Message Boards

Topic : 05/03 Lay Down the Law

Number of Replies: 467
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, April 27, 2007, 02:01:34 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Investigations, accusations, allegations -- Dr. Phil's guests are ex in-laws who are practically putting each other on trial. Cindy and Randy say their ex daughter-in-law, Michele, is an unfit mother, and their 8-year-old granddaughter is living in danger. Michele says Cindy and Randy make up sick accusations. Who's really telling the truth? Renowned attorney Lauren Lake weighs in on how the courts will judge their situation. When the bickering becomes heated between the couple and Michele, find out who storms offstage. Will Dr. Phil be able to settle this battle once and for all, and will Randy and Cindy be able to finally see their granddaughter? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2007 Show Boards

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 8, 2007, 11:00 am CDT

05/03 Lay Down the Law

I think the in-laws really need to back off.  They are driving this girl crazy.  I believe they are probably filling this little girl with crazy ideas.  I hope it gets worked out.

July 11, 2007, 3:42 pm CDT

05/03 Lay Down the Law

Quote From: lindsayjor

My grandmother was a horrible person towards my mother...

She never took my mother on national TV, but she was active in spreading rumours about her in our small town and demonizing her for no reason....

However, there is this thing called KARMA and it really does exist. Not only do I resent my grandmother now, so does most of my family...

I know the grandparents involved are on this message board. I just want them to know that because of their actions, the liklihood of them experiencing this resentment is QUITE HIGH!

Good luck to all those involved. Only the girls involved know the entire truth and in 10 years, when they are old enough to make their own rational decisions, the truth will come out.

People like that are pure E-V-I-L. No need to have religious belief in any devils; they ARE the devil. It's astonishing that some people feel such sick satifaction and joy in destroying another person. They are infested with hatred.

How horrible it must have been for your mother to go through that, and it being from her own mother who should have been her source of comfort and love! I had a mother that stood by me no matter what. This foundation of blind, limitless love was a very important foundation for me as a child, and later growing up to stand against all wayward things society empose on the young. Because of her love, I learned what true love is. A mother's love is like air, water, life for the soul; we desperately need it for our emotional welfare.

I feel extremely sorry to hear of people who have no love from their own parents. It's one of the most tragic things in society - and how does one solve problems like this?

November 19, 2007, 7:31 pm CST

I was there...

I was actually at this show. And I believe Michelle had every right to feel the way she felt, and I also believe her friend Tawny was in the right, saying what she said. The grandparents need to back off, and just let Michelle raise her kids, the way she wants to. She's not even in their family anymore, why do they care? BACK OFF, GRANDPARENTS!!

January 16, 2008, 12:03 pm CST

begga

Quote From: afraid

ive been to the panhandle before i almost got throwed in jail tho, they had to explain to me that panhandle didnt mean i could walk up to people on the sidewalks with my can that said please help im broke, that emerald coast really sounds like a nice place to go to but i bet if i showed up there with my pic axe to mine them emeralds they would stop me from doin that too, im kind of like that michele woman on dr phil today.
They don't allow bums/beggers here in this tourist area. When you drive down the street you just don't see folks out on corners begging like in other larger cities. It is very clean and upkept. So you probably wouldn't like it. But you are right the Gulf Coast is a very nice place, FL,  not AL or MS. Their water is murky, nasty brown water you don't want to get in..

January 19, 2008, 8:08 am CST

05/03 Lay Down the Law

I watched this show yesterday on Dutch television and I was shocked!  Shocked that Dr. Phil gave this grandfather the opportunity to say such things about the mother on national TV.  Everybody could listen so everybody know's now. This is terrible for those girls!  In school other children will tell them there mother is a hooker or a lesbian.  Does this grandfather think that this is in the interest of those girls?  Dr. Phil should have to protect the children and stop this grandfather say these things on national tv. Even when its true it is horrible for the children and certainly not in the interest of the grils.  Children are always loyal to their parents.  Their father is in prison and their mother takes care.

And when it's not true what the grandfather said, I would go to court if I was Michelle because it is slander!

Here in Holland I am used to a lot of strange things on television but from Dr. Phil I did not expect these horrible things.  He hurt the girls terribly and should have stopped this grandfather telling things like this on tv!  One thing is for sure! These grandparents are the most unfit grandparents I have ever seen!

Dr. Phil you should feel ashamed after this show.

June 6, 2008, 7:41 am CDT

WHATEVER

Quote From: grateful1

this show was too short for such a big issue....this should probably have been a two day show ...
You have got to be kidding!  I am so sick and tired of parents being blamed for their adult children's choices.  Just because a person goes to prison does not necessarily reflect their parentts parenting skills.  Dr. Phil is so against victimism I don't think he would agree on this callous and erroneous comment.  Lets put responsibility where  it lies...

October 19, 2008, 12:50 am CDT

Saw this today?

Was there every a follow up?

The mother certainly made a better impression than the grandparents.

First | Prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | Next Page | Last Page