Message Boards

Topic : 04/30 A Dr. Phil Family on Fire: House Intervention

Number of Replies: 152
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 27, 2007, 01:55:23 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

This Dr. Phil Family is angry, out of control, and about to get an intervention in The Dr. Phil House. Melissa, 22, wrote to Dr. Phil for help for her self-destructive family. Her mother, Myra, and her stepfather, Gene, have a long history of betrayals, infidelity, anger and years of bitter resentment. Melissa says her family even turns special occasions into volatile disasters with turkey dinners and Christmas trees being thrown across the room. The fighting got so bad, Melissa says she had to move away from her extreme family. Her brothers, Edwin, 20, and Eugene, 17, attest that their home is a war zone, and that they have witnessed fights between their parents that involve name-calling, spitting and dousing each other with water, all in front of their 7-year-old brother. Myra says she can’t forgive Gene for his four affairs, but especially the last one, which was with a 19-year-old. Over three years have passed since Gene’s last affair, but Myra still calls him a pedophile every chance she gets, and says she’d leave if it weren’t for their youngest child. Can this family learn to stop the drama, heal their anger and start over with a healthy foundation, or should they call it quits for good? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More April 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 20, 2007, 4:35 am CDT

In the name of which god?

Quote From: teeseeree

The Word of God clearly states that spanking is what is supposed to be done for proper results.  It is also clear that it is only to be done in certain places on the body to prevent  more serious damage.  It doesn't matter what people want.  It's not up to people to change what was set up by God.

My God. Where have you read this?

Hope you do not have any children!

S. Dahl

May 29, 2007, 4:22 am CDT

Quote from sassie

Quote From: emcderm

In our defense, I would just like to inform you all that my parents do not drink very often. Before being on that show, the last time my father drank was a year before when he went out to karaoke with my mother. I spoke with the producers and the reason they showed the alcohol was to show that this environment and the situation was so stressful that anyone in it would need a drink. I would like to see all of you being put in a house with cameras everywhere capturing your every move. IT IS NERVE RAKING...trust me. We do not allow alcohol in our home and the reason it was there is because they put food in the fridge prior to us arriving and it just so happens that they included alcohol, (as does every reality show). Everyone needs to seriously calm down because I am sure that most of you on the site have taken at least one drink in your day. Alcohol is not an issue in this show and it will not be shown on the show anymore....

Just wanted to say, there is always hope! Hope in turning things around, that's the whole reason for asking for help. Getting to the bottom of things, don't hide from truth for it can be a good friend to you. I know you guys will make it! I wish all the best for your family in this trial some time and my heart goes out to each of you! God bless!

First | Prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next Page | Last Page