Message Boards

Topic : 04/30 A Dr. Phil Family on Fire: House Intervention

Number of Replies: 152
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 27, 2007, 01:55:23 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

This Dr. Phil Family is angry, out of control, and about to get an intervention in The Dr. Phil House. Melissa, 22, wrote to Dr. Phil for help for her self-destructive family. Her mother, Myra, and her stepfather, Gene, have a long history of betrayals, infidelity, anger and years of bitter resentment. Melissa says her family even turns special occasions into volatile disasters with turkey dinners and Christmas trees being thrown across the room. The fighting got so bad, Melissa says she had to move away from her extreme family. Her brothers, Edwin, 20, and Eugene, 17, attest that their home is a war zone, and that they have witnessed fights between their parents that involve name-calling, spitting and dousing each other with water, all in front of their 7-year-old brother. Myra says she can’t forgive Gene for his four affairs, but especially the last one, which was with a 19-year-old. Over three years have passed since Gene’s last affair, but Myra still calls him a pedophile every chance she gets, and says she’d leave if it weren’t for their youngest child. Can this family learn to stop the drama, heal their anger and start over with a healthy foundation, or should they call it quits for good? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More April 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 29, 2007, 7:25 pm CDT

save the dependents!

Get those children away from those two older children ( the parents).  the children don't deserve to be in the middle of this situation.  Place them into a normal parenting household.  Maybe,  not  definetly, but maybe if the real parents can grow up and deal with their issues then the children might be returned.  this type of situation really fires me up because the parents are not thinking of their number one priority which should be their children and their development.  Get those children out of this sitting time bomb! 

April 29, 2007, 9:02 pm CDT

same promblem

Quote From: ladymaiddo

Hey-we're broke but happy. Can we stay at the Dr. Phil house??
 no this family should not break up i belive with help they can all make it i mean hey ive been in an un happy relathionship for ten years where my gril frend is full of anger and very un happy but i am still trying and so is she    put this family back togeather 

April 29, 2007, 9:57 pm CDT

04/30 A Dr. Phil Family on Fire: House Intervention

i dont know what makes people want to show each other so much hate when our time togather here on this planet is so short, i sit at night and look to the heavens for something to take my mind off all the hate i see every day, mothers and fathers hateing each other over who is wright or wrong, when all that matters is just being the best person you can be to each other, when we have children to raise all we can do is our best, if we know we are doing our very best thats all that matters, too many people try to push themselvs beyond their best, we feel we arnt donig enough for our children so we lash out with hateful words and actions in front of our children, we let our anger at our self get the best of us, we are hurting inside so we take our anger out on the people we love the most, all our children want from us is to be held and told that we love them,

April 29, 2007, 10:16 pm CDT

04/30 A Dr. Phil Family on Fire: House Intervention

we parents should remember children are like a rose, they are delicate and beautiful, when we handle them we should handle them in a way being ever so careful not to destroy all the beauty god sent them to us with, children are delicate, please handle with love and care.

April 30, 2007, 5:43 am CDT

A Vacation,Are you kidding me?

Quote From: harbour909

Dr. Phil - I LOVE YOUR PROGRAM.  When you first announced the "Dr. Phil House" I was very optimistic about it - but now I dislike it very much - so much so that I seldom watch that program.  WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE IN THE DR. PHIL HOUSE TO RESOLVE THEIR PROBLEMS?????  Seems to me that it is just a free vacation for some families. 
It has to take an emotional toll for these families to come to the DrPhil house. I wonder if sometimes they forget the cameras are there or if they just don't care. It would be boring if my family came to the DrPhil house. I have to admit I'm am drawn to the drama in these DrPhil families. Reality tv is the thing these days. It's kinda like a reality soap-opera. Of course I think sometimes it really helps families. Someone has posted that they know this family and they haven't changed. I wouldn't call it a vacation by any definition of the word.

April 30, 2007, 6:11 am CDT

house intervention

i think that once a relationship is all about resentment and anger then its time to get out!! if the love is still there i think you should still separate and get counceling first before trying to continue the relationship.the child involved does not need to live his life being nervous and fearful because of his parents arguing. if the husband all ready cheated that many times he wont stop.thats his personal problem. you can not argue someone out of cheating youll drive your self crazy!! thats like arguing to a drug addict  to stop taking drugs! he has to want to stop and make that choice on his own. maybe he will when he sees his faimly is gone!! and then its your choice if you want to give him that second chance . but to just continue staying there and living with him he wont change thats for sure!! so my advice is to get your child and leave with the thoughts of improving your life and living it happily!  just walk away from it . if he then goes to councelling and you want to go back with him then at least you know in your heart that you gave him that second chance if it happens again you leave for good! if you do take him back you also have to go back with out the resentment or the arguing will start all over!if if you can not do that then you can not keep your child in this kind of household..

April 30, 2007, 7:49 am CDT

Worth Watching?

Now, why do I think this family's going to be loud, hateful, & use very vulgar language???

I agree with others here who don't understand why any family would want to air all their problems & dirty laundry on national TV....I can't cannot imagine going public with all this.  Although, I do know a family (my sister's son/daughter-in-law/kids) who could qualify to be Dr.Phil's next family.  Anyway....I'm not sure I can watch this family....they already appear obnoxious just on the film clips I've seen.

April 30, 2007, 7:54 am CDT

GEESH!!!!......

Once again, it has been proven just because you have children, you are NOT necessarily a parent.  Children model behaviors and learn about relationships from their parents.  I can only imagine what the adult lives (and relationships) of these children  are going to be like!  It's apparent that these "parents" (and I use that term SO VERY LIGHTLY), feed off the spiteful, ugly words and emotions that they spew.  They want and NEED the drama!!  I honestly believe that they do NOT want things to be better.  If they did, they would have ended this horrible dysfunctional relationship a long time ago!  Dr. Phil, I say Kick out these parents and focus your attention and help on the children only.  They are the only innocent, UNWILLING participants in this snake den.  It is their lives that I am concerned about.

April 30, 2007, 8:14 am CDT

There Is A Bit Of A Point

Quote From: housewife52

It has to take an emotional toll for these families to come to the DrPhil house. I wonder if sometimes they forget the cameras are there or if they just don't care. It would be boring if my family came to the DrPhil house. I have to admit I'm am drawn to the drama in these DrPhil families. Reality tv is the thing these days. It's kinda like a reality soap-opera. Of course I think sometimes it really helps families. Someone has posted that they know this family and they haven't changed. I wouldn't call it a vacation by any definition of the word.
The poster did have an inadvertant point.  The house is kind of like the worst vacations I've had.

April 30, 2007, 9:59 am CDT

Poor children

I always knew this family was angry and uncontrollable, but after seeing the previews, I am totally shocked. I do credit them for going on Dr. Phil to get help, and I am wondering when they will start showing that they learned something and stop trying to not only ruin their owns lives but the lives of innocent people. If the adults yell, swear and name call in front of their own children, what is stopping them from doing it in front of their grandchild? Is this household a proper place for children, especially one at the age of 3? All I seem to hear about with this family is how they cast blame on others and their way of life. The mother is always saying that certain people are bad parents. I wish she would understand that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. I hope she decides to stay in her own backyard and concentrate on her own life.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last