Message Boards

Topic : 04/27 Obsessive Love: The Drama Continues

Number of Replies: 1946
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 20, 2007, 02:40:41 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Jeffrey and Jennifer's shocking and complicated story continues. During their 11-year marriage, Jeffrey has become so obsessed with Jennifer, he watches her every move. He has installed a GPS system in her car, taps her phone conversations, takes inappropriate pictures of her and watches her while she sleeps. Dr. Phil probes deep into Jeffrey's mind to find out why he acts the way he does. Is there any boundary Jeffrey won't cross when it comes to controlling his wife? Then, how are Jennifer and Jeffrey's three children being affected by the madness in the house? Their eldest child has been an eyewitness to his father's schemes. And, while Dr. Phil speaks one on one with Jennifer, Jeffrey has a total meltdown backstage, becoming physically ill. When Dr. Phil confronts him about his anxieties and offers a solution, will Jeffrey choose to make a change? Don’t miss the second part of this dramatic and emotional story, and find out if this family is on the path to healing or headed to divorce court.  Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More April 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 21, 2007, 1:50 pm CDT

Obsessive Love

I am concerned that this man is so over-the-top that if his wife chooses to divorce him he may harm her.  How can her saftey be assured?  I do not think that it can.

April 21, 2007, 6:53 pm CDT

Over The Top

I am confused & worried, this guy appears to be somewhat unhinged. I am puzzled how she coped for 11 years, it's a wonder she isn't a basket case. I don't know if this situation can be fixed but one way or the other she definitely needs a breath of fresh air. This guy might need a magician instead of a therapist.  Good Luck Dr Phil!

April 21, 2007, 8:35 pm CDT

obsessive love

Sometimes I wish that was the problem but here is my problem: My husband and I have been married for almost 21 years. During that time he has taken money from a worker/friend to see me coming out of the shower with no clothes on. He has set up a threesome with another coworker from the next job that he went to. I told him that I wasn't interested but he picked out linguree for me to wear that night. We have four kids ages 15,17,19 and 21. Now of course the 21 year old is very seldom here but he is always with the 19 year old working he says. He doesn't sleep with me we have no llife together at all. Which is worse too much or None at all............

April 22, 2007, 9:03 am CDT

04/27 Obsessive Love: The Drama Continues

Quote From: dianeja

Sometimes I wish that was the problem but here is my problem: My husband and I have been married for almost 21 years. During that time he has taken money from a worker/friend to see me coming out of the shower with no clothes on. He has set up a threesome with another coworker from the next job that he went to. I told him that I wasn't interested but he picked out linguree for me to wear that night. We have four kids ages 15,17,19 and 21. Now of course the 21 year old is very seldom here but he is always with the 19 year old working he says. He doesn't sleep with me we have no llife together at all. Which is worse too much or None at all............

I hope that you didint participate ion the threesom to me thats cheating but getting your permission

April 22, 2007, 3:38 pm CDT

It's even WORSE when your husband is a cop!

Quote From: mommyde

I am concerned that this man is so over-the-top that if his wife chooses to divorce him he may harm her.  How can her saftey be assured?  I do not think that it can.
Early in my first marriage I saw this kind if disturbing obsession. When my husband became a cop, I thought it would teach him self-discipline.Ha! Ha! The joke was on me... it became WORSE -- it escalated -- causing me to flee. Those were the days before battered women were given shelters. The next few years of my life were ghastly, because of the Law Enforcement Ol' Boy's Club cooperation between cities and counties. It wasn't until I re-married, several years later, my ex decided to give up the harassment.

April 22, 2007, 8:47 pm CDT

obsessive love

Quote From: cosmocher

I hope that you didint participate ion the threesom to me thats cheating but getting your permission
   No I didn't but later I told him that if it was alight for him to pick someone for me then I shoould be able to pick my own...........

April 22, 2007, 10:46 pm CDT

04/27 Obsessive Love: The Drama Continues

Quote From: dianeja

Ok...why are you still with this pig of a man?

April 22, 2007, 11:01 pm CDT

Obsessive Love

This man has a very big problem.  Whether he can be helped or not is up in the air, but she needs to get as far away from this nutcase as she can.  I cannot believe that she allowed this to go on as long as she has.  Locking her in the basement! What is wrong with her.  Leave lady..............

April 23, 2007, 8:53 am CDT

It's called

Quote From: penny_lady

Ok...why are you still with this pig of a man?

learned helplessness.  Very common among abused women.  Also there is a degree of Stockholm syndrome.

Unfortunately, so many women feel they don't deserve better treatment.  Their mates have convinced them of that. 

L.

April 23, 2007, 12:10 pm CDT

Control

Maybe we should wait until the shows airs to judge everyone, maybe she did cheat on him and he has his reasons to do what he does, although I think they are a little extreme, or maybe he truly is crazy, who knows. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last