Message Boards

Topic : 05/03 Lay Down the Law

Number of Replies: 467
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 27, 2007, 02:01:34 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Investigations, accusations, allegations -- Dr. Phil's guests are ex in-laws who are practically putting each other on trial. Cindy and Randy say their ex daughter-in-law, Michele, is an unfit mother, and their 8-year-old granddaughter is living in danger. Michele says Cindy and Randy make up sick accusations. Who's really telling the truth? Renowned attorney Lauren Lake weighs in on how the courts will judge their situation. When the bickering becomes heated between the couple and Michele, find out who storms offstage. Will Dr. Phil be able to settle this battle once and for all, and will Randy and Cindy be able to finally see their granddaughter? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2007 Show Boards

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 3, 2007, 8:04 am CDT

In Laws

I missed the beginning of the show.  Where is their son/ex husband?   If it's a divorce then why isn't he in the picture?  Sometimes I see grandparents continue a generational problem.  So IF they didn't do a good job with their son what are the hopes that they will do a good job with the grandchild. 

May 3, 2007, 8:10 am CDT

05/03 Lay Down the Law

randy was really making me sick of hearing all that crap about the my space acc, RANDY EVERY ONE KNOWS ANY ONE CAN OPEN A  ACCOUNT IN ANY NAME THEY CHOSE, i don't blame Michell for walking off but i found it sad that she is letting them have the upper hand, maybe all she really needs is a distraction

May 3, 2007, 8:15 am CDT

Enough to make YOUR hair fall out!

Hi Dr. Phil!

Those people are completely screwed up! I can't tell if it is the daughter-in-law or the parents-in-law because they were all screaming at one another. In my opinion, the children need to be protected from all the arguing and the misstatements that their mother and grandparents have against each other ... the children are bright and undoubtedly picked up A WHOLE LOT of the toxic nature of the parent and grandparents. Maybe a place to start is to ask the father what his opinion is since he knows everyone involved. That is all I know, other than the fact that my hair is falling out on this one!

May 3, 2007, 8:16 am CDT

Families in Crisis !

I don't blame Michele running off the stage, with those two mean people hurling abuse at her all the time.  It's disgraceful to use children as pawns between adults. Never once did they mention the reckless behaviour of their son, who was in prison at the time. I don't know if he's still there now. Every one makes mistakes especially as we bring up kids. My daughter was a heroin user when she was a teenager and thank God she saw the light and came off that horrible drug. I nearly lost her to death, but now she's healthy, fit and her and her partner have 2 beautiful kids, of which I am so blessed with, as a grandparent.  All those horrible allegations against Michele, the mother , makes them toxic to the grandchildren.  What children say at that age of Cristen and Lexa can be easily misconstrued to mean something else. They, Cindy and Randy , should learn to be quiet , Michele needs to be given a chance here to show them the mother she is. The counseling that is offered to both parties is beneficial for all concerned so that a resolution, a middle ground will be found here before the children will be really harmed. All these accusations and great anger  will only result in tragedy if it's not contained, foremost for the children.  I feel so sorry for Michele, as she seems such a lonely figure trying her hardest to defend herself against this tide of hatred. Cindy is so manipulative and controlling and wants to have her own way. Randy is happy lifting that accusing finger. Did they ever make stupid mistakes when they were young in dealing with their sexuality and morals? I don't believe their ways now are justified.  Why aren't they pointing a finger at their son, who rammed Michele's car, while she had the kids in the car. Michelle might have done some wrong things, but so has everyone. So for the kid's sakes, may they come to a peaceful resolution with Dr.Phil's help.

Sincerely

Lory(Australia)

May 3, 2007, 8:16 am CDT

05/03 Lay Down the Law

I can't believe what I read when I read this story on-line. Those grand parents should be ashamed of them selves. If I was these childrens mother I wouldn't want them to see there grand parents either. Isn't it there son who is in prison! Get a clue and leave this women and her kids alone. I hope the grand parents get some counseling before they are allowed to be alone with those little girls ever again.

May 3, 2007, 8:17 am CDT

05/03 Lay Down the Law

Quote From: c0lleen

I missed the beginning of the show.  Where is their son/ex husband?   If it's a divorce then why isn't he in the picture?  Sometimes I see grandparents continue a generational problem.  So IF they didn't do a good job with their son what are the hopes that they will do a good job with the grandchild. 
there son is in prison, that is why he isn't there. I totally agree with you.

May 3, 2007, 8:29 am CDT

Lay Down the Law

Yes, sometimes the grandparents do continue a generational problem.  There are legitimate cases that come before the courts, but they are very few.   Most grandparents that take a parent to court do so because they have control issues and cannot control the child's parent, so use their grandchild to gain control.  Grandparents who do this in the long run end up hurting the grandchild by taking money away from the family who needs to pay huge legal fees to defend themselves as parents.  The grandparents cause huge stresses for the child's family and often for the child.  Most grandparents can pursue a case in court because they have the finances to do so, where as the child's parents are struggling to raise a family and end up in debt, lost wages due to time off work because of court and lawyer appointments, large fees to psychologists because the child is damaged and requires therapy.  The child's family often ends up living more in poverty than anything else.  So the grandparent that can sit there and say that they are concerned about the child's safety needs to realize that they have actually created a home that puts that child at risk.  They have created a family that is now under severe stress, facing financial difficulties and created a child who now has emotional problems.  In other words the grandparent has now injured the child.  It is time the courts systems see this for what

it is.

Thanks for listening

Cindy

May 3, 2007, 8:33 am CDT

shame on those grandparents

Shame on those grandparents.  They do NOT have their grand-daughter(s) best interest at heart.  I feel for the mom and girls.  While she may not be perfect, I would not want my child(ren) around those people at all-EVER.  I wonder what religion the grandparents are-they sure spewed morality etc while their behavior was nothing short of judgemental, accusatory, attacking, and repulsive.

May 3, 2007, 8:35 am CDT

They don't love the kids!

Who ALWAYS pays the price??????????? The children, that's who! I never forget the Bible account of the two women claiming to be the child's mother. It became obvious who the real mother was because she wasn't willing to divide her child.

It's a shame SO MANY TODAY truly do NOT care about the welfare of children. They give lip-service to caring. They are simply too selfish and hate-filled to truly care. Lose the huge egos, People!!!

Talk about scarring children for life.....and then making it almost impossible for them to grow up into healthy adults who have healthy relationships.

SHAME on EVERYONE involved!

May 3, 2007, 8:39 am CDT

Smart Cookie, you are!

Quote From: nannie_grams

I'm very anxious to see this show as I am a Grandmother raising her 11 year old grandson. i have had him for 5 years. My son and his ex wife are divorced, she was having an affair and my grandson was old enough to know what was going on. He also has 2 sisters who live with their MOm and visit us every other weekend. I would never talk down about their Mother to any of them, although I do not like her lack of parenting skills and I worry constantly about the welfare of my granddaughters. I still think a child can not have too many people that love them in their life so it is far better if every one in this child's life can learn to co exist and help raise this child to  have a good self esteem and grow to be a responsible person

Nannie Grams, you are RIGHT ON the mark!

All the children in your life will benefit from your common sense, UNSELFISHNESS and genuine care and concern for your loved grandchildren.

You go, Girl! May others learn from YOU. God bess you!!!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last