Message Boards

Topic : A Circle of Friends with Loving Support

Number of Replies: 50813
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 08:18:46 am
Author : dataimport

This board is for anyone who desires friendship & Weight Loss Support utilizing Dr. Phil's 7 Keys to Success.

We strive to provide loving support without being judgmental to others.

We all understand that there are events in our lives that can have an effect on our emotional eating. You can discuss that here should you so desire.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 3, 2008, 6:00 pm CDT

Kim

I wrote your e-mail down.....these are some crazy days as my son and his best girl are here for a few days.  We have been keeping busy running around and visiting.  I took a couple days off from school to have some time with them.

Hope you keep coming to the board.  I'd love to see it busy again.  :)  I got so much support from the ladies and gents that have been part of it for the past few years.

Have a great evening.

Hugs,

Anita

October 5, 2008, 7:19 am CDT

Happy Sunday

Morning, all.  I've taken the morning to get caught up on a few things and you are one of those things.

My son, his girl, and I have been having a great visit.  They have about worn me down to a nub, but it has been great.

We've eaten out much more than I do and I've had so much protein than I'm feel loggy.  Tomorrow is Dr P's RS to get it going again.

Have a great day.

Hugs,

Anita

October 7, 2008, 8:23 am CDT

Hi

Getting started with weight loss once again.

Joe.

October 8, 2008, 2:45 am CDT

Joe

Quote From: cachenut2u

Getting started with weight loss once again.

Joe.

Hi, I'm still here, too.  How have you been?  Any changes in your life??

I'm still teaching and hanging in there.  Still keeping so busy at school that there is little to no home life or workout time.

If I didn't get up at 4 am, I would have no computer time as I'm so beat at night that I feel like a zombie. 

This board is nearly dead.  There were some new folks so I thought we could get going again, but I guess not.  I go to both boards--A Fresh Perspective......-- and both of them are slow.  I'm really sad about it because I don't have much support in my real life, so the cyber support means a lot to me.

I was going to get on RS, but I haven't had the time at home to even get the book out of the shelf and see what I should do.  I can get out of work earlier than usual this afternoon, so I plan on getting it and see what I need to do and getting to the gym.

Hope you stop back--I've missed you on the board, guy.

Hugs,

Anita

October 9, 2008, 9:36 am CDT

hi joe and others

Hi Joe, I'm Gertie.  I think I might remember you, but I just came back on the board, too.  I love your picture -- Beaker is one of my favorite muppets, along with Gonzo and the Swedish chef.  About 30 years ago I saw the Muppets exhibit at one of the art museums in San Antonio.  It was wonderful!

One of my favorite indulgences is to veg out with Muppets on CD, old Star Trek (especially The Next Generation), or Bonanza.  I've been much better lately about "vegging" with actual veggies instead of "chocolating out" or "chipping out"!  I've rediscovered raw snow peas and radishes.  I get tired of carrots and celery.

Am down 8 pounds in the last two months.  The IE is a key part of it for me...not too much vegging!

Hello to all, hope everyone's doing well.

Gertie

October 10, 2008, 2:46 am CDT

Getie, ie

Quote From: gertruda

Hi Joe, I'm Gertie.  I think I might remember you, but I just came back on the board, too.  I love your picture -- Beaker is one of my favorite muppets, along with Gonzo and the Swedish chef.  About 30 years ago I saw the Muppets exhibit at one of the art museums in San Antonio.  It was wonderful!

One of my favorite indulgences is to veg out with Muppets on CD, old Star Trek (especially The Next Generation), or Bonanza.  I've been much better lately about "vegging" with actual veggies instead of "chocolating out" or "chipping out"!  I've rediscovered raw snow peas and radishes.  I get tired of carrots and celery.

Am down 8 pounds in the last two months.  The IE is a key part of it for me...not too much vegging!

Gertie

Giertie, great going on the 8 pounds.Sounds like you are moving more and that is always good--for much more than just losing those pounds.  I'd never heard of eating snow peas raw but I'll give that a try.  I take baby carrots and broccoli in my lunch bag everyday.  Carrots because they are crunchy and broccoli because it is filling (even with gas).  That might get me out of the carrot rut.

The cable here used to show Bonanza, Rawhide, Gunsmoke, etc. re-runs on Saturdays which was so nice to get some papers graded and laundry done and still have a glimse of TV.  I've seen all the shows probably more than once so I didn't have to sit and follow them too closely.  Sure miss them. 

Can[t believe the week is gone again.  I am determined to go to weight watchers tomorrow.  Mom is in the hospital, and should be released in the morning, but I should be able to get in a 45 minute meeting without jamming things up too much. 

I must get a kick-start to get going.  Not been lazy, but sure haven't been getting enough IE.

So you all out there feel free to give me a swift kick!!

Hope you all have a great day,

Hugs,

Anita

October 10, 2008, 11:09 am CDT

Gertie

Gertie

Gertie, Congrats on losing 8 pounds in 2 months.  4 pounds a month seems to be the most I can lose in a month--a pound a week.  It is a good amount of progress.  Good job!  Take care! :) Bren

October 12, 2008, 12:07 pm CDT

A Circle of Friends with Loving Support

Anita and Bren, thanks for the encouragement!  Anita, I hope your mom is doing better.  I'll send up some prayers for her...and you.

I've got an appointment at the YMCA tomorrow for a fitness center orientation.  I've had trouble finding a gym I can live with, but this might be it.  The person who shows me around can advise me on how and what to use, and I've been told by a certain Gunnery Sergeant that I need to work on my core strength!  So I've promised the Gunny I'm going to find out what to do to increase core strength (which he says is basically abs and lower back), AND that I'm going to DO it!  One thing that's attractive about the Y gym is that there are people of all ages and conditions in there, so I won't feel so self-conscious.  There's something about working out in a roomful of Barbies and Kens that's a bit intimidating!!!

I just got us a family membership at the Y, something I've been saying I was going to do for a couple of years now.  I figured out that we'll be spending less in the long run for a family membership than we were spending in non-member fees for the kids' programs (swimming and tennis).  They have a membership drive this month where they waived the sign-up fee, which saved us another $90.  Now I can use the fitness room with no extra charge while the kids are playing tennis (I have to be there anyway), and I can use a lap lane while they're in their swimming lesson.  Then we can do the "family swim time" together!

I hope you're all doing well.  I really enjoy reading your posts!

Gertie

October 13, 2008, 2:34 am CDT

Gertie

Anita and Bren, thanks for the encouragement!  Anita, I hope your mom is doing better.  I'll send up some prayers for her...and you.

I've got an appointment at the YMCA tomorrow for a fitness center orientation.  I've had trouble finding a gym I can live with, but this might be it.  The person who shows me around can advise me on how and what to use, and I've been told by a certain Gunnery Sergeant that I need to work on my core strength!  So I've promised the Gunny I'm going to find out what to do to increase core strength (which he says is basically abs and lower back), AND that I'm going to DO it!  One thing that's attractive about the Y gym is that there are people of all ages and conditions in there, so I won't feel so self-conscious.  There's something about working out in a roomful of Barbies and Kens that's a bit intimidating!!!

I just got us a family membership at the Y, something I've been saying I was going to do for a couple of years now.  I figured out that we'll be spending less in the long run for a family membership than we were spending in non-member fees for the kids' programs (swimming and tennis).  They have a membership drive this month where they waived the sign-up fee, which saved us another $90.  Now I can use the fitness room with no extra charge while the kids are playing tennis (I have to be there anyway), and I can use a lap lane while they're in their swimming lesson.  Then we can do the "family swim time" together!

I hope you're all doing well.  I really enjoy reading your posts!

Gertie

Thanks for the prayers--Mom is home and we are happy to have her back hopefully in better shape.

The Y deal sounds like a good one.  I looked into it for myself, but even with the membership fees waived, it was more expensive than the gym I go to.  However, now that I am 65, they might have a cheaper monthly fee.  The nearest Y to me is a 12-15 mile drive from my house, so I've just stuck with the small gym with no pool.

Not much news...didn't get to weight watchers Saturday.  Dad wanted me to go with him in case Mom was released from the hospital.  It is easier for him if someone else is driving.  She wasn't, but we had a nice visit.  By the time I got home, I needed to get busy with laundry, etc.

Didn't get to the gym either.  At least at the Y, they would be open on Sundays.  :(

Got to get going.  You all have a great day.

Hugs,

Anita

October 24, 2008, 7:25 am CDT

hello?

The last post I'm seeing is mine, from Oct. 13.  Is my computer just not picking them up for some reason?  Or has everyone dropped into a black hole?

I miss y'all!

By the way, I'd lost 11 pounds but was on the road the last two days and went a little nuts, so I gained a couple back.  Boy, it's easier to gain it than to lose it!  I'm back on track and going to the gym at the Y.  I really like it there - the trainers are wonderful about showing people how to use the machines, giving advice on what to do according to your goal, and not making you self-conscious about asking for help or not being in great shape to begin with!  I think I've found my niche.

Gertie

First | Prev | 5074 | 5075 | 5076 | 5077 | 5078 | 5079 | 5080 | 5081 | Next | Last