Message Boards

Topic : 04/30 A Dr. Phil Family on Fire: House Intervention

Number of Replies: 152
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 27, 2007, 01:55:23 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

This Dr. Phil Family is angry, out of control, and about to get an intervention in The Dr. Phil House. Melissa, 22, wrote to Dr. Phil for help for her self-destructive family. Her mother, Myra, and her stepfather, Gene, have a long history of betrayals, infidelity, anger and years of bitter resentment. Melissa says her family even turns special occasions into volatile disasters with turkey dinners and Christmas trees being thrown across the room. The fighting got so bad, Melissa says she had to move away from her extreme family. Her brothers, Edwin, 20, and Eugene, 17, attest that their home is a war zone, and that they have witnessed fights between their parents that involve name-calling, spitting and dousing each other with water, all in front of their 7-year-old brother. Myra says she can’t forgive Gene for his four affairs, but especially the last one, which was with a 19-year-old. Over three years have passed since Gene’s last affair, but Myra still calls him a pedophile every chance she gets, and says she’d leave if it weren’t for their youngest child. Can this family learn to stop the drama, heal their anger and start over with a healthy foundation, or should they call it quits for good? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More April 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 30, 2007, 10:19 am CDT

WON'T WATCH THIS ONE!

Can't / Won't watch this episode, Dr. Phil, although I hope you can help them!

Seeing people act like idiots at the expense of their young (and adult) children is like watching the slow killing of an innocent animal.

I grew up in dysfunctional home and bare the scars. It took YEARS to find a way to rebound and lead a normal life. Now, after 18.5 years of marriage to a great guy (great from the start), I do not wish to subject myself to more dysfunction.

Stop the train wreck (stop the anger and selishness and rudeness and disrepect and dishonesty, etc) before the childrens' slates cannot be repaired. Child abuse of this type is unacceptable and should be reason enough to remove children from homes!

April 30, 2007, 10:22 am CDT

Neither parent should have the child!

Quote From: sunnymaryann

Why do people use a young child as an excuse to stay together.  A stable one parent household would be more beneficial to this seven year old than the war zone he is living in presently.  I can only wonder at the stress level and anxieties he is experiencing.  Sounds to me like both parents are out of control and this kid is going to be the one who pays for it.

Looks to me (from previews) that neither parent is a real "parent" and thus does NOT deserve custody of this innocent child.

A relative should have the child. If not, the state.

Anything would be better than the HELL the child is experiencing because her parents don't love her enough to treat eachother better!!!...selfish, selfish, cruel, cruel, IMMATURE people!!!!

April 30, 2007, 10:38 am CDT

04/27/07

I was able to watch portions of the show on the husband married for 11 years that is sessed with his wife.  I believe that he needs to get theraphy because if I was in her shoes I would leave.  No one should be uncomfortable around any one you psuppose to love them.

April 30, 2007, 11:07 am CDT

Help is entitled to everone...

I love watching Dr.Phil at work, he is definitely the extended hand for help. Many families are stuck, or uneducated and aren't able to help themeselves, instead of another homicide or suicide on the news why not a 100 % turn around. We need some success stories, i am tired of watching crap on the news turning the channel only brings me to another sap station. This is reality people. We ALL have problems wether big or small. It's how we get through them I hope we can all open our arms and help them by embracing them and supporting them to get BETTER. Last time I looked in the mirror perfection wasn't the picutre that I saw.

April 30, 2007, 12:38 pm CDT

speaking from experience

My advice to this family is, is it really worth all the fighting and bickering any more?? I say get out it is not worth it. The wife probably never trust her husband again to be faithful. The one caught in the middle and the most vulenerable is the 7 yr, who does not understand why mom and dad do not get along and probably thinks deep down inside that he did something wrong and that he is to blame.

April 30, 2007, 12:42 pm CDT

Todays show...

Quote From: housewife52

It always amazes me that a family is willing to move into the DrPhil house and bare thier souls to the television audience. But,this particuliar family is in such trouble I guess it's the only way to go. I hope they (and we)can learn something that will help them to heal. And I always learn something myself.After all even in the best of situations, none of us live in perfect families.
 I don't blame the guy from just listening too his wife.   I can't see how anyone could put up with that mouth all these years.   I applaud him for being able too stay with her.   He must be really strong emotionally too put up with that constantly.

April 30, 2007, 12:43 pm CDT

Great show.

For the first half of the show I was thinking, these people were hopeless.

Look at the smirk of pride in their faces as they self-describe as "hot and fiery" and "just like Ozzy." The husband clearly thinks that real men swear, yell and chase anything in a skirt. The wife clearly thought that the louder she screamed and the more sarcastic she was, the more "right" she would be. They really need to stop watching so much TV if they pick, the worst people to immulate.

People who take their fights out into the front yard are clearly playing to an audience. Even inside I'll bet they like to think how it will all sound when they tell their friends about it later. I mean seriously, writing the "C" word all over yourself?

True pedophiles go after children. Many countries draw the line at puberty which would make the age of the child 13 or 14. He is not a pedophile.

He is a philanderer.
He thinks she should get over his affairs in a second.
She would rather be right than happy.
She enjoys cutting him off at the knees and making him feel stupid and foolish.
They both demean each other.
They both deliberately hurt each other.
They both have the worst manners I've ever seen.

I thought they were a lost cause but Dr Phil brought out the people they were when they were children before all the obnoxious attitude came along and suddenly they were human beings with hearts. and capable of change. Amazing.

April 30, 2007, 12:53 pm CDT

Re: House Intervention

I'm wondering why anyone would want to live this way?  What a horrible way for anyone......especially children.....to live.  If she really thinks he's a pedophile, she is endangering her children by staying with him.  I think they should all go their separate ways, start a new life, and put each other out of their misery.

April 30, 2007, 12:53 pm CDT

This may sound crazy, but I hope they can work it out...

There was something really poignant about looking at the wedding picture of these two ~ in so many ways they seem really well suited for each other.  They are both bright and charming and engaging.  They seem to have common goals and dreams.  And, each one of them wants to be loved and wants to be happy.  I think they could have a lot of fun together if it weren't for the fact that they both seem to hate each other right now.

Aside from that one tiny issue...

April 30, 2007, 12:58 pm CDT

04/30 A Dr. Phil Family on Fire: House Intervention

I THINK THERE MAY BE HOPE FOR THIS FAMILY, BUT THEY NEED TO CLEAN UP THEIR LANGUAGE THEY USE INFRONT OF THEIR KIDS!!!,

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last