Message Boards

Topic : 04/30 A Dr. Phil Family on Fire: House Intervention

Number of Replies: 152
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 27, 2007, 01:55:23 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

This Dr. Phil Family is angry, out of control, and about to get an intervention in The Dr. Phil House. Melissa, 22, wrote to Dr. Phil for help for her self-destructive family. Her mother, Myra, and her stepfather, Gene, have a long history of betrayals, infidelity, anger and years of bitter resentment. Melissa says her family even turns special occasions into volatile disasters with turkey dinners and Christmas trees being thrown across the room. The fighting got so bad, Melissa says she had to move away from her extreme family. Her brothers, Edwin, 20, and Eugene, 17, attest that their home is a war zone, and that they have witnessed fights between their parents that involve name-calling, spitting and dousing each other with water, all in front of their 7-year-old brother. Myra says she can’t forgive Gene for his four affairs, but especially the last one, which was with a 19-year-old. Over three years have passed since Gene’s last affair, but Myra still calls him a pedophile every chance she gets, and says she’d leave if it weren’t for their youngest child. Can this family learn to stop the drama, heal their anger and start over with a healthy foundation, or should they call it quits for good? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More April 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 28, 2007, 5:39 am CDT

Wow! This should be an interesting show!

It always amazes me that a family is willing to move into the DrPhil house and bare thier souls to the television audience. But,this particuliar family is in such trouble I guess it's the only way to go. I hope they (and we)can learn something that will help them to heal. And I always learn something myself.After all even in the best of situations, none of us live in perfect families.

April 28, 2007, 7:53 am CDT

04/30 A Dr. Phil Family on Fire: House Intervention

Dr Phil the world can come to its end as long as it don't happen while your on, this is one show i know I'm not going to miss.

April 28, 2007, 8:15 am CDT

REPEATED INFIDELITY - MALE AND FEMALE

If you are with in a relationship with someone, you expect the relationship to grow and deepen over time; you expect a heart connection to be made and maintained.  You operate your life based on this expectation.  When your partner in the relationship does not or cannot make an emotional connection, the relationship becomes very painful.  Some of my favorite books that provide a great introduction and insight into personality types most capable of repeated infidelity are:

Emotional Blackmail:  When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation and Guilt to Manipulate You by Susan Forward AND Why is it Always About You?  The Seven Deadly Sins of Narcissism by Sandy Hotchkiss

Malignant Self Love:  Narcissism Revisited by Sam Vaknin

Get Me Out of Here:  My Recovery From Borderline Personality Disorder by Rachel Reiland OR The Angry Heart by Joseph Santoro and Ronald Cohen

Emotional Unavailability:  Recognizing It, Understanding It and Avoiding Its Trap by Bryn Collins

How to Journal for Therapy:

http://arar.essortment.com/therapyjournali_repu.htm

There are marriages and relationships that are so destructive the only option is for a person to get out.  Get out with the little bit of sanity you may have remaining.  Make a promise to yourself to leave.  Leave so you can begin a life of healing and recovery.  Leave so you can learn to live a joyful, peaceful and fulfilling life.

Hope it helps!

April 28, 2007, 8:57 am CDT

RE: Jennifer & Jeffery

Yes I would just like to say what Eleanor Roosevelt always said, "YOU CANNOT FEEL INFERIOR WITHOUT GIVING YOUR OWN CONSENT"

Thank you.

April 28, 2007, 3:26 pm CDT

blood is thicker than water

why do we treat each other so hurtfully? Is blood thicker than water? Why can we not forgive our relatives and continue to expose ourselves to continued abuse?
I suggest everybody stay away from each other - period. Forgive each other and go on with your own life. Most importantly, take all the individual help Dr. Phil is willing to provide and then take care of yourself, set your own sights on your own goals and treat yourself with respect. Blood may be thicker than water, but one can drown in that blood! I will not watch Monday's show because it reminds me too much of my own teen years. The scars of such interactions in a family last a lifetime and change who you really are for ever. I am now in my seventies and the blood feuds of fifty years ago still cut deep. I got out of the country for my freedom and my adult life has been a blessing and decades filled with deep respect and affection. Get out. Stop it and Get Out!

April 28, 2007, 4:58 pm CDT

Mondays House on Fire

Why do people use a young child as an excuse to stay together.  A stable one parent household would be more beneficial to this seven year old than the war zone he is living in presently.  I can only wonder at the stress level and anxieties he is experiencing.  Sounds to me like both parents are out of control and this kid is going to be the one who pays for it.

April 28, 2007, 5:08 pm CDT

Growin' up is hard to do!

Sounds like an entire household of chaos with no actual "parents".. (as they are engaging in rebellious, out of control, teenage-like behaviors)

No one to own up, no one to be adult, no one to stop the insanity..... mayhaps Le Phil can DO it! 

I hope.. and I hope they listen..

Should prove interesting..

April 28, 2007, 7:04 pm CDT

House Intervention

The 2 adults each need counselling . Behind the anger is a lot of pain. Before any healing can take place, this has to be dealt with. Once all the hurt and pain has been acknowledged to each other they can then start loving themselves. Saying daily affirmations such as "I am a wonderful, loving person"..."I deserve the best and I accept it now",etc ...and start and end each day by giving thanks for at least 5 things...will put you in loving, thankful frame of mind. If you are looking for things to be thankful for, you will see more of them.

The only person you can change is yourself. If you change, then everything around you will change. People will react to you differently. If you treat people with love and respect, then that is what you will get in return.No pretence. It has to come from the heart because your voice is a dead giveaway if it doesn't come from the heart.

We live by the Law of Attraction--what we give out comes back to us. If you want a loving ,caring husband, be a loving, caring wife. Good luck xoxoxoxxoxoxoxo

April 28, 2007, 7:26 pm CDT

help them dr phil i know you will

i hope that they get the help they need with dt phil life is to short to fight all the time have a great life with your family when you have then cause when they are gone you will miss then like crazy

April 28, 2007, 7:58 pm CDT

they ought to be thankful

Quote From: truth66

The 2 adults each need counselling . Behind the anger is a lot of pain. Before any healing can take place, this has to be dealt with. Once all the hurt and pain has been acknowledged to each other they can then start loving themselves. Saying daily affirmations such as "I am a wonderful, loving person"..."I deserve the best and I accept it now",etc ...and start and end each day by giving thanks for at least 5 things...will put you in loving, thankful frame of mind. If you are looking for things to be thankful for, you will see more of them.

The only person you can change is yourself. If you change, then everything around you will change. People will react to you differently. If you treat people with love and respect, then that is what you will get in return.No pretence. It has to come from the heart because your voice is a dead giveaway if it doesn't come from the heart.

We live by the Law of Attraction--what we give out comes back to us. If you want a loving ,caring husband, be a loving, caring wife. Good luck xoxoxoxxoxoxoxo

I feel they ought to ne thankful,they can get Dr.Phil's help.

I wouled love for an intervention ,in my family.

I have dissabilites,and feel my fmaily,and I fight all the time.

I wouled love just one hour with DR.phil.

If these folks get upset with Dr.phil,they are ungrateful.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last