OPINION.  THE ONLY PERSON THAT CAN CONTROL WHAT HE IS DOING HIS HIM.  HE HAS A SICK MIND AND DON'T DESERVE TO HAVE A WIFE OR FAMILY. 

April 26, 2007, 1:26 pm CDT

What did you think?

If you cheat on your husband what do you expect him to do?  Just let it go and not say anything?  I will say that he has gone a little to far, but he has good reason.  If you don't want to be with him just go to a shelter or a relatives home.  I understand you have kids, but the kids don't need to see it either.  Do you want your sons growing up like him?  I just wanted to get that off my chest. 

April 26, 2007, 1:29 pm CDT

NO REALITY !

Quote From: chernandez1980

AFTER WATCHING THE SHOW I BELIEVE JENNIFER THRIVES OFF WHAT JEFFERY DOES TO HER.  WHAT WOMAN WOULD STAY WITH A MAN THAT DOES THESE KINDS OF THINGS.  THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS AND FOR THE MOST PART OF THE THINGS HE DOES SHE KNOWS ABOUT IT.  JENNIFER CLAIMED SHE WAS NOT FINANCIAL STABLE TO LEAVE AND SHE HAD KIDS.  WHAT KIND OF EXAMPLE ARE THE BOTH OF THEM SETTING FOR THE KIDS, BOTH STATED WHEN SHE WAS LOCKED IN THE BASEMENT THAT THE KIDS WAS RIGHT THERE.  DO NEITHER SEE THAT THE KIDS KNOW SOMETHING IS GOING ON AND NOT ONLY IS JEFFERY DOING THIS TO HIS WIFE BUT TO HIS KIDS.  AFTER BEING ASKED ABOUT THE PICTURES HE HAS TAKEN OF JENNIFER NUDE AND WAS ASKED IF HE HAS SHOWED THESE TO ANYONE, BASICALLY HE SAID HE HAS, SO TO ME THAT STATES HE HAS FRIENDS AND SHARES THESE THINGS WITH.  WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN HER HAVING A FRIEND TO TALK TO AND HANG OUT WITH JUST AS FRIENDS AND THIS GUY IS TAKING NUDE PICTURES OF HIS WIFE AND SHOWING THEM OFF.  THE MYSPACE PICTURES WAS BROUGHT UP, WELL AT LEAST IN THOSE PICTURES SHE DOES HAVE A BATHING SUIT ON AND NOT NUDE.  THE KIDS WILL GROW UP AND THEY WILL HAVE BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIENDS WHAT IS HE GOING TO DO THE SAME THING TO HIS KIDS JUST BECAUSE HE DON'T LIKE THEM AND DON'T TRUST THEM.  I BELIEVE THAT IF SHE TRULY WANTED OUT AND WANTED TO GET AWAY FROM THE ABUSE AND THE HORRIBLE THINGS THAT THIS MAN HAS BEEN DOING TO HER FOR YEARS THAT SHE WOULD HAVE FOUND A WAY. THERE IS PROGRAMS AND ORGANIZATIONS OUT THERE TO HELP WOMEN IN HER SITUATION. WHAT PERSON IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD WANT TO LIVE A LIFE WHERE HER EVERY MOVE MADE IS NOT ONLY WATCHED BUT RECORDED AND KNOWING ABOUT IT.  JEFFERY HAS A NOT ONLY OBSESSION PROBLEM BUT POSSESSIVE AND SAYING HE NEEDS HELP IS CRAZY IN MY OPINION.  THE ONLY PERSON THAT CAN CONTROL WHAT HE IS DOING HIS HIM.  HE HAS A SICK MIND AND DON'T DESERVE TO HAVE A WIFE OR FAMILY. 

I DARE YOU TO TRY SUPPORTING 4 CHILDREN ON A MINIMUM WAGE Job.  YOU ARE  SO AFRAID OF WHAT WILL HAPPEN. YOU NEVER ENJOY LIFE BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE TO GET BACK  FOR THE NUTEST THINGS.  THE TIRES ON THE CAR SLIT SO YOU CAN'T GO TO WORK AND MAKE HER LOSE HER JOB. THEN HAVE TO COME BACK TO HIM ON HER HANDS AND KNEES AND TELL HIM HOW WRONG SHE  WAS.  THEN SHE HAS TO BE PUNISHED FOR HER BAD DEEDS. I ATTEMPTED SUSI DE. AS YOU CAN TELL I DID NOT SECEDE.  WAS HELL BEFORE JUST WAIT TILL YOU FOUND FIND OUT WHAT HE THOUGHT TO CORRECT THIS SITUATION WHY HE WAITED FOR YOU TO HOME. OF COURSE WHAT HAD HAPPENED BEFORE WAS CHILD PLAY.  HOW DARE YOU SAY  SHE SHOULD JUST WALK AWAY. YOU HAVE NO!!!! IDEA WHAT HELL ON EARTH IS LIKE.  DON'T YOU DARE JUDGE WHAT YOU HAVE NOT EXPERIENCE.

April 26, 2007, 1:40 pm CDT

why

Why is Jennifer still with this creepy person. You cant even call this person a man. He is so insecure its unbelievable. She needs to leave. If you take pictures of your spouse while their sleeping isnt that illegal?  If you cant joke around with your girlfriends without being called a lesbian, you need to get out of the relationship. I hope jennifer realizes she can do better, and that if she leaves she should start with a restraining order.

April 26, 2007, 2:15 pm CDT

Quote From: rgoshien

If you cheat on your husband what do you expect him to do?  Just let it go and not say anything?  I will say that he has gone a little to far, but he has good reason.  If you don't want to be with him just go to a shelter or a relatives home.  I understand you have kids, but the kids don't need to see it either.  Do you want your sons growing up like him?  I just wanted to get that off my chest. 
 I agree that the cheating was unjustified.  However, they were 3 yrs into their marraige before she did this.  I'll bet that he was ultra controlling before this event - she found someone who made her feel 1/2 way human at that point.  I also agree that she has other options than to stay but he demeaned her so completely & underhandedly, that she was chipped away until she didn't know if she was crazy or justified.  How sad that you feel that the husband was justified w/ any of his actions.  This was never love, it was him having something he liked & trying to keep it in a box - like a canary in a birdcage.  This man is sick & dangerous.

April 26, 2007, 2:32 pm CDT

What a Psycho!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy is dangerous.  He doesn't want a wife, he wants a slave.

April 26, 2007, 2:46 pm CDT

The husband reminds me of two men I know and scares me.  Leave him and find yourself for yourself.

April 26, 2007, 2:54 pm CDT

To the husband;  Let her go, you have done to much for her to beable to trust you again.  She may be the love of your life  but some times you have to let go.     You must heal yourself first .   Once you have healed yourself then maybe you will be ready to have a relationship with someone.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last